#81 Rubberanvil

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 36 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:46 PM

View PostAppuagab, on 06 November 2015 - 12:18 PM, said:

WTF, it has completely same lower legs as Warhammer.
Laziness and (un)intentional thumbing nose at Harmony Gold would be my guess on the legs.

#82 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:58 PM

Posted Image

#83 Hollow Earth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 300 posts
  • LocationIntergalactic House of Pancakes

Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:06 PM

View PostAppuagab, on 06 November 2015 - 12:18 PM, said:

WTF, it has completely same lower legs as Warhammer.

View PostRubberanvil, on 06 November 2015 - 02:46 PM, said:

Laziness and (un)intentional thumbing nose at Harmony Gold would be my guess on the legs.

Interesting thing about that, In the anime series Super Dimension Fortress Macross, the Destroid Tomahawk (Warhammer) and Destroid Defender (Rifleman) used the same leg assembly to save on costs. There is also a third mech to do the same thing the Destroid Phalanx (Longbow). The Destroid Spartan (Archer) uses it's own leg assembly.

So i am willing to bet that the reuse of legs is a sneaky reference to their Macross heritage.

Also the TRO of the Warhammer and Rifleman's leg assembly look similar anyways. though the Rifleman has fatter feet.

Edited by Hollow Earth, 06 November 2015 - 03:10 PM.

#84 Deathone

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:12 PM

Marauder , Warhammer and now the Rifleman. Why do PGI release only unseen heavy mechs ? Three in a row ?

Oftopic: I want to play Conquest ! Please vote for Conquest game mode!

#85 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:29 PM

What happened to announcement posts... having an announcement... rather than just a link to the store front? It would be nice if they talked about it a little bit, tell us why we need this new mech... Of course, we all know why we need this new mech... but still, it's just good marketing to have SOME sort of presentation besides, "Tadah"

#86 mgto

• PipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:35 PM

Great, I was able to resist any mech purchase from the day mwo went online.. and now this.. I'm in <_<

Posted Image

#87 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:39 PM

View PostRubberanvil, on 06 November 2015 - 02:46 PM, said:

No, it is lore-appropriate. Many battlemechs were originally produced at the same factories and some shared components between different models to save cost, speed up production and make mechs easier to maintain. In WWII the Germans used VW parts in their tanks for similar reasons.

#88 Fractis Zero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 102 posts
  • LocationNorth Vancouver, Canada

Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:43 PM

I'm hoping that giant antenna and radar ontop means it will have some serious PTS sensor range perks!

#89 Stingray Productions

• 1,906 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:51 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 06 November 2015 - 10:22 AM, said:

WHAT!!! Are you kidding!!! this is AWESOME!!!! :) :) :) How is it possible that now you can release 3 of my most favorite mechs! No question about it, I'm going to own Marauder, Warhammer, and Rifleman! I feel like this is a dream...........

#90 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:55 PM

View PostFractis Zero, on 06 November 2015 - 03:43 PM, said:

I'm hoping that giant antenna and radar ontop means it will have some serious PTS sensor range perks!

^ ^ ^ THIIIIIIIISSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it would be GREAT if every single mech chassis/variant had different PTS sensor ranges. If they based it on the fluff for the sorts of communication equipment that were installed in mechs, that would be great. As an example, some early variants of mechs may have lower grade sensors and communication equipment. If that had an influence on the mech's targeting speed/range, would be preeeeeetty neat!

#91 Rum Duke

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPropping up the noodle bar

Posted 06 November 2015 - 04:03 PM

Mein Gott, it could have a single hardpoint and I'd still want to marry it.

#92 Khan MacGonzo

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 06 November 2015 - 04:05 PM

That Rifleman is goddamned sexy!

But... can you say "H-H-H-H-Headshot!!!"

#93 Frytrixa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 04:22 PM

After a long time we have a "Shoulder-Mech" again YAY !!!

#94 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 04:37 PM

NO!
you having nothing worth mentioning in the month of November to look forward too. You just say everyone is 100% on clan wars wave 3 but no one really knows what that means. You are dealing with a month packed with block buster games coming out. Good luck with sales but your not getting any more out of this whale and for the first time I hope this is the worst sale to date to give you a wake up call that you need to do better then just crank out mechs.

#95 braveheart95

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • 132 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 04:41 PM

Would have been nice to see the Crusader but I guess I will have to wait a bit longer....

#96 Heckbird

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 43 posts
  • LocationAnchorage AK

Posted 06 November 2015 - 04:53 PM

When Russ first announced the Marauder at the town hall meeting he specifically said that they weren't going to do a bunch of individual packages for unseen mechs. He said that they were just testing the waters with the Marauder.

Now were 3 individual mech packages in.

Can we just get a big mech package! Even if the Marauder II is the only assault in the timeline. Make it like the saber package and have just a medium mech package. Normally for whats offered in the collector's pack for 3 mechs is $60. Now fans are paying $120 for all 3 mechs.

#97 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 06 November 2015 - 05:12 PM

View PostHeckbird, on 06 November 2015 - 04:53 PM, said:

When Russ first announced the Marauder at the town hall meeting he specifically said that they weren't going to do a bunch of individual packages for unseen mechs. He said that they were just testing the waters with the Marauder.

Now were 3 individual mech packages in.

Can we just get a big mech package! Even if the Marauder II is the only assault in the timeline. Make it like the saber package and have just a medium mech package. Normally for whats offered in the collector's pack for 3 mechs is $60. Now fans are paying $120 for all 3 mechs.

Or $60 for the 3 most iconic IS heavy mechs ever and a lot of extra stuff - that's a very good deal, specially if you consider the Clan omnimechs cost $55 each (a la carte).

Archer should be released next as standalone (with Morgan Kell's ECM hero), and then: Project Phoenix II:
- light: Wasp
- medium: Phoenix Hawk
- heavy: Crusader
- assault: Longbow
[reinforcements]: Stinger and Valkyrie

#98 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 06 November 2015 - 05:26 PM

View PostOdanan, on 06 November 2015 - 05:12 PM, said:

Or $60 for the 3 most iconic IS heavy mechs ever and a lot of extra stuff - that's a very good deal, specially if you consider the Clan omnimechs cost $55 each (a la carte).

Archer should be released next as standalone (with Morgan Kell's ECM hero), and then: Project Phoenix II:

Unfortunately, those are the unseen mechs that will need the most reimagining to avoid copyrite issues.
Unfortunately ho

#99 ChapeL

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 05:29 PM

20 USD$ for 3 mechs, 3 mech bays and a few goodies is a good value. Not to mention that if you don't like the mech being sold you can just skip it. The bad part of the traditional mech packs was sometimes only the assault or heavy was interesting to me. ( Ex: the Phoenix pack, I didn't care for the Shadow Hawk or Locust but I had to buy them in order to get the Thunderbolt )

#100 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 05:32 PM

View PostOdanan, on 06 November 2015 - 05:12 PM, said:

Replace that Longbow with a Marauder II, and you can mark that baby sold... once I have money again :x

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users