119 replies to this topic

#81 Talos7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 130 posts
  • LocationCesspool that is post 2016 Washington DC

Posted 26 November 2015 - 11:39 PM

Love the event! Aside from the influx of pug scrubs who don't know how to play CW (its like herding ornery brain damaged cats out there), every thing is great!
I must also have the complete opposite experience than everyone else, i couldn't get a skirmish game at all this week. Took forever to complete that part. Cant imagine why everyone is whining so much about it...

#82 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 957 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 27 November 2015 - 03:45 AM

Nice event so far. Thanks PGI-

Finished the Quick PLay part (and voting was no problem),
so now i'm off to try my best at the CW part (just started playing CW last weekend :) ).

Greetings

el piro

#83 mikerso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 367 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 07:24 AM

Thanks PGI for the great event, it is a lot of fun.

I'd like to see everybody take the time to post their best, worst, or funniest moments that they have had in this event.

I'll go ahead and start with my best. It happened on Emerald Taiga and there were two dual gauss king crabs on our team. A bunch of clanners bottlenecked behind one of the generators in a hope to take cover. I watched as those two crabs moved in from either side of the generator, and the mayhem ensued. Appendages and kill confirmations soared while the clans behind the generator all met those two crabs.

Now my worst or funniest moment happened in a pug drop on frozen city night. I was in my Atlas which is a bit slower than other mechs. I ended up surrounded by three Ebon Jaguars. You can guess what happened, my mech went down pretty quickly. Our team ended up with one left, a cicada, running around for his life. When that cicada finally went down I noticed that he went down straightforward onto the back side of another mech. It took a minute but I realized that cicada was kissing the rosy cheeks of my Atlas. So the last image the was immortalized in that match is the image of a cicada going down into the back crack of my Atlas.

Thanks everybody and thanks PGI.

Edited by mikerso, 27 November 2015 - 07:36 AM.

#84 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 27 November 2015 - 07:53 AM

Finaly a 'Good' event that doesn't overly reward damage and kills although i'm seeing plenty of the event only LURM chicken-sh!t farmers in assault mechs. Still it at least yields some decent rewards the C-bill reward is helping me buy a filthy disgusting Timberwolf and the MC is providing a bay for it and the cool colour schemes are much appreciated.

Edited by mad kat, 27 November 2015 - 08:00 AM.

#85 Insufficient Skill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 08:23 AM

*nvm*

Edited by Insufficient Skill, 19 January 2016 - 02:33 PM.

#86 Ano

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 637 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 27 November 2015 - 08:32 AM

View PostSereglach, on 26 November 2015 - 08:24 AM, said:

With this event I'm happy, disgusted, sad, and angered all at the same time.

I'm happy that PGI put together such a classy event for the holidays that has such great rewards, and that I've already earned all but one of those rewards.

I'm sad that I've spent the better part of a day in CW queues being insulted, belittled, and otherwise treated so poorly by the community . . . all for actually having convictions.

I'm angry that all of this has come from having a few flamers on my mechs. Not troll builds, but fully functional and combat-capable builds that have some flamers as support weapons.

Likewise, and for me, this and the previous event got me to play CW for the first time since Christmas and I've been having a whale of a time, but blessed blake, that last bit sucks. The presence of a flamer on an otherwise effective-weapons loadout does not instantly invalidate that mech+pilot's ability to contribute to the match. The presence of a Gauss+ERML loadout on a TBR does nothing to guarantee that its pilot will be in front-towards-enemy mode.

#87 Pz_DC

• Staff Sergeant
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 09:27 AM

Sad to say but CW was, is and will be unplayble stupid thing untill you will make it 4-4 or drop pugs and groups in same match... sad to see cw event again, those hours to farm cw are pure pain in the ass for lonewolfes. Events that are unfriendly for lonewolfes = events that are unfriendly to 60% of players.. is that fine? dont think so...

P.S. Event goals are fine, in case you have grp to farm cw. And thatnks to keep events coming - even those painful cw-games are better then nothing.... BUT PLZ - fix CW before makes event for it!!!!!! -IMHO- ffa random matches are fine, but CW totally broken.

Edited by MGA121285, 27 November 2015 - 09:29 AM.

#88 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 27 November 2015 - 11:44 AM

I like this event (as all others, except special events for sold mechpacks. not fun for guys who didn't bought them), thanks PGI!
Got premium in public and went faction play, got most rewards first day (only IS, only pug. Not a single victory, but tons of fun. Mostly... Hope very much rebalance will make IS vs Clans more like fair fight...). Not sure what to do with Clan cockpit items, though they star looks like Warhammer Chaos symbol. Probably can use..
Bought myself a Sparky, named it "Rygel XVI" (Farscape joke). Shame, couldn't fit title "Dominar" there, 12 symbols are not enough for some names (damn, i feel for guys who can't fit "Princess Luna" :lol: . I know i couldn't).
Now i'll just enjoy fast matches in CW.. Shame only events can do such effect. (again - high hopes for rebalance and next phases...)
Wish you happy weekend, mechwarriors!

#89 ARM32

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 06:33 PM

Nice event, but, only for myself - too short. Maybe it's good to do "event multiply"? If u finish standard event - same (or x2) prize, for same tasks (or x2) . Or any hardcore prize in events with hardcor tasks (50k \ 100k XP, or 30k LP). Coz for new players it's hard to finish this event, but for hardcor players - easy.

#90 Aylek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 292 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 27 November 2015 - 10:46 PM

Love every single part of it. Future events might see a small downgrade in the quality of prizes, but it seems to me as if some kind of Black Friday bonus was thrown on top here. Well done!

#91 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 28 November 2015 - 03:02 AM

View PostMGA121285, on 27 November 2015 - 09:27 AM, said:

Sad to say but CW was, is and will be unplayble stupid thing untill you will make it 4-4 or drop pugs and groups in same match... sad to see cw event again, those hours to farm cw are pure pain in the ass for lonewolfes. Events that are unfriendly for lonewolfes = events that are unfriendly to 60% of players.. is that fine? dont think so...

P.S. Event goals are fine, in case you have grp to farm cw. And thatnks to keep events coming - even those painful cw-games are better then nothing.... BUT PLZ - fix CW before makes event for it!!!!!! -IMHO- ffa random matches are fine, but CW totally broken.

you're playing an MMO. joining a unit and playing with buddies is the POINT of CW. you don't like it, don't play CW.

#92 Herr Vorragend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 582 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 November 2015 - 05:55 AM

Thanx for the cool event, pgi :) I enjoy it pretty much! Good matches and fine prices :)

#93 DiabloSix

• PipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 52 posts
  • LocationInfernal Regions

Posted 28 November 2015 - 06:15 AM

Good event PGI. CW was packed.

#94 jper4

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 06:23 AM

I liked this event. goals weren't too "must play 100 games in three days to get everything" like some of the other ones, and offered a little bit of everything for everyone. plus bonus classy urbie item :)

#95 Ataboy

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 November 2015 - 09:10 AM

Very generous PGI. Thanks!!

#96 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 06:30 PM

an event where winning or losing in CW doesn't matter, so you don't feel like you just wasted 45 minutes when you lose a match.

This is probably the best way to get pugs into CW (which you want), now if only you could apply the same logic to the reward system in CW instead of continuously buffing the win bonus as a carrot. Win bonus doesn't matter if you just not winning period.

#97 Dukat281

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 66 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 12:14 AM

I love this event.
Especially the gifts like FREE COLORS. :wub:

#98 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 29 November 2015 - 05:51 AM

I just noticed I was earning some extra "Event XP" after every match.

That's a nice welcomed addition. Thank you.

#99 Jae Hyun Nakamura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 288 posts
  • LocationMarburg

Posted 29 November 2015 - 07:27 AM

Gerting stuff in MWO has never been so easy. Nice event, minimal wait times and a crowded CW.

Ty PGI.

#100 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 08:23 AM

Really good event. B) CW went from, at times, an almost deserted zone, to a constantly fluent gaming one.To get 4 free colors and double 500 mc chunk was awesome. What got me hooked too was to reach all cockpit items, modules and c-bills. PGI knows what we want, thanks !

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users