#41 Ninjah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 307 posts
  • LocationComstar Lounge

Posted 04 December 2015 - 01:30 AM

View PostGoatHILL, on 04 December 2015 - 01:00 AM, said:

How about some torso twist for the BLR 1G.

Yes please, it can't twist at all!

View PostPFC Carsten, on 04 December 2015 - 01:01 AM, said:

Please. Fix. Arctic. Cheetah.

Thank you.

It feels like it's made of paper now. It was well balanced before IMO.

Edited by Ninjah, 04 December 2015 - 05:02 AM.

#42 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 04 December 2015 - 01:48 AM

Time to dust off the Adder... Posted Image Five medium pulse lasers or one large pulse with four mediums? Two large pulse and 3 smalls?

The only thing the Adder needs now (and rather badly) is an XL250... and an upgrade to 2 energy slots in the arms....

Edited by The Great Unwashed, 04 December 2015 - 01:50 AM.

#43 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 04 December 2015 - 01:53 AM

can you PLEASE give the Shadow Cat some buffs? Dont need to be huge, just a little. 10% heat gen would be fine, or maybe some laser duration, or, or..

#44 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 04 December 2015 - 02:13 AM

or more energy slots... or removable masc... or removable JJs... or no ghost heat for three ERLL...

Edited by The Great Unwashed, 04 December 2015 - 02:15 AM.

#45 Mordin Ashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 02:13 AM

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, YES!!!!!

Love for the Adder, finally!
Thank you PGI!

#46 Archie4Strings

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 659 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 02:19 AM

Thank you PGI for finally giving some strongly needed care to the summoner, my favorite Mech of all!!!
Also thanks for doing the same to the executioner, which was kind of fun to play, but still not viable enough (i was already thinking about to sell it :D)

Also thanks for taking care of the other Clan Mechs. Hopefully this brings some more variety among the piloted omnimechs!

This feels really good to me!

#47 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 04 December 2015 - 02:24 AM

View PostThe Great Unwashed, on 04 December 2015 - 02:13 AM, said:

or more energy slots... or removable masc... or removable JJs... or no ghost heat for three ERLL...

Well, since im extremely racist against C-ERLL - i simply refuse to use lasers with a duration longer than 1.15 seconds, ever (and i only go above 1 second since otherwise it wouldn't be possible to actually play Clan mechs lol. On IS mechs i wont use ERLLs without a 10% duration buff minimum) Id rather they didnt do the ghost heat thing for ERLL lol. Tbh it would still be crazy hot anyway (3xERLL is the same as 2xPPC which is what i use for exposure reasons, and that is TOASTY)

#48 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 04 December 2015 - 02:34 AM

I haven't user the ERLL at all since they moved the burn time to 2.0 seconds (and then back a bit to 1.5). It's such a waste of a weapon now... sadly... Removing ghost heat at 3 ERLL may actually help them a bit but I think I still wouldn't use them. The weapon may be 2 tons lighter than the large pulse laser but offers no appreciable range difference anymore and is just too slow to use...

#49 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 04 December 2015 - 02:34 AM

View PostKodiakGW, on 03 December 2015 - 08:45 PM, said:

No Acceleration /Deceleration love for the Urbie!

*sad face*

My condolences brother, but we will carry this hard burden with our Urbies regardless. Posted Image

#50 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 02:48 AM

Nova getting resized... Wonder what the Ice Ferret will get.

#51 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 04 December 2015 - 02:49 AM

View Postmariomanz28, on 03 December 2015 - 08:56 PM, said:

Meanwhile the Highlander HGN-733P still gets ballistic and gauss cooldown bonuses with ZERO ballistic slots.

Posted Image

But if it had it, you would fire gauss 5% faster!
I wish it had kinda 20% heat reduction on gauss too.

#52 SaltBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 04 December 2015 - 03:03 AM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 04 December 2015 - 01:01 AM, said:

Please. Fix. Arctic. Cheetah.

Thank you.

As in Fix do you mean Fixer breaks a Leg arm or maybe pelvis!

#53 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 04 December 2015 - 03:09 AM

View PostMordin Ashe, on 04 December 2015 - 02:48 AM, said:

Nova getting resized... Wonder what the Ice Ferret will get.

Yeah the Ice Ferret almost as big as a Centurion and the arms really could use a redesign so they do not have that banked mounted look. Nova needs the most help it should be super squat but being as knuckle dragger as it is any target under -50% cant will send your lasers into the dirt.

The CERLL was absolutely fun to use when first released would have been better to just knock 1 full damage point off and decrease the duration back to invasion level Back when the sound file matched the duration.

Edited by SaltBeef, 04 December 2015 - 03:11 AM.

#54 Tester128

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 03:17 AM

RIP blackjack, you were good for the whole 4 days

#55 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 04 December 2015 - 03:19 AM

I would like a logical explanation about why the IS gauss got nerfed like the clan version?

was it that OP?
it is already 3 tons heavier than the clan version. no mech other than some jaggers, Gridirons and king crabs could use it...

i really like a sane explanation.

#56 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 03:30 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 04 December 2015 - 03:19 AM, said:

I would like a logical explanation about why the IS gauss got nerfed like the clan version?

was it that OP?
it is already 3 tons heavier than the clan version. no mech other than some jaggers, Gridirons and king crabs could use it...

i really like a sane explanation.

Well, since IS Mechs can boat is about as much as Clan Mechs, I don't think the difference matters that much. Sane explanation would be that Gauss was kinda op or whatever.

#57 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,196 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 04 December 2015 - 03:45 AM

View PostMordin Ashe, on 04 December 2015 - 03:30 AM, said:

Well, since IS Mechs can boat is about as much as Clan Mechs, I don't think the difference matters that much. Sane explanation would be that Gauss was kinda op or whatever.

pretty much. I think the CD's mainly so it's harder to alpha with Gauss and something else. it's also possible (at least with the C-gauss) that it's done to discourage quad-gauss Dire Wolves since you're pretty much left with your ass hanging out in the breeze for the duration of the cooldown.

Gauss are an awesome weapon....but they really shouldn't be your only one (Unless you're a Hollander!).

#58 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 04 December 2015 - 04:12 AM

I guess it's a prenerf for the upcoming HBK-IIC.

#59 Peter Overheater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 119 posts
  • LocationGazorpazorp

Posted 04 December 2015 - 04:18 AM

So i am a little bit less angry now about the latest Patch ;)

Please PGI read this Post

I think there should be some structure quirks too, at least for some Clan Mechs like HBR or the EXE Arms.

Why? I can explain for EXE in particular:

With its low slung Arms you are constantly doing bad shooting up/down a Hill, also you have to expose almost the entire mech to not heat up the ground instead of hitting a Target. The relatively low free tonnage for Weapons gives you not a very good time trying to install adequate Long Range weapons for a 95 Ton Mech. But it has MASC and Jump Jets, so it is ideal for Brawling and quick poking behind Obstacles.

With the more or less overall massive Structure Quirks IS Mechs got now, you feel like in a Glass Mech when you play as Clanner when you encounter a close Range fight. Especially Atlases are now the favoured Mech, the matches i have played since the Patch got introduced went all into a direction like "Let's get fast into a close brawl and make some good old staring contests". More skilled Pilots now can use the additional Turn Rate/Twist Rates on their IS Mechs to easily distribute the damage, while almost all Clan Mechs are now just too slow to twist effectively. Not to mention the Speed penalty for loosing a side Torso.

For example, the often Compared Thunderbolt has now at least +15 Structure on Side Torsos (Top Dog ~40?), while HBR has none, even the 2,5 Torso Twist on the -B Variant got removed. Like on Thunderbolt, Side Torsos are the main Target because of the Ballistic and ECM+3 Energy Hardpoints. So please give the Clan Main Weapon Structures some Quirks, too. Hunchies have huge Structure and Armor Quirks for their Main Weapon Hardpoints for example.

So don't get me wrong, but the list of disadvantages for Clans is now even longer.

-Lower Tonnage on CW Dropdeck
-Higher entry costs for buying a Clan Mech (I think especially new players tend to use IS because the entry level costs are way lower, so IMO many new Steam Players will go IS, again that leads to even more imbalance in the Community)
-Less Module Slots (I think there should be a general possibility to onlock more Slots with Mech XP, for example 50,000 and 100,000 XP for additional ones, so experienced CW Players can spend their Mech XP somewhere)
-Ghost Heat starting earlier (Try firing three ERLL or LPL...)
-AC Bullets
-Almost no Accel/Decel Quirks
-Some small stitches like not mentioning Clans in Academy (I know you are about to Fix that Problem), your (Dusty) Mech Overview on this Page not mentioning them, higher costs for Faction Content. For me in personal its okay, but it seems that especially new Players won't even consider Clan because they seem to be made less attractive.

In addition to that: I do also have some thoughts about the latest Patch in General:

-PGI arguments the reduction of the Mech Tree Values like Speed Tweak are for a smaller gap between New Players and "old hands". I can understand this point particularly. But with new Players starting in Tier 5 now, is there really a big danger Newbees get stomped to death by Veterans playing at least in Tier 3? With the overall spraying of Accel/Decel Quirks on IS side, it seems more to be a pretense for another Clan Nerf.

-Gauss Rifle, please PGI, give it a smaller Cooldown or at least the possibility with further unlocks on Pilot Trees, the only mech you can have fun with a Gauss seems to be the Grid Iron now. Of course only for IS MC ;)

-Overall TTK has increased, at least for IS Mechs. In general i like that, but: Staring Contests happen now more often, and Clan Mechs now seem to be the Main Target because of their now missing Structure and Twist Quirks.

Further Addition to that:

-Please raise the Tonnage for 12 man Groups in Public Matches. We want to Play the Mechs we are good in, not the ones we have to because of the Tonnage Limit. It is not the Tonnage that stomps smaller public Groups. I remember our 12 man group facing Russ Bullock in his Top Dog with some other public Players on Crimson Straight, shortly after we stomped them the Tonnage Limit was set even lower... Seemed to kind of overreacting for me. But in my Opinion it is not the right way to nerf Teamplay further. Instead you have to adjust the matchmaker for larger Groups. Maybe that gets easier in half a year when we get many new Players through Steam. Its okay to make an easier entry for new Players, but please do not nerf Advanced Players in Units. Especially permanent Clan Units do not really have much Mech Choices left.

Last, i have also some suggestions for Improvements:

-For making Clan Mechs more attractive to new Players you could introduce a deferred Payment for the more expensive Mechs, that could make the Clan Mechs more attractive. So you pay ~20-40% of the Clan Mech Price, but 75% of all Match earnings go for paying that Mech.

-Establish special Time Zones for 12 man Pug Teams with higher rewards, making it more attractive to join a Unit and putting together more 12man Groups. This could also motivate new Players to Join a Unit and in long term preparing them better for CW.

-Give the new Players a special CW reward system like the Cadet Bonus.

-Make two different Groups of CW Planets, one for Single Players and one for Teams. That will avoid further wining about CW and "Clan OP" (Also read here: http://mwomercs.com/...factions-in-cw/)

Greetings

Peter

#60 ChewBaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 264 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 04:24 AM

The heck? So the Blackjack continues to be a tougher mech than the 50/55 ton mediums?

Its not like the mech was even underused before. Now we're just going to see a zerg rush of them.

I had shelved plans to buy them when upcoming nerfs were announced. Back on again, since there's no real nerf to speak off.

View PostTester128, on 04 December 2015 - 03:17 AM, said:

RIP blackjack, you were good for the whole 4 days

This one is definitely being sarcastic...

Edited by ChewBaka, 04 December 2015 - 04:26 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users