#81 Kalamity27

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 145 posts
  • LocationEST

Posted 30 November 2015 - 06:02 PM

Holy patch size!

Looking forward to the changes. Please keep up the good work and thanks for the monthly road maps.

#82 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 06:27 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 30 November 2015 - 04:55 PM, said:

[/i][/i]So nerfing the clans again eh? Guess we clanner should pack out bags and either join IS or Leave it seems to me like were not welcome here even in our own territory,You do realize that the more you nerf clans the more of us are gonna leave the game. If you truley want sales on any future Clan mechs PGI. STOP NERFING CLANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

people have already asked for refunds on their mechs you want more???

Really dude. If I take out your Right or Left torso on ANY Clan mech with XL you keep coming.
You take out ANY IS mech with an XL we are dead. even in good old table top you would suffer +10 heat every turn +5 for each engine hit. so your mechs lose some performance big deal.
In all reality if the engine in your car gets damaged I loses performance.

#83 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 30 November 2015 - 06:37 PM

Though this isn't a ICE type engine we're talking about we're talking about Fusion reactors.

though that's not what i'm mad about..
Still i'd rather take the heat efficiency loss they had in mind before hand

Edited by KursedVixen, 30 November 2015 - 06:42 PM.

#84 Nephoros Sradac

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 74 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Mad Dog (Vulture)!

Posted 30 November 2015 - 06:45 PM

What a Joke...... Thanks PGI.

#85 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 06:47 PM

With all these nerfs the next clan wave better be darn close to free, if not free

Edited by KursedVixen, 30 November 2015 - 06:47 PM.

#86 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts
  • LocationClan Ghost Bear Occupation Zone.

Posted 30 November 2015 - 06:50 PM

Wow, another Cbill boost for Cadets? You might as well just let new players pick out one mech to have for free when they create their accounts.

#87 A Villain Behind Glasses

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 06:52 PM

View Postfreud2b, on 30 November 2015 - 05:53 PM, said:

What, are you crazy !!! Nerf Twist and speed tweak :blink: ,you'll kill the already Assault mechs and very slow as atlas, Direwolf, king crab, Zeus, Battlemaster! With that, under dynamic throughout the game why?

There is no balance in this ? it's a massacre :o !

The is really too much, if you do this, I stop Mwo :(

^ This.

I mostly pilot light 'mechs, and I'm a little worried that some of the less agile assault and heavy 'mechs will no longer have any chance of turning themselves around fast enough to save themselves from my Locust.

The Dire Wolf, King Crab et al are already at a bit of a disadvantage in lose quarters versus a light 'mech... I'm concerned that these changes might make things unfair/unfun.

#88 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 06:55 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 30 November 2015 - 06:47 PM, said:

With all these nerfs the next clan wave better be darn close to free, if not free

Clan mechs are the red-headed stepchildren of MWO.

#89 Cricent

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 06:56 PM

the game is balance as it is. can we focus on more game modes..... like search and destroy ? or recon ? bots ai to play against ? or unlimted drops with our mechs for 30 mins in team death match or death match and etc ?

#90 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 06:58 PM

View PostAki Shin III, on 30 November 2015 - 06:52 PM, said:

^ This.

I mostly pilot light 'mechs, and I'm a little worried that some of the less agile assault and heavy 'mechs will no longer have any chance of turning themselves around fast enough to save themselves from my Locust.

The Dire Wolf, King Crab et al are already at a bit of a disadvantage in lose quarters versus a light 'mech... I'm concerned that these changes might make things unfair/unfun.

I hope that the fragile, vulnerable new players do not decide to pilot Assault mechs, especially Clan Assaults.

#91 Talos7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 130 posts
  • LocationCesspool that is post 2016 Washington DC

Posted 30 November 2015 - 06:58 PM

Since I jump back and forth between the factions its pretty easy to see why some of these changes happened.
Clan XL Engines needed, or deserved rather, this. Yes, its going to suck to get used to it now after a year or so of playing without a penalty. But, it makes sense since the whole 'Mech loses part of its engine yet doesn't flat out die (like IS XL 'Mechs).
SRM and SSRM speeds also needed this increase. Damn things always seem to float like a lackadaisical butterfly at the target and only hit if your close enough to poke the enemy in the eyes. Lights, hold on to your butts.
Gauss Rifle... I think its too long of a cool down, maybe a happy medium between the two. I don't like it but I'm glad that it applies to all Gauss Rifles in the game.
Changes to heat sinks? I'm still confused on the outcome... Clans dissipate faster now? IS has a bump if running singles? I look forward to someone doing the math on this one....

The only one i really don't agree with is raising the amount of heat in IS 'Mechs and lowering the heat threshold in Clan 'Mechs as much as they did. IS don't need the higher threshold, and the Clan 'Mechs reduction is just far too much over all. I get that its trying to cut down on laser vomit builds in clans, but why does it seem to end up promoting the already heavily used IS laser vomit builds? 0.o

#92 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 07:03 PM

ah I see what you are talking about now KursedVixen.
I only seen the Clan XL didn't see the IS was getting a .1 boost with DH and clans were getting a -.3
I do agree with you that is BS.
If I'm reading that right a clan mech with DHS will shutdown before an IS mech with DHS right?

#93 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 07:05 PM

View PostThe Boneshaman, on 30 November 2015 - 07:03 PM, said:

ah I see what you are talking about now KursedVixen.
I only seen the Clan XL didn't see the IS was getting a .1 boost with DH and clans were getting a -.3
I do agree with you that is BS.
If I'm reading that right a clan mech with DHS will shutdown before an IS mech with DHS right?
Exactly that is my issue clan weapons do more heat, but that is usually offset by better heatsinks which are now worse heatsinks. the clan XL thing does kinda bug me ,but the bigger issue here is that -3 to heat sink capacity or whatever it is. This will greatly increase overheating for newer players using clan mechs and I'm not sure if the increase heat dissipation will help.

I really think PGI needs to literally start from scratch starting with the day that clan mechs dropped or even going before that to fix problems instead of doing what they are they have a public test server so why not use it to it's full potential and do a full revamp starting from scratch with BT rules?

also look at this spreadsheet I've worked up of Laser heat and damage values of MWO compared to tabletop using Sarna.net and Smurfy for the appropriate values

https://docs.google....t#gid=0&vpid=A1

you will see alot of problems and not just in clan weapons but IS as well.

X= lasers that don't exist or in the case of MWo are not in the game.

Edited by KursedVixen, 30 November 2015 - 07:11 PM.

#94 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 07:14 PM

I think having that the engine going slower is fair, considering we IS players don't even get a 2nd chance. I love the Jagermech, so I had to deal with the problem of being focused in a torso (which has given me bitter rage). The speed nerf the clanners have reminds me of MW2. Speed tweak is a big issue for me. I pilot locusts and KingCrabs very well, and If you nerf the speed tweak, this is good for light and bad for assaults (duh) No moar speeding cheerers! But, assault mechs SHOULD NOT be nerfed so much. I made a hart here about what the tweak increase should be:

Edited by Windscape, 30 November 2015 - 07:22 PM.

#95 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 07:23 PM

Assaults: 15%
Heavies: 10%
Mediums: 7.5%
Lights: 5%
Alternate:
Assaults: 10%
Heavies: 7.5%
Mediums: 5%
Lights 2.5%
1 moar:
Assaults: 15%
Heavies: 12.5%
Mediums: 8.5%
Lights: 5.5%

#96 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 30 November 2015 - 07:37 PM

Given, once again, the negative changes made to Clan mechs and weapons...

I will NEVER pay real money for anything related to this game ever again.

#97 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 30 November 2015 - 07:39 PM

Wonder if warhorns can also misfire when previewing? :P

How come they haven't fixed votes by hiding % results until timer is out?
...or by locking our vote once a selection is made?

#98 ET Penang

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 84 posts
  • LocationPenang: near Char Koay Teow, Nasi Lemak & Chandoi stalls

Posted 30 November 2015 - 07:59 PM

The speed tweak NERF applied to the assaults is heartbreaking! The slow Assault Mechs are already the biggest targets to hit, the nerf will just make assault obsolete in the early stage of the match..... :unsure:

#99 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 08:15 PM

View Postxlrdallas, on 30 November 2015 - 05:58 PM, said:

voting still in game , i vote not to play still ,see ya next month maybe

no problem with voting they just need to hide the votes so people cant stack votes on intentionally.

#100 xlrdallas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 100 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 08:22 PM

View PostFrost Lord, on 30 November 2015 - 08:15 PM, said:

no problem with voting they just need to hide the votes so people cant stack votes on intentionally.

well glad your happy, i will not play this game again till voting is gone , or russ an paul are working at mc donalds , where they can mess up burgers an fries

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users