• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:15 AM

View PostAdridos, on 31 October 2012 - 03:05 PM, said:

What actually made you stop, Hayden?

Dennis de Koning :rolleyes:

Edited by Hayden, 01 November 2012 - 04:20 AM.

#542 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:54 AM

View PostHayden, on 01 November 2012 - 04:15 AM, said:

Dennis de Koning ;)

STill confused as before, but generally, it means you were employed by them (in that case, congratulations!), or it's against the rules (hardly an option, but still...). I get it I won't get a clear answer from you, right? ;)

#543 Tristan Arc

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

Taking hint from the incredible (and numerous!) insignia here, I cooked this up while trying to do a repaint for the 1st Kathil Uhlans. It started having a horse (Uhlans, after all), but I think the "Lions of Davion" bit worked 'alot' better. I'm not sure if there 'is' a canon insignia anywhere, but I certainly haven't found it yet. Either way, let me know what you all think. :)

Posted Image
Still debating on the colors a bit, I think, but I only really know of black and gold to work with for them.

Edit: A revised take on my above piece. I'm very happy with it, and it shows up a lot better on the paint scheme. B)

Posted Image

Edited by Tristan Arc, 10 November 2012 - 12:43 AM.

#544 Duke Hector

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 302 posts
  • LocationNistus

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

i hope that no one minds but i want to put the final version of my own merc logo here since this seems like a really good home for it. i am quite pleased how it turned out, I renamed my unit as well, its now called Hrabarchuks Headhunting Cossacks

Posted Image

#545 Paul BlackJack Cady

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationLyran Sector, Planet: Canal, Primary Base HQ

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

So what's up with this topic??

Is Hayden doing insignias or not.....from the very first post he states "(NOTE: I am currently not accepting new requests)" and after reading a few pages I get the impression that everyone is just recoloring and refreshing the old ones..

and the last page is kinda cryptic in "
Sorry guys, I won't be releasing this stuff anymore."

please explain whats going on to me?

So is anyone doing "new" insignia's?

If not... I will start a new thread.

Edited by Paul BlackJack Cady, 09 November 2012 - 08:44 PM.

#546 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

View PostPaul BlackJack Cady, on 09 November 2012 - 08:43 PM, said:

So what's up with this topic??

Is Hayden doing insignias or not.....from the very first post he states "(NOTE: I am currently not accepting new requests)" and after reading a few pages I get the impression that everyone is just recoloring and refreshing the old ones..

and the last page is kinda cryptic in "
Sorry guys, I won't be releasing this stuff anymore."

please explain whats going on to me?

So is anyone doing "new" insignia's?

If not... I will start a new thread.

Originally this thread was meant to showcase my work, and anyone else who wanted to post. People are still posting new work here, and while other folks aren't as prolific as I am this thread still isn't dead. I mean, the two images posted today by Tristan Arc and Dan The Ice man are new images and not mere "recolors".

There might not have been a unit insignia thread before Hayden, but there certainly can be one after Hayden ;)
Anyway, the reason I'm not posting things here is because my attention is needed elsewhere.

#547 Paul BlackJack Cady

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

View PostHayden, on 09 November 2012 - 08:49 PM, said:

Originally this thread was meant to showcase my work, and anyone else who wanted to post. People are still posting new work here, and while other folks aren't as prolific as I am this thread still isn't dead. I mean, the two images posted today by Tristan Arc and Dan The Ice man are new images and not mere "recolors".

There might not have been a unit insignia thread before Hayden, but there certainly can be one after Hayden ;)
Anyway, the reason I'm not posting things here is because my attention is needed elsewhere.

(Hayden)

No disrespect intended or inferred....

I'm sorry if I came off to strong.....

I have been following what your doing, so I understand your attention is needed elsewhere

I just didn't know if anyone was doing custom insignia's or not..

#548 Tristan Arc

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:59 AM

I like the idea of, much like the repaint thread, having this as a common home for the community's insignia work. ;)

If you're looking for help on a custom insignia, BlackJack, I'd be happy to give it a try. Just know that I'm rather new to it. :wacko:

Also, to contribute a little, I just finished one for the 1st Capellan Dragoons that I'm pretty happy with~

Posted Image

Of course now that I've posted it, I have the urge to tinker with it yet again... :ph34r:

#549 Paul BlackJack Cady

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:18 AM

View PostTristan Arc, on 11 November 2012 - 03:59 AM, said:

I like the idea of, much like the repaint thread, having this as a common home for the community's insignia work. :P

If you're looking for help on a custom insignia, BlackJack, I'd be happy to give it a try. Just know that I'm rather new to it. :rolleyes:

Also, to contribute a little, I just finished one for the 1st Capellan Dragoons that I'm pretty happy with~

Posted Image

Of course now that I've posted it, I have the urge to tinker with it yet again... :ph34r:

Not a problem... :excl:

I was going to offer to make a thread, like my sig thread to help the good folks of MWO make there own Unit Insignias if they wanted one....
I was completely off square thinking this was just a place that they were posting their work, it is.. but people are also making insignias here too.

So I'll go crawl back into my mechlab and leave you talented people alone... :wub:

#550 Ramses DeLeon

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

I made an updated version of the logo for the 11th Lyran Guards.

The 11th Guards were an elite unit during the Succession Wars, nicknamed "St. George's Regiment" because of their success against House Kurita during the 2nd SW. The regiment was the Lyran Alliance's contribution to Operation Serpent. They were evidently disbanded or given over to the SLDF afterwards, and they were not reconstituted during or after the Fedcom Civil War or jhad.

I always thought they had a cool logo, but unfortunately the only one I ever saw was a small and monochrome one that I think comes from the 1987 Steiner sourcebook. This is basically the same as that, though I ran with the somewhat angular and stylized look of the original and made it more angular and kinda jumbled.

Posted Image

#551 Ramses DeLeon

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

I also made a 12th Atrean Dragoons logo. They're my favorite FWLM unit.
Posted Image

#552 Ramses DeLeon

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

Comstar's 11th Division ("The Wing Clippers")
Posted Image

Comstar's 388th Division ("The White Banshees")
Posted Image

And, last, the 32nd Lyran Guards ("The Red Arrows")
Posted Image

#553 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:55 AM

Getting better, Ramses.

#554 Ironhawk

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:10 AM

View PostSilversurfer, on 23 September 2012 - 01:16 PM, said:

Fantastic work Hayden !! I was just wondering if you had the "other" original house insignia around anywhere. It'd be great to have the Lyran Commonwealth, Draconis Combine, (Rasalhague Republic) and Comstar in the same awesome way. Would definitely help in re-making Mechwarrior Personnel Files from scratch for an rpg group *hint*hint*hint*.

Thanks a bunch for this great thread!!!

In lieu of Hayden, who's now in active duty for PGI (which is just centuries away from changing its name to Comstar), I pulled a multi-quote below for you of the posts that tackled several of the great Houses. No one has yet published a brand new DC one yet it seems.

View PostHayden, on 24 September 2012 - 03:28 AM, said:

Alright, since I've been lax in my duties:

Comstar:

Posted Image

View PostIronhawk, on 24 June 2012 - 11:53 AM, said:

I guess it would look somewhat like this...

Posted Image

View PostIronhawk, on 07 May 2012 - 06:39 PM, said:

Thanks for the lore. Image edited within original post. Hope you enjoy!

Well... here goes nothing:
Posted Image

View PostIronhawk, on 05 May 2012 - 08:09 PM, said:

I do not believe I have seen anyone do this one before... Figured that since it is the official icon for the forum, we might as well reverse engineer the complete design for MW:O.

EDITED: Longer sword and minor touch ups:

Posted Image

Adding a green on black version EDITED as per Adridos's and Hayden's (on DA) comments:

Posted Image

#555 Ironhawk

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:19 AM

Adding a few more for easier reference...

View PostHayden, on 21 April 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

Alright, for today I've been working on some Proserpina Hussars stuff. This is a little heavier on the artistic licence than normal, but hopefully you'll indulge me.

Federated Commonwealth. Because you can't stop the inevitable. Or can you?
Posted Image

Anyway, thanks for watching. I'm playing with the 2nd Proserpina Hussars and will probably find another unit to toy with for today and tomorrow.

View PostHayden, on 29 January 2012 - 04:55 PM, said:

Alright, this is a half-size insignia dump, since I was so busy on Centurion Repaints.

Per request, this is my rendition of the MRBC logo. Not a unit insignia.
Posted Image

Thanks for watching!

View PostHayden, on 05 January 2012 - 03:11 AM, said:

Alright. For tonight we have a selection of Marik Militia Insignia. All done January 5th, 2012.

Posted Image

Thanks for watching.

ED: As an aside, I won't be taking any more requests for now. Things are really getting busy here. Any current requests are considered "grandfathered" and will get the same attention I would normally give. Expect infrequent updates, but it won't be like it has been up to this point.

View PostHayden, on 28 December 2011 - 02:41 AM, said:

It's not the FedCom RCT units... it IS a Davion project, though! I present a series of unit insignia based off the (much) older Davion Guards insignia. ED: All except for the base Davion Guards insignia and the Federated Suns Insignia are conjectural.

ED: Federated Suns insignia, because it seems fitting to include it here.
Posted Image
Thanks for watching!

Edited by Ironhawk, 17 November 2012 - 08:20 AM.

#556 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

View PostIronhawk, on 17 November 2012 - 08:10 AM, said:

In lieu of Hayden, who's now in active duty for PGI...
Really?! That rocks on toast, man. I am so happy to hear that. Sorry, I haven't been on the forums much, of late, and I think this is the first post I've made in four months.

Hayden, congratulations... that is so very cool.

#557 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:40 AM

View PostRamses DeLeon, on 15 November 2012 - 09:49 PM, said:

Comstar's 388th Division ("The White Banshees")

Like it, feels like old times... fighting Jade Chickens...

#558 Voridan Atreides

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
  • LocationSittin on Turn 3 at Elkhart watchin the Corvettes roar by....I wish. (Stockholm, WI, USA)

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

Nice work!

#559 JorDash

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationHomer, Alaska

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

And why oh why isn't this post stikied???? Hm PGI? Great work guys ;)

#560 Ironhawk

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

Got tired of sticking DC insignia based on 150x150 pixel image or textured images on my DCMS 'Mech concept repaints. So... I invested some time this week-end to issue some brand new Draconis Combine insignia. Tried to stay close to the original.

DC Insignia
Posted Image

EDIT: Adding Desaturated Version
Posted Image

DC - Ceremonial (so it matches the new one)
Posted Image

1st Sword of Light
Posted Image

2nd Sword of Light
Posted Image

5th Sword of Light
Posted Image

7th Sword of Light
Posted Image

8th Sword of Light
Posted Image

Edited by Ironhawk, 02 December 2012 - 04:30 PM.

55 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 55 guests, 0 anonymous users