1341 replies to this topic

#61 ApolloKaras

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:21 PM

This really brings out the best in people. I just saw a Battlemaster camp out back in the back the entire match to do nothing but inflate his match score (This was in CW mind you)..... Fantastic. Didn't help with a push or anything just sat back and fired er large. I hate these challenges.

Edited by Saxie, 17 September 2015 - 05:21 PM.

#62 BeaverOnFire

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:22 PM

I´m always thankful for events like this but this one is too much of a grind for me. As long as you can´t control which map you play and as long as you need to hit the score on EVERY map to get a package, it is just not worth the time. No Offense, i appreciate the effort you put in this one.

#63 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:23 PM

Game stability depends on how much you crash early. I don't crash early since I have to do "patch day rituals" and that's the only that that seems to reliably improve stability (deleting modified pak files and redownload them all through the repair tool).

Over time, the game's patching system (which is essentially inserting/deleting/manipulating pak files) doesn't work the way it should and tends to cause instability (crashing), so I don't know what else to say about it honestly other than... good luck with that.

#64 Cygnus17

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16 posts
  • LocationOKC, OK

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:24 PM

Can report as well that leaving the match after your mech is destroyed will count as a disco

-Cyg

#65 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:26 PM

View PostCygnus17, on 17 September 2015 - 05:24 PM, said:

Can report as well that leaving the match after your mech is destroyed will count as a disco

-Cyg

So far I haven't been able to replicate this. We're continuing to look at what else might be causing these strikes.

#66 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:27 PM

I'm confused on who the Disconnect Disqualification is supposed to be penalizing....

If they want to prevent players from dropping matches when they're only looking for one last map, this doesn't quite do it.

However, it does penalize players who are unlucky enough to have crash or connection problems.

:wacko:

#67 Mocosloco

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:28 PM

I'm playing EU server as well for quicker Heavy load times. May be part of the issue.

#68 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:29 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 17 September 2015 - 05:26 PM, said:

So far I haven't been able to replicate this. We're continuing to look at what else might be causing these strikes.

I haven't gotten another strike since I stopped DCing after I died...

#69 Mocosloco

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:34 PM

It is at 5 now and trying to do the same playstyle I was running. Play match with my Jager aggressively and DC if I die.

#70 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:43 PM

Time to put on my try-hard pants. Except for the fact that I don't even know which mech qualifies as my try hard mech right now. had way too much success in various ones lately. Best match in a long while was in an Executioner lol.

#71 beerandasmoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:47 PM

So basically dont disco after you die. Thats gonna be rough to get in the appropriate number of matches. I can see why PGI did it though. People would just disco when they didnt get the map they wanted. Kind of a catch 22.

#72 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:49 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 17 September 2015 - 05:26 PM, said:

How about Disconnecting after dying, then launching a new match before that mech is freed up? Has that been tried?

#73 Frytrixa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:50 PM

I really like how the Events differs from each other.
Different rules and different goals keep these Events fresh and less boring *thumbs up!

#74 Innocent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • 235 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:51 PM

Is there some reason PGI considers random chances a challenge? What is challenging about hoping to get maps you need and then hoping you have a team that can play and then hoping you get a good enough score. 3 kills, 6 assists and 400+ damage didn't get 300 for me.

If you want to have a challenge make it one where a player doesn't need to play for days to get it.

#75 Mocosloco

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:55 PM

That is true, I do run each of the Jagers in sequence tonight. So possibly because of the Dc and then restart in a new mech.

#76 slide

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:56 PM

Well what ever else happens, THANK YOU for including CW in a weekend event.

#77 Rushmoar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 266 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:57 PM

View PostThorqemada, on 17 September 2015 - 03:15 PM, said:

Guys - i apreciate your work though i have a feeling that the Disco Thresholds are pretty tight set - on a Weekend with steamy Servers and God knows what Internet traffic and ISP Troubles...
Maybe we can lose them a bit more for the good sake?

Pretty PLease :)

Disqualification Thresholds:

•3 Disconnects (combined across all queues): You are disqualified from Leaderboard placement.
•5 Disconnects (combined across all queues): You are disqualified from Tier 2 Prize Pack eligibility.
•10 Disconnects (combined across all queues): You are disqualified from Tier 1 Prize Pack eligibility.

I don't get this crap. I have been kicked to my desktop twice already. I jumped back in to finnish the fight but i just DCed and was kill right way. So if i jump back in does this not count as a disconnect. Please clarify.

This game that has more poeple disconnected at a start of a match then having all poeple ready at the start.
3 DCed and I'm out for the running. This is really lame of you PGI. Don't like this 1 bit. Plus I lose connection a lot more that I'm running win 10. So there is that. So message of the day. Stability.....................................pass it on.

#78 Skexy

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 63 posts
  • LocationSomerville, MA

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:11 PM

I've disconnected after dying a couple of times; never before getting killed horribly in battle and my counter's at 2 as well.

-skexy

#79 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:20 PM

With River and Forest droping 75% of the time, this event is going to be so fun.

Edited by DAYLEET, 17 September 2015 - 06:29 PM.

#80 Fangry

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:21 PM

Well seems like I got a disconnect somehow.. would be nice to know why since I played every match till death. great work on another useless system pgi!

I wonder how these systems are designed in the first place. dice roll?

Edited by Fangry, 17 September 2015 - 06:27 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users