53 replies to this topic

#21 Scorch454

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 44 posts
  • LocationKarbala

Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:04 PM

Crying about 12mans again? *incoming pug pampers* (patent pending) for ya. Seriously, you guys are still beating this drum? So the solution to the game at this point for most puggers is to limit the size of the number in a group can drop in one match.

Hmmm, that is just ridiculous. Make some friends and stop being such a stand alone pilot get out there and get into a unit or a group or is that just too much work for you? Maybe just maybe part of the problem is also there is a huge skill level disparity in some of the puggers I have come across. No amount of nerfing the group sizes are going to help out a team that has pilots pumping out a devastating 500 or less damage in a CW match....just saying.

If you know dropping in numbers gives a greater chance of winning than I really don't get your point if you know this why keep doing what you are doing and leaving tear soaked posts about it. Lets punish all the people that actually have friends that like to play the game together to satisfy your needs to pug it in matches.

I get what you are saying about to totally separate the 12man groups from the puggers in different ques. Well, this game does not have the population to do this. Even if that did happen than you guys would find something else to ***** about instead of the real issue of getting better in the game and playing with other people (you are playing with other people every time you pug). So...How about getting back into CW and join units or make your own unit to make the game stronger instead of just endless crying about you getting your arse kicked.

#22 Anachronda

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 293 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:05 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 16 September 2015 - 12:56 PM, said:

WE HAD THAT ALREADY! IT DIDNT WORK!

Is you brain that fired? Or were you not around? Group limit of 4 was already here and was one of the worst things this game ahd in a long time...

IT DID not make the game better it made people pissed they could not play with more then 3 of their friends and they went to play other stuff.

Please look into what we have tried before you pitch ideas that have already been implemented and then removed because they were horrible and made something fun into something not very fun.

The second they lifted that restriction the game flourished more so then ever before...

I agree. It does not make sense to have 4 man group limits in the group queue. No one will be able to take lead in a situation like that, which is the point of group queue - group dynamics, working together, etc etc. Maybe people should form larger groups before going in group queue if they are serious about not getting stomped. I only ever go in there in 2-4s when we're just kind of messing around and not bothered if we lose.

#23 TLBFestus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:17 PM

View PostScorch Radick, on 16 September 2015 - 02:04 PM, said:

Crying about 12mans again? *incoming pug pampers* (patent pending) for ya. Seriously, you guys are still beating this drum? So the solution to the game at this point for most puggers is to limit the size of the number in a group can drop in one match.

Hmmm, that is just ridiculous. Make some friends and stop being such a stand alone pilot get out there and get into a unit or a group or is that just too much work for you? Maybe just maybe part of the problem is also there is a huge skill level disparity in some of the puggers I have come across. No amount of nerfing the group sizes are going to help out a team that has pilots pumping out a devastating 500 or less damage in a CW match....just saying.

If you know dropping in numbers gives a greater chance of winning than I really don't get your point if you know this why keep doing what you are doing and leaving tear soaked posts about it. Lets punish all the people that actually have friends that like to play the game together to satisfy your needs to pug it in matches.

I get what you are saying about to totally separate the 12man groups from the puggers in different ques. Well, this game does not have the population to do this. Even if that did happen than you guys would find something else to ***** about instead of the real issue of getting better in the game and playing with other people (you are playing with other people every time you pug). So...How about getting back into CW and join units or make your own unit to make the game stronger instead of just endless crying about you getting your arse kicked.

And here we have, people, just a wonderful example of the type of good, caring, honest people you can expect to meet in group queue.

It just really makes me feel just what a bad person I am and makes me want to associate with persons of this caliber.

Scorch, my new bestest buddy, please, please, PLEASE be careful when your mom calls you to dinner and you have to jump off that high horse you are on. I wouldn't want you to get hurt.

#24 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:30 PM

Dang it! Just let us solo players into the group queue already!

We'll show them!

:ph34r:

#25 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:39 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 16 September 2015 - 01:23 PM, said:

To be fair, is anyone playing CW at all? Maybe they(the 12man) scared everyone from CW and now have to scare them from Group. Eventually they will have to mix group with solo like back in the days and then we will be back at square one with 1tenth of the population we have now.

It's also probably the best way to earn cbills so you can't blame them, it's all about he cbill grind if you like the game.

I have run into one 12 man since I started playing CW again (which is probably a month or two ago) I ran afoul of a 12 man 4 times today, 3 times when I was in a 2 man with a friend yesterday anf three times the day before that (also in a 2 man). Not the same one though

View PostTarl Cabot, on 16 September 2015 - 12:49 PM, said:

12-man farming? Sound like CW too:) but against not just teams but solo players

I can only speak to the faction Im with and dropping with FRR its as I said above

#26 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:42 PM

cw is too slow nowadays so all the seal clubbers went to the group queue (and also whine that it's too slow for them too and they want an access to the soloq)

#27 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:43 PM

View PostBoulangerie, on 16 September 2015 - 12:54 PM, said:

Would you rather wait longer to get a better match, or quicker matches but get rolled more often?

longer wait for a better match. Epecially when you realize youre gonna get grouped with the same ppl over and over as Ive been seeing lately. Id rather wait longer and have a chance than get grouped against a 12 man and rolled over and over and over and over and MAYBE have a chance at ONE game until you finally get grouped with another enemy. What would you prefer?

View PostLivewyr, on 16 September 2015 - 01:00 PM, said:

Tough situation. (I too have experienced some really lopsided MM in qroup queue recently.. thus I'm playing Solo queue all day today..)

charge with LRMS!!!

#28 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:44 PM

View PostDarkMetalBlade, on 16 September 2015 - 12:38 PM, said:

http://mwomercs.com/...-making-in-mwo/

Read this in case you haven't already. If you've got twitter, pressure Russ into instilling a max group size of four.

That way, it'll hopefully put those people where they belong: At Unit Warfare. Thus, your group's bigger than four strong? Unit Warfare's your only option!

Pffft... Yes, let's force people to play CW if they have more than 4 friends on at a time. :rolleyes:

While I have no love of 12-mans and PUG farming, that is harder to pull off in the Public queues because solos go in one queue, and groups go in another. Equally important - CW stinks and is an utterly miserable game mode. I also find it laughable that your "solution" to 5-man's "stomping" people in the Public group queue is to banish them to CW, where they can be stomped by 12-mans.

Seriously, what is with the forgetting of history on this forum? We had a group max of 4, and it stunk - why bring it back? Yeesh... it's as bad as the guy who wanted info-tech to remove IFF markers, thus turning a closed Beta bug into a feature... people remember nothing, it seems.

#29 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:45 PM

View PostTLBFestus, on 16 September 2015 - 01:06 PM, said:

I can only hope that's why I've been so terribly beat up in games lately. It might be contributory because I really haven't done much in the way of solo drops lately.

That said, I'm torn with the 4 man idea because while it frees me from the tyranny of the 12 mans, it means that when there are 5 of us we must be split up.

I'd be OK with allowing bigger drop sizes as long as it split them up in the same game, as in on opposite sides. I like playing with my buddies, but I also don't really mind killin' them for bragging rights.

well 12 mans in the 12 man queue only died because the comp stuff was ignored by PGI for so long that it withered and they killed the queue "because noone was playing it".

#30 SolarCleric

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:46 PM

I thought group and CW ques were both meant for 12 mans. You go in with less you better play your best. :P

#31 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:47 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 16 September 2015 - 02:43 PM, said:

charge with LRMS!!!

Indeed, indeed.

#32 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:53 PM

View Postwanderer, on 16 September 2015 - 01:27 PM, said:

The problem has and always been that CW was designed with nothing but a 12 man mode.

There is no content for smaller groups,and 4v4 should have been a priority. Even if a 4v4 win would have only 25% the influence vs. a 12v12, the smaller numbers would have allowed for smaller-scale groups and PUGs to have a visible effect without becoming endless farming fodder.

as I said, I havent seen that at all lately. Our side are nearly all 1 man groups and we seem to get matched against nothing but 1 or 2 man groups
mind you I tend to jet out when our side IS all 1 mans cause that usually adds up to a loss, but I havent seen larger than a 6 man on the FRR side in a while (unless using the LFG tool).

In the PAST, yes its been traditionally 12 man stomp city and thats why I stopped playing CW, but since I started again its been much better. Ive tried to get friends TO play it but what they remembered of its past turns them off

View PostTarl Cabot, on 16 September 2015 - 01:28 PM, said:

Just wanted to add something else without editing the prior post.

Does everyone really want this game to start looking at the MSN zone

whats that

lol really dont know

View PostMurphy7, on 16 September 2015 - 01:42 PM, said:

Short of sync dropping the 12's, this is what happens.

Does that work still? Ive seen some funny match ups in the solo queue where its 8 ppl from the same unit but half are on our team and half on the other (which used to happen to us all the time when we tried to synch drop).

Edited by Mechwarrior Buddah, 16 September 2015 - 02:49 PM.

#33 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 September 2015 - 03:09 PM

Posted Image

90% of the time this is what the lobby looks like for FRR lol all 1 mans

#34 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 September 2015 - 03:34 PM

lol JUST hit a 12 man team who were trying to say that having a 12 man team was the same as being in the pug queue lol

#35 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 03:35 PM

Did everyone's memory short circuit? Do you remember what happened last time they had 4 player groups?

Oh yeah, that's right. Due to sheer luck, two 4mans of EmP and a 4man of SJR all got matched up on the same side, facing you in your random 4man and 3-4 other small groups of lone wolves.

#36 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 September 2015 - 03:48 PM

View PostAresye Kerensky, on 16 September 2015 - 03:35 PM, said:

Did everyone's memory short circuit? Do you remember what happened last time they had 4 player groups?

Oh yeah, that's right. Due to sheer luck, two 4mans of EmP and a 4man of SJR all got matched up on the same side, facing you in your random 4man and 3-4 other small groups of lone wolves.

didnt Russ just say something about 4 mans with the brilliant 1/1/1/1 tacked on?

/s

#37 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 16 September 2015 - 03:51 PM

View PostAnachronda, on 16 September 2015 - 02:05 PM, said:

I agree. It does not make sense to have 4 man group limits in the group queue. No one will be able to take lead in a situation like that, which is the point of group queue - group dynamics, working together, etc etc. Maybe people should form larger groups before going in group queue if they are serious about not getting stomped. I only ever go in there in 2-4s when we're just kind of messing around and not bothered if we lose.

The issue is how to form the larger groups/co-opts. Yes, there is "The LFG" but that tells you nothing about the player, no conversation until the person is in the group. Drop in a good match and want to try to group up? Better do a screenshot so ya can spell those dracs/swiners/cubs/chicks players' names correctly cause you will be dropped back into the netherworld.

No real Chat interface for those to interact who do not want to form a permanent unit. Basically a lobby/bar (MPBT Solaris) type system. Make a public, non-CW queue Solaris setup, or something that would make sense in the Battletech/Mechwarrior universe.

#38 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 04:41 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 16 September 2015 - 12:26 PM, said:

Im seeing more 12 man farming in the group queue than Ive seen in at least the past month of CW.

REALLY dissuading me from wanting to play group queue and this is supposed to be a team game. Maybe we need a return of the 12 man group queue cause dropping against vastly superior giant teams and getting my ass handed to me game after game is really making me no longer want to play
You could get a group together and kill them. Most 12 mans are not that good.

#39 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 September 2015 - 04:46 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 16 September 2015 - 03:51 PM, said:

The issue is how to form the larger groups/co-opts. Yes, there is "The LFG" but

...theres never anyone IN it from what Ive been seeing lately

#40 Boulangerie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:58 AM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 16 September 2015 - 02:43 PM, said:

longer wait for a better match. Epecially when you realize youre gonna get grouped with the same ppl over and over as Ive been seeing lately. Id rather wait longer and have a chance than get grouped against a 12 man and rolled over and over and over and over and MAYBE have a chance at ONE game until you finally get grouped with another enemy. What would you prefer?

I'd probably go with the longer wait as well. I'm not sure since I never experienced the long wait times others have complained about. I'm low to mid tier probably and don't play with groups super often either. I could definitely see the better match being more enjoyable, however for those just hoping to grind cbills, I can see that the shorter times in between matches might be more appealing.

It sucks that we have to balance resource gathering with having an enjoyable game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users