• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 14 October 2015 - 03:03 PM

View PostTitannium, on 14 October 2015 - 02:41 PM, said:

extremely ugly upgrade. original is 200% better. BTW, same for orion. absolutely same.

I'm okay with the Orion, there's no odd protruding parts or odd geometry, but yeah, Orion IIC's significantly different...

But, if it changes hitboxes I'm okay with that, goodness knows the Orion has giant torso hitboxes and low-slung arms to accommodate it's weakness.

#42 juxstapo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts
  • Locationmy Tier is bigger than yours.

Posted 14 October 2015 - 03:08 PM

Phhwheell, it ought to tank. Seriously, hitting those side torsi is going to be a trick.

Kinda feel like it wants to have "Tyco" stamped on it somewhere.
Still gonna run the mess out of it, just a smidge "ehh" on the aesthetics.

#43 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 14 October 2015 - 03:11 PM

Regarding IIC mechs, I just bought the Hunchie pack. Jenner won't be game-breaking for me, but the Hunchback IIC has always been a favorite of mine and I needs it. Making it purple, white and lime green will need to be a thing, as a salute to the terribad old cartoon.

#44 Star General Tso Kerensky

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 03:38 PM

Posted Image

#45 Ionna Silver

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 04:14 PM

As blocky as those shoulders may look aesthetically, it could provide a gameplay advantage in better shield arms.

#46 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 14 October 2015 - 04:41 PM

The side torsos look tiny already. But still, torso twisting like a fiend may buy you some valuable time. This thing could easily become a pulse laser boat with nothing in the arms but some ablative hit points.

#47 Damocles

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 14 October 2015 - 04:51 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 14 October 2015 - 11:48 AM, said:

Somewhat makes sense, since i'm pretty sure both of them are Davion designs (at least as far as i recall)

Not a fedsun 'mech.

View PostEd Steele, on 14 October 2015 - 02:31 PM, said:

Another nice Federated Suns mech!

Not a FedSun 'mech.

TharHes and Arc-Royal people. Its Lyran.

And it is ******** ugly with those legos.

#48 ANGRY Ike

• Pip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 05:17 PM

Disappointed in the transition from concept art to real game render. Proportions are off, head sucks, shoulders and upper for arms seem way to square and blocky compared to concept.

This, the Enforcer (especially the head) and the Black Knight are all poorly translated from concept to reality, I think. The Right arm is fat and ugly, like it's wearing a damned hand **** instead of the thin, sleek right arm in the concept.

Had I not bought the Mauler pack, I would not be purchasing the Wolfhound individually.

Edit: M u f f is not a swearing, PGI. It's a hand warmer. Thanks for using moronic word filtering for non-curse words.
Posted Image

Edited by ANGRY Ike, 14 October 2015 - 05:20 PM.

#49 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 05:20 PM

The real question about the model is whether the fangs show up on the IR camera, as they are described in the novels.

#50 Damocles

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 14 October 2015 - 05:29 PM

View PostGI Journalist, on 14 October 2015 - 05:20 PM, said:

The real question about the model is whether the fangs show up on the IR camera, as they are described in the novels.

pretty sure thats just Grinner as Phelan had it custom painted for that purpose.

#51 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 690 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 14 October 2015 - 06:00 PM

I know quirks are going to poof but please please let this mech have some good ones for now. It's a light mech that can't jump. It needs some good laser quirks.

#52 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 07:15 PM

When the badge looks better then the mech..............................You might have a problem!
So glad i didn't spend money on this. Far cry from the design art.

#53 Mr Chaos

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 07:37 PM

Amazing! looks like 4 months really paid off. Only prob is it says I dont have the pre rewards and i hope they fix that.

#54 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 07:44 PM

Looks ugly... Looks effective... Perfect IS bot.

I may actually enjoy this one. OMG I just realized that I've been a light pilot through most of MWO, even though for years I've considered myself a heavy in all the previous MW games. (Maybe it has something to do with the queue for lights only being a few %...

#55 Domoneky

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 14 October 2015 - 07:49 PM

Posted Image

#56 Pezzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 616 posts
  • LocationBristol, Tennessee

Posted 14 October 2015 - 07:52 PM

View PostSuperiorRobutts, on 14 October 2015 - 01:17 PM, said:

not digging the 3d rendering, proportion wise
made some edits

Posted Image

I think they were stretched thin when it comes to polygons, it's the only thing that makes sense.

The lack of depth in the knee-thigh region (you can see an obvious angled edge leading to a deep gap and more detail in the art), the lowered detail in the shoulders and especially that god-awful chest, the head foremost...

It's like they were....

RUSHED BY A DEADLINE...

Or something.

Either way, the render is noticeably worse in all of the most important areas. The Black Knight was plain, but it could sort-of get away with it. This light, on the other hand, simply can't imo. Either they were too ambitious in accepting the art design w/o requesting a lower-detail version (where the artist could potentially alter the overall shape to make it look better with less gaps/shapes) or the render team messed up. Based on the level of detail on other Lights, I think they just jumped the gun after seeing this awesome art. They needed Alex to step it down and streamline the Mech. I wish we could see an update to the render later on, but unfortunately these things are pretty much permanent :(

#57 Moebius Pi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 211 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 07:53 PM

And the ugliest mech in the game award goes to... the Wolfhound.

It reminds me of the trial TV-head mech from Hawken, with a tinier CRT for the head. Way too blocky, to the point it looks like some of the worst Battletech art (you know the one's I'm talking about, the pics that look like a child made them?) translated directly into a model. The concept art seemed promising; the results are atrocious.

Not impressed. I'd be embarrassed piloting it from an aesthetics standpoint. It's like a Centurion had a stillborn, dwarfed child out of a brick shaped birthing vent.

#58 Bolter01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bite
  • The Bite
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAU

Posted 14 October 2015 - 09:45 PM

A real shame. The art looked quite sexy. Even if they were able to replicate the head, with the sleak lines, it might be alright.
As it stands, I too, am disappointed, really is a terrible looking mech. Like a drawing by a 6 year old. I'm not quite sure what they are going for here?
Is it really rushed or poly count?

In battle, it could be quite another story B)

#59 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 14 October 2015 - 09:48 PM

View PostDamocles, on 14 October 2015 - 04:51 PM, said:

Not a FedSun 'mech.

TharHes and Arc-Royal people. Its Lyran.

And it is ******** ugly with those legos.

As far as i recall, even though it was made by the Lyrans, it was made in partnership with the Federated Suns.
If anything, it's both Lyran and Fedsun design (just like the Hatchetman, which even though was first made by the Steiners, it was designed by the FedSun)

#60 DarkHarlequin

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 09:51 PM

and perhaps Phelans clan rebuild for a clan hero mech??

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users