312 replies to this topic

#61 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 06 November 2015 - 01:20 PM

Holding off until the show that they aren't going to ruin the game with the PTS changes.

#62 Son of the Flood

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 397 posts
  • LocationTier 3 basement - searching for funyuns and mountain dew

Posted 06 November 2015 - 01:20 PM

The art looks great as always, but I was (still am) hoping for the Crusader. I suppose the leg mounted SRMs would be better for plowing fields than combat in MWO ....now if the Rifleman just had flip arms.... :)

The early adopter rewards are compelling and pretty much pay for the package when compared to MC equivalents.

#63 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 06 November 2015 - 01:34 PM

Looks great! Heavies aren't my thing so I don't need the mechs.

But with all that you get for $20, how can I not buy the lowest level packs. The premium te alone is worth $12. Plus's all the extras!

Luckily I can wait until the end of the month to actually make the purchase.

#64 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 01:36 PM

Will it have 360 torso? The Rifleman has the same cabability of swinging its arms backwards as the Urbanmech... Give this baby a 360 torso and I'm sold... Otherwise I'll wait for Cbills...

Looks sexy, though! :D

#65 ChapeL

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 01:36 PM

View PostTennex, on 06 November 2015 - 11:01 AM, said:

don't see myself buying any mech pack until they add unique geometry back.

I'd rather have the ability to apply any camo pattern I want on my mechs.

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 06 November 2015 - 01:36 PM, said:

Will it have 360 torso? The Rifleman has the same cabability of swinging its arms backwards as the Urbanmech... Give this baby a 360 torso and I'm sold... Otherwise I'll wait for Cbills...

Looks sexy, though! :D

So does the Blackjack and that didn't happen

Edited by ChapeL, 06 November 2015 - 01:37 PM.

#66 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 06 November 2015 - 01:40 PM

The lighter Jag? Hmmmmm...I'll be grabbing this one, too. Nice work, gang!

#67 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 01:41 PM

View PostTennex, on 06 November 2015 - 11:01 AM, said:

don't see myself buying any mech pack until they add unique geometry back.

There just isn't that value, uniqueness and collectability anymore. In fact, these spaced out packs cost more

Has it been said anywhere there'd be no unique geo? o.o I know the art doesn't show it, but the only mech pack so far that has had different geo patterns in it is R2... (And Founder's) They clearly just repainted the base model sketch for the Hero mechs on all the Classic packs, seeing as how they don't reflect their different hardpoints/equipment...They did the same thing for the Urbie. Just repainted the same mech, but we wound up with a radically different geo on the (S) on that little guy!

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 06 November 2015 - 01:43 PM.

#68 Kai Allard Liao

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 109 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 November 2015 - 01:43 PM

Why should i order? - I quit playin cause of Gamemode-vote. Wallet closed.

#69 bar10jim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 01:44 PM

View PostCarchemish, on 06 November 2015 - 11:03 AM, said:

For those who won't buy until some game content conditions are met, I totally understand your position. Having said that...this is how they make money! Money used to pay their programmers' salaries! This is what gives them the resources to build new content, and I for one will throw a few bucks into the pool to see that happen.

All the best,

Carchemish the Benificent

Let's see: I wasn't aware of the game st the time so I couldn't be a founder and I came along during open Beta. I've purchased over a year of premium time outright, 7 heroes, Phoenix Pack (top tier pre-order when there was some question as to if this game was going to survive), Resistance (top tier early adopter), Resistance II (top tier early adopter), Urbie (lower tier early adopter), and the Timberwolf a la carte. Pending purchases of Origins (top tier early adopter) and Marauder (top tier + Hero early adopter).

It's not about what I'm waiting for, it's about what has been taken away.

The possibility of dropping as a casual group of 2 is long gone (fed into the maw of larger organized groups) so none of my friends will play the game any longer. Anyone new I try to bring in quits because of the group queue.

So now I'm relegated to the solo queue where I prefer Conquest. Now that has been removed (essentially). I'm not willing to play 7 games of Skirmish and 3 games of Assault in the hopes that I can play 1 game of Conquest.

Somebody forgot that a game needs to have a 'fun' aspect for all the players, not just the majority. I see no reason to give more money to a game that keeps reducing my 'fun' options.

I'd rather have longer wait times and play my preferred game mode.

As such, I will be requesting a refund on both the Origins and Marauder packages prior to delivery pending what PGI's actions are.

Edited by bar10jim, 06 November 2015 - 01:55 PM.

#70 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 01:45 PM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 06 November 2015 - 01:41 PM, said:

Has it been said anywhere there'd be no unique geo? o.o I know the art doesn't show it, but the only mech pack so far that has had different geo patterns in it is R2... (And Founder's) They clearly just repainted the base model sketch for the Hero mechs on all the Classic packs, seeing as how they don't reflect their different hardpoints/equipment...They did the same thing for the Urbie. Just repainted the same mech, but we wound up with a radically different geo on the (S) on that little guy!

Since the origins pack there hasnt been unique geometry

#71 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 01:48 PM

View PostTennex, on 06 November 2015 - 01:45 PM, said:

Since the origins pack there hasnt been unique geometry

Did they state this somewhere officially? o.o First I've heard of it...

That's... Kind of annoying... I like my special snowflakes... I thought they had a good balance of Geo/paint with Wave 3. I don't mind my spec. geo being black...

#72 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 01:56 PM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 06 November 2015 - 01:48 PM, said:

Did they state this somewhere officially? o.o First I've heard of it...

That's... Kind of annoying... I like my special snowflakes... I thought they had a good balance of Geo/paint with Wave 3. I don't mind my spec. geo being black...

Its been confirmed on twitter several times as responses to player tweets.

It used to say " 1 Special Variant with custom pattern and Geo +30% C-bill boost"

Now it says "1 Special Variant with custom Pattern, and a +30% C-Bill boost"

#73 Kai Allard Liao

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 109 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:05 PM

View Postbar10jim, on 06 November 2015 - 01:44 PM, said:

[...]
Somebody forgot that a game needs to have a 'fun' aspect for all the players, not just the majority.
[...]

Word!

Exactly right!

#74 Cptn Goodvibes Pig of Steel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 125 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:08 PM

My problem is that like many other customers, I already have plenty of mech's to pilot, but the game modes in which to run them in are much too limited, underdeveloped and repetitive. Unless the developers can get their collective heads around this, then the long term viability of MWO is doomed. I've made my financial contributions. If I'm going to fork out more cash for more mech's then I may go for the Wasp, but you guys seriously need to pick up on the games content.

#75 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:17 PM

Oh dear.. PGI, you can do it!
Rebalance, return of unseen mechs.. CW Phase 3 (and 4, i hope..), and other stuff..
It is so good to feel hope again, and to be confident in you.

#76 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:17 PM

Damn, that Hero is Sexy!

#77 KodiakGW

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:21 PM

Do like that there is another high mount weapon IS heavy mech, but the 290 engine cap is a letdown. Maybe if it had ECM (I know, not TRO, so too many would cry).

Plus, already have a Firebrand for the ballistic energy arm mix.

Edited by KodiakGW, 06 November 2015 - 02:22 PM.

#78 SourKraut

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:25 PM

Enough with this absurd pricing structure already...just how much "milk" do you think you can bleed out of your cashcows PGI? $140-220us for 4 IS mech packs in this format vs $80us for the standard way you have been selling IS mechs...such greed! With these new overpriced mech pack formats on top of us loosing hard choices in game modes as well as what the PTS suggests the direction MWO might be taking in future I think I have spent my last $ supporting this game...its bad enough I have to use this newish account just to get out of "PSR hell", but now this new price model, plus less choice in playing the game how I enjoy it and the possibility of making mechs all feel like they do unbasiced (even though I do like some of the sensor range ideas)...thanks but no more $ from me, not this time.

#79 Hollow Earth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 300 posts
  • LocationIntergalactic House of Pancakes

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:28 PM

Alright, after consideration, im probably NOT going to buy this. when i can get Jagermech for C-bills. (and the Jagermech's raison d'etre is to fix the Rifleman's problems anyway according to the fluff). I mean, it does look sexy but really i think this is just a treat for the Rifleman fans.

Now on the other hand, if it was an Archer... $$$. please let it be next ;)

#80 stocky0904

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:31 PM

I was waiting over 20 years for the rifleman showing up in a battletech game.

THX PGI

one of your "cashcows" :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users