227 replies to this topic

#201 PFC Carsten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 30 September 2015 - 11:10 PM

Threshold was ok, calculating Match score from 98% damage alone was not.

For example a guy in a match last night got the following stats which make it easy to deduce:
42 Match Score, 0 Kills, 1 Assist and 76 Damage.

Damage get's you 1/2 it's equivalent in Match Score, an assist gets you 4.

#202 Ian G

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:51 AM

I found this challenge a nice change. It wasn't hard too hard, i got all of my rewards except for the heavies. And that i found interesting, since always everyone was talking about damage. In my Firestarter I found it easier to get the 300 points than in my EBon Jag. In my stormcrow i found it almost to easy, way easier than in my Stalker, Warhawk or Ebon Jag.

But in my SCR i got more scouting, more spotting, more UAV and more assists than in my other mechs. I think, unless someone does all the work (or PGI spills the beans) and gives a real spreadsheet how matchscore is calculated, all we can do is guess. Anyways it makes it much easier to complain.

Thanks for the free C-bills and the free MC PGI. :D

#203 Pragr

• PipPip
  • Major
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:26 AM

I was curious about what you wrote until I found you were playing Firestarter to accomplish the challenge. It's the problem of the game. On one hand PGI tries to remove the meta mechs from the game to get higher diversity but on the other hand they motivate and support players through event like this one, in playing exactly this kind of builds.

This ambivalence is something surprising me all the time.

#204 Mike McSullivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 556 posts
  • LocationHannover, Germany

Posted 01 October 2015 - 05:43 AM

I returned after a longer break with the forelast event. I got the 300 Score in 3(!) matches. I thought, well i have to learn everything again^^. So, i played (call it training) ~ 25 matches during the week and wanted to have fun last weekend with the new event. But nothing changed. From friday till monday i had 6(!) counting games. Six. It was so frustrating that i just started to "level up" my CW3 mechs. Didnt care about the event any more.

So my question is: For whom was this event made?
Progamers? I guess some cbills are allways welcome but...
Beginners? never ever. But those are the guys/girls who have the need of ingame currency.
Im clueless about the idea behind that event, sorry.

#205 John Werner

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 21 posts
  • LocationPaderborn, Germany

Posted 01 October 2015 - 05:57 AM

Good Question Mike.

And for Progamers 50k is not much, cause it makes more Fun to earn 250k-400k per Match with a favorite Mech than playing a forced class which gave 150k + 50k Eventbonus (less Money as with normal playstyle).

Edited by John Werner, 01 October 2015 - 05:58 AM.

#206 VortexD

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 06:07 AM

View PostMike McSullivan, on 01 October 2015 - 05:43 AM, said:

I returned after a longer break with the forelast event. I got the 300 Score in 3(!) matches. I thought, well i have to learn everything again^^. So, i played (call it training) ~ 25 matches during the week and wanted to have fun last weekend with the new event. But nothing changed. From friday till monday i had 6(!) counting games. Six. It was so frustrating that i just started to "level up" my CW3 mechs. Didnt care about the event any more.

So my question is: For whom was this event made?
Progamers? I guess some cbills are allways welcome but...
Beginners? never ever. But those are the guys/girls who have the need of ingame currency.
Im clueless about the idea behind that event, sorry.

Yeah agreed. As a beginner the 300 was a tough one . Only managed it like 10-15 times out of maybe 100 games? I think it would of been much better if it was like 200 or 250....Found the 300 really hard to get in PUGs

#207 Redbird One

Rookie

• Moderate Giver
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 06:35 AM

I can't fathom the scoring system used. I got 3 kills, 5 assists and a 502 damage. Team lost. My score 289. I quit playing the challenge.

#208 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 959 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 01 October 2015 - 06:53 AM

As i already often said:

I play, as ever, and when i win something additional while doing so, i enjoy it.

greetings

el piro

#209 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,686 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:05 AM

Did anyone get their event reward of C-bills and MC?

#210 KodiakGW

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:30 AM

View PostIG 88, on 29 September 2015 - 07:13 AM, said:

*snip*

I like your idea. But, it does give the suicide runners and disconnect puppies rewards. Something more along the lines of

IF Player W = Match Score X (something above suicide rush level)
AND Team Average Match Score = Y (something to compensate for a few disconnects and poor players)
THEN CBill Reward = Z

This way the suicide rushers won't get anything. The disconnected players won't get anything. Especially the greedy SOBs who sit in the back and let their team die, so they can get their 300 Match Score killing cored mechs, won't get anything if the average match score is not met. People would be more inclined to stick with the team and make sure they don't melt.

Problem is, I don't think they have the programming staff to accomplish this. I think they have a preset program that they just change the numbers in. Something along the lines of (but actual program may be much more complex):

IF Player W = Match Score X
THEN CBill Reward = Z

I stayed away mostly as protest, only playing a few games to warm up for NBT drops Monday and Tuesday. But, from the sounds of it, there was a lot of shady actions in order to get 300 match. Plus, the meta, nothing but meta.

Should enjoy some games tonight with friends now that event is over

View PostPragr, on 01 October 2015 - 04:26 AM, said:

On one hand PGI tries to remove the meta mechs from the game to get higher diversity but on the other hand they motivate and support players through event like this one, in playing exactly this kind of builds.

Agree completely.

#211 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 01 October 2015 - 09:08 AM

View PostRedbird One, on 01 October 2015 - 06:35 AM, said:

I can't fathom the scoring system used. I got 3 kills, 5 assists and a 502 damage. Team lost. My score 289. I quit playing the challenge.

DMG/2
Kill × 6
Assist × 4

(Too) Heavily weighted towards damage dealt.

Edited by PFC Carsten, 01 October 2015 - 09:09 AM.

#212 Veev

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 251 posts
  • LocationWhere ever I am

Posted 01 October 2015 - 09:28 AM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 01 October 2015 - 09:08 AM, said:

DMG/2
Kill × 6
Assist × 4

(Too) Heavily weighted towards damage dealt.

Actually there might have been a few spotting assists and the like, I also think they are tinkering with weight class being a determining factor on match score.

I think PGI's problem with these events is that they do not seem to have anyone that can safely extrapolate much of anything so they use horrible events to try and figure out where to put the numbers.

#213 Master Pain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 253 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:12 AM

When are the cbills and mc supposed to be distributed?

#214 R1CK D0M

• PipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:05 PM

Yeah I haven't gotten mine either

#215 Pragr

• PipPip
  • Major
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:12 PM

No need to panic:

Event Rewards will be injected by October 2nd at 7:00 PM PDT (October 3rd at 2:00 AM UTC)

Edited by Pragr, 01 October 2015 - 10:12 PM.

#216 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 02 October 2015 - 02:20 PM

3/10 in europe, still no reward. my gooooooooooooooooooooooood.

#217 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:14 PM

Hey all,

Rewards will be injected today at approximately 7PM PDT (October 3rd at 2:00 AM UTC).

#218 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,686 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:27 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 02 October 2015 - 05:14 PM, said:

Hey all,

Rewards will be injected today at approximately 7PM PDT (October 3rd at 2:00 AM UTC).

I was thinking you guys forgot about us lowly serfs of the Meta Builds. lol Thank you for letting us, Sr. Garden.

#219 HeavyGun

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 06:23 PM

Well its 7:23pm on 10-2-15 and still no rewards

#220 HeavyGun

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 06:41 PM

Well 7:39 on 10-2-15 PDT just got my c-bills finally, but did not get the MC I earned from buying the Marauder Collector pack and BH pack last sunday the 27th

25 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 25 guests, 0 anonymous users