• 1,119 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:26 PM

and what about just afk players then?

#102 kingade

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:34 PM

wow now i have 4 dc too. strange.
why is it a specific number needed for every map? why not an average of 300/400 on all maps?
we cant choose the maps...

Edited by kingade, 17 September 2015 - 07:47 PM.

#103 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:37 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 17 September 2015 - 07:18 PM, said:

As I said earlier in this thread we will be keeping an eye on how the disconnects play out.
The intention was to deter people purposely dropping out of matches and leaving their team a man down.
We will update the rules tomorrow if necessary.

Also the map rotation was weighted evenly for the public Queue for this event.

no Offense but don't seem like your listening/reading...........
rules state no disconnect before death. most if not all of us are telling you we are playing till death then leaving the match after and being penalized. is this the way its spouse to be or not? simple question YES or NO? thats all we are wondering.

Edited by LordLosh, 17 September 2015 - 07:40 PM.

#104 Ripper X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 343 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:38 PM

In CW can you qualify for both Tier 1 and 2?

#105 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:41 PM

I heard that what was causing the disconnects to accumulate was if you left after dying but before starting to spectate, so I have been meticulously going to spectator every time after dying, and am still accumulating DCs, I now have four even though I have yet to leave a match early.

#106 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:41 PM

I have never heard of anyone deliberately dropping a match "just to leave their team a man down." That prevents them from earning their precious C-bills and locks their mech down...it brings them no benefit...

Edited by Commander A9, 17 September 2015 - 07:42 PM.

#107 altern8jim

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:42 PM

Not even gonna bother with this one. After a few runs, only 4-5 people per drop are qualifying for tier 1, and maybe 1 or 2 for tier 2. That's a bit steep when you have to have the right score on the right [random] map.

#108 Maver0ick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 228 posts
  • Locationbehind you

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:43 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 17 September 2015 - 07:41 PM, said:

I have never heard of anyone deliberately dropping a match "just to leave their team a man down." That prevents them from earning their precious C-bills and locks their mech down...it brings them no benefit...

I think for this event PGI wants to disincent people from quiting if they have already earned their points for that map.

#109 Cox Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationTryhard dimension

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:46 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 17 September 2015 - 07:18 PM, said:

As I said earlier in this thread we will be keeping an eye on how the disconnects play out.

Nice to read this. But does it mean you will check every player who got discualified?
I just want to know - to play for result or not. To spend my time or not. To have a goal or not.
I found this event very good and exciting but it is over for me very shortly due to these fake disconnects.

#110 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:54 PM

Yes; it's bugged. You will be assessed a penalty for quitting early, regardless.

#111 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:55 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 17 September 2015 - 05:26 PM, said:

So far I haven't been able to replicate this. We're continuing to look at what else might be causing these strikes.

Two disconnects logged on my leader board so far - BOTH I rejoined the match and participated.

Now 5 following the departure of a match after death.. ..not cool

PLEASE FIX THIS

Edited by White Bear 84, 17 September 2015 - 09:22 PM.

#112 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:55 PM

Well that officially does it. I went from 4 disconnects to 6 from two games where I didn't leave at all. It's bugged, and now I can't get rewards.

#113 Taddok

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:59 PM

View Postaniviron, on 17 September 2015 - 07:55 PM, said:

Well that officially does it. I went from 4 disconnects to 6 from two games where I didn't leave at all. It's bugged, and now I can't get rewards.

I imagine they'll get it sorted. Otherwise, I don't think an event where you DQ the portion of the playerbase that doesn't read the forums religiously (and I imagine that's a majority, though I have no way to know) will go over very well, lol.

#114 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 08:03 PM

View PostTaddok, on 17 September 2015 - 07:59 PM, said:

I imagine they'll get it sorted. Otherwise, I don't think an event where you DQ the portion of the playerbase that doesn't read the forums religiously (and I imagine that's a majority, though I have no way to know) will go over very well, lol.

While I certainly hope that's the case, I'm not counting on it so heavily that I'm going to put any more time into playing the game until I hear otherwise.

#115 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 08:07 PM

I'm actually terrified to hit "Quit Match" at this point for fear of getting punished further, and all I did was follow the rules. :/

#116 Madcap72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 752 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 17 September 2015 - 08:16 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 17 September 2015 - 08:07 PM, said:

I'm actually terrified to hit "Quit Match" at this point for fear of getting punished further, and all I did was follow the rules. :/

LOL don't worry, I actually got a disconnect strike on letting the end of match screen exit automatically.

#117 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 17 September 2015 - 08:22 PM

View PostGreyNovember, on 17 September 2015 - 03:12 PM, said:

Aye. As generous as the prize is, I have to agree with the poster who mentioned disconnecting. Being in the Philippines -really- does not help this; as connections are only stable to all servers from like... 12 midnight to 9 am on weekdays. That and my laptop likes to freeze up, but that's more my problem than the event's. Stiiiill wont be joining CW, since the only real motivation is the Marauder, and I'll probably throw cash at you guys for this event for my own pack to top it off. Have fun lads.

Philippine internet is pretty bad during the day. Your best bet is to just not play when it's unstable. Even if I can connect, the number of games where my ping spikes to 26,000 for no reason makes an event like this impossible to participate in unless it's midnight onwards. We should be used to it by now though. :lol:

You can give the mb/gb data plans a try instead of using unlimited prepaid though MWO is quite a data hog at around 6 mb per game.

#118 Cato Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 843 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 08:51 PM

Disconnects/reconnects need to be accounted for. Internet spikes/drops/etc are real things.

I now have 1 disco because my internet blipped, despite being able to reconnect before my mech was destroyed or the match ended.

Edited by Cato Phoenix, 17 September 2015 - 08:53 PM.

#119 Sarkastik Demon

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:00 PM

View PostTaddok, on 17 September 2015 - 04:55 PM, said:

Confirming that I'm experiencing the same DC issue: Counter ticks up if you leave after your Mech is destroyed. I don't think this is intended and I'm sure they'll have it ironed out soon enough!

same

#120 whitelightshadow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 230 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:00 PM

Really dont gonna play events that starts out like this. I smell smoke somewhere... and where there is smoke...

Edited by whitelightshadow, 17 September 2015 - 09:03 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users