#1 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 553 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 01 November 2015 - 10:58 PM

---Begin Transmission---

Fellow Clansmen and honored enemies, I bring you all greetings. I am Galaxy Commander Jep Jorgensson, founder and leader of the 12th Bear Guards and I have come before you now to introduce ourselves to everyone.

We are a unit of loyal Clanners that enjoys Role-Playing and are completely dedicated to the revival of Clan Ghost Bear. We give priority to Faction Warfare (FW) whenever possible in order to defend and expand the borders of the Clans. Our stated mission is to strengthen the unit so we can conquer the Inner Sphere!

Honor, loyalty, courage.

Unit Recruiting Officer: Jetwash

Q. What are the experience requirements to join?

A. None. We all started out greener than a Jade Falcon and have no problems training new cadets.

Q. But what if I do not own any Clan mechs and so cannot finght in CW?

A. Not a problem. We have other roles you can fill to help the unit. Besides, you can still bring whatever kind of mech to pub battles.

Q. But I do not know anything about Clan lore. Is that alright?

A. Aff. You can learn. We have a list of the more common Clan terms and are willing to teach.

Q. What kind of perks would I get if I joined? Do you give out free mechs to new recruits?

A. Neg! We are not that crazy! As for the perks, you would have:

Access to our website and forum;

Access to ALL of the original Battletech novels, about the first half of the ones from the Dark Ages, and animated series for free;

And a friendly and helpful environment with a real Clan feeling to it.

Q. You said something about having a Clan feeling to it. What did you mean by that?

A. We speak Clan, we use Clan ranks, we hold Trials of Position to promote our warriors, Clawing Rituals, and Trials of Bloodright to earn our Bloodnames along with other trials as well. We are loyal Clansmen to the end.

Q. Where are you based?

A. Most of our members are in North America but we also have members in Europe and around the Pacific as well. So obviously English is our primary language.

Q. What if for whatever reason I do not fit in. What then?

A. If you do not wish to stay then you can say your goodbyes and leave (just please do not leave without saying anything, that would be rude). We do not want you to stay if it is going to make you unhappy. That would defeat the very purpose of any game.

Q. How do I join?

A. Very simple.

1. You need to apply on our website: http://12bg.enjin.com/home by filling out an application (remember to use your in-game name!).

2. You can leave a post here asking to join and someone will get back to you. This also helps since it shows that you are diligent and serious.

3. You NEED to then drop into our discord channel--invite code: https://discord.gg/emTD4VH --and ask someone in our channel about joining us for some drops so we can get to know each other. This is required before we can let you join!

4. All applicants will be given a one month period from when they apply to show up in our discord channel listed above to do some drops together with us. If you apply but never bother to show up to our discord after one month, then your application will be rejected.

Our unit tag is 12BG.

This is who we are. If you wish to join us, then so be it. We and the Clan will be all the stronger with another competent Mechwarrior at our side. If not, then we wish you well in your search and may Kerensky smile upon you.

---Transmission End---

(Updated as of 06/10/20)

Edited by Jep Jorgensson, 10 June 2020 - 01:10 PM.

#2 Deacon Banem

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1 posts
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 04 November 2015 - 12:28 AM

I would be interested in talking to someone about joining the clan. Very much interested.

#3 Zack0512

Rookie

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 08:28 PM

I've been looking into CW for awhile.. Interested in learning more about the lore and getting into it. You guys seem like a really cool rookie friendly Unit. Thanks for the FAQ's too, they answer a lot actually. I was just wondering a few more things if I could ask...

1.) I have a pretty demanding job and a lot going on right now, so if I were only able to get on to play 1 or 2 nights a week or some weeks not at all would that be a problem?

2.) I have a couple friends who may not want to get into CW, so would I be able to now and then group up with them and just play regular matches?

3.) I am also sortof unclear on the temporary and permanent membership status's and how they work.

I guess overall my main question is requirement of time on my part and consequences if I am not able to play in CW all of the time. I know next to nothing about CW right now..

Other than that I played a lot of MW4 and the Black Knight updates but not much outside of it. I've been playing MWO as well of course for probably a couple years on and off. As a pilot i'm probably at my best in a Shadow Cat. Though I do have a few other larger mechs, LRM boats etc. Thanks for your time guys!

Edited by Zack0512, 06 November 2015 - 08:58 PM.

#4 Tarogar

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 03:11 PM

i also got a few questions here :

1: Is regular activity a must have for you guys? right now i got quite a few RL things going on and i don't know how much time i can put into MWO CW.
2: how commited are you to CW? now i know that CW is more of an Comp. setting, but do you guys mind if someone goes "nah for today" on it?
3: are there enough EU guys to form a team? if not i might only have time on Weekends.
4: Finally and for me more or less most important, overall just how talkative do i need to be for you? i am not shy, rather introverted so i might not talk much/ at all unless it's important.

now that this is out of the way here are a few things about me :

I am a solo player that has decent understanding of the game and i know some teamwork from playing other games that require it (mostly Moba type games here).
As of now i prefer medium mechs, but i am willing to test out all the positions till we find out what works and what does not. With that in mind i am not a long shot when it comes down to light mechs... i pretty much hate them with passion... but even then i am giving different builds a chance on this one.
I do not know Clan lore and that fuzz, but then again i would have stuck with World of Warcraft more if it still had actual roleplaying going on.

Finally as i mentioned above, i don't talk much for various reasons, but if you bear with me ( no pun intended) and let me get to know you, i usually open up a whole lot. it just takes time.

anyways. i hope you can answer these questions. and have a nice... well whatever time it is when you read this ;)

#5 Tuann

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 203 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard, with a beer, chocolate and waffles

Posted 06 December 2015 - 06:41 AM

View PostLucky Moniker, on 06 December 2015 - 03:39 AM, said:

Long time Vet and Ghost bear here, I am interested in checking your unit out. I sent you a friend request in game. Some more information in this post would be helpful (ie who "we" is to contact other than yourself, website, etc)

-Lucky Moniker

Lucky is a great pilot and a great guy.

#6 Davz Not Here

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:34 AM

View PostZack0512, on 06 November 2015 - 08:28 PM, said:

I've been looking into CW for awhile.. Interested in learning more about the lore and getting into it. You guys seem like a really cool rookie friendly Unit. Thanks for the FAQ's too, they answer a lot actually. I was just wondering a few more things if I could ask...

1.) I have a pretty demanding job and a lot going on right now, so if I were only able to get on to play 1 or 2 nights a week or some weeks not at all would that be a problem?

2.) I have a couple friends who may not want to get into CW, so would I be able to now and then group up with them and just play regular matches?

3.) I am also sortof unclear on the temporary and permanent membership status's and how they work.

I guess overall my main question is requirement of time on my part and consequences if I am not able to play in CW all of the time. I know next to nothing about CW right now..

Other than that I played a lot of MW4 and the Black Knight updates but not much outside of it. I've been playing MWO as well of course for probably a couple years on and off. As a pilot i'm probably at my best in a Shadow Cat. Though I do have a few other larger mechs, LRM boats etc. Thanks for your time guys!

Hello,
I'm going to answer these, and if some of the vets of the unit want to add something they will.

1: nope not a problem ..... obviously we would all love to spend 5-20 hours, every day, playing games we love. the reality is 'life happens' ...... that being said, the ore active you are, the better for everyone, but 2 nights a week is not a bad start.

2: if you want to do PUB drops with your friends i don't think any one will complain, as long as you show for unit specific events

3: i don't understand the question, can you clarify further?

hope this helps ..... look for some of us in game and say hello :D

#7 Davz Not Here

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:38 AM

View PostTarogar, on 18 November 2015 - 03:11 PM, said:

i also got a few questions here :

1: Is regular activity a must have for you guys? right now i got quite a few RL things going on and i don't know how much time i can put into MWO CW.
2: how commited are you to CW? now i know that CW is more of an Comp. setting, but do you guys mind if someone goes "nah for today" on it?
3: are there enough EU guys to form a team? if not i might only have time on Weekends.
4: Finally and for me more or less most important, overall just how talkative do i need to be for you? i am not shy, rather introverted so i might not talk much/ at all unless it's important.

now that this is out of the way here are a few things about me :

I am a solo player that has decent understanding of the game and i know some teamwork from playing other games that require it (mostly Moba type games here).
As of now i prefer medium mechs, but i am willing to test out all the positions till we find out what works and what does not. With that in mind i am not a long shot when it comes down to light mechs... i pretty much hate them with passion... but even then i am giving different builds a chance on this one.
I do not know Clan lore and that fuzz, but then again i would have stuck with World of Warcraft more if it still had actual roleplaying going on.

Finally as i mentioned above, i don't talk much for various reasons, but if you bear with me ( no pun intended) and let me get to know you, i usually open up a whole lot. it just takes time.

anyways. i hope you can answer these questions. and have a nice... well whatever time it is when you read this Posted Image

hope i answer your questions, and if the vets of the unit want to add something i am sure they will.

1:the more you are on, the better. we understand real life happens, and we understand that moods happen ..... no one can play all day every day ..... but being active is preferred

2: some folks are committed, some are not, as long as everyone is willing to do at least some CW, and specifically events, it's not much of an issue

3: we have a good 40%-50% (+ / -) of our members in the EU and Eastern EU

4: just like any good tavern, some folks talk, others do not, and most float in the middle depending on the situation ..... so, no, you do not have to talk a lot .....

hope this helps
track some of us down in game and say hello

#8 Nero Akavar

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 05:30 PM

Hello,
I have played on MWO since beta and have been playing MW games for years. I love clans and would love to join as long as it is a Ghost bear clan.

#9 MasterKarzash

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 10:59 PM

i am interested in joining the 12th Bear Guard. Is there anything specific i need to do to go about joining?

Edited by BunnyBacon, 12 December 2015 - 01:28 AM.

#10 SeventhSL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:49 PM

If your interested in working with ghost bear loyalists from other units then feel free to friend me or message me team speak details and I'll drop by for some games from time to time.

#11 ProfPyro

• PipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 91 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 06:32 AM

Recent recruit here. I look forward to bringing honor to the clan. Where do I begin?

#12 Briz8

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 01:03 PM

I would love to join up if you all are still taking recruits. I am EST time, but unfortunately have limited time to play (mostly evenings after 10). I am still fairly green, I have been on for about 5-6 months, but this is my first "PC/Keyboard" game, so getting used to the controls took me a bit longer to grasp in game. I feel I have been getting it done and it's time to join up! I just grabbed up my 4th clan mech and now have a full lance to configure and build up. Currently, I do not use a mic, but I am always listening.

Cheers, and let me know where to sign!

#13 Rhaljnar

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 09:50 PM

I am looking to further the Ghost Bear name and return them to their rightful place. Ive been out of the systems for a while. Working my way back into the core one planet at a time.
Contact me you wont be disapointed.

#14 OldJackNo7

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 12:36 PM

Please drop me an invite / private message if you are still accepting. I have been playing for over a year now and am a CGB loyalist. Usually on evenings 6:30 - till
In game is OldJackNo7
Look forward to hearing form you.

#15 Skoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 994 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 05:25 AM

---Begin Transmission---

I'm pretty sure you guys giving out "free access" to all the Battletech novels and cartoons is literally theft since I doubt any of you are the copyright holders or authors.

---Transmission End---

Edited by Skoll, 26 December 2015 - 05:26 AM.

#16 Ulric Bekker

Rookie

• Nova Commander
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 28 December 2015 - 03:28 PM

I am very interested in joining up with the Bear Guards. Just started MWO but am an old school mechwarrior player, was always in Ghost Bear, and you seem like a cool group of folks. Please hit me up in game, or PM me with instructions on how to go about joining.

Thanks, and I look forward to fighting with you!

#17 AkumaSlayR

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 02:01 PM

Greetings, Galaxy Commander Jep!
I wish to inform myself about your unit! I only recently got back into the cockpit of my mechs, since i was taking a break for the game to settle itself in a nice, balanced state, which, in my opinion, it currently is. And i'm having loads of fun. However, i am missing something from this whole experience. Since this is very much a mech simulation, I started getting into clan lore, since those are the only mechs that interest me, plus the whole clanner personality is just so fitting!
A bit of personal information. I am from Germany, however i am speaking english quite fluently. I am into MechWarrior since i was a little kid, starting out at MechWarrior 2, together with my dad. And i have been playing MWO for quite some time now, with the occasional pauses, the last one being a bit longer. I may not be the best, but i sure am trying! You can usually find me heavy or assault mechs, however i do not shy away from piloting smaller mechs. I like to be faster and agile, but still pack a punch! Which is why the timber wolf is, was and will always be my mech to go!
So, here i am, still very much green with the whole terminology of the lore and a very rusty clanner vocabulary, looking for some fellow minded brethren (and sisters, of course) to trash IS scum!
If you are still recruiting, i would be very interested in joining you!
Thank you very much, Galaxy Commander, AkumaSlayR out!

----

Edited by AkumaSlayR, 29 December 2015 - 02:05 PM.

#18 Boblin the Goblin

Rookie

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSouthwest Chicago, IL

Posted 29 December 2015 - 04:21 PM

Hello! I'm very interested in learning more information on the Bear Guards and potentially joining. I've been in the battletech universe since the offshoot tabletop strategy game and started playing Mechwarrior at the second installment. I've had an account with MWO since it first released into open beta, but haven't started seriously playing until the steam release. I'm generally on in the evenings and in the morning, but my availability will become more limited when I get back to school here in a few weeks.

I look forward to talking with you guys about joining up.

Edited by Helius, 29 December 2015 - 04:22 PM.

#19 Draemont

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 10:29 PM

I am looking for a home.and some training.I been affiliated with snow raven in my MechWarrior past (2-4) but I'm looking for a new start.
thanks..
clan for life.
Draemont

#20 Brynjolf

Rookie

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUpstate New York

Posted 02 January 2016 - 08:33 AM

I had the pleasure to work with some of your warriors yesterday in a pubic battle. It was good to see so many Ghost Bears on the field! I shall look for you in other matches. Honor to Jorgensson and Tseng!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users