Patch Notes - 1.4.35 - 17-Nov-2015

198 replies to this topic

#81 Josef Koba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 527 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:17 AM

Patch looks pretty solid, overall. Glad to see some adjustments in the Cbills earning area. Greatly looking forward to the AI mechanics and how they'll be implemented over time, and I echo the sentiment that these "bots" should be included in ghost drops (even though I do not play CW).

View PostSereglach, on 16 November 2015 - 07:38 PM, said:

Please don't make Tina a liar.

I don't know why I have such an irrational dislike for this phrase, but I do. Every time I see it, it just bugs me. Are we going to be mad at Tina because she gave us information which at one point was accurate but then changed for whatever reason?

#82 Josef Koba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 527 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:21 AM

View PostLakeDaemon, on 17 November 2015 - 11:16 AM, said:

So.. when is there going to be a sound design pass?

I'd be interested in seeing what they come up with if this is ever put on the schedule, but other than the PPCs I don't have much of a problem with weapon sounds. And I love the sound of the LBs. If I recall correctly they did change a lot of the weapon sounds...maybe two years ago? Can't remember the exact period, but I'm pretty sure they did change them. Which I'm assuming meant they were what they intended the weapons to sound like. Still, it's always good to modernize where appropriate.

#83 Domenoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 461 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:24 AM

View PostAzrael0815, on 17 November 2015 - 10:06 AM, said:

So telling ppl here that they are the "minority" that do not want to play conquest is... funny

Yeah, that's not what what you were told. What you were told is that you are in the minority because you don't like the voting system. You are in the minority because you came to the forums to complain about occasionally having to play conquest. Most people give zero ****. Most people are willing to play an occasional conquest game because they realize other people really like it and focusing on other people's needs, not just your own, is widely recognized as a sign of "a good person" as opposed to "a spoiled brat".

So yes, you are in what appears to be (and what I fervently hope truly is) the minority.

#84 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:25 AM

View PostLakeDaemon, on 17 November 2015 - 11:16 AM, said:

Very good patch. Right direction with voting but will need more adjustments for sure. Good to see hitbox changes. Viva la PTS!

So.. when is there going to be a sound design pass? MWO still feels beta in the sound department e.g. most AC sounds sound like someone banging pots in their back yard (not even recorded artillery like in World of Tanks), lasers sound like 80's public domain scifi, environmental sounds are minimal. Maps feel like lifeless game levels and less like natural /alien environments. The same triggered sounds used on almost every map (same old rocks falling). Other sounds like shell ejection, PPC recharge, Gauss charge up.. all sound like place holders. The visceral pleasure (audio reward) of pulling the trigger in MWO is lacking compared to most other games. (SideStrafe called this "lack of talent" similar to past issues when MWO maps used too few / repetitious low res textures.) 50% of a game's basic experience and connection to the player is the sound. MWO is a beautiful game but alot of enjoyment and immersion is being left out due to beta-level sound design. Please put this on your schedule. - Thanks

Interesting thoughts on sound, you don't really notice it a lot of the time but good sound does have a pretty emotional effect. The THQ Space Marine game had some of the best autocannon sounds I've ever heard. Holy hell that thing was satisfying to use! Sadly it was only in single player (when you rip the mount off a terrain piece) and not in multiplayer.

Overall that game actually had a really good feel to it. It definitely had its flaws, but the game had impact in a lot of ways, like that autocannon sound effect.

#85 Polkastein

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:27 AM

So many whiners...

Looks like a good patch. Thanks PGI!

#86 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:29 AM

View Postpercolated1, on 17 November 2015 - 10:51 AM, said:

Unless they changed something and I missed it, NARC doesn't counter ECM at all. If the NARC'ed mech is bubbled, you can't lock them any better than any other bubbled mech. Agree otherwise, though, applying NARC is a very risky job that is greatly appreciated by the lurm boats, but very lightly rewarded by the game itself.

NARC the ECM carrier and shut down his bubble. That's how it works.

#87 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:29 AM

View Postpercolated1, on 17 November 2015 - 10:51 AM, said:

Unless they changed something and I missed it, NARC doesn't counter ECM at all. If the NARC'ed mech is bubbled, you can't lock them any better than any other bubbled mech. Agree otherwise, though, applying NARC is a very risky job that is greatly appreciated by the lurm boats, but very lightly rewarded by the game itself.

If you NARC a mech with ECM, it both reveals the NARC'd mech and disrupts its ability to cover other mechs with ECM in the process. It's a big deal, untill they nerf ECM.

#88 Tannhauser Gate

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:31 AM

View PostJosef Koba, on 17 November 2015 - 11:21 AM, said:

I'd be interested in seeing what they come up with if this is ever put on the schedule, but other than the PPCs I don't have much of a problem with weapon sounds. And I love the sound of the LBs. If I recall correctly they did change a lot of the weapon sounds...maybe two years ago? Can't remember the exact period, but I'm pretty sure they did change them. Which I'm assuming meant they were what they intended the weapons to sound like. Still, it's always good to modernize where appropriate.

I like the LB sounds too. Over all though, the sounds are "adequate" with a few inspiring exceptions such as LBs. I realize that sound is not a priority for some players, Im not even a sound guy. MWO is a FUN game with beautifully reimagined mechs, intense game play, and glorious new maps. All of it though is missing immersive sound design. I hope PGI gets around to updating them.

Edited by LakeDaemon, 17 November 2015 - 11:55 AM.

#89 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:33 AM

DAMN the KING looks good with the Phranken!!!

The GRID IRON is now a hero, 'bout time!

Edited by DAYLEET, 17 November 2015 - 11:42 AM.

#90 UndeadEdd

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:39 AM

View PostDomenoth, on 17 November 2015 - 11:24 AM, said:

Yeah, that's not what what you were told. What you were told is that you are in the minority because you don't like the voting system. You are in the minority because you came to the forums to complain about occasionally having to play conquest. Most people give zero ****. Most people are willing to play an occasional conquest game because they realize other people really like it and focusing on other people's needs, not just your own, is widely recognized as a sign of "a good person" as opposed to "a spoiled brat".

So yes, you are in what appears to be (and what I fervently hope truly is) the minority.

Nice points about the "other people's needs", Karl Marx, but this isn't a real-life situation. This is just a computer game. People should not consider "other people's needs" because, guess what, those people can also have their "needs" fulfilled, without forcing everyone to play their game mode. Your comment makes no sense at all. How were "other people's needs" compromised before this enforcement method? Why should some people be forced to play game modes they don't want? Does it make sense that a person would come to a basketball game and be forced to play football instead while being told, "don't worry, after a few games you'll be able to force the others to play basketball".

#91 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:40 AM

One could imagine if the Vote haters could pick BOTH their favorite Map and their favorite Mode, what would they have left to complain about? Oh snap, I know. They would whine about how long it takes for them to now get a GD Match now that they have their "Meta Mech" on their "Meta Map" running their "Meta mode"... LOL!

Oh, almost forgot, and how the MM ruined everything. ;)

#92 wicm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 115 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:43 AM

I like 98% of this patch,but there still is that one thing....game mode. " Listened to feedback", I think not. I WONT PLAY CAPQUEST!!!!!! Many others are like me. standing in boxes is for newbs, and less skilled pilots. that being said the new guys who like CRAPQUEST also suffer at the hands of people like me..set them free. Give us back the vote in the start screen like we had. PS you do know there was a vote taken on the forums???? Did you see the results???? "listened to feed back???

Pss..this has had one good outcome Community Wait fare has gotten more busy.

Edited by wicm, 17 November 2015 - 11:46 AM.

#93 smokefield

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Locationalways on

can the end screen be made a toggle ? i prefer to see the team statistics first.

#94 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

View PostUndeadEdd, on 17 November 2015 - 11:39 AM, said:

Nice points about the "other people's needs", Karl Marx, but this isn't a real-life situation. This is just a computer game. People should not consider "other people's needs" because, guess what, those people can also have their "needs" fulfilled, without forcing everyone to play their game mode. Your comment makes no sense at all. How were "other people's needs" compromised before this enforcement method? Why should some people be forced to play game modes they don't want? Does it make sense that a person would come to a basketball game and be forced to play football instead while being told, "don't worry, after a few games you'll be able to force the others to play basketball".

The relationship seems to be that those who could uncheck modes also seemed to be quite outspoken about "wait times" and getting "Noob hordes" forced on them by the MM after it had to release the valves so they could not play a Mode...

Some folks just don't want to be happy about anything. :)

Edited by Almond Brown, 17 November 2015 - 11:45 AM.

#95 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:48 AM

Needed:

Thunderbolt bundle
Wolverine bundle

Lots of CB reward increases except Kill Most Damage Dealt, trying to change from the most often, "Kill 'em all," mentality?

Election Rigging and Political Corruption are slowly being introduced into this game through Map & mode vote.

#96 Tannhauser Gate

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:49 AM

View PostLuscious Dan, on 17 November 2015 - 11:25 AM, said:

Interesting thoughts on sound, you don't really notice it a lot of the time but good sound does have a pretty emotional effect. The THQ Space Marine game had some of the best autocannon sounds I've ever heard. Holy hell that thing was satisfying to use! Sadly it was only in single player (when you rip the mount off a terrain piece) and not in multiplayer.

Overall that game actually had a really good feel to it. It definitely had its flaws, but the game had impact in a lot of ways, like that autocannon sound effect.

I cant agree more. THQ Space Marines is an excellent example of epic sound design and Ive said before that MWO would be X10 more immersive and enjoyable with Space Marines' level of sound design (especially the voice comms effects). I would be happy though with MWO's current teamspeak comms and WoT level of sounds - realistic weapons and layers of environmental sounds.

#97 UndeadEdd

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:51 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 17 November 2015 - 11:43 AM, said:

The relationship seems to be that those who could uncheck modes also seemed to be quite outspoken about "wait times" and getting "Noob hordes" forced on them by the MM after it had to release the valves so they could not play a Mode...

Some folks just don't want to be happy about anything. :)

That relationship exists only in your mind because it's easier for you to "bunch up" all the "nay sayers" into one group and just dismiss them. I for one would rather wait for a 1-3 minutes to find a match rather than be forced to play a game mode that I don't want because otherwise I would have wasted 5-10 minutes, instead.
"Some folks just don't want to be happy about anything" - that's also a very simplistic outlook on the world. Do you really think that people just "choose" to be unhappy with something? Are people machines now? The fact that there are good things in this game that I like doesn't exempt the game from criticism.

Edited by UndeadEdd, 17 November 2015 - 11:54 AM.

#98 wicm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 115 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:57 AM

I Spoke toooo soon just had a Community Warfare match and my mech select screen shows all of my mechs as destoid from the very first drop. On top of that It will not let me pick my next mech. please fix. As an aside this little bug dose not piss me off enough to make me stop playin, but being forced to play CrapQuest still will.

#99 meteorol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 12:06 PM

You broke picking mechs after dying in CW. It says destroyed for all of even at the beginning of the match. you can't chose which one you want use after dying.

#100 Domenoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 461 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 12:11 PM

Nice points about the "other people's needs", Karl Marx, but this isn't a real-life situation. This is just a computer game. People should not consider "other people's needs" because, guess what, those people can also have their "needs" fulfilled, without forcing everyone to play their game mode.

Because, as Russ has stated, the game can't grow with the previous system. They have additional game modes they want to implement that they can't because of the previous system. This is a change for the future of the game. When something stops working, you remove it and replace it with something else.

Your comment makes no sense at all.

It does when you look at the big picture instead of focusing myopically on yourself. It does when you realize that the old system was strangling any forward progress this game needs to make to survive.

How were "other people's needs" compromised before this enforcement method?

They weren't before the voting but with the voting, Conquest (which some people do like) became virtually non-existent which is why they made this additional change.

As I've elaborated above, the issue with the old system was stagnancy.

Why should some people be forced to play game modes they don't want? Does it make sense that a person would come to a basketball game and be forced to play football instead while being told, "don't worry, after a few games you'll be able to force the others to play basketball".

So you're going to complain that the minority is forcing you to play a game mode you don't want with an example where the majority has decided they want to play football but because you want to play basketball, everyone should play basketball?

Maybe you should use an accurate example. You go to a Basketball game and get mad because someone suggests you should play half-court because he's already played full-court for 2 hours and could use a slight rest. You're right. Instead of sucking it up and playing half-court for a game or two, you should just take your ball and go home.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users