• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 611 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 09:58 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 23 October 2015 - 08:44 PM, said:

I was thinking the same thing

Executioner is another one

I have quite a few 800+ dmg matches on my Orion K recorded as well as a couple of 1000+ dmg matches on my Executioner. I suppose I could post those up in the coming weeks. I wasn't sure people would like them enough.

View PostNovakaine, on 23 October 2015 - 09:25 PM, said:

Nova makes his own meta.
Posted Image

I've got a few 800+ dmg Nova matches recorded as well. Both medium and short range build videos.

#65 cSand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 23 October 2015 - 10:39 PM

PB or fail

#66 Kristian Radoulov

Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 611 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 06:45 PM

Bump for this week's video featuring the Cataphract 0XP.

#67 Murzao

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 388 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 07:16 PM

Fav mech at the moment is a totally non-meta Cent-AH 98kph, 2AC2 3SRM2 build....got 900/3kills yesterday, usually 500+..got a 700/6 kill game too.......and with the upcoming PTS4 changes hah wow this will be a superpower it's gonna be insane.

#68 Kristian Radoulov

Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 611 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 03:45 AM

View PostMycrus, on 16 September 2015 - 03:07 PM, said:

Do an orion... i dare you...

View PostDavegt27, on 23 October 2015 - 08:44 PM, said:

I was thinking the same thing

View PostApnu, on 16 September 2015 - 03:22 PM, said:

Orions are fun!

Week 6 of the series featuring the Orion K is now up for all the Orion fans out there!

#69 Jolly Llama

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 457 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 06:42 AM

If PGI truly wanted to break meta, they would nerf less and buff more. Bring weaker weapons and quirks in line with stronger ones and peo0le will use them. When you nerf, we just use the next best system.

#70 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 30 November 2015 - 06:51 AM

Please can somebody explain how breaking the meta is working when using meta weapon composition?

i can accept the Atlas.... but neither Orion nor CTF looks like doing different thing - its just the same story but with increased challenge of a worser Mech

#71 stoogah

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 07:25 AM

View Postgeodeath, on 30 November 2015 - 06:42 AM, said:

If PGI truly wanted to break meta, they would nerf less and buff more. Bring weaker weapons and quirks in line with stronger ones and peo0le will use them. When you nerf, we just use the next best system.

Don't buff, nerf. Nerf best wepons to get them in line with weaker ones. Nerf > buff because TTK. If pgi will keep buffing weapons TTK wil get even shorter than what we have now.

View PostKarl Streiger, on 30 November 2015 - 06:51 AM, said:

Please can somebody explain how breaking the meta is working when using meta weapon composition?

i can accept the Atlas.... but neither Orion nor CTF looks like doing different thing - its just the same story but with increased challenge of a worser Mech

+1
Ctf with 3x llas + gauss, orion with 3x llas + gauss... not meta? Try orion with 4mlas + ac20 + 2x srm4 with std 300 - that's non meta build.

#72 Kristian Radoulov

Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 611 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 08:35 AM

View Poststoogah, on 30 November 2015 - 07:25 AM, said:

Ctf with 3x llas + gauss, orion with 3x llas + gauss... not meta? Try orion with 4mlas + ac20 + 2x srm4 with std 300 - that's non meta build.

I understand that playing in T4/5, you don't understand this but the simple fact that you put Orion and meta in the same sentence is anathema to the conceptions of the community at large, and that is what I am trying to debunk.

Furthermore please don't tell me to "try" playing anything because I could have just as easily uploaded my Orion M with 1xLBX10 3xML 2xSRM4 1xLRM10 STD300 800 damage video, but that video did not segway well into my criticism of the dominance of the Nascar tactic.

You know it gets pretty frustrating when you don't sleep all night to finish this video and the first responses you get are a bunch of armchair quarterbacks acting like they can do it better. /peace

#73 Zypher

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 418 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 08:44 AM

I like the idea but the real problem is at the end of the day the game is competitive and combat is so situational.
Any mech can do a ton of damage, it doesn't mean it's a good idea to play a non meta mech if your goal is to win.

#74 Kristian Radoulov

Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 611 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 08:49 AM

View PostZypher, on 30 November 2015 - 08:44 AM, said:

I like the idea but the real problem is at the end of the day the game is competitive and combat is so situational.
Any mech can do a ton of damage, it doesn't mean it's a good idea to play a non meta mech if your goal is to win.

True, but I'm trying to make the point that the disparity is a lot smaller than the community believes it is. So we shouldn't sweat what is "meta" and just play the mechs we like to the best of our abilities and enjoy the diverse corral of mechs we have to choose from.

The builds I show are also ones that I've done consistently well in. If you don't believe me I can upload my numerous 700-800 damage matches with all of the mechs featured in the series so far. I once put up 1000 damage on a trial Victor, but I'm not advocating playing trial mechs because that WAS a fluke. These matches however aren't one-off matches but rather representative of the mech/build's ability.

Edited by Kristian Radoulov, 30 November 2015 - 08:54 AM.

#75 RunWithRandoms

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • 225 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 08:52 AM

Didn't Read yet. Will when I wake up.

I've been harping on about INDOCTRINATED META since I started playing 2 weeks ago,

Got SO much to say about it, and so glad someone is talking about it. Brilliant. Posting tomorrow.

#76 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 30 November 2015 - 12:39 PM

I've said for years now, if you don't like the meta, then don't use it. That's how you change a meta.

I've never been a "meta guy". I've run energy boats almost exclusively (although I run other builds for fun, testing, experimenting, etc.) because that's what I like and they compliment my personal play style very well.

I was told for years "Your mech build sucks" because it wasn't meta enough. Know what happened? I accumulated positive KDRs, great stats, tons of cbills, and countered every meta that has come along over the years.

I agree completely with OP. Do not let others tell you the "best" mech, build, weapon, etc. There is no "best" in MWO, there is "best for you" and "best for roles" and such but there is no singular "best" mech or weapon or system.

#77 Yosharian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 12:49 PM

> 'Breaking the meta'

> Gauss + lasers

k

that said, credit to you for running an Orion carrying any loadout

#78 RunWithRandoms

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • 225 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 01:14 PM

Meta isn't just load outs though... it's mind set too. Just saying.

#79 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 30 November 2015 - 01:28 PM

You Want the Snaggle Tooth?!....YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE SNAGGLETOOTH!
Posted Image

Snaggle Tooth
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...82e6af9419dcd93

Edited by MeiSooHaityu, 30 November 2015 - 05:56 PM.

#80 Kristian Radoulov

Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 611 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 05:09 PM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 30 November 2015 - 01:28 PM, said:

You Want the Snaggle Tooth!....YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE SNAGGLETOOTH!
Posted Image

Snaggle Tooth
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...82e6af9419dcd93

I still need to buy 2 more Catapults and master them; I just might have to play that Snaggle Tooth you put up. Thanks for the idea. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users