71 replies to this topic

#41 AssaultPig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 907 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:39 AM

I'm getting these too.

Are we now required to just sit ingame and wait for the last dead enders to be found, or for the match to time out?

#42 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,788 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:41 AM

after a string of four losses in cw i finally have a decent game, we have won pretty much won a counter attack and were mopping up the last few mechs. the clock was dont to a few seconds. DROPPED! so im logging back in and the game waits and waits and waits. after what seemed like an eternity of waiting for that icon to stop spinning, finally the game lets me in but its too late, the match has ended.

on top of all the bug fixes. there needs to be a case exemption for getting dced at last minute, where there is not enough time to log back in.

*e some games later and it still hasn't counted me as a dc. weird.

Edited by LordNothing, 18 September 2015 - 02:03 AM.

#43 AssaultPig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 907 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:41 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 18 September 2015 - 01:03 AM, said:

If there is a problem, some people immediately function as though it's broken forever, it was done intentionally and will never be fixed.

Also anything that feels like 'righteous rage' is very popular on the internet. Hard to let go of or be rational about.

imo you'd be hard pressed to cite evidence of a problem that doesn't stay 'broken forever'

#44 Dran Dragore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Force Commander
  • Force Commander
  • 147 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:20 AM

so, now i got 3 Strikes after the advice: "wait a little after you died, then disconect" - it wont help. The game marks me as a bad guy leaving the game and receive a Strike. I think all in all when this continues (and the usual dont planed Discos or Game Crashes) i dont get anything... Well done PGI...

#45 Apathy Enrage

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 32 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:43 AM

Not sure if this is fixed yet, but I got one yesterday... Haven't gotten any today so far... I can garuntee I don't leave untill I'm already dead...

#46 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:54 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 18 September 2015 - 01:03 AM, said:

If there is a problem, some people immediately function as though it's broken forever, it was done intentionally and will never be fixed.

Also anything that feels like 'righteous rage' is very popular on the internet. Hard to let go of or be rational about.

Funny thing is people that are experiencing this are STILL DCing after death!

#47 Trevor Belmont

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 290 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:56 AM

It's just a game. No need to be so worked up over a virtual reward. Simmer down kids.

#48 Zoid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:57 AM

View PostEvan20k, on 17 September 2015 - 11:38 PM, said:

PGI is aware of the problem and will probably compensate for the false positives. I'm sitting here at 4 myself, but I'm confident that they won't outright screw us over because of a small oversight.

Yeah, I'm not too worried about the false positives right now.

What sucks is that there are definitely going to be people DCing on purpose because they didn't get the map they want and the most likely thing PGI will do is wipe the DCs. So the entire purpose of having it there in the first place will be for naught.

#49 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 05:03 AM

i got 2 disconnects but i was not alive..

i did suicide once does that count as a disconnect? my ping was 1300 for the whole match... so i just walked out of bounds

i thought it was a lag spike so i stuck around but for like 4 minutes it was 1300 so i drove into the wild

#50 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 05:10 AM

View PostAssaultPig, on 18 September 2015 - 01:39 AM, said:

I'm getting these too.

Are we now required to just sit ingame and wait for the last dead enders to be found, or for the match to time out?

Yes. We've been PGI'd. I misread the rule as being Don't Disconnect from the match EVER. And I am glad I did.

#51 z3a1ot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 05:51 AM

I can confirm this. I got 1 disconnect and I should not have any. I disconnected only 1 time after I died and it shows. Rules say you can dc after you die but apparently its not tracking like it should.

#52 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 18 September 2015 - 05:53 AM

View Postz3a1ot, on 18 September 2015 - 05:51 AM, said:

I can confirm this. I got 1 disconnect and I should not have any. I disconnected only 1 time after I died and it shows. Rules say you can dc after you die but apparently its not tracking like it should.

Not a suprise. Is any of our stats even accurate? Look at our stats page. If i look at mines nothing is accurate aside the KDR ratio. Which you can spot updating.

It have been broken for years. As far i know it is wonky.

Edited by Sarlic, 18 September 2015 - 05:54 AM.

#53 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 18 September 2015 - 06:13 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 18 September 2015 - 04:54 AM, said:

Funny thing is people that are experiencing this are STILL DCing after death!

I don't wait for the end of matches where I die unless it nearly finished anyway. The evnt won't change that behaviour especially considering the rules explicetly state that disconnection after death is not grounds for a strike. If PGI can't fix it before I start playing tonight, I just won't qualify for the boards. Why should I stick around? Moral support?

#54 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 18 September 2015 - 06:16 AM

View PostBilbo, on 18 September 2015 - 06:13 AM, said:

I don't wait for the end of matches where I die unless it nearly finished anyway. The evnt won't change that behaviour especially considering the rules explicetly state that disconnection after death is not grounds for a strike. If PGI can't fix it before I start playing tonight, I just won't qualify for the boards. Why should I stick around? Moral support?

nn, wasting time, and cbills, and fun from other new game. great event.

#55 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 18 September 2015 - 06:17 AM

View PostScreamingSkull, on 17 September 2015 - 05:52 PM, said:

"Disconnecting from a match prior to its conclusion may result in disqualification if you have not already been destroyed."

Holy **** can none of you read?

I guess you are the guys that sign stuff before reading it too? Can i sell you guys some stuff? I promise there is no phony Bologna in this packet just sign it and we can figure the rest out later!!?!

IT posted on the website, and Mudhut has quoted it....READ!

#56 crustydog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 September 2015 - 06:23 AM

My current disconnect count is 4 - Not one of these is legit.

#57 KHETTI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationIn transit to 1 of 4 possible planets

Posted 18 September 2015 - 06:28 AM

Weee got one disconnect, so now i have to sit through each and every **** of a game im placed in, this event is less fun and more rage inducing than it usually is.

#58 Aethon

• Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 18 September 2015 - 07:22 AM

View PostSaxie, on 17 September 2015 - 09:58 PM, said:

you all should take a shot of something, Jack, Bacardi 151, Everclear... lol Just calm down. Typing in OMFG #)(*$()*@#)_(*%_)($^_)(@!# fix this #()_)(*$()_^()_ isn't helping anyone...

...which is why I also sent in a bug report.

#59 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 08:37 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 18 September 2015 - 12:12 AM, said:

this totally needs to be a thing. but i dont like the counter of failness approach. why not just punish the player with deletion of the score for the map from which they dced, requiring them to play it again.

That would be pretty awful if you suffered an inadvertent disconnect and lost a huge score. The counter gives you a handful of chances at least.

Again, everyone, this is probably working as intended. If you were allowed to DC, lots of people would start DCing out of maps on which they'd already scored highly. If you allowed DC after death, those same people would just suicide at the start and then DC.

#60 Sleipnir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 233 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 08:59 AM

Just noticed I've got a disconnect. Only started playing the event 2 hours ago and haven't disconnected at all until I was dead. Something is broken.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users