100 replies to this topic

#101 Inglix

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 09:05 PM

View PostSkippyT72, on 12 December 2015 - 06:48 PM, said:

I'm sure you will hear this and its true to a point of if every mech can mount it then MWO loses some of it's "Flavor", that said there are enough ECM mechs that the range reduction is a nice balance to that the range on it was.

Okay, let me put it to you this way: indirect LRM spam turns new players off. Since I doubt they're going to implement indirect fire (non-los lock) vs. tag / narc vs. direct fire anytime soon the only defense on more "open" maps is ECM. Now I'm all for changing ECM, but not in the way most people think.

ECM is a blob on the scope. A fair sized blob so you won't know exactly where, but you'll know he's there in that moving circle on the battlegrid/minimap. ECM is not stealth. The Null Sugnature System (NSS) is stealth. ECM blocks locking within a certain area. NSS blocks locking on a particular mech, but only at range like a stealth aircraft. Close enough, it's going to light up like any other mech, except it locks just a little slower. ECM is electronic warfare, within that circle you're cutoff, no sharing data. Counter-ECM cuts through the blob at the cost of lighting yourself up.

That's a very basic overview.

Here: http://mwomercs.com/...ost-ideas-here/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users