Enough Whining

306 replies to this topic

#301 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:12 PM

I know, I was there. For a while as Mischief, in an alt for the rest. That and the move to Wolf and getting Wolf moving down to hit CJF. All that drama.

It was an opportunity for me to drop with some excellent teams. I learned a ton, there were some exemplary units involved.

#302 RustyBolts

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 05:13 PM

The most OP aspect of FW/CW is teamwork.

#303 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:14 PM

View PostRustyBolts, on 14 December 2016 - 05:13 PM, said:

The most OP aspect of FW/CW is teamwork.

As our argument has been for the longest time.

And despite the current tonnage mismatch, look what the trend currently is.

It's more than the mech people: it's the pilots in the cockpits.

#304 Kwea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 374 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 11:14 PM

View PostKahnWongFuChung, on 09 November 2015 - 08:02 AM, said:

MercStar has not been on Wolf for quite some time, and they have nothing to do with the crux of my argument.

I disagree before-MS- started playing in your clan your teams were good but not elite players like you seem to have now that take hardly no damage and give out a lot of1-2 shot kills I have fraped a few of your games and I see repeated exploits and other weird gameplay that you as honor bound clan members were not doing?

So what changed your clan from just good players to like playing in god-mode every battle? I wonder but PGI does not care about exploits/ETC. to this game as long as the USD continues to flow in.

P.S but you are not the only units I have seen this happen to after a -MS- merger and its not because yo have gained so much player skill per player to become so L33t :D(

the last excuse of bad players...

#305 Kwea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 374 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 11:28 PM

View PostKrellshand, on 29 November 2015 - 01:27 PM, said:

Well, because WE DONT WANT TO? Not everybody wants to play in a unit, face it.

Oh, and the majority of players in CW are solos, as Russ statet. And he is desperatly tryig to get more solos from the playerbase involved to revive some of the fighting on the map. Go look on his vlog

So, just guess who is keeping the whole thing alive?

then stop whining all the time. We got tired of losing, so we fixed it....but when we tell you how we did it we get accused of being cheaters and hacks, and you refuse to listen to our advice.

As if anyone needs hacks or exploits to beat some of these mech loadouts...

#306 The Errant

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 04:17 PM

If you don't want to join a unit, that's fine. If you don't want to get on a unit TS hub and drop with them (without joining them), that's fine. If you don't want to get on a faction hub and drop as part of a mixed group, that's fine. If you don't want to use VoIP, that's fine. If you want to bring lore/stock/"fun"/bad loadouts, that's fine. (If you don't want to win, that's fine.)

Understand that if you don't coordinate and don't drop in mechs up to a least a reasonable minimum standard, you're not going to win against teams that ARE doing all these things and it's irrational to expect a different outcome. And I am not alone in feeling that that is how Faction Play should be. So you have some questions to ask yourself:

1) Is winning a requirement for you to have fun?

2) Can you have fun experimenting with builds/tactics, or just running what you like, while losing (probably losing badly)?

3) Do you think it's fair to inflict your have-fun-while-losing sensibilities on the 11 other people in your drop? (Yknow, since you don't want to group and don't want to communicate.) Are you going to get salty when they rage at you?

If you can honestly answer 'yes' to all of these questions, then keep on keeping on! Posted Image But if you cannot, if you want to do better than getting rolled against 12-mans all the time, then I have questions for you:

1) Have you ever been part of a coordinated, confident group that fought a good game against a tough opponent and won? Have you ever been part of a group that executed their strategy to perfection? Was it not an immensely rewarding experience?

2) If you haven't, would you like to? If you have, don't you want to do that more regularly? Are you willing to listen to and learn from people who have been at it a long time and learned many lessons the hard way? Are you willing to let go of mechs/builds/ideas that just won't work in a competitive environment to reap the rewards from successful teamwork?

And no, I am not a longtime faction play veteran. No, I don't bring all the best mechs (though I'm working on that) nor am I even good, I've only broken 2k once and my normal damage tends to hover around 900-1300. Feel free to check my stats on the leaderboard, they're nothing stellar by any means.

But I've been on both sides of the stomp. I've dropped in small groups of mostly pug teams and gotten stomped by clan units. I've dropped in groups that got stomped by clan skittles and pugs who may or may not have been on comms. But I've also dropped with MJ12 and ISEN and beaten 10+ groups from 228, IREX, and others. I've dropped in large mixed groups on the Star League hub and beaten 10-man+ groups from CWI, ARC7, BNB, and others. If you're brave enough to follow the calls on a team that knows what to drop in, where to go and when/what to shoot, YOU tend to do better too! And yes, I've clubbed some baby clanner seals too.

It's doable. WE can do it. It doesn't just have to be the mercs that do it to each other and the clan loyalists when they feel like swinging IS. You just have to decide if you want that.

Edited by The Errant, 25 February 2017 - 04:32 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users