Tasty Cheetos Everywhere!

63 replies to this topic

#21 Screech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 06:15 AM

Streakboats are an approved substitute for aim with PGI.

#22 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 23 October 2015 - 06:26 AM

View PostMcchuggernaut, on 22 October 2015 - 04:16 PM, said:

In response to the absolutely obnoxious amount of Arctic Cheaters, Wolfhounds, and Crabs flooding matches recently, I decided to do everyone who isn't piloting them a favor and run nothing but streak boats today. I have been having an EPIC amount of fun, and have caused quite a few rage quits. I may not be the most effective player on the team at killing anything else, but keeping the pests off my teammates helps a lot and is appreciated. I have made the best of this annoying situation and turned it into a feast of carnage and merry trolling. I strongly encourage anyone who is sick of being harassed by these same annoying mechs for match after match to start dropping in a streak boat and taking advantage of this bounty before they nerf the Cheater.

Have fun!

I see why the ECM and Cheetas annoy you. But Wolfhounds and Crabs?

Also you are coming here and are gloating about using an idiotic Streakcrow versus unmastered lights...well, I do not want to get an infraction but let me put it this way: it says very much about your character

Edited by Bush Hopper, 23 October 2015 - 06:29 AM.

#23 Mcchuggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 838 posts
  • LocationYour core

Posted 23 October 2015 - 07:30 AM

View PostBush Hopper, on 23 October 2015 - 06:26 AM, said:

I see why the ECM and Cheetas annoy you. But Wolfhounds and Crabs?

Also you are coming here and are gloating about using an idiotic Streakcrow versus unmastered lights...well, I do not want to get an infraction but let me put it this way: it says very much about your character

Sounds like you met a streakboat in your Cheater recently...

Anyway, the Wolfhounds and Crabs aren't really much of a threat or annoyance, there are just a lot of them right now and they are easy meat for streaks. What would you have me do? Jump on the bandwagon and abuse an OP mech until it gets nerfed and help turn this into Cheater Warrior Online? Do nothing and get wrecked match after match and feed the ego of people who think they are badass elite MWO players just because their new mech is easymode? Or turn the tables, enjoy myself, and take a dump right back on the people pooping on everyone else? I choose option 3.

Edited by Mcchuggernaut, 23 October 2015 - 07:30 AM.

#24 Mcchuggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 838 posts
  • LocationYour core

Posted 23 October 2015 - 07:37 AM

View PostPaigan, on 23 October 2015 - 04:44 AM, said:

I don't see where that Summoner is better in any way than this.

An extra rack of streak sixes is the difference between two-shotting a fresh Cheater or one-shotting a damaged one, or just rattling their cockpit, knocking off an arm, and scaring one off.

Edited by Mcchuggernaut, 23 October 2015 - 08:07 AM.

#25 Zypher

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 418 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 07:42 AM

I don't find my ACH anymore OP than my Raven, dies just as easily, with the exception of losing a torso, but most experience players go for lights legs anyhow.

Experience lights players pick targets apart, playing peekaboo with assaults, and constantly switching firing positions, then go for kills later in the game on compromised targets.

Experienced light players either stick around heavier friendlies or far out of range of SSRM.

SSTREAK boating is a detriment to good groups, you won't fight this in higher level tiers, sure it makes work of crap pug lights that want to face hug and tank with mechs more than twice their weight.

One big misconception about ACH, it hit boxes are no worse than the wolfhounds, or any other lights for that matter. Really most of the lights issues are not hitboxes but the crappy nature of MWO, lights, and fast moving targets, things just don't register.

I have never had issues killing ACH over any other light as well as the other way around. They die like everything else in their weight class does.

I have died 0 times in this game from streaks since they changed their grouping.

Edited by Zypher, 23 October 2015 - 07:44 AM.

#26 Mcchuggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 838 posts
  • LocationYour core

Posted 23 October 2015 - 08:05 AM

View PostZypher, on 23 October 2015 - 07:42 AM, said:

I have died 0 times in this game from streaks since they changed their grouping.

Then you, sir, are doing it right, but a single Cheetah isn't really the problem. Most people can fight one of them off if they aren't already heavily damaged. It's the swarms of them. Fight more than one and you will lose no matter what you are piloting simply because one of them will be wrecking your back armor while you are shooting at the other. Only the streak boat has a chance of at least killing one of them before getting taken down even if swarmed. In a perfect world, all the mechs would stay together and guard each other so they couldn't be picked off one by one by a group of lights. This isn't a perfect world. I know that every light I take down helps my team fight without being harassed or ganked from behind, and increases our chances of winning. I think of it as a valuable service, like being the local exterminator.

#27 Mcchuggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 838 posts
  • LocationYour core

Posted 23 October 2015 - 08:21 AM

View PostBush Hopper, on 23 October 2015 - 06:26 AM, said:

Oh, I caught you Mr. Hopper! Getting on my case about streaking Cheatos and then posting this in another thread:

http://mwomercs.com/...-cheetah-today/

View PostBush Hopper, on 23 October 2015 - 07:19 AM, said:

...I took the opportunity for some testing and aimed for the ST. And wow, despite I clearly the centert of the ST the arm took the damage. Other side the same.

No surprise this mech is so insanely durable with a clan XL. My Wolfies and Ravens feel so fragile compared to it.

Has anyone done some testing of the hitboxes? It seems to be off quite a bit

Claiming the Cheetah has broken hitboxes and then chastising me for using streaks to kill them... Someone just hates the idea of people starting to use builds specifically designed to counter you new favorite mech. For shame! :angry:

Edited by Mcchuggernaut, 23 October 2015 - 08:32 AM.

#28 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 08:34 AM

View PostMcchuggernaut, on 23 October 2015 - 07:30 AM, said:

Sounds like you met a streakboat in your Cheater recently...

Wrong. I play my Wolfies. And people like you are just disgusting because you rely on crutches whenever possible. There is a reason why the light queue is so short. And people like you contribute to it.

And how do you "catch me"? I pretty much blew up your theory. And I have said for a long time: the hitboxes of the FS and ACH are borked

Edited by Bush Hopper, 23 October 2015 - 08:36 AM.

#29 Mcchuggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 838 posts
  • LocationYour core

Posted 23 October 2015 - 08:50 AM

View PostBush Hopper, on 23 October 2015 - 08:34 AM, said:

Wrong. I play my Wolfies. And people like you are just disgusting because you rely on crutches whenever possible. There is a reason why the light queue is so short. And people like you contribute to it.

And how do you "catch me"? I pretty much blew up your theory. And I have said for a long time: the hitboxes of the FS and ACH are borked

Ok, so you got streaked in your Wolfhound.

Are you blind? Delusional? Getting on my case for using something to counter what you personally call a broken mech that has an unfair advantage...really?

Have you looked at the light queue lately? Go on, hover your cursor over the "PLAY NOW" button in-game. Right now light numbers are matching or exceeding ALL OTHER MECH TYPES. I wonder why...? And you get on MY case for doing something about it instead of joining in or bending over and taking it? Call me someone who uses a crutch whenever possible and attack my character? You are unbelievable.

#30 Priest4357

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 130 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 23 October 2015 - 09:04 AM

View PostMcchuggernaut, on 23 October 2015 - 08:05 AM, said:

Then you, sir, are doing it right, but a single Cheetah isn't really the problem. Most people can fight one of them off if they aren't already heavily damaged. It's the swarms of them. Fight more than one and you will lose no matter what you are piloting simply because one of them will be wrecking your back armor while you are shooting at the other.

You realize that you are talking about any 2 good light mech pilots right? This is the same that came up from the "Invincible Spider", The Jenner Swarm, and any other light mech that has ECM.

Personally, I have been piloting mine for a while, and I enjoy light mechs. My ECM covers my Assualts, and Heavy mechs for the first 4-6 minutes of a match, depending on total LRM's for the enemy team. Then I go hunting, and causing panic.

Welcome to the introduction of the latest light mech with ECM. Won't be the last.

#31 Mcchuggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 838 posts
  • LocationYour core

Posted 23 October 2015 - 09:19 AM

View PostAnuerysm, on 23 October 2015 - 09:04 AM, said:

You realize that you are talking about any 2 good light mech pilots right? This is the same that came up from the "Invincible Spider", The Jenner Swarm, and any other light mech that has ECM.

Well, yeah your absolutely right. But they fixed the Spider and now you can reliably hit it. And what do you know, it's still a good mech and a good light pilot can be really nasty with one, but you no longer see whole lances of Spiders like you once did because it's not new and OP any more. Generally when you see swarms of the same mechs every match that tells you that something either just released or it's better than it should be. Or both. I'm sure in time the Cheetah will be tweaked and balanced, but until then I shall pack streaks and keep a wary eye out.

#32 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 10:37 AM

View PostMcchuggernaut, on 23 October 2015 - 08:50 AM, said:

Ok, so you got streaked in your Wolfhound.

Are you blind? Delusional? Getting on my case for using something to counter what you personally call a broken mech that has an unfair advantage...really?

Have you looked at the light queue lately? Go on, hover your cursor over the "PLAY NOW" button in-game. Right now light numbers are matching or exceeding ALL OTHER MECH TYPES. I wonder why...? And you get on MY case for doing something about it instead of joining in or bending over and taking it? Call me someone who uses a crutch whenever possible and attack my character? You are unbelievable.

First you are gloating how you show it the light mechs (and mechs like the Crab) - NOT - just the ACH. Then you say "But it is fair to use a streakcrow because of the ACH". Thanks, you prove that you look for excuses to run something as dumb as a streakcrow. By the way, this is also called hypocrisy

As for numbers: you argue NOW with those numbers? After 1 light was released and another 1 of the most anticipated got available for CBs. Seriously? Before the queue was often at frikkin 4%. And even now the heavy queue is still higher. You are getting desperate.

As for the OP Cheetah...once more: it is sick, as is the FS. However, this doesn't make you a saint running your skillcrow simply because you can never ever tell me that you do just hunt Cheetahs especially when you said otherwise in your initial post. This means you are punishing a mech type which struggles aside from ACHs and FSs.

And for your next reply which will surly come: I won't answer anymore. Simply because I had already to keep back. Have a good day

#33 Mcchuggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 838 posts
  • LocationYour core

Posted 23 October 2015 - 11:58 AM

View PostBush Hopper, on 23 October 2015 - 10:37 AM, said:

Angry grumblings.

Posted Image

I am usually rather polite on the forums, but...your just a raging idiot. Obviously your a mad light pilot that hate's getting busted with streaks. So? It sucks just as hard when your big badarse assault mech gets shot in the back and taken out in seconds and there is nothing you can do about it. It's just as annoying when that dual ERLL raven with ECM is harassing you from two miles away and you have no way to possibly hit it while it humps a ridge. I'm sure you have a great time doing that, but when somebody decides to counter it and shaft you right back, you can't stand the thought.

There's a lot of lights right now, so I chose to run a build to counter them and have fun, but according to you I am picking on all the other poor light mechs that aren't wicked good. I suppose I just shouldn't fire at any mech that isn't currently OP? It's not like this is a competitive online shooter or anything, you brain-dead puffed up self-righteous pole stroker. Your just razzed because this might encourage people to start countering a mech class you like and make it harder for you to win. Oh no! You might have to adapt to a new situation like I did! So terrible...

Am I killing the occasional other type of light mech while having a blast trying to counter-troll the people abusing their Arctic Cheaters? Sure! I'm also dying a lot because streak boats are garbage at doing basically anything else. Yet I'm the abusive jerk. Figures.

Edited by Mcchuggernaut, 23 October 2015 - 12:12 PM.

#34 Jazzbandit1313

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,088 posts
  • Location--- Star's End ---- -- Novo Cressidas --

Posted 23 October 2015 - 01:49 PM

I use my previous tears of grief from being cored by cheetas to lube up the arm joints on my streak crow....

#35 KHETTI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationIn transit to 1 of 4 possible planets

Posted 23 October 2015 - 01:53 PM

This sounds like scrubs fighting scrubs!

PS. sry couldn't resist.

#36 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 October 2015 - 03:32 PM

I guess it depends on what mech the OP is piloting....if it's a scarecrow or mad dog and u are targeting other mechs besides cheetahs or other lights then u are contributing to the cheese every match too.

#37 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 23 October 2015 - 03:51 PM

Fun times to pilot the RVN-4X lately. A Tier 5 light mech, constantly running into players in SPL-boating ACHs and Streakcrows.

The SPL-boating ACHs are mostly annoying because they feed primarily on inferior enemy light mechs, like Commandos, Panthers, Locusts, etc. I don't mind people playing laservomit Firestarters or Cheetos, but at least have the balls to fight the big boys, instead of focusing mainly on easy targets. Some ACH pilots do know how to play and do have some confidence in themselves, so they actually become an asset to their team by harassing enemy heavies / assaults and taking out threats who get too close.

But the Streakcrows... it speaks volumes of people's character when they need an I-Win button to enjoy the game. Punishing the least popular weight class in the game because they feel inadequate when they don't have the aiming skills to fight light mechs. I don't get it.

You know light mechs die from laservomit if you have a decent aim, right? ACH's are not OP, you just haven't figured out how to leg light mechs. ACH's are not OP, your aim is bad.

I'll be in my RVN-4X, dying ten times for every time I manage to kill those SPL ACH's or Streakcrows. But it's worth it, just to see the confused looks on their faces when their crutches aren't enough to keep them standing.

ggstreaks

#38 Homeskilit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 523 posts
  • LocationFlanking

Posted 23 October 2015 - 03:53 PM

I sure wish the IS had streak 4 and 6s.

#39 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 23 October 2015 - 03:56 PM

View PostHomeskilit, on 23 October 2015 - 03:53 PM, said:

I sure wish the IS had streak 4 and 6s.

I don't, at least not until Streaks as a weapon family have their mechanics reworked entirely.

In the current state of the game we really don't need even more mechs boating cheesy RNGesus psuedo-aimbot weapons to punish players who have the audacity to use mechs under 55 tons.

Now, if Streaks got changed to work somewhat similar to MW4 where the missiles tried to home in on the hitbox you aimed at, then I'd say release the floodgates for more IS Streak mechs. But until then, nope. I don't even like the Clans having those launchers right now.

#40 Homeskilit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 523 posts
  • LocationFlanking

Posted 23 October 2015 - 04:01 PM

View PostFupDup, on 23 October 2015 - 03:56 PM, said:

I don't, at least not until Streaks as a weapon family have their mechanics reworked entirely.

In the current state of the game we really don't need even more mechs boating cheesy RNGesus psuedo-aimbot weapons to punish players who have the audacity to use mechs under 55 tons.

Now, if Streaks got changed to work somewhat similar to MW4 where the missiles tried to home in on the hitbox you aimed at, then I'd say release the floodgates for more IS Streak mechs. But until then, nope. I don't even like the Clans having those launchers right now.

Typical Clanner logic, "Streaks are weak but until they are buffed IS should not be able to use them at all"

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users