136 replies to this topic

#121 PAINLESS 42

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 10:26 AM

View PostAppogee, on 21 October 2015 - 10:18 AM, said:

Denying your opponent additional CBills, while denying yourself and your teammates of any possibility of an additional kill and CBills ... for no reason other than to pad your meaningless stats.

I'm glad that I - and many other players - are not that selfish.

But where are you going to get more c-bills? the last spider or raven playing hide and seek with the enemy for 5 minutes, or the match ending and you dropping again 5 minutes earlier? If the aforementioned last mech was Sgt. York and racking up mad damage, you probably wouldn't be an 11-4 or whatever situation in the first place. I'd focus less on the c-bills per match and more on c-bills per hour.

#122 maniacos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 777 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 10:31 AM

View PostKamies, on 21 October 2015 - 08:58 AM, said:

People actually cry about not being able to do stupid things without being reported? You silly sods...

Yes, as long as it doesn't hurt someone, I want anyone have the right to do stupid things on their own whim. That's called freedom.

#123 Mazzyplz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 10:33 AM

View PostPAINLESS 42, on 21 October 2015 - 10:14 AM, said:

I'm not sure I see the big deal is on OOB. 99% of the time it's a damaged light after the rest of the team has been killed. Personally, I'm all about blaze of glory but, quite frankly, as a spectator I love it when people OOB, because it ends the match and I get to see my results. I'd much rather you OOB than power down for 7 minutes while we all sit around. so OOBers, I salute you!

except powering down for minutes would be going AFK and that's also punishable

#124 GRiPSViGiL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 21 October 2015 - 10:33 AM

Oh man PGI is hilarious. Such incompetence at what they put of importance in terms of game design for MWO.

#125 PAINLESS 42

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 10:51 AM

View PostMazzyplz, on 21 October 2015 - 10:33 AM, said:

except powering down for minutes would be going AFK and that's also punishable

which is fine, but report the power-downs, and let the OOB folks be. It's a quick and efficient way to end the game which has little to no negative impact on the team.

#126 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 21 October 2015 - 11:09 AM

View PostPAINLESS 42, on 21 October 2015 - 10:26 AM, said:

But where are you going to get more c-bills?
Many, many times I have been the last player standing. But I dont run away or hide or waste everyone's time, or run out of bounds. I cycle through targets to find a damaged enemy, and I shoot them.

Mostly, I just get shot and killed. At least our opponents get some more of PGI's CBills. But sometimes I manage to kill them. And when I do, every single player on my team who shot that enemy gets additional CBills and XP.

In this way, I neither waste others' time, nor do I selfishly deny other players free CBills.

#127 Kamies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 234 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 11:16 AM

View PostFlipOver, on 20 October 2015 - 03:42 AM, said:

Yes, the guy suicided and did so with his middle finger pointed up. Suck it up and move on.

This tendency to cater to the need of greedy pilots just doesn't feel right to me.

View PostAlistair Winter, on 20 October 2015 - 04:05 AM, said:

The idea of forcing every player to die in combat is just dumb and makes MWO feel even more like a deathmatch arena shooter....
....Can we stop trying to imitate Unreal Tournament? We're already one step away from adding the "M-M-M-Multikill!" and "Killing spree!" sound effects.

View PostJherek C, on 21 October 2015 - 10:31 AM, said:

Yes, as long as it doesn't hurt someone, I want anyone have the right to do stupid things on their own whim. That's called freedom.

I see people who can't handle being killed fair and square (you know: LOSE) now and then and blame everything else but themselfs. You silly sods.

#128 PAINLESS 42

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 11:37 AM

View PostAppogee, on 21 October 2015 - 11:09 AM, said:

Many, many times I have been the last player standing. But I dont run away or hide or waste everyone's time, or run out of bounds. I cycle through targets to find a damaged enemy, and I shoot them.

Mostly, I just get shot and killed. At least our opponents get some more of PGI's CBills. But sometimes I manage to kill them. And when I do, every single player on my team who shot that enemy gets additional CBills and XP.

In this way, I neither waste others' time, nor do I selfishly deny other players free CBills.

And that is awesome, and is my tactic as well. I guess my point is that everyone is so focused on OOB, but OOB really isn't any worse than shutting down, or running around the map playing hide and seek while landing landing 20 points of ERLL pot shots over 5 minutes. In fact it's probably better, because it frees everyone up to drop again. that's why I think this fixation on OOB is a little over the top. I just don't see it as being a problem. this whole thread is basically "We should punish people for going OOB, they need to die in a blaze of glory, so long as they don't overheat while doing it, thats a suicide and we can't have that either" it all just seems to be a lot of nerd rage over nothing. You've lost 11 mechs at this point, it's over, deal with it.

#129 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 21 October 2015 - 11:46 AM

View PostKamies, on 21 October 2015 - 11:16 AM, said:

I see people who can't handle being killed fair and square (you know: LOSE) now and then and blame everything else but themselfs. You silly sods.

Well... if we're going to stoop to the lowest level of internet aggression:

You spelled "themselves" wrong.

I win.

#130 Felio

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 12:11 PM

The real question is: Can I get reported for piloting my loyalty Nova with 14 flamers?

I mean, it's not like I expect to contribute. It's mostly just to indirectly get back at Russ.

#131 CorranHorn

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 12:18 PM

I see this as, I have not been reported before for my actions on the MWo battlefield (to my knowledge at least) so I do not have to worry about it. I have rarely reported anyone before (racial slurs/names, intentional team killing for no reason), so unless I see some really bad things I will keep the same policy and this will neither be a benefit or a detriment to myself and my play style.

#132 Hydrocarbon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 659 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 01:51 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 20 October 2015 - 04:05 AM, said:

The idea of forcing every player to die in combat is just dumb

NO RULES HAVE CHANGED. Jesus, change the way people can report stuff and tinfoil'ers think the world has been flipped upside down.

IT IS SIMPLE. If you run out of bounds BEFORE you're the last one left, that's griefing your team. If you JJ off the top of Alpine several times to leg yourself before you're the last one left, that's griefing your team. Faceplanting your armor-stripped Spider into the enemy team in teh first minute, that's griefing your team. Accidentally running OoB on Grim Portico, that's PGI griefing your team. If you overheat yourself in a pitched battle to get one more hit, knowing you'd die if you hold a shot or while shut down, that is NOT griefing your team.

PGI will likely review cases where someone has a severely high average of suicides, review the logs, then take appropriate action. If that action includes notifying terribads that they need to review their play style, I'm okay with that.

I can say I overheat/kill my mech far above the average, and not once has PGI sent me hatemail. I can also say I've managed a few % more DMG and kills/assists by going balls-deep at the end of a match. IDGAF about my K/D, I care about doing the most DMG/Kills/Assists as possible even if it kills me.

#133 Zordicron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 02:46 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 20 October 2015 - 08:33 PM, said:

yeah, **** lore we dont need it

In no place anywhere in my post did I say we do not need, OR I do not want to have lore based things to accomodate logistics etc that would validate a retreat tactic. What I did post, was numerous rebuttles about how we DO NOT HAVE ANY. That's it.

We do not have any. Yes, I would like some. WE DO NOT HAVE ANY.

You can;t be mad at me about this situation. I do not write the game. Go start a thread about how logistical game play would improve MWO.

Because we do not have any, running OOB and suiciding is seen as griefing the enemy team, by the enemy team, and apparently by the developers. That's it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users