Getting Counted As Dcing For Event After Death

71 replies to this topic

#21 Aethon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:27 PM

I now have two "Disconnects", even though my game froze and I reconnected prior to death on one, and the other times I manually disco'd after counting to 10 once I died.

Broken tournament is broken.

#22 Torric

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 239 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:36 PM

i am now disqualified from the leaderboard placement, possibly from anything once it updates, since it only seems to count disconnects.
  • Disconnecting from a match prior to its conclusion may result in disqualification if you have not already been destroyed.
  • In the event of unintended disconnects, successfully reconnecting to a match from which you have been disconnected will not count that disconnect as a strike against your disqualification threshold.
  • Failing to reconnect prior to the conclusion of a match (in cases where you were not destroyed prior to disconnecting) will count as a strike against your disqualification threshold. There will be no exceptions to this rule.

There will be no exceptions to this rule? Maybe if your friggin system actually works. This is not how you get any money or support from me, dear PGIdiots.

#23 CrazyDave1313

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:46 PM

Apparently their system is Working as Intended, because I've had this problem too.

#24 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,789 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:55 PM

yesterday i had two disconnects in one game and one in another game that ended before i rebooted. i always try to rejoin. some days you get none and other days you can end up with 4 or 5. so to have the game disqualify you for bugs in the system is kind of derp.

even makes me question whether or not that was intentional. let players dq themselves so that you dont have to give away as much free stuff. my counter is still at zero fortunately.

#25 ApolloKaras

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:58 PM

you all should take a shot of something, Jack, Bacardi 151, Everclear... lol Just calm down. Typing in OMFG #)(*$()*@#)_(*%_)($^_)(@!# fix this #()_)(*$()_^()_ isn't helping anyone...

#26 VilleRunner

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:02 PM

Already at 5 disconnects so might as well give up. Not one of my disconnects was before I died. Typical PGI screw up.

#27 Soultraxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:05 PM

I wouldnt fret about it.

Im sure PGI will take this into account when they fix the problem

#28 DELTA111

• Pip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:22 PM

I had played 8 matches and recorded 2 disconnections having clearly been destroyed before disconnecting. After experimentation I believe that if you "quit match " before entering spectator mode after being destroyed this triggers the false disconnection. It definitely triggered my third disconnection. Please address this error. And reset the disconnection count while your at it. In the meantime I will go play something else. Thank you.

Edited by DELTA1111, 17 September 2015 - 11:25 PM.

#29 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:26 PM

View PostSaxie, on 17 September 2015 - 09:58 PM, said:

you all should take a shot of something, Jack, Bacardi 151, Everclear... lol Just calm down. Typing in OMFG #)(*$()*@#)_(*%_)($^_)(@!# fix this #()_)(*$()_^()_ isn't helping anyone...

I think with this particular tourny actually having good prizes to fight for, they definitely have every right to blow their lid at such a big oversight.

#30 Waylander40K

• PipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 40 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:35 PM

Likewise 2 DC's against me, can only be from quitting the game after I died.

Not happy, needs fixing.

#31 Evan20k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tyrant
  • The Tyrant
  • 491 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:38 PM

PGI is aware of the problem and will probably compensate for the false positives. I'm sitting here at 4 myself, but I'm confident that they won't outright screw us over because of a small oversight.

#32 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 12:03 AM

It's probably in place because the challenge requires you to hit every map. If you got a huge score on Forest Colony, you might be incentivized to DC or suicide/DC from further Forest Colony games so that you could hit up other maps. A lot of matches would end up with suicides because players would decide "Meh, I'm not going to top my current high score on this map, so lemme suicide, DC, and play a different mech."

#33 crashlogic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 318 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 12:05 AM

"Disconnecting from a match prior to its conclusion may result in disqualification if you have not already been destroyed."
They ought to give all of us 30 days premium time for sticking us with this lie

#34 Dran Dragore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Force Commander
  • Force Commander
  • 147 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 12:06 AM

same here :-/ Sry, this sucks...

#35 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,789 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 12:12 AM

View PostKubernetes, on 18 September 2015 - 12:03 AM, said:

It's probably in place because the challenge requires you to hit every map. If you got a huge score on Forest Colony, you might be incentivized to DC or suicide/DC from further Forest Colony games so that you could hit up other maps. A lot of matches would end up with suicides because players would decide "Meh, I'm not going to top my current high score on this map, so lemme suicide, DC, and play a different mech."

this totally needs to be a thing. but i dont like the counter of failness approach. why not just punish the player with deletion of the score for the map from which they dced, requiring them to play it again. actually the system they have now would be better if it worked as advertised.

#36 ApolloKaras

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 18 September 2015 - 12:39 AM

View PostWolf Kiarsen, on 18 September 2015 - 12:21 AM, said:

....and Saxie,....this is not the first recorded screw up by P.G.I. Of course people are getting pissed. Your apologist attitude empowers companies like P.G.I. to get away with this crap. I hope everybody starts to %^#%^# flip out and post such comments,..maybe,..they will take us out of beta test mode and make a whole game.

View PostAresye Kerensky, on 17 September 2015 - 11:26 PM, said:

I think with this particular tourny actually having good prizes to fight for, they definitely have every right to blow their lid at such a big oversight.

You act as if they won't fix it. There's a way to be constructive about it. Hey this needs fixed and then there's toxic flipping out. Which do you think would get you actual results on the real world.

#37 Tool Box

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 219 posts
  • LocationDealing with a lance of enemies by myself.

Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:02 AM

Finally I have been afflicted with this ******** as well, 2 strikes now I'm not sure what causes it but its stressful as ****.

Edited by Tool Box, 18 September 2015 - 08:06 AM.

#38 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:03 AM

If there is a problem, some people immediately function as though it's broken forever, it was done intentionally and will never be fixed.

Also anything that feels like 'righteous rage' is very popular on the internet. Hard to let go of or be rational about.

#39 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:19 AM

I understand the frustation. I have regulary disconnects as well.

Instead of complaining or demanding 'FIX NOW' how about people give feedback to PGI how to combat shutdown mechs and people leaving the game early? PGI obviously want to combat early KDR statters and shutdown mechs.

Lucky me i dont do stupid events though. Playing with the players int the solo que durent a event is horrible.

It's mostly the players who drives me away from playing the game during events.

Edited by Sarlic, 18 September 2015 - 01:34 AM.

#40 LordDante

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 782 posts
  • Locationmy Wang is aiming at ur rear... torso

Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:33 AM

shutting ur mech down just to troll the rest of the players is NOT ok.
Whats also NOT ok is to disconnect after dying.
U start the game together as a team AND u end the game together as a team!!!
Disconnecting after dying is a slap to the face of ur teammates.
its kiddys behavior. Real mechwarriors will honor their last stand by watching and not looking away by disconneting.
witness me !!!!!!!!!

u may say im a dreamer, but im not the only one. maybe one day you join us and we STAND as one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users