Nine drops yesterday. 5 300s out of the way and 3 400s, time well spent

#22 V O L T R O N

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 318 posts
  • LocationThe Flat and Motionless Earth

Posted 18 September 2015 - 09:40 AM

Ya, that new quad uac5 mech that everyone is using to be on the leader board shouldnt be allowed. Should be solo drops too, this **** is rigged. The mechs too op and you can farm kills and damage with a good groups of guys pretty easily.

So as everything is mentioned above there is that too. Takes a lot of time, ill be up there thou. Just give me a bit.

#23 Tool Box

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 219 posts
  • LocationDealing with a lance of enemies by myself.

Posted 18 September 2015 - 09:44 AM

Believe me when I say I just want the 400's despite having 600+ match score on every map, cept one, as far as I'm concerned I just want an hpg manifold drop. If I get the marauder at all is a nice bonus.

Hpg manifold where are you :(

Edited by Tool Box, 18 September 2015 - 09:45 AM.

#24 cSand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 18 September 2015 - 09:47 AM

View PostV O L T R O N, on 18 September 2015 - 09:40 AM, said:

Ya, that new quad uac5 mech that everyone is using to be on the leader board shouldnt be allowed. Should be solo drops too, this **** is rigged. The mechs too op and you can farm kills and damage with a good groups of guys pretty easily.

So as everything is mentioned above there is that too. Takes a lot of time, ill be up there thou. Just give me a bit.

lol which mech is that?

#25 V O L T R O N

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 318 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:01 AM

View PostcSand, on 18 September 2015 - 09:47 AM, said:

lol which mech is that?

The one that just came out.... MAL-

#26 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:11 AM

View PostV O L T R O N, on 18 September 2015 - 10:01 AM, said:

The one that just came out.... MAL-

oh yea, lol

#27 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:17 AM

Having placed top 10 in an event before I have to agree, trying this hard for content that isn't even limited edition isn't worth it. If you want the marauder pack that bad just buy it

#28 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:20 AM

View PostCementi, on 18 September 2015 - 09:00 AM, said:

My advice to the average pilot and having fun with the game.

Ignore challenges if they force you to deviate from how you normally play. This usually is not fun and will simply burn you out on the game either temporarily or short term.

this is good advise...I used to try hard during them and it was always stressful and not fun. Once I stopped caring, I usually made it without even knowing and I had more fun playing.

#29 GRiPSViGiL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:21 AM

View PostcSand, on 18 September 2015 - 08:23 AM, said:

Even if you place top 10, you still have to live with the shame that you could have just worked for 3 hours that weekend and bought everything you won

and instead you gamed for 72 hours straight -_-

The irony lol. Time based ladders are not for me. To much other stuff to do....besides its football season baby.

#30 M T

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationGouda, South Holland

Posted 18 September 2015 - 12:20 PM

My own assessment basically:

Top players arent guaranteed to get on there in the case said player has little time in the period of this event. The likelyhood of that happenening is still greater than the average player but by no means a guarantee.

alot is indeed based on luck, and also kills dont seem to matter much for match score, total damage done seems to be the most important factor which (imho) is failsauce as with 99% of the games efficient killing / lower damage > lots of spread damage and high numbers.

Im honestly not sure why PGI clamps themselves on damage / kills / assists so much, not just here but also in their 'improved' matchmaker. The only real basic stat to derive a players performance on is primarily accuracy and positioning, altho the last one would be hard to measure.

Oh well, still quite proud of my achievement a year ago :D

http://i.imgur.com/jegvroh.png

Cheers! :D

Edited by MTs Cavia Porcellus, 18 September 2015 - 12:34 PM.

#31 xMintaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 882 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 12:35 PM

View PostV O L T R O N, on 18 September 2015 - 09:40 AM, said:

Lol if you seriously think the Mauler is OP.

#32 V O L T R O N

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 318 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 12:53 PM

View PostLunatech, on 18 September 2015 - 12:35 PM, said:

Lol if you seriously think the Mauler is OP.

The leader boards and the numbers I have seen would suggest so

#33 Otto Cannon

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:03 PM

View PostV O L T R O N, on 18 September 2015 - 12:53 PM, said:

Have you considered that it might just be a decent mech that lots of people are using right now because it's new?

#34 Evan20k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tyrant
  • The Tyrant
  • 491 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:05 PM

I would much prefer they took the best score of each map and added it together and compared that against NumberOfMaps*300 or 400 depending on the prize tier, but I'm not too concerned about this.

#35 xMintaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 882 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:39 PM

View PostV O L T R O N, on 18 September 2015 - 12:53 PM, said:

How do you know they're using UAC Maulers?

Second place is using Hellbringers and I keep seeing Dogmeat1 in a Blackjack.

#36 crustydog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:53 PM

I beat my head against the wall yesterday trying to get to 400 match score - I did it a few times - but as I became more tired the possibility of repeating it went further and further away - while my rage just increased exponentially.

Feeling very much better now after some good old R&R.

Having seen the new match score system in action - I mean, really paying attention to it for the first time since we changed it, I do not feel it properly reflects valuable performance on the field.

That whole disconnect thing doesn't work very well at all - I'm glad to hear they removed that.

The leader boards? I've never been a player of that caliber - maybe next year - for now my goal is simply to complete the event.

The thing is - if I'm having trouble and I've been here for a year, then our newer players - the ones who really need these C-Bills - well, they have no hope of completing this event. Previous event design was doable by the new guys. This event pretty much shuts them out.

#37 Zoid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:55 PM

View Post0bsidion, on 18 September 2015 - 08:22 AM, said:

Don't worry, I won't. I'm not even sure how it's possible to get a score of 5800+ unless I just happen to drop into a game where everyone but me is afk.

It's not hard to get a couple matches at 600 or so, I have one at 608 because my team sucked just enough so that they all died, but left 5 heavily damaged 'mechs for me to kill solo. I broke off to handle a sniper (kept pinging me a little bit and I was tired of it) and by the time I got back my entire team was dead with 6 of them left. If I had managed to kill all 6 the score would likely have been closer to 700.

All that to say if you play enough, this situation will happen several times. It's about getting a team that sucks, but is just good enough to keep the enemy busy while you clean house.

I should note you still have to be pretty good to take advantage of it so it's not entirely random, but it's definitely part random, part skill. Play enough games and the randomness doesn't matter, so the leaderboard will basically be people who are both very good and have shitloads of time to play.

#38 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:00 PM

View PostJman5, on 18 September 2015 - 08:17 AM, said:

The bottom line is just have fun. Play like there isn't an event.

Wouldn't it be easier to just wait until the Event is over and then have fun? :P

#39 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:24 PM

I'll disagree a tiny bit -

It's not about stressing out. It's about pushing yourself to do better. Take it as an opportunity and an excuse to quit saying 'well this is what I've always done' or 'this is as good as I get'.

Set a point for yourself. 'I want to be in the top X'. Re-evaluate how you play, look at how people who are doing better than you play and see if that's something you can do. Winning is fun. Doing better is fun. I refuse to believe that anyone really wants to do poorly all the time because 'it's more fun for them'. I would say it's tempting to quit trying to improve because it's less of a risk; you don't risk failure if you're not raising your standards, right?

You don't ever have to tell anyone else your results but the best competition, the most worthy and rewarding competition, is with yourself. Events like this are a good time to push yourself to be better and do better.

Why settle?

#40 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 07:24 AM

For those who didn't listen, I want to wish you all luck in surpassing this gentleman's score.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users