48 replies to this topic

#21 Spr1ggan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,162 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 October 2015 - 02:24 PM

Didn't they say they were gonna have weapons from different manufacturers years ago?

Still not in game.

#22 AlphaToaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 October 2015 - 02:28 PM

Sounds like something that would work.

How about adding decals to our mechs like nascar sponsorship deals? Grants % bonus per sponsor?

Posted Image

#23 1Grimbane

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,123 posts
  • Locationsafe. . . . . you'll never get me in my hidey hole.

Posted 16 October 2015 - 02:40 PM

for immersion sake i'm down for this, bring the battletech lingo to the front in all things, equipment not just weapons

#24 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 October 2015 - 05:01 PM

View PostFupDup, on 16 October 2015 - 09:03 AM, said:

I was about to say that it would be a clusterfudge to balance, but then I saw that these special weapons only provided convenience instead of altering combat performance. As my only complaint has been preemptively shot-down by flak cannons, I have no choice but to support this endeavor.

It also helps to jumpstart the Paulconomy, which is something that needs to happen in and of itself.

Imagine taking out your Misery (etc) equipped with Cbill boosting weapons?

#25 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 16 October 2015 - 06:14 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 16 October 2015 - 09:01 AM, said:

Do you like this idea? How much of a bonus should weapons give? How much should they go for?

Remember, there is no P2Win here. All weapons do the same DMG, etc, as normal weapons.

I'll take the Doombud LRM5/10/15 with 5% C-Bill bonus, for 300MC each. B)

Edited by El Bandito, 16 October 2015 - 06:17 PM.

#26 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 October 2015 - 05:39 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 16 October 2015 - 06:14 PM, said:

I'll take the Doombud LRM5/10/15 with 5% C-Bill bonus, for 300MC each. B)

This is a good example of why these weapons should go for 300ish mc. How many ppl would buy enough special weapons to fully kit out there favorite mech/mechs?

#27 Saint Scarlett Johan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 17 October 2015 - 06:14 AM

I'd be down for this if they were around the 300mc range for like a 5-10% boost. Put a set of them on my favorite hero, (P), ®, (I), or (L) mech combined with my premium time and watch Da Monay roll in.

#28 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 October 2015 - 07:22 AM

View PostFupDup, on 16 October 2015 - 09:03 AM, said:

I was about to say that it would be a clusterfudge to balance, but then I saw that these special weapons only provided convenience instead of altering combat performance. As my only complaint has been preemptively shot-down by flak cannons, I have no choice but to support this endeavor.

It also helps to jumpstart the Paulconomy, which is something that needs to happen in and of itself.

If there was a way to massively bump their Cbill income, I would expect PGI to lower rewards. Imagine a Cbill boosting Nova with Premium Time and 16 Cbill boosting weapons.

#29 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 October 2015 - 07:31 AM

View PostDavers, on 17 October 2015 - 07:22 AM, said:

If there was a way to massively bump their Cbill income, I would expect PGI to lower rewards. Imagine a Cbill boosting Nova with Premium Time and 16 Cbill boosting weapons.

Perhaps there would be a limit to how much of a boost you can get. Or charge more than 300 mc. Maybe 600-1000 range?

#30 Mothykins

• Talon
  • Talon
  • 1,125 posts
  • Locationilikerice is my hero.

Posted 17 October 2015 - 07:41 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 17 October 2015 - 07:31 AM, said:

Perhaps there would be a limit to how much of a boost you can get. Or charge more than 300 mc. Maybe 600-1000 range?
haha, no.

That's around $5 a weapon on the high end.

#31 -Vompo-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 532 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 17 October 2015 - 08:17 AM

No to premium weapons.

Instead this... When you build you mech and you give it a ppc for example. The game asks you which ppc you want?
Different manufacturers would have slightly different characteristics. One might have slightly longer range but more heat. One might have decreased range but slower cooldown and standard heat etc.
Not massive differences between the manufacturers but something to give a bit extra flavour to the weapons.
You can even have this with engines. One runs a bit cooler but doesn't accelerate as fast etc.

#32 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 17 October 2015 - 08:32 AM

View PostDavers, on 17 October 2015 - 07:22 AM, said:

If a player ponies up real-life money for MC, they should damn well be rewarded for doing so. The whole idea of paying real life money and STILL having to grind in spite of paying is a crime against humanity. If I pay up, I should get content significantly faster.

#33 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 October 2015 - 10:12 AM

View PostVompoVompatti, on 17 October 2015 - 08:17 AM, said:

No to premium weapons.

Instead this... When you build you mech and you give it a ppc for example. The game asks you which ppc you want?
Different manufacturers would have slightly different characteristics. One might have slightly longer range but more heat. One might have decreased range but slower cooldown and standard heat etc.
Not massive differences between the manufacturers but something to give a bit extra flavour to the weapons.
You can even have this with engines. One runs a bit cooler but doesn't accelerate as fast etc.

We already have balance issues. As much as I'd like to have what you suggest it's just not gonna happen.

#34 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 October 2015 - 02:16 PM

View PostFupDup, on 17 October 2015 - 08:32 AM, said:

If a player ponies up real-life money for MC, they should damn well be rewarded for doing so. The whole idea of paying real life money and STILL having to grind in spite of paying is a crime against humanity. If I pay up, I should get content significantly faster.

This is a good point. If each cbill boosting weapon cost $1 that'd be $16 to fully deck out a Nova, almost like buying a hero mech.

#35 SkyHammyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 462 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 02:34 PM

I'm pretty sure I've seen this touched on to one degree or another. This version was introduced to me by Elizander.

The idea is that Pgi offer weapons that give bonuses to XP/Loyalty/Cbills, etc. None of these weapons should have better or different stats than what we have now.

Remember, there is no P2Win here. All weapons do the same DMG, etc, as normal weapons.

Intriguing idea.
I voted yes as it would add flavor and can, potentially, shore up inadequacies with the present economy.

#36 zortesh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 624 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 02:38 PM

View PostAlphaToaster, on 16 October 2015 - 02:28 PM, said:

Sounds like something that would work.

How about adding decals to our mechs like nascar sponsorship deals? Grants % bonus per sponsor?

Posted Image

I can just imagine a lance of thunderbolts coated in adverts for wubs intersteallar, pulse lasers inc, and laserlight technology's.

More seriously.

I imagine they could make alot of money just selling weapons with different coloured beams or effects, thou you could argue thats an unfair advantage as if you have all your lasers random different colours your opponents wouldn't be able to tell what you're shooting them with.

I can imagine people paying for like red or purple ppc blasts... or to turn there lazor spewing mech into a rainbow spewing mech.

#37 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 17 October 2015 - 02:41 PM

I'm pretty sure I've seen this touched on to one degree or another. This version was introduced to me by Elizander.

The idea is that Pgi offer weapons that give bonuses to XP/Loyalty/Cbills, etc. None of these weapons should have better or different stats than what we have now.

Here's an example, we could buy:
- Magna Hellstar PPC +3% cbills
- Donal PPC +3% loyalty
- Kingfisher PPC +3% XP

*Numbers are placeholders
*PPCs are an example, all weapons would have special variants

These weapons could even be offered in varying qualities. The higher quality weapons could have 2-3 or more of these bonuses. Weapon quality would be color designated.

Another thing is ppl would see your special weapons when they target you. They wouldn't appear as regular weapons.

The price of these weapons would depend on the quality & how much of a cbill/XP/loyalty buff they give. I'm thinking they'd go in the 300-1000 MC range.

Here's a thread & poll with a copy of Elizander's explanation of the idea. http://mwomercs.com/...pecial-weapons/

Extra idea, special weapons get different sounds then normal weapons.

Do you like this idea? How much of a bonus should weapons give? How much should they go for?

The reason the cred bonus and exp bonus mechs works is because if a player is piloting a famous mech then it stands to reason he could be paid more per match, or even learn better because of refined systems in the mech.

I dont like this topic alot less because its harder to think that a single mech installed weapon could make such a difference. Although it isnt completely unreasonable.

#38 Fiona Marshe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 756 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 October 2015 - 03:55 PM

This was part of R&R and CW reward system when originally plan.

Since the scrubs whined so much that R&R was removed, it will be a long time before it reemerges.

#39 Kdogg788

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 04:48 PM

I'd say no to premium weapons. Mainly because it pretty much invalidates the entire Champion/Hero mech system. All you need to do is purchase a few premium upgrades and instantly make any mech a cbill bonus mech. Weapons as we all know are freely interchangeable among mechs you own. Just buy the premium weapons and pull them to put on other mechs when needed. Although an interesting concept, it is too prone to abuse and eventually could lose PGI money.

-k

#40 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 October 2015 - 05:01 PM

View PostKdogg788, on 17 October 2015 - 04:48 PM, said:

I'd say no to premium weapons. Mainly because it pretty much invalidates the entire Champion/Hero mech system. All you need to do is purchase a few premium upgrades and instantly make any mech a cbill bonus mech. Weapons as we all know are freely interchangeable among mechs you own. Just buy the premium weapons and pull them to put on other mechs when needed. Although an interesting concept, it is too prone to abuse and eventually could lose PGI money.

-k

I disagree. It would make them stronger because the buffs could stack. 30% + 10% extra cbills? Yes plz!

If I run my Misery with all cbill boosting weapons, that'd be pretty awesome.

Also, hero mechs are also valuable for there (generally) unique hard points.

Edited by TheArisen, 17 October 2015 - 05:04 PM.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users