47 replies to this topic

#41 PeeWrinkle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 384 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 05:43 AM

View PostTheLuc, on 14 December 2015 - 05:19 AM, said:

Why guys just don't put a heavy with max engine as the minimum or average for a med Mech is 81kph, I'm very sure these is some heavier Mechs with 81kph capabilities ? of course it will hit firepower but already carrying more armor could be a game changer.

In most cases putting a max engine in a heavy it not the same as running an 80+KPH medium mech. If you get a heavy going 81KPH in most cases it is not going to have the maneuverability of a medium going 81KPH. Also most InnerSphere heavies have engine caps set too low to get above 80KPH. Medium mechs are also a bit more XL friendly (in most cases at least), and in heavies you are most likely running a STD engine. There are a few heavies that take XLs well, but it is usually not advised, so maxing an engine in a heavy is going to cost you a lot of weapon tonnage. Not to mention if you like jump capable mechs you are going to be spending 1 ton per JJ versus a half a ton per JJ in a medium.

Not saying heavies aren't great mechs. They are, but for us who are addicted to medium mechs they are just not the same.

#42 jper4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 05:46 AM

Why guys just don't put a heavy with max engine as the minimum or average for a med Mech is 81kph, I'm very sure these is some heavier Mechs with 81kph capabilities ? of course it will hit firepower but already carrying more armor could be a game changer.

the problem with that is (i'm sure someone has the exact numbers/engine speed formula but I didn't feel like digging them out) you need a bigger engine in that heavy to get to the same 81kph a smaller engine can get you in a medium, so the extra tonnage allowed in the heavy gets used up by the bigger engine leaving you more or less the same firepower as a medium.

the heavy is a bigger target and seen as a higher priority target to shoot at so it can be hit easier and have more people shooting at it using up the extra armor quicker. an assault can ignore a medium for a short time if it wants. the same assault sees the heavy as a threat. generally from what I've seen people want the heavy because they can fit more weapons on it than a medium, not because they want to go fast. quickdraws might be the only heavy that could work in your scenario that I can think of but they aren't very popular

#43 Johny Rocket

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:35 AM

My uber meta Black Knights I run max Xl engines and the come in at 83kph and 89kph. They carry uber meta builds and are the most effective mechs I own for CW my Deck BL6KNTR, BL7KNT, BL7KNTL, and a Pirates bane for light rushing and ECM contribution.
With mediums I run xl engines and try to balance it so Im between 95-110kph. The Black Knights (currently my only heavy, had Orions and Jagers and said F these turds and sold them for mediums) are just clunking feeling, slower and I just don't enjoy them as much.
In pugs the Knights tend to get focused down a lot, specially the BL7KNT with its high mounted LPL and 6 mpl, so soon as the enemy sees what I brought its run or die, they won't let me near brawling range and occasionally will chase me all the way to the back of my lines(ends badly for them usually but thats how hated that build is)
In cw with better coordination they smash like a wrecking ball.

Mediums are the work horses of the BT Universe because they are so flexible in roles. And i live for the flank where most often Im fighting Lights and other fast mediums, all heavies lose their *** in that scenario.

#44 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 07:04 AM

if they ever put the viper in this game consider me a gonner.

#45 Tooth Fairy

• Pip
  • The Icon
  • The Icon
  • 19 posts
  • LocationFairyland

Posted 08 January 2016 - 01:51 PM

How to accurately self-diagnose your illness directly in MWO:

Posted Image

Please be advised that this doesn't reflect whether the disease is already on remission or becoming terminal.

#46 therealswilly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 139 posts
  • LocationNot Tellin' ya foo's

Posted 10 January 2016 - 11:55 PM

Hi. My name is Swilly.

I literally cannot stop talking about my HBK-4H.

#47 CD0UG

• PipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 91 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 04:53 PM

my name is CD0UG and i have a medium mech brawler obession

Current: Shadowhawk , Griffin
In progress, Hunchback
4th for drop ship: TBD, Need Assistance

#48 TimePeriod

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 548 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationI'm out gardening, back in 10.

Posted 15 January 2016 - 05:25 AM

Killing Floor
Then I turn on "Let the bodies hit the floor" and go to town.
Average out 4-800 damage.

UAC5 for potshots.
SRM's for close range.
MLS for everything.
Ive found that 4 mls overheats at the worst possible time, so I use 3.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users