"we Have Started Suspensions For Those We Find Disconnecting And Or Blow Themselves Up At The Start Of Match"

63 replies to this topic

#1 Sarlic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:12 PM

https://mobile.twitt...064275664953344

More things going to be added:

Btw we are working on an official Disconnect penalty system like you see in LoL etc. Will be a fall 2015 feature

perhaps we will go deeper with non participation detection but players will have the context menu to report afk easily

What do you think about it?

Have you been reporting these players?

I encountered alot of players who said that 'PGI won't do anything about it'.

More important: why do i have to hear this kind of things via Twitter?

Edited by Sarlic, 21 September 2015 - 11:19 PM.

#2 Sagamore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:14 PM

I don't usually report players since I can't be bothered to document and screen shot the infraction. However, I encountered a few repeat offenders this weekend that I did go through the trouble of reporting. When you see the same guy disconnect/suicide 2 or 3 times in a row...

#3 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:17 PM

Obvious, intentional disconnects should be a suspend-able offence. Intentional team kills should be as well. Preferably automatic would be set up where each offence triggers a longer penalty. So, 15 minutes, 2 hours, 1 day, 1 week, 1 month etc.

Unfortunately, many people have sever network problems or crash to desktop, so automatic suspensions would trigger a lot of false positive.

#4 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:18 PM

I reported several when the **** began to start. And when multiple people began to do it per team, I just couldn't be bothered to report them all.

Scumbags, all of them. So what if this wasn't the map they wanted--what about the needs of the 11 other members in your team? Those people you are leaving behind to fend for themselves need points too--some might need to do well in just this map for completion.
Instead these DCers/Suiciders/Out of bounders had sold their dignity for the chance at the tiny amount of virtual rewards.

Edited by El Bandito, 21 September 2015 - 11:28 PM.

#5 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:20 PM

View PostSagamore, on 21 September 2015 - 11:14 PM, said:

I don't usually report players since I can't be bothered to document and screen shot the infraction. However, I encountered a few repeat offenders this weekend that I did go through the trouble of reporting. When you see the same guy disconnect/suicide 2 or 3 times in a row...

The game really needs an in game report button. It would be pretty trivial to implement too

#6 RavenKnight86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 205 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:23 PM

I got like 5 support tickets open now from reporting all the Cisco's. One even suicides and his team was like he suicided, he didn't disco, I'm like still reporting.

#7 Sagamore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:25 PM

View PostTroutmonkey, on 21 September 2015 - 11:20 PM, said:

The game really needs an in game report button. It would be pretty trivial to implement too

Agreed. As it stands, its pretty onerous to report a player and there is potentially no real benefit. Sure, quality of games may go up in the long run but I wonder how many reports are tossed out or given trivial suspensions.

I joked that this event is preparing us for the new wave of Steam players where people disconnect, suicide and charge the enemy team.

#8 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:26 PM

There will be some sort of system. I browsed through Russ his Twitter.

Updated.

Edit: ah i see theres a main thread about it already. But without Twitter sources.
http://mwomercs.com/...-disconnecters/

Edited by Sarlic, 21 September 2015 - 11:29 PM.

#9 Black Ivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:44 PM

The sooner they implement a system the better. Luckily I was out for holidays when the madness began, but even before AFK farmers etc happened and sending screenshots was a time consuming thing. Faster report options will hopefully make people reconsider.

#10 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 22 September 2015 - 12:07 AM

View PostSarlic, on 21 September 2015 - 11:12 PM, said:

https://mobile.twitt...064275664953344

More things going to be added:

What do you think about it?

Have you been reporting these players?

I encountered alot of players who said that 'PGI won't do anything about it'.

I have been reporting them, but only players i've noticed being repeat offenders. I've also been mentioning the dev's intention to punish serial DC'ers at the start of matches.

You'll never be able to catch someone who throws a match if they don't obviously suicide, but it's heartening to know that DC's and AFK's will be looked at. I just hope it's not too draconian for players with legitimate crashes or RL intrusions.

The thing is though, there are lots of ways to game the system, and lots of ways to ruin things for others. For instance, i've seen two separate players in the top 10 sit AFK for an entire match, have their positions called, and then wait for the enemy team to arrive before they started fighting. This lets them clean up already damaged mechs, and in one case, get some surprisingly decent scores. Could they legitimately have been AFK? Possibly. Could they have deliberately used the tactic? Possibly. Still a crap thing to do to the rest of their team though.

Edited by Kiiyor, 22 September 2015 - 12:07 AM.

#11 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 22 September 2015 - 12:21 AM

It's a mixed bag.

something clearly must be done vs people who quit a map because they don't like it or just because they don't like the opponents they see.

On the other side, letting people report, I don't know. Many have dc's when the game crashes at laoding a map. So how does a user differ this correctly? And how does the system? if we get LOL like penalties, I fear many people will get penalties who do not deserve it, and this may cause a lot rage. I hardly ever see people disconnecting intentionally, but a lot who just cras or dc for whatever technical reason. Most return after a while, given their PC is fast enouhg before they get blown up.

#12 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 12:23 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 21 September 2015 - 11:18 PM, said:

Scumbags, all of them. So what if this wasn't the map they wanted--what about the needs of the 11 other members in your team? Those people you are leaving behind to fend for themselves need points too--some might need to do well in just this map for completion.

You are looking at it all wrong, being two mechs short increases the change you hit your mark. Less damage to compete with.

#13 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,993 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 22 September 2015 - 12:23 AM

I wish you would leave that guy alone when he is off work

#14 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 22 September 2015 - 12:27 AM

It doesn't matter either way to me, since I don't get rewarded since I have to end up carrying dead weight.

The "I'm having fun" meme is exactly how I feel.

If I got a portion of the AFK/intentional DCed mech's winnings (or redistribute it, which is fine), then I'd care less.

Edited by Deathlike, 22 September 2015 - 12:28 AM.

#15 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,477 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 22 September 2015 - 12:30 AM

I don't see any excuse for this behaviour, but the problem is that scumbags exist in every crowd.

It's better to design game systems to account for that rather than use rules and penalties.

The tournament was designed in a way that clearly encouraged this behaviour, even if it isn't ok to do it it could have been avoided by designing the event differently.

My point being that improved rules, penalties and reporting tools are good, but properly thought out events and game mechanic are better.

#16 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 22 September 2015 - 12:31 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 22 September 2015 - 12:23 AM, said:

You are looking at it all wrong, being two mechs short increases the change you hit your mark. Less damage to compete with.

More often your team gets rolled with you doing less than 300 damage because of the way this game works.
More teammates = more bullet sponge for you while you dish out damage.

Edited by El Bandito, 22 September 2015 - 12:31 AM.

#17 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 22 September 2015 - 12:32 AM

When it could be clicked from ingame menu , like rightclick on name - report - reason DC, then its usefull. nobody will log into web to report someone - too much steps.

And regarding twitter,...........naaah, wont say it again.

#18 FlipOver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 22 September 2015 - 12:36 AM

View PostSarlic, on 21 September 2015 - 11:12 PM, said:

I agree with the penalties, but regarding to this last sentence...:

"Because Tweeter is the Official Forums in disguise.

A person looking for information won't need to come to the Forums.

Just check Tweeter.

(Damn shame if you ask me)

#19 crashlogic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 318 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 12:39 AM

I think its better to fix the disease than the symptom

#20 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent