#721 Steinar Bergstol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 08 February 2016 - 02:01 AM

View PostElrik Wmai, on 06 February 2016 - 09:04 PM, said:

Ok, so i am a new player (only started in January) so before this challenge i have only played panther once or twice. Got to say, i really like it! Waited for this weekend to log in for the first time so i could get day of premium time combined with the double xp weekend. After i finished the cadet academy i had enough to buy my first one and after a few rounds i had enough to upgrade it to where it needed to be. These things are surprisingly tough and can get a decent speed once you max out the engine. By the end of my first 25 missions and day of premium time i have basiced my first two mechs and started on my third. Thanks for starting this challenge guys, so far it is a lot of fun.

The Panther is pretty much my favourite light mech in the game. Yes, it's probably not the choice of the meta-crowd, but it seems to suit my piloting style far better than any other light mech I've tried. Sorta like a medium mech in a light mech's body. I never could get the hang of the twitchy piloting skills needed for the really fast lights. Heck, spectating some of those light pilots almost gives me motion sickness with the way they're whipping their torso left and right while moving like the Flash. Never a set point on the screen to rest your eyes on!

#722 3xnihilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 08 February 2016 - 10:31 AM

Hey guys, I need a good build for the cn9-D. What are you other Centurion pilots running?

#723 Ih8tevictors

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 272 posts
  • LocationCurrently out of my mind, Try again latter

Posted 08 February 2016 - 11:11 AM

View Post3xnihilo, on 08 February 2016 - 10:31 AM, said:

Hey guys, I need a good build for the cn9-D. What are you other Centurion pilots running?

i was just playing around with the cn9-d. now with the high engine cap on this thing it is a very good light killer. also as we just had a challenge with a prize being a CDA-2A C with an xl 340. i put this build together. not great but should run ok with SHS but better with DHS depending on how much coin you have. also with SHS i recommend ML instead of MPL and 2 SHS in the engine like my sec one

SHS with MPL

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=29&l=d1c010107b5fb1af113aa4500bb6adc9a7508983

SHS with ML and 2 Extra SHS

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...fc1bdea2103611f

DHS with MPL

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...13affb4c1706bd5

and of course my tried and true light killer

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...02ac98f2a8b2ac9

stock is not too bad but light on armor. the LBX and MGs used to be amazing up close on lights but these day only so so

#724 NoMoreCenturions

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 11:21 AM

View Post3xnihilo, on 08 February 2016 - 10:31 AM, said:

On my main account, I ran my 9D almost stock with the LB-10-x and LRM10. I dropped the 2xMLs and the CASE for extra ammo and armor.Mastered it under that config, but not sure I'd run it that way if I were doing it again. I don't understand why the standard loadout includes CASE with an XL engine, since, according to PCI "...while CASE does not protect the section with the ammunition stored in it, it does prevent damage from transferring to nearby sections (i.e. from RT/LT to CT)." If that side torso goes, you're dead regardless of whether you have CASE or not. I'd probably keep the LBX to take advantage of those quirks, but maybe try SRM's instead of LRMs?

View PostIh8tevictors, on 08 February 2016 - 11:11 AM, said:

i was just playing around with the cn9-d. now with the high engine cap on this thing it is a very good light killer. also as we just had a challenge with a prize being a CDA-2A C with an xl 340...

A 9-D with an XL340! That must be fun! Posted Image

#725 Ih8tevictors

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 272 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 11:32 AM

View PostNoMoreCenturions, on 08 February 2016 - 11:21 AM, said:

A 9-D with an XL340! That must be fun! Posted Image

the biggest i ever put in a D is an XL375. it was a wild ride. lights could not just run away...

never had the coin back when i as mastering CN9s to pop for the xl390 as it just did not work in much else i had at the time. and it was only 5~6 kph faster and 130 in a CN9 is a hoot

#726 Zainadin

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 73 posts
  • Location5o Cal

Posted 08 February 2016 - 02:31 PM

Following in Orbit Rains footsteps and took the test last week and got a Raven. Thanks to the double xp bonus weekend I do have 2 of the ravens out of basic and now I'm doing the cbill grind to purchase the third. My alts in game name is;

X Zainadin X

#727 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 08 February 2016 - 03:24 PM

View PostZainadin, on 08 February 2016 - 02:31 PM, said:

Following in Orbit Rains footsteps and took the test last week and got a Raven. Thanks to the double xp bonus weekend I do have 2 of the ravens out of basic and now I'm doing the cbill grind to purchase the third. My alts in game name is;

X Zainadin X

Welcome! We will get an invite sent soon!

#728 Ih8tevictors

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 272 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:24 AM

View PostZainadin, on 08 February 2016 - 02:31 PM, said:

X Zainadin X

Welcome to the challenge. Invite sent

#729 Ih8tevictors

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 272 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 12:31 PM

New Week, New Contract!

Welcome to the Free Rasalhague Republic. I hear they have the best Space Bacon and Beer!

as always we will be doing a 7 day contract and then move to the next in line. So don't worry if you did not earn a free mech bay this go around we will be back in a few weeks. next week we leave the space vikings for the political intrigue of House Steiner. Also known for their very good beer and bad jokes.

#730 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 11 February 2016 - 12:02 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 February 2016 - 09:58 AM, said:

Sounds awesome.

IRL has kept me offline in game mostly for a while, plus all these Classic Unseens have demanded my attention. IDK when I'll ever get back the my WMC mechs. Posted Image

Boy do I wish that "Test" would be updated with the Classic Unseens added, and I could get a mulligan.

Maybe we could add another "Bonus" Challenge. Have you finished all three Challenges already?

View PostIh8tevictors, on 10 February 2016 - 12:31 PM, said:

New Week, New Contract!

Welcome to the Free Rasalhague Republic. I hear they have the best Space Bacon and Beer!

as always we will be doing a 7 day contract and then move to the next in line. So don't worry if you did not earn a free mech bay this go around we will be back in a few weeks. next week we leave the space vikings for the political intrigue of House Steiner. Also known for their very good beer and bad jokes.

You are mistaken, everyone buys their Space Bacon from the Free Worlds League. :-) They do have some good mead in the FRR though!

#731 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 11 February 2016 - 05:37 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 11 February 2016 - 12:02 AM, said:

Maybe we could add another "Bonus" Challenge. Have you finished all three Challenges already?

You are mistaken, everyone buys their Space Bacon from the Free Worlds League. :-) They do have some good mead in the FRR though!

Haven't finished the second one even. Been too busy running the Origins, MAD and WHM on my main acct. And I'm going to be offline game wise for at least 2 weeks starting today. IRL calls, and not in a good way.

#732 xDoman HuginX

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 6 posts
  • LocationWest Country

Posted 11 February 2016 - 06:51 AM

Three challnges, must have missed that last one.

Ah! Clan, same tonnage class as a Huncback, got a Scrow on my main so I'll go for a Nova.

Might be a while until I've the C-Bills to buy one Though.

#733 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 11 February 2016 - 02:48 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 11 February 2016 - 05:37 AM, said:

Haven't finished the second one even. Been too busy running the Origins, MAD and WHM on my main acct. And I'm going to be offline game wise for at least 2 weeks starting today. IRL calls, and not in a good way.

Well, maybe by the time you finish the two current bonus challenges, then the unseen Mechs will be available for chills and I can create another bonus.

#734 shaterbane

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 01:08 PM

Making the slow grind to buy a third Victor, otherwise the xp part has been fairly quick. 9S with 3x LRM 10s works fairly well as a support mech.

#735 NoMoreCenturions

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 05:20 PM

Finished my Victors:

Posted Image

I need to decide what Clan Mech to pick for Challenge #2 -- leaning towards the Shadow Cat, but the Nova is probably closer in performance to the Centurion (smaller engine, more firepower).

#736 Ih8tevictors

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 272 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:24 PM

New Week, New Contract!

as promised we are now in the employ of House Steiner, the prettier half of the Federated Commonwealth.

as always, but more so here as there is political intrigue a foot, try not to get involved with local politics. we are here for a pay check, not to join some factions private army. enjoy the beer and try not to groan to loudly at the jokes.

#737 NoMoreCenturions

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 07:54 PM

View PostIh8tevictors, on 17 February 2016 - 06:24 PM, said:

New Week, New Contract!

as promised we are now in the employ of House Steiner, the prettier half of the Federated Commonwealth.

as always, but more so here as there is political intrigue a foot, try not to get involved with local politics. we are here for a pay check, not to join some factions private army. enjoy the beer and try not to groan to loudly at the jokes.

OK, I'm off to earn a new mech bay!

#738 shaterbane

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 11:07 PM

And that makes 3 Victors owned. As soon as I get this new one to basic, the other two should be instant mastered. Wish I could earn mechbays, but 3 victors doesn't make a dropdeck.

#739 loopala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 19 February 2016 - 06:16 AM

View Postshaterbane, on 18 February 2016 - 11:07 PM, said:

And that makes 3 Victors owned. As soon as I get this new one to basic, the other two should be instant mastered. Wish I could earn mechbays, but 3 victors doesn't make a dropdeck.

as CW stats are not added to your mech stats, the challenge allows you to use champion/trial mechs in your drop deck.my personal drop deck has 2 victors, a raven 4x, as a raven 3l C as I only have one xl275 engine. before I got victors mastered and pick my 2nd mech, ravens btw, I was running a 2 Victor and what ever fit drop deck. the champion mechs, while not meta mechs, and not as bad as some would make you think.

get a deck together using at least one of your challenge mechs and go get them free mech bays for the 2nd and 3rd challenge.

#740 Lord Twitch

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 04:09 PM

Following in X Zainadin X footsteps, I went ahead and took the test. I got a Thunderbolt. I'm just starting on my first one. I'm going through the basics and grinding the cbills for the next one.
My alt's in-game name is:

Lord Twitch

Thanks!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users