Silver Hawk Irregulars Old:
Posted Image
Silver Hawk Irregulars New:
Posted Image

Free Worlds Guard Old:
Posted Image
Free Worlds Guard new:
Posted Image

Maybe I can work on some more when the time comes. All of the artists here are amazing.

#502 Hartsblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 772 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:33 AM

NICE METAL WORK...DAMN PHONE IS ONLY USING CAPS...SORRY.

#503 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:46 AM

Holy ****, Stingr4y! Those are absolutely gorgeous! Superb work. Welcome to the ranks of the super-talented on this site, man. I look forward to seeing your insignia in-game.

#504 Stingr4y

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 336 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:22 AM

Technically, I don't really "belong" to a specific group yet. I float around helping those in need.....think of it as a "national-guard" of MWO. Maybe someday I'll either join up with a group or start one of my own.

Thanks for the compliments people. I might do some more if I get pressured enough.

#505 Ironhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:48 AM

From one metal worker to another I say: Great metal job, Sting!

#506 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:10 PM

View PostStingr4y, on 24 August 2012 - 08:22 AM, said:

Thanks for the compliments people. I might do some more if I get pressured enough.

Do more. :)

#507 Archerko

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:14 PM

Posted Image
I put this together as a Kamakura's/Phyr's Hussars for a friend, so I thought I'd add it here in case anyone likes them~

#508 3ffigy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 150 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

View PostHayden, on 23 August 2012 - 11:09 PM, said:

Almost all designs are done from completely from scratch (the only real exception to this rule is when I re-purpose images from other work, such as my rampant utilization of my rendition of the St. Ives Armored Cavalry Horse

Yeah, I don't think I'm ready to do things like horses from scratch. Those rearing horses look great, but I'm at a stage where I'd need to start with some stock silhouettes or custom shapes, although I could probably take a picture source and create a silhouette from there. Drawing one would be an entire different story. Just makes all the designs you guys are doing all the more impressive.

#509 Stingr4y

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 336 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:41 AM

View PostHayden, on 24 August 2012 - 01:10 PM, said:

Do more. :)

Challenge accepted.
A little bird told me that a unique unit in the Free Worlds League is looking for some good ol' fashioned mech' kickin, bar fightin', missle tootin', laser blastin', bullet slingin' reliable fighters with some good pilotin' skills, I reckon.
Posted Image

Saddle up, mechwarriors. I here they are going to be rocking the Innersphere. The ranks are filling up. Contact dustygrafix@gmail.com to inquire. Do you have what it takes?

#510 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:00 PM

So, it's been a long time. I'm not dead. I have been a bit busy, but over the past week I've been working on a kind of "special" project.

Thumbing through the 1988 version of the House Liao handbook the other day, I discovered something intriguing: an image of the Battle Standard of House Liao. Now, as a lover of flags, Battletech and the "old" Capellan Confederation Armed Forces, I felt a twinge of inspiration. What came to mind was to design a series of Battle Standards for the CCAF. So that's what I did:

Posted Image

Of course, everything aside form the House Liao standard is totally conjectural. I hope you guys like!

#511 Stefano McCarron

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationCity of Bochum, Planet Menke

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:15 AM

Love Liao - Hate Davion

#512 Hartsblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 772 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:48 PM

Good to see you back Hayden!! Great work as always!!

#513 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:48 AM

So, as a point of comparioson, I made another chart of the CCAF's forces in 3050. Note that this chart excludes Home Guard, Warrior House, mercenary and Death Commando forces.

Posted Image

ED: Perhaps another reason why we should have started in 3025, eh? :)

ED: I will probably do a 3060 set as well. To make up for the 3050 set. Gotta catch a break somewhere, right?

Edited by Hayden, 22 September 2012 - 01:53 AM.

#514 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:03 AM

Gotta drop our unit insignia here that Hayden did for us, because he's an awesome community member and a great friend (I won't spread that last dirty rumor around, I promise!)

Posted Image

#515 Silversurfer

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:16 PM

Fantastic work Hayden !! I was just wondering if you had the "other" original house insignia around anywhere. It'd be great to have the Lyran Commonwealth, Draconis Combine, (Rasalhague Republic) and Comstar in the same awesome way. Would definitely help in re-making Mechwarrior Personnel Files from scratch for an rpg group *hint*hint*hint*.

Thanks a bunch for this great thread!!!

#516 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:00 AM

View PostSilversurfer, on 23 September 2012 - 01:16 PM, said:

Fantastic work Hayden !! I was just wondering if you had the "other" original house insignia around anywhere. It'd be great to have the Lyran Commonwealth, Draconis Combine, (Rasalhague Republic) and Comstar in the same awesome way. Would definitely help in re-making Mechwarrior Personnel Files from scratch for an rpg group *hint*hint*hint*.

Thanks a bunch for this great thread!!!

Thanks Silver, glad you like 'em. I'm planning on doing as much as I can and have been releasing as I finish them (with the exception of a handful that I'm sitting on that I'll post up at the same time, this particular unit is so famous that is has a burger named after it). I am trying to be a bit more active, but with a full time job "on the side" ( :) ) I don't have quite as much time as I used to.

#517 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:28 AM

Alright, since I've been lax in my duties:

Comstar:

Posted Image

Blackwind Lancers, V2. This is my personal take on the insignia, rather than attempting to make a carbon copy of the original.
Posted Image

5th Oriente Hussars: This is based off the official description in the FWLM Field Manual, instead of the image usually associated with the unit, a flashman in boots and a stetson. The stars represent the trinity worlds.
Posted Image

6th Oriente Hussars: the 6th hasn't earned the right to have a distinct insignia after being re-formed following the Andurien Succession.
Posted Image

#518 Hartsblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 772 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:46 AM

Looking good!

#519 Silversurfer

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:24 AM

Heya,

I found these two images that closely resemble the house insignia? Could you turn them, too?

Posted Image

and

Posted Image

thanks for considering

Silver

#520 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:09 PM

View PostSilversurfer, on 24 September 2012 - 11:24 AM, said:

Heya,

I found these two images that closely resemble the house insignia? Could you turn them, too?

Posted Image

and

Posted Image

thanks for considering

Silver

I've been kind of holding off on doing DC, CC and LC insignia, as I really want to put a lot of creative energy into them. I guess I'm waiting for the right "mood". :)

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users