198 replies to this topic

#61 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 17 November 2015 - 07:29 AM

Really liking the C-bill boost looks like it favours Lights and mediums which is great news for me.

I am a little worried about the hit box changes though from experience this probably won't end well, Especially the Locust, Dragon and Quickdraw. I hope to god the Hitbox changes reflect the Comando's and Dragons abominations of arms and the mighty locust gets a survivability boost.

Can we get any details on what these changes are and more importantly when is the black knight and especially Artic cheater getting fixed?

Edited by mad kat, 17 November 2015 - 07:42 AM.

#62 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 November 2015 - 07:35 AM

Thanks for the adjustment of the Cbills awards !!
Fantastic job PGI !

Now I can really get more Cbills when I DO something - instead of waiting behind a rock for an enemy !

This is the best patch ever !

#63 Blood Skar

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 07:53 AM

All good changes apart from the voting one.

Someone said it earlier - its to please minority voters.
Those rare exceptions of players that actually like playing Terra....or actually like playing Conquest?

Personally i cant stand playing Conquest but i will now be forced to play it more by the sounds of it....
...so it seems only fair now for PGI to give us a new way of not playing Conquest mode - like we hadbefore (i had it switched off all the time).

I said in an earlier post that PGI could look at the maps that arn't played much/at all and redesign or change the landscape in them to make them more attractive. This would be a nice way of using low voted for maps into a way to redesign them for the best?
Now we will be forced to play the maps(and conquest in my case and others i think...its hardly voted for) most players hate, with (yet again) another overly thought out mechanism that complicates something that shouldn't be complicated.

Reading through this thread it seems players are already trying to look for ways to 'cheat' the system...or 'farm' votes.... i wouldnt put it past some to make alt accounts to farm these votes.... you know the old old saying IF players can cheat they WILL cheat....adds even more weight to this being a bad idea. What was wrong with 1 vote each? thats democratic right?

In fact after the voting system was implemented i barely saw a bad post about it? I certainly saw lots of positive posts praising it. Seems a strange change on the patch after you impliment the voting system to overhall it?
Its like PGI are only listening to certain posters. Or some players posts hold more weight than others.
Whatever...i'll just stop posting again as i'm obviously not on that list.

Edited by Blood Skar, 17 November 2015 - 08:19 AM.

#64 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 17 November 2015 - 08:15 AM

Nice patch! Glad to see the C-bill rewards go up! I'm curious to know what tweaks were made to my Hunchy hitboxes though. Are they good ones?

#65 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 17 November 2015 - 08:45 AM

Lots of good content in them patch notes.

Really, really curious about hit box changes... What the changes are and what they are intended to address. In the meantime I'll take the extra C-bills, warhorn fix and academy updates.

#66 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:07 AM

Was hoping for some more NARC rewards. NARCing is a huge risk, there needs to be a reward for countering ECM with NARC and for doing damage with NARC.

#67 Azrael0815

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 17 posts
  • LocationSolaris

Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:13 AM

I appreciate the changes except for one:
Please remove the voting system. To be honest it is annoying to be forced to play modes I do not like (and I suppose I am not the onyl one dislikeing this) and now you add a even worser system ?
So this means that I am forced more and more to play a mode I do not like: conquest
And sorry to say.. I do not like to play conquest... regardless if some PPL think its the "best" mode as the rest is just "stupid" Deathmatch
At the moment I am lucky as conquest is played least but now it will be played more and more and I am forced to play ?
Seriously PGI ... WHO thought that forcing players to play modes they do not like was a good idea ?
Give us the chioce back to play waht we want... some do not like Conquest, some love it... same for the rest of the modes.
PLEASE give us the choice back to choose what we want

Edited by Azrael0815, 17 November 2015 - 09:14 AM.

#68 DarthHias

• Shredder
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:17 AM

View PostBlood Skar, on 17 November 2015 - 07:53 AM, said:

All good changes apart from the voting one.

Someone said it earlier - its to please minority voters.
Those rare exceptions of players that actually like playing Terra....or actually like playing Conquest?

Personally i cant stand playing Conquest but i will now be forced to play it more by the sounds of it....

In fact after the voting system was implemented i barely saw a bad post about it?

I´ll make sure to shed a tear for you when you get forced to leave Skirmish wonderland. After I got enough conquest matches to compensate for those I missed ;)

And get your eyes checked. There are people unhappy about the voting. Sure you like it because you get what you want gosh.

Edited by DarthHias, 17 November 2015 - 09:18 AM.

#69 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:22 AM

View Postbar10jim, on 16 November 2015 - 10:11 PM, said:

The problem here is "eventually". If I an FORCED to play a game mode I don't like. I WON'T play.

Wow, you certainly seem entitled and self centered.

And it seems like your in the minority here. Sorry Bud.

Edited by AdamBaines, 17 November 2015 - 09:23 AM.

#70 Krispy Fiend

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 25 posts
  • LocationDC/MD/VA, United States

Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:23 AM

Stacking up votes and voting for nothing but Terra Therma and Conquest here I come.

#71 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:25 AM

View PostKai Allard Liao, on 16 November 2015 - 11:12 PM, said:

The Changes to the Vote-System doesn't help me.

U lost one of your most active Player, PGI.

Again, astonished by the self centered attitude of people. "Me, me me, my needs my needs my needs, screw everyone else". Guess I should not be.....

#72 Azrael0815

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 17 posts
  • LocationSolaris

Posted 17 November 2015 - 10:06 AM

Sorry now for my quite hard words but if you think "conquest" is so loved by the players why is it then so less played currently on the voting system ?
So telling ppl here that they are the "minority" that do not want to play conquest is... funny when seeing it almost always lost on the votes...
Yeah.. most loved mode *g*

And due to this as some love conquest and some love Skrimish it would best to have the "old" system back
Be honest... the rest is just "I do not want to be forced to play" or "HAHA you Skrimish guys now you have to play Conquest"

#73 WVAnonymous

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 17 November 2015 - 10:07 AM

With the weighted vote scheme, I may yet see Terra Therma and Caustic Valley again before I die of old age... Good implementation.

#74 mp00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 319 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIn a bottle, Canada

Posted 17 November 2015 - 10:21 AM

Hoping the end of round screen change will in the future come with a option in game settings to choose which page we would like to see.. or a B33f vid..

#75 Liam Salem

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 23 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 November 2015 - 10:25 AM

So...many needed updates...and all stuff that I've heard from other people and seen myself...I'm not used to a game maker that actually addresses issues within the game and FIXES them.

PGI, thank you. Sincerely.

#76 percolated1

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 64 posts
  • LocationUpper left coast of the USA

Posted 17 November 2015 - 10:40 AM

I gotta hop back in here. I like playing pretty much everything sometimes. When voting went in, 14 of my first 16 drops were on HPG Manifold, and mostly skirmish. I felt like I was stuck in that Bill Murray flick, "Groundhog's Day." The next couple days (after the hotfix), it was Frozen City over half the time. I have seen Terra Therma literally two drops since the last patch, and conquest mode three drops. To top it off, people started complaining on the forums that we need more, bigger maps, while voting in game for the smallest, coldest maps possible over and over again. How is PGI possibly going to keep everybody happy? If voting needs to happen (and I'm still skeptical about that point), at least with this patch changes, it seems like you should now eventually get a drop or two to your liking to break up the monotonous 200-500m laser brawls in the snow/void of space.

#77 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 17 November 2015 - 10:47 AM

I like almost everything in this patch, except for a couple Artic Cheater related items.

I own all the Artic Cheaters and they are ridiculously broken. It is almost as if damage is divided by 2 when they take damage. It is common for Artic Cheaters to survive to 12%. We know that this can be fixed and must be intentional...and it is a game breaker.

The entire community now calls this mech the Artic Cheater, with the exception being those who call it the Artic Cockroach because it survives nuclear assaults.

The clans do not need to have the best light mech with a side of broken. It will still be the best light mech without the intentionally broken hitboxes.

#78 Luise Koschinski

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 10:47 AM

Until now i just unloaded my wrath to this forum. But now i think i have to see i anticipate this patch with a little joy-joy feeling ;)

Sounds like a great patch.

#79 percolated1

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 64 posts
  • LocationUpper left coast of the USA

Posted 17 November 2015 - 10:51 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 17 November 2015 - 09:07 AM, said:

Was hoping for some more NARC rewards. NARCing is a huge risk, there needs to be a reward for countering ECM with NARC and for doing damage with NARC.

Unless they changed something and I missed it, NARC doesn't counter ECM at all. If the NARC'ed mech is bubbled, you can't lock them any better than any other bubbled mech. Agree otherwise, though, applying NARC is a very risky job that is greatly appreciated by the lurm boats, but very lightly rewarded by the game itself.

#80 Tannhauser Gate

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:16 AM

Very good patch. Right direction with voting but will need more adjustments for sure. Good to see hitbox changes. Viva la PTS!

So.. when is there going to be a sound design pass? MWO still feels beta in the sound department e.g. most AC sounds sound like someone banging pots in their back yard (not even recorded artillery like in World of Tanks), lasers sound like 80's public domain scifi, environmental sounds are minimal. Maps feel like lifeless game levels and less like natural /alien environments. The same triggered sounds used on almost every map (same old rocks falling). Other sounds like shell ejection, PPC recharge, Gauss charge up.. all sound like place holders. The visceral pleasure (audio reward) of pulling the trigger in MWO is lacking compared to most other games (I totally dig the LBX-10 sound though). Its widely said that 50% of a game's basic experience and connection to the player is the sound (i.e. first impression and replayability). MWO is a beautiful game but alot of enjoyment and immersion is being left out due to beta-level sound design. Please put this on your schedule. - Thanks

Edited by LakeDaemon, 17 November 2015 - 11:21 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users