Kurita Waking Up?

143 replies to this topic

#21 pwnface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 01:34 AM

Koshirou, I'm not really sure what you are salty about but maybe I can explain things with a picture.

Posted Image

#22 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 07 December 2015 - 01:39 AM

From having gotten rolled by NS many times, I can tell you that yes, NS is the backbone of your faction. It's still one of the very few IS units where other teams start offering prayers instead of suggestions for beating them when a match starts.

#23 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 07 December 2015 - 02:50 AM

Here is a great descriptor of where our Loyalties lie and home is where the heart is, even when we travel abroad.

Posted Image

#24 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 03:16 AM

View Postpwnface, on 07 December 2015 - 01:34 AM, said:

Koshirou, I'm not really sure what you are salty about but maybe I can explain things with a picture.

Is that meant to "explain" that you came back to HK so you could have an easier time nicking the event rewards in a less competitive environment? Or that, like several other active mercenary units, NS has been grinding its way to the top spots in this event?
Because I already knew both of these things.

@ Crockdaddy
Strangely, the only planets with NS tags on that I could find were Jade Falcon ones. Are you familiar with the concept of "time"? Do the terms "past" and "present" hold meaning for you?

#25 Musashi Alexander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 213 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 05:01 AM

View PostKoshirou, on 07 December 2015 - 03:16 AM, said:

Do the terms "past" and "present" hold meaning for you?

In the 'past' we were in Kurita and we are in Kurita in the 'present'

Everyone's happy now.

#26 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 07 December 2015 - 09:28 AM

Y'know, as I recall Kurita had this problem of not appreciating their top units once before, back in the misty past of Phase I.

That led to bad things for Kurita.

Not that I really think you're going to run off a unit as hardcore about the Combine as NS, but still.

Probably ought to thank the folks who kept your faction afloat and then pushed it to IS dominance, instead of being a butt about the fact that they moved, what, once? for the loyalty points and rewards.

Edited by Valar13, 07 December 2015 - 09:28 AM.

#27 HelloKittyWarfare

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 122 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:04 AM

if even NS gets bullied in kurita, there seems to be less love for mercs at all. Posted Image

nevertheless, for me, NS never where a merc unit at all. they were one of few mayor powers of this faction. some meaningful core unit who is just disappointed from CW phase 2 and travels around for easy rewards. like most units do. just right in time home again to fight in the finals for the dragon. i like it.

PS: NS always was my main reason to take side with you, redshirts. when kuritan NS needs some EU mercs and ask for it, we deliver. most of the other units are some kind of faceless to me.

i would be thankful for such a loyal and strong ally.

#28 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:53 AM

We definitely appreciate all the help PHL gave House Kurita during CW beta 1. We went from being the underdog faction with the most contested borders to the powerhouse of the Inner Sphere. Getting ourselves coordinated with drop decks and strategies in teamspeak was a great first step, but we couldn't have done it without the help of our excellent merc units.

#29 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 12:17 PM

View PostKoshirou, on 07 December 2015 - 03:16 AM, said:

Is that meant to "explain" that you came back to HK so you could have an easier time nicking the event rewards in a less competitive environment? Or that, like several other active mercenary units, NS has been grinding its way to the top spots in this event?
Because I already knew both of these things.

I think you are the one that is having trouble dealing with a "competitive environment" with us being back in Kurita. It's not like Kurita hasn't always been our primary faction. Were also not "grinding" to the top spots in this event, nobody is staying up until 6am playing 12-18 hours shifts like we have in previous CW events and in the defense of Luthien.

Speaking of Luthien, we had two 12man groups play from NA ceasefire until SEA ceasefire. That was until 6am for me and 9am for our east coast players. The planet was on the edge of being lost the entire time and we wouldn't give up until it was safe. I don't remember seeing you in the HK teamspeak defending anything with us at 6am, so maybe you are the one not committed to the faction.

Are you even rank 20 yet for House Kurita?

#30 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 07 December 2015 - 12:24 PM

NS is a unit that deserves respect. Facing a 12 man NS puts our 12 man on alert and the aww yeah sensation of having a decent fight.

#31 Ben Delat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 184 posts
  • LocationSiegerland

Posted 07 December 2015 - 12:41 PM

Thx, pwnface.
We will be back to Kurita at some point.

Good to know, we are appreciated. :)

#32 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 12:49 PM

Posted Image

Ah this thread brings me back to my Marik days.

Edited by dervishx5, 07 December 2015 - 12:50 PM.

#33 Tulamar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 709 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 01:22 PM

View Postpwnface, on 07 December 2015 - 11:53 AM, said:

We definitely appreciate all the help PHL gave House Kurita during CW beta 1. We went from being the underdog faction with the most contested borders to the powerhouse of the Inner Sphere. Getting ourselves coordinated with drop decks and strategies in teamspeak was a great first step, but we couldn't have done it without the help of our excellent merc units.

Thanks! We always felt like having a home with Kurita, even as merc unit.

Posted Image

#34 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 07 December 2015 - 04:49 PM

PHL, you guys will always have our support anytime. Heck, it would be fun to fight each other in CW even if the schedule would ever work out.

#35 DJFrost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 171 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:08 PM

So much LOLz in this thread......Did loyalty get a new definition I was not aware about? BACKBONE? LOL

#36 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:29 PM

View PostDJFrost, on 08 December 2015 - 04:08 PM, said:

So much LOLz in this thread......Did loyalty get a new definition I was not aware about? BACKBONE? LOL

Who defended the planet Arkab when Arkab Legions weren't around to do anything last event? You are welcome. We saved your home planet from the clan invaders. You guys are still bitter that you needed the big boys to protect your home.

#37 DJFrost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 171 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:41 PM

lol oh yeah, that ONE thing you guys did with mostly ghost drops and while arkab were away working and having lives. SO glad you stepped in and stopped the clanners, as if we hadn't already been doing that. Just glad NS has so much free time to do that.

Also, we really care nothing about that night, it was the attitude, disrespect and immaturity that bothered us. Barging into our ts mid match to try and snipe players for your own group for example. NS are the only ones still bringing that old topic up, can't find something else? At least Arkab can claim TRUE loyalty to Kurita. If anyone wants to leave and go to other factions, they are free to do so, but Arkab itself will remain, and stay loyal. Not something NS can claim at all.

#38 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:53 PM

View PostDJFrost, on 08 December 2015 - 04:41 PM, said:

lol oh yeah, that ONE thing you guys did with mostly ghost drops and while arkab were away working and having lives. SO glad you stepped in and stopped the clanners, as if we hadn't already been doing that. Just glad NS has so much free time to do that.

Also, we really care nothing about that night, it was the attitude, disrespect and immaturity that bothered us. Barging into our ts mid match to try and snipe players for your own group for example. NS are the only ones still bringing that old topic up, can't find something else? At least Arkab can claim TRUE loyalty to Kurita. If anyone wants to leave and go to other factions, they are free to do so, but Arkab itself will remain, and stay loyal. Not something NS can claim at all.

Yeah we TOTALLY ghost dropped to steal your planet. Arkab wasn't even able to scrape together a single 12 man to defend Kurita space when NS had 3 groups running simultaneously. Sorry you guys couldn't man up and help with the cause.

We tagged 37 planets for House Kurita during CW beta 1, how many did you guys tag? 2?

You are so proud of being loyal to House Kurita but you guys don't even play the freaking game. I'm glad you are sitting on the bench waving your pom poms for House Kurita but let's not kid ourselves about who actually does the work. Are any of you guys even rank 10 in Kurita yet? Rank 6? Getting closer?

Edited by pwnface, 08 December 2015 - 04:53 PM.

#39 DJFrost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 171 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 08 December 2015 - 05:00 PM

Not sure where you get your numbers or facts, but ok. Must not have seen the post that showed active numbers and scores during the event.

Even IF we were under a twelve man, that would mean we hit 3rd in kurita during that event with that many players and were that close in score, with less than half the members you had. But again, your numbers are wrong and you are wrong.

Arkab drops pretty well nightly. As for rank, why brag, I have my payout already. Thatss all I need. No need for other factions or units. Just my Arkab brothers and sisters, and what little I have left to earn in loyalty.

NS can brag all they like. You can claim to be the backbone, and whoever wants to believe you can. But the real loyalists sit here quietly watching and smiling at your epeen display. Amusing.

#40 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 05:05 PM

View PostDJFrost, on 08 December 2015 - 05:00 PM, said:

NS can brag all they like. You can claim to be the backbone, and whoever wants to believe you can. But the real loyalists sit here quietly watching and smiling at your epeen display. Amusing.

No need to brag, simply stating the facts.

Posted Image

That is all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users