• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 27 January 2016 - 03:58 AM

View Postetarm, on 26 January 2016 - 11:24 AM, said:

Where is the list with rankings kept?

Under faction play/member management you can find your rank. What was your alt again? I lose track of who is who.

View PostClint Steel, on 26 January 2016 - 02:02 PM, said:

Seen this a while ago but didn't get into it, but since Pete is doing it I decided to take the test again, and make a new profile.

Mech: Commando

Name :Coconut Smasher the Cyber Midget

View PostIron Pete Chiwalski, on 26 January 2016 - 10:13 AM, said:

I wish I had clicked on this thread earlier. It sounds like fun.

If its not too late, I got "Atlas" on the test. (which is good I suppose, because I've never had one)

My name is: The Atomic Hobo

Invites sent.

Also, we have just begun a seven day contract with Liao.

#682 NoMoreCenturions

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:44 AM

Hmm, is something up with the list servers today, or is it just my browser? Can't seem to quote or like anything, and couldn't post under my main account (etarm). Anyways, replying to 3xnihilo, this (NoMoreCenturions) is my alt account for etarm. I'll check out the faction play/member management next time I'm logged in. I've finished my Centurions and currently working on Victors. Here are my current stats:

Posted Image

P.S. Hmm, "like" and "quote" seem to be working again, so must've been a short-term glitch with the servers (or my browser/internet) or something is up with my main account.

Edited by NoMoreCenturions, 27 January 2016 - 09:47 AM.

#683 Iron Pete Chiwalski

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 39 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 27 January 2016 - 05:03 PM

I have respect for the people that can do well in the Atlas in my normal tier (especially before the structure quirks). I think I would be getting the crap kicked out of me in tier 1. That said.. I'm doing well in tier 4 :P

Posted Image

I finally have enough c-bills to buy my next atlas. The K seems pointless, so probably the D-DC its like a S that's worse in every way, but has ECM. It's going to be a while before I can get that last one without the cadet bonus. Posted Image

#684 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 27 January 2016 - 05:26 PM

View PostNoMoreCenturions, on 27 January 2016 - 09:44 AM, said:

Hmm, is something up with the list servers today, or is it just my browser? Can't seem to quote or like anything, and couldn't post under my main account (etarm). Anyways, replying to 3xnihilo, this (NoMoreCenturions) is my alt account for etarm. I'll check out the faction play/member management next time I'm logged in. I've finished my Centurions and currently working on Victors. Here are my current stats:

Posted Image

P.S. Hmm, "like" and "quote" seem to be working again, so must've been a short-term glitch with the servers (or my browser/internet) or something is up with my main account.

I will make sure your rank is correct next time I log in :)

#685 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 28 January 2016 - 04:51 PM

Awesome work guys! I have been back to MWO for about a week now, but I have had to greatly reduce my gaming time, so I will remain focused on my main account. If my situation changes, I will come back to the challenge.

#686 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 02:59 PM

Well, count me in Posted Image

I did the test twice, and everytime I got a Centurion so here we go:

Player name: 627 in a Centurion

The Money you get from the tutorial is even enough to buy one cent from the start, so not even one round in a trial mech.

And even had a 5 kill match in my third round Posted Image

#687 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 31 January 2016 - 03:10 PM

View Post627, on 31 January 2016 - 02:59 PM, said:

Well, count me in Posted Image

I did the test twice, and everytime I got a Centurion so here we go:

Player name: 627 in a Centurion

The Money you get from the tutorial is even enough to buy one cent from the start, so not even one round in a trial mech.

And even had a 5 kill match in my third round Posted Image

that's cuz Centurions are just that good.

Which is funny when I see people whine about how bad the Centy needs a rescale. Visually, yes it's off. In all other regards? NOPE.

#688 Iron Pete Chiwalski

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 39 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:33 PM

Played some more today and finished basics on my D-DC. I knew the ECM would be handy, but
I didn't know it made you completely invisible to some in the lower tiers. Posted Image My matches have been going even better than with the atlas-S so far. The other day I purposely avoided an easy "ace of spades" so as not to be a d-bag . I couldn't avoid it today because I was the last one left on the team against like 5 mechs. Posted Image well The Atomic hobo is an "Ace of spades" and "survivor" now. my current stats for the D-DC

Posted Image

Getting silly, cant stay that way for too long I would think.

Edited by Iron Pete Chiwalski, 31 January 2016 - 07:36 PM.

#689 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:36 PM

I took the test, and got the Centurion as "my 'Mech", which is the 'Mech with which I started this account (my main, and only).

I have no particular interest in the challenge itself, but I wish the best upon those who do opt to take it. :)

#690 shaterbane

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 12:29 AM

If you don't mind a relative newcomer hopping on board, another Victor here.

Managed to have the funds to buy the first one after 3 matches in a loaner (trial assault).

Admittedly, not catching the IS only trials tidbit, I ran those three matches in a trial Executioner D because jump jets.

Pilot name Treimaar.

Edited by shaterbane, 01 February 2016 - 01:00 AM.

#691 Inveramsay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • LocationStar's End

Posted 01 February 2016 - 03:19 AM

hmm, atlas for me. This could be fun as I quite like the atlas

#692 shaterbane

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 03:45 AM

So far... I'm not good with a victor. Hopefully time will change that. If I master these out in time, second test said Grasshopper.

#693 loopala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 01 February 2016 - 09:11 AM

View Postshaterbane, on 01 February 2016 - 12:29 AM, said:

If you don't mind a relative newcomer hopping on board, another Victor here.

Managed to have the funds to buy the first one after 3 matches in a loaner (trial assault).

Admittedly, not catching the IS only trials tidbit, I ran those three matches in a trial Executioner D because jump jets.

Pilot name Treimaar.

View Postshaterbane, on 01 February 2016 - 03:45 AM, said:

So far... I'm not good with a victor. Hopefully time will change that. If I master these out in time, second test said Grasshopper.

did the same thing when i started and ran the EXE D for 3 matches then the long hard row of VTRs started. word of advise. abuse those JJs and let your inner beserker free with the 9S and 9B. think more sneaky back stab then face tank. more light tactics then brawler tactics, IE keep moving the VTR is a very fragile assault. off set this with it's superior movement. practice with the AC20 till you can snap shoot and hit things out there at 300m once in a while.

the 9K is the odd duck. i finally just set it up for long range support (erlls guass and LRMs) and crossed my fingers. does surprising well in CW though

don't dis par too much took me almost 300 matches to fully master the VTR

welcome to the grind

my challenge name is ih8tevictors

#694 Steinar Bergstol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 01 February 2016 - 04:00 PM

I never noticed this thread before. Huh. Well, I suppose I'm up for showing everyone how crappy a pilot I am, so I took the test and...

Posted Image

Well, with a Thunderbolt as my mech (and it always was my favourite tabletop mech. So tough and dependable!) and me being Norwegian the name for the new pilot was, of course, obvious. Say hi to Tor Odinson. Thunderbolt pilot and enthusiastic proponent of solving problems by hitting them with a big hammer. :D

#695 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 01 February 2016 - 04:44 PM

Wow, lots of activity today! I will get some invitations sent out as soon as possible.

#696 Applecrow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 370 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 04:44 PM

Which Mech? Player account: Dangerous Playmate

I'll be starting in a Hunchie, then going for the Raven, and end up in an Atlas.

I took it three times to get a progression, I'll let the thread choose which clan mech I end up with. Be gentle...

#697 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 02 February 2016 - 02:54 AM

Alright, I have sent out invites and updated some ranks. If you have been overlooked in anyway just let me know :)

Also, Ih8tevictors/loopala is now assistant challenge coordinator!

#698 Ih8tevictors

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 272 posts
  • LocationCurrently out of my mind, Try again latter

Posted 02 February 2016 - 08:40 AM

Hello group as the new assistant assistant challenge coordinator feel free to message me if you get missed or need anything in terms of the challenge or have questions.

and remember "don't spare the duck tape"

my real name is loopala and at times i may forget who i am

Edited by Ih8tevictors, 02 February 2016 - 08:40 AM.

#699 Elrik Runeblade

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 06:02 PM

I took the test and got Panther, so I created a new alt that I will be levelling it on. Account is Elrik Wmai.

Have fun everyone!

#700 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 02 February 2016 - 06:12 PM

View PostElrik Steiner, on 02 February 2016 - 06:02 PM, said:

I took the test and got Panther, so I created a new alt that I will be levelling it on. Account is Elrik Wmai.

Have fun everyone!

Welcome, we will get you an invite sent soon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users