192 replies to this topic

#21 vandalhooch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 891 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:57 PM

View PostTriordinant, on 25 November 2015 - 12:55 PM, said:

If you need that many people to carry you, you've already lost. 1 vs. 1 is the only true way to determine mechwarrior quality. Can't you win without backup?

Can't you suppress your personality enough to make a friend?

How exactly is playing without a team a sign of your skill at playing a team game?

#22 vandalhooch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 891 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:03 PM

View PostTriordinant, on 25 November 2015 - 12:55 PM, said:

If you need that many people to carry you, you've already lost. 1 vs. 1 is the only true way to determine mechwarrior quality. Can't you win without backup?

Winning a team vs. team match is the only way to determine quality of a team in a team game.

#23 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:04 PM

View Postvandalhooch, on 25 November 2015 - 12:57 PM, said:

How exactly is playing without a team a sign of your skill at playing a team game?

It's a sign of superior piloting and gunnery. I did say Solaris 1 vs 1, didn't I? No teams in a Solaris duel.

#24 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:06 PM

View PostTriordinant, on 25 November 2015 - 11:30 AM, said:

LOL, the only sure way to decide which mechwarrior is better is a 1 vs 1 match in 100% identical 'mechs down to the last point of armor and its location. Then we'll see who's got skill and who's only being carried by his team. Solaris can't come soon enough!

Skill in dueling and skill in live team vs. team matches are two completely separate areas. You can be a horrible duelist yet still be the guy carrying the rest of the team with 3000+ damage matches in CW.

#25 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:07 PM

View PostAresye Kerensky, on 25 November 2015 - 01:06 PM, said:

Skill in dueling and skill in live team vs. team matches are two completely separate areas. You can be a horrible duelist yet still be the guy carrying the rest of the team with 3000+ damage matches in CW.

I agree. That's why I specified a Solaris duel.

#26 vandalhooch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 891 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:08 PM

View PostTriordinant, on 25 November 2015 - 01:04 PM, said:

It's a sign of superior piloting and gunnery. I did say Solaris 1 vs 1, didn't I? No teams in a Solaris duel.

You are posting your e-peen Solaris challenge in the Community Warfare forum. In a thread that is whining about teams being too powerful in the team oriented game mode. And you've repeatedly ignored everything about discussing teamwork because you either don't have one or you are a terrible teammate.

Solaris mode would be a fun addition to the game. But, don't confuse your ability to be a selfish prig for being good at a team game.

#27 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:15 PM

View Postvandalhooch, on 25 November 2015 - 01:08 PM, said:

Solaris mode would be a fun addition to the game. But, don't confuse your ability to be a selfish prig for being good at a team game.

You must be in dire straits if you resort to name-calling. When Solaris comes out it'll be the only thing I'll play and I heard the prizes will be awesome. ;)

#28 vandalhooch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 891 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:19 PM

Did I only call you selfish? When I drop in the solo que or PUG in CW, I'm often a selfish prig of a pilot as well. I just don't confuse my success rate being a prig with being good at this team oriented game. I keep my ego in check.

Edited by vandalhooch, 25 November 2015 - 01:20 PM.

#29 vandalhooch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 891 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:22 PM

View PostTriordinant, on 25 November 2015 - 01:15 PM, said:

You must be in dire straits if you resort to name-calling. When Solaris comes out it'll be the only thing I'll play and I heard the prizes will be awesome. ;)

And most likely you'll get wrecked by some other pilots. Seriously, do you not see how inflated your ego is?

#30 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:36 PM

View Postvandalhooch, on 25 November 2015 - 01:22 PM, said:

And most likely you'll get wrecked by some other pilots. Seriously, do you not see how inflated your ego is?

How is being willing to put your skills to the test a sign of an inflated ego? If I'm not as good as I think I am, I'll lose. If I am as good as I think I am, I'll win. At least if I win it'll take much less time and the prizes will be much bigger.

#31 vandalhooch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 891 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:41 PM

View PostTriordinant, on 25 November 2015 - 01:36 PM, said:

How is being willing to put your skills to the test a sign of an inflated ego? If I'm not as good as I think I am, I'll lose. If I am as good as I think I am, I'll win. At least if I win it'll take much less time and the prizes will be much bigger.

Except, you don't actually think you will lose.

If your ego is so in check how come you aren't willing to put your team skills to the test?

#32 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:44 PM

View PostTriordinant, on 25 November 2015 - 01:36 PM, said:

Nobody cares how good you think you are. The reason you are in a thread discussing premade vs PUGs in CW is because you don't have any friends to play with. Your 1v1 abilities are completely irrelevant in a CW match where being a solo hero is counter-productive to winning. This mentality is EXACTLY why people PUG in CW and complain about getting stomped.

#33 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:51 PM

View Postpwnface, on 25 November 2015 - 01:44 PM, said:

This mentality is EXACTLY why people PUG in CW and complain about getting stomped.

I never PUG in CW so I have nothing to complain about.

#34 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:52 PM

View PostInsufficient Skill, on 25 November 2015 - 01:45 PM, said:

So, the youths you coach, say in baseball, compete against a Major League team, not playing nicely, but full tilt? And the youths don't have shoes but sandals? Congrats, you got it!

Not every 12 man in CW is a "Major League team".

If you got a bunch of random people and formed a random pick up team to play against a team that practices and plays basketball together once a week or more, chances are the the random pick up team will lose more often than not unless their players outskill the organized team by a large margin.

View PostTriordinant, on 25 November 2015 - 01:51 PM, said:

I never PUG in CW so I have nothing to complain about.

Then why are you even in a thread discussing PUG vs premade balance in CW?

#35 Famous

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 117 posts
  • LocationProbably stuck at work

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:57 PM

I'm going to second the notion that most PUGs that complain about units in CW are just soothing bruised egos. I'm a PUG, I drop CW with whatever group will have me, in the last event my W/L record was at least 2:1 and that included dropping with an 8 man and dropping with a complete PUG drop (no unit tags in common with the whole drop).

As long as you can say "oh there's no way to beat a premade" you don't have to admit to yourself that your piloting skills may be awesome in solo, but when it comes to an actual tactical fight they're just not at the level you want them to be.

I'm still fairly crap in CW, but I'm getting to where I don't need to be completely carried and with any luck during this event I can get my numbers up to the bottom of respectability. Do I expect to lose? Of course. Do I expect to win? Of course. The sooner you put away the premade boogie man the sooner you can analyze your failings in CW

#36 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:57 PM

View Postvandalhooch, on 25 November 2015 - 01:41 PM, said:

If your ego is so in check how come you aren't willing to put your team skills to the test?

Because team skills were never what I was talking about. I said Solaris duels and said so repeatedly.

#37 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:00 PM

View PostTriordinant, on 25 November 2015 - 01:57 PM, said:

Because team skills were never what I was talking about. I said Solaris duels and said so repeatedly.

Nobody gives a sh*t about your Solaris duel dude. Move on.
Community Warfare and MWO as a whole are TEAM games.

#38 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:04 PM

View Postpwnface, on 25 November 2015 - 02:00 PM, said:

Nobody gives a sh*t about your Solaris duel dude.

That guy obviously does. He can't stop posting about it. :lol:

#39 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:04 PM

View PostFamous, on 25 November 2015 - 01:57 PM, said:

I'm still fairly crap in CW, but I'm getting to where I don't need to be completely carried and with any luck during this event I can get my numbers up to the bottom of respectability. Do I expect to lose? Of course. Do I expect to win? Of course. The sooner you put away the premade boogie man the sooner you can analyze your failings in CW

I like this attitude a lot.

When I solo pug in CW (pretty rare for me) I expect to have a difficult time to win against a large premade group even if I am playing like an MWO god. Against a large premade of skilled pilots, chances of winning are really low if it's all rainbow pugs on my team. If you are going to solo in CW you have to accept that sometimes you will be matched against an organized, better team.Just do your best and sometimes you can still make a lot of c-bill even on a loss.

#40 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:06 PM

View PostKahnWongFuChung, on 25 November 2015 - 11:21 AM, said:

Where did you get such a delusional idea?

Look at what has happened to MWO since Closed Beta (1,000,000 player uninstall game)a game with huge potential wasted by Devs and staff that are running a 30 watt light bulb for a brain and not a 100 watt bulb.

And players like you championing 12 man groups that in fact limit the games potential and drive away new players all the time. PGI could have segregated CW like the solo MM for 12 mans and pugs and it would have been just fine for CW and players to have huge fun and give the 12 man premade teams the ability to recruit new players and drop in a lobby system.

But no lets drive 1,000,000 player and possible payers to uninstall the game and lets let the premade groups drive away what's left of the casual players also. Players like you are like the Devs just Fing brain dead.

You are brain dead if you think your little solution here would help CW. We need a player base an order of magnitude greater than has every graced this game in order to split the queues. Consequences people. They are a thing.

Basically: If you want to solo rambo/do whatever you want, play the solo queue. If you want to work with a team to capture planets and have an impact on the galaxy map, get ready to talk to people and coordinate. If you are dropping with someone who knows that they are talking about, try listening to their suggestions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users