#61 Bregor Edain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 263 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:29 PM

View PostK19, on 25 November 2015 - 05:47 AM, said:

20 000 xp = 500mc is true????

It is 400 MC. For every MC spend you get 50 GXP.

I like this event and for those that are concerned about the voting system getting in the way of their premium time... Really, can you not find something else to whine about? Sure you might not like the system but it does not impair you from getting the required victories in a reasonable time. It goes in order of how people favour the game modes anyway (skirmish > assault > conquest).

#62 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 05:23 PM

I haven't really played much since map/mode voting went in, but this really hammers home how the game is just Skirmish 24/7 now. I have every single solo queue challenge complete except for the single game of Conquest and one of the two games I need in assault completed. It's just skirmish skirmish skirmish every single time. The one Conquest game I got, we lost, there's just nothing that can be done about it.

#63 Famous

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 117 posts
  • LocationProbably stuck at work

Posted 25 November 2015 - 05:37 PM

View Postaniviron, on 25 November 2015 - 05:23 PM, said:

I haven't really played much since map/mode voting went in, but this really hammers home how the game is just Skirmish 24/7 now. I have every single solo queue challenge complete except for the single game of Conquest and one of the two games I need in assault completed. It's just skirmish skirmish skirmish every single time. The one Conquest game I got, we lost, there's just nothing that can be done about it.

Must be a higher tier thing then. I've dropped four times today 3 Assault, 1 Skirmish. And really if you're getting Skirmish that often you're either voting for it yourself or you should have enough weighted vote built up to force an Assault or Conquest.

Edited by Famous, 25 November 2015 - 05:37 PM.

#64 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 05:48 PM

View PostFamous, on 25 November 2015 - 05:37 PM, said:

Must be a higher tier thing then. I've dropped four times today 3 Assault, 1 Skirmish. And really if you're getting Skirmish that often you're either voting for it yourself or you should have enough weighted vote built up to force an Assault or Conquest.

I've never once voted for skirmish, I find it uninteresting (not that any of the game modes are all that interesting, they're all essentially deathmatch). Vote weighting doesn't seem to matter much since it's always a landslide for skirmish, and the three or four times my weight has built up enough to matter, well, winning and losing is always a coin flip.

#65 Famous

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 117 posts
  • LocationProbably stuck at work

Posted 25 November 2015 - 05:57 PM

Entirely possible you'll see that shift as the event progresses and people need that Assault or Conquest win to finish out. I've seen more instances of Assault and Conquest since the voting was introduced than before when it was random, so I'm definitely a fan.

But you are right half the time it does feel like game mode doesn't matter because it comes down to first to 12 kills. I'm not sure how they could fix that though, they're fairly standard FPS game modes, but with no respawn each team has the option to push a kill advantage for the kill win faster than the cap win

#66 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts
  • LocationThe Motion Lounge

Posted 25 November 2015 - 07:09 PM

View PostBregor Edain, on 25 November 2015 - 02:29 PM, said:

I like this event and for those that are concerned about the voting system getting in the way of their premium time... Really, can you not find something else to whine about? Sure you might not like the system but it does not impair you from getting the required victories in a reasonable time. It goes in order of how people favour the game modes anyway (skirmish > assault > conquest).

Some people can always do that.

#67 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts
  • LocationThe Motion Lounge

Posted 25 November 2015 - 07:12 PM

Not really...but it must be admitted a lot of people do like skirmish....For some unknown reason.

#68 Tuis Ryche

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 324 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 12:21 AM

Wow, nice event...how ******* ironic is it that the mode I prefer happens to be the last I can get the win in because some ******* **** thought it would be a brilliant ******* idea to implement a ******* voting system on the game mode?

Did the multitude of ******* asterisks adequately convey my ******* disappointment with this 'feature'?

#69 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 26 November 2015 - 12:35 AM

Great challenge. Thank you.

#70 Dodger79

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,552 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 26 November 2015 - 01:14 AM

The problem is not the voting system itself, because with the new weighted voting it is possible to get "your" game mode after a quite short time. The problem is all the players that don't participate in that single match you were able to get and making the victory nearly impossible. I do not say that it is this way always, but it happens.

#71 Tuis Ryche

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 324 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 01:28 AM

No, the problem is the voting on the mode that people play. Rather than incentivizing people to play certain modes via rewards or interesting modes, PGI has opted to shove everyone in the same bucket and, like ceaser, wash their hands by saying that the players are choosing.

Yay, "choice".

#72 Diddi Doedel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 195 posts
  • LocationCologne, Germany

Posted 26 November 2015 - 02:52 AM

I think he meant that you need to gain 20.000 xp in the public queue and be awarded with 500 MC, not the exchange of MechXP to General XP by paying MC.

And yes, it is true. Got both chunks of 500 MC for the 20.000 xp in public queue and the 40.000 xp in CW.
With the double-xp being active, its easy as cake.

#73 Diddi Doedel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 195 posts
  • LocationCologne, Germany

Posted 26 November 2015 - 02:56 AM

View PostTuis Ryche, on 26 November 2015 - 01:28 AM, said:

No, the problem is the voting on the mode that people play. Rather than incentivizing people to play certain modes via rewards or interesting modes, PGI has opted to shove everyone in the same bucket and, like ceaser, wash their hands by saying that the players are choosing.

Yay, "choice".

The problem rather is that some people have a sincere dislike for the one or other game mode for, at least to me, unknown reasons. You get quite a lot more money in Conquest Mode than in Skirmish, and even Assault pays substantially better than Skirmish. That it mostly ends still being Skirmish with additional features results from how people play those other modes. They often are really surprised, and even sometimes rather angry, when the game is won by achieving the objectives, namely capping enough resource points or capturing the enemy base.
Well, it's not really my problem if they don't understand the difference in the various game modes and play everone just the same.

#74 FlipOver

• Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 26 November 2015 - 04:23 AM

I want to show my support for this event with this post.

There is just one thing I don't like about it:
The reward for KILL count is too good and this brings out some moronic play from people (blocking shots to the enemy just to get the killing blow) but I suppose we can't fix that behavior. All PGI could do, in order to minimize it a bit in a next event, is to give a "less good" reward compared to other objectives (a possible solution follows below).
This is just my pov, don't want to start a debate about how kills are important and what-not.

Now, what I like about this event:
  • It's for both CW and Solo, group or not.
  • The amount of victories for solo game modes is accurate according to the past experience from the new voting system
  • The premium time associated with each of these victories is great to help getting more XP and CBills for the other objectives. Very well done!
  • The damage and match score rewards are good, I would just suggest a switch of reward between the KILLS reward and the MATCH SCORE. But that's how I'd do things.
  • As pugs are concerned, between Solo and CW there are plenty of objectives to achieve, making this challenge what it really is, a challenge for most pugs.
  • Most of the objectives have an achievable goal, if some tweak is needed, would be minor.
  • Regarding CW however, the KILL reward is a bit more on par with the match score but I'd switch them also to better show the importance of making a good game compared to getting kill shots. But it's not bad as it is.
Overall, this is a great Event and I thank you PGI for choosing something as interesting as the objectives versus rewards and the objective goals versus difficulty to achieve them for most pugs, the way you did!

Edit - One more thing.
The MC and C-Bills boost people can get from this event paired with the other deals you (PGI) made, just makes this event even more interesting for everyone. So thank you again!

Edited by FlipOver, 26 November 2015 - 04:28 AM.

#75 percolated1

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 64 posts
  • LocationUpper left coast of the USA

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:45 AM

Love the event, thanks for all the swag. Still prefer the pre-voting checkboxes, but voting is not as bad now with voting weight as you can eventually get what you're in the mood for.

#76 Ano

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 637 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:57 AM

My experience was exactly the opposite. It took a lot of matches before I got three skirmish wins.

YMMV.

#77 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:24 AM

So, I'm not going to start a whole other thread, because I know it's pointless; and with the toxicity that I've seen from the community that thread would probably be trolled into obliteration.

With this event I'm happy, disgusted, sad, and angered all at the same time.

I'm happy that PGI put together such a classy event for the holidays that has such great rewards, and that I've already earned all but one of those rewards. I won't be wasting time on the last one, because it involves CW total match score.

I'm disgusted in the toxicity that runs rampant in this community, and how so many (note: not everyone, but certainly a large chunk) act towards so many players (especially the newer ones, or anyone not running "meta"). The ironic part is that with everything I put up with, so far, I'm still more than pulling my weight in games, and performing well above the mid-ground of whatever team I've been on.

I'm sad that I've spent the better part of a day in CW queues being insulted, belittled, and otherwise treated so poorly by the community . . . all for actually having convictions.

I'm angry that all of this has come from having a few flamers on my mechs. Not troll builds, but fully functional and combat-capable builds that have some flamers as support weapons. Seriously, PGI. This has all come because I'm sticking by my convictions on advocating that a frigging weapon, that's been promised a rework for 2 years now, still hasn't been fixed; and I refuse to stop running a weapon that I want to have fun with, because it is my personal favorite weapon in all of Battletech. Yet, by merely equipping a pair of flamers on a mech, I'm insulted, belittled, demeaned, and considered a worthless waste of tonnage for my team.

This . . . this is the kind of crap that led to me closing my wallet until that weapon system gets fixed. Despite the awesome event, and despite the awesome sale, I'm not spending a dime.

Hell, this post will probably still be trolled to oblivion, but at least I'm getting it off my chest, because the toxicity was rapidly leading to craptastic experiences when trying to have fun for the holiday.

So, as a closing note . . . thanks to the toxic elements in the community for working to ruin the enjoyment of the event for myself, and probably others that you treat so poorly. Remember, the community will have just as big of an impact on how well MWO does on Steam as the game itself has.

#78 Hydrocarbon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 659 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 10:55 AM

This free stuff is TOO HARD TO GET!!!!11

Thanks PGI, I'm liking the cumulative events. I easily made 20+ mil while "grinding" in CW. The only problem: MC begets MechBays, which begets new mechs, which begets mech grinding...

To borrow from El Bandito:
Posted Image

Edited by Hydrocarbon, 26 November 2015 - 10:55 AM.

#79 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 26 November 2015 - 02:09 PM

View PostTuis Ryche, on 26 November 2015 - 01:28 AM, said:

That was Pontius Pilate who washed his hands of your messiah. He was a Prefect not an Imperator, Consul or Praetor. Let me guess you heard it the last time you visited church, maybe for Easter?

#80 SourKraut

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 02:14 PM

So after stating that there will be no more game mode specific events due to (forced upon us) game mode voting PGI gives us a game mode specific event! If it wasn't for this (forced on us) voting system I would say this is an awesome event, easy to finish (select conquest, play until a victory, select assault, play until 2 victories, select skirmish play until 3 victories and by then done)...but with this voting system in place I have played 15+ games that I wouldn't need to because I can't get a conquest game (never mind a victory). Even with a 4x multiplier I still can't convince the 23 other random people I play with (and yes I play public que, solo or "pug"...no group play and no CW until CE has some substance) to want to vote conquest but even more frustrating is if conquest isn't one of the mode options to vote on I have no desire to play the game because all I need to finish the challenge at this point is a conquest win. Yeah it is just one day premium time and yes I am grateful for the event and the chance to get things for free but I am so sick of wasting time and having my fun RUINED by game mode voting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users