Autumn Harvest Double Xp And Personal Challenge Event

119 replies to this topic

#21 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 07:36 PM

How do we get the Mode bonuses easy with voting in place?
This is why I was against Mode Voting.

#22 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 24 November 2015 - 07:39 PM

Commence mech mastering:

Spoiler

#23 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:01 PM

That is one hugely awesome pile of rewards. I don't know if I'll have enough play time between the event start and the end of the month to get it all, but I'll probably give it a decent run.

EDIT: I just realized . . . despite the fact that I'm not putting money into MWO right now (Please, PGI, fix Flamers so I can throw money at you people), if I get the 500MC rewards from both game modes I'll be able to pick up an X-5 by combining those earnings with the MC I've already got from Halloween and the last CW event. That'll make a nice complement for leveling the 3F(L). Then I'll only need to decide on which c-bill Cicada I wish to get. At least I now know what my primary objectives are.

Edited by Sereglach, 25 November 2015 - 10:01 AM.

#24 Talos7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 130 posts
  • LocationCesspool that is post 2016 Washington DC

Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:21 PM

Love it!
Need me some new colors to splash on my 'mechs!

#25 Racersky

• PipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:55 PM

Looks interesting enough, nice rewards. Just 1 tiny teensy concern...The voting process. Is
there a way we can suspend the current voting selection and reinstitute the previous selection? Instead of waiting x8 or x12 to play the mode I need? Thank in advanced

#26 Tahawus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 189 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 10:07 PM

View PostCharlie Pohr, on 24 November 2015 - 06:52 PM, said:

Love the event, but the victory requirement is poorly thought out. Requiring 3 victories for Skirmish is just going to result in majority votes for it at some point to the exclusion of Conquest and Assault.

I'm starting to think that whoever comes up with these events has a serious lack of foresight. Have you not learnt anything from previous events about putting in conditions outside of an individual player's control?

Edit: To be fair, at least the reward of a day of Premium is one that I don't mind if I fail in though.

It's not out of your control, it's just not instant gratification. If you need a mode, keep voting for it, and keep playing, pretty soon your vote weight will be getting high enough that you'll get what you want. You can also be pretty sure that others will be wanting it too if you are.

The 3/2/1 will be easy to achieve.

#27 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 24 November 2015 - 10:46 PM

View PostTahawus, on 24 November 2015 - 10:07 PM, said:

it's just not instant gratification. If you need a mode, keep voting for it,

I like how people who get what they want all the time tell the others it's fine if they don't.

#28 Diddi Doedel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 195 posts
  • LocationCologne, Germany

Posted 24 November 2015 - 10:58 PM

Great event. Thanks for it in advance! Will Love to harvest all the awards !

#29 Tuis Ryche

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 324 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 11:00 PM

View PostRacersky, on 24 November 2015 - 09:55 PM, said:

Looks interesting enough, nice rewards. Just 1 tiny teensy concern...The voting process. Is
there a way we can suspend the current voting selection and reinstitute the previous selection? Instead of waiting x8 or x12 to play the mode I need? Thank in advanced

Suspend this voting **** forever and go back to the previous method of pre-selected modes and random maps.

Hell, I'll compromise. Pre-selected modes and map voting. I don't give a **** what map I'm on, just stop forcing me to play all of the modes. Make the modes better and I'll select them.

#30 Polkastein

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 24 November 2015 - 11:35 PM

Not sure how the voting for modes came about (I certainly didn't think it was an issue), but I don't care for the map/mode voting.

#31 Tahawus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 189 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 11:44 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 24 November 2015 - 10:46 PM, said:

I like how people who get what they want all the time tell the others it's fine if they don't.

Nice ad hominem attack....does it make you feel like you've accomplished something?

Whining about one aspect of a very generous weekend's sale and challenge is really petty, and costs you credibility when you try to bring up points about problems that actually matter to the game.

I've probably played less than 10 matches since the patch, and I try to rotate through modes. I've been able to get all of the modes I wanted within a few matches, and done so with reduced search times and what seem to me, better overall performance from the MM in the pug queue.

I've also got a fairly strong background in optimization algorithms (admittedly in a specialized field), so I recognize why it benefits the game over all to have fewer hard limits placed on the match making.

Have fun with the game, that is why you play it isn't it? This weekend will be a good one.

#32 Tuis Ryche

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 324 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 11:48 PM

I *had* fun with the game, until some shitbird introduced mode voting.

#33 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:33 AM

Nice event, thank you PGI. Though I'm afraid, it will - as always - have a negative impact on player behaviour.

My idea: Create events that actually (and only!) promote teamplay, as in, you know, a team-based shooter, contrary to all the personal challenges which promote individual prowess and try-hard behaviour. That would maybe also a good idea for the coming steam launch.

Edited by PFC Carsten, 25 November 2015 - 12:35 AM.

#34 POWR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 553 posts
  • LocationAarhus, Denmark

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:48 AM

Nice event. Will definitely play.

<Mandatory inclusion of opinion of voting in the post.> I don't care one way or the other. All game modes are fine, and most players don't want anything but killing other players anyway. </opinion>

#35 Kotev

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 165 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:11 AM

Thank you PGI. You are the best!

#36 aGentleWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 254 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:15 AM

awesome event! my wife will hate me

#37 Deadeeye

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 64 posts
  • LocationStuck on a branch in Viridian Bog

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:18 AM

I love the "cumulative" aspect. Even if I get rolled over by the enemy team, I still at least accumulate damage or other points.

#38 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:53 AM

Gamemode voting is a non-issue here. Still people take the chance to whine about it.

#39 QuulDrah

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 181 posts
  • LocationAachen

Posted 25 November 2015 - 03:11 AM

thanks! a lot! +1 for learning that cumulative achievements result in less player frustration. another +1 for actually applying the knowledge! :)

...Titanium White...
you really have a color Titanium White? :D
this is a bob ross reference, right?

#40 Mike McSullivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 556 posts
  • LocationHannover, Germany

Posted 25 November 2015 - 03:28 AM

Absolute fantastic event!
Now, my problem is: 3 family-birthdays in the next 5 days. I hope i find time to drop in between shopping and partying ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users