We Lost ..yay All The Top Merk Teams Went Clan.

60 replies to this topic

#1 wicm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 115 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 05:37 PM

With all the top merk teams going to the clans ( witch is anti lore) and most noobs stating out IS, the win was a foregone conclusion. Why give us banners to tell us something that IS loyalist knew at the start of the event..

Trigger warning { if you are squimish read no further} Rant starts here...

Oh well since lore means nothing maybe next year House Davion can field their clan mechs, tho by then they might get nerfed so badly it wont make a difference. Btw I'm not saying that 228 and MS need clan mechs to be good. lord knows some of the MS guys would have cleaned our clocks if they all were in only Urbies....hmm that gives me an Idea next year top tier players must only field lites Posted Image I wonder if the clan loyalist are pissed about merks doing the heavy lifting? Just thinking out loud.Posted Image

#2 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 05:38 PM

Why would Clan loyalists be mad? They got the win in the end.

#3 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 07 December 2015 - 05:54 PM

Furry Loyalists?

Most people playing Clans don't even know what they are, just that they have the better toys.
Posted Image
Clan Wolf and Clan Smoke Jaguar arguing over Terra.....

#4 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 07 December 2015 - 06:17 PM

Actually, with the limited amount of drop zones, IS have more pugs didn't matter as much.

#5 Signal27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 06:22 PM

View Postwicm, on 07 December 2015 - 05:37 PM, said:

With all the top merk teams going to the clans ( witch is anti lore)

Players ignoring lore when it's more advantageous for them to do so? Say it ain't so!

#6 wicm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 115 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 09:47 PM

View PostSignal27, on 07 December 2015 - 06:22 PM, said:

Players ignoring lore when it's more advantageous for them to do so? Say it ain't so!

LOL

#7 Malcolm Vordermark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 09:53 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 December 2015 - 05:54 PM, said:

Furry Loyalists?

Most people playing Clans don't even know what they are, just that they have the better toys.
Posted Image
Clan Wolf and Clan Smoke Jaguar arguing over Terra.....

Clearly the IS had spies at the most recent meeting between the Wolf and Smoke Jaguar Khans.

Now that I think about it, they do wear masks during a lot of their ceremonies...

#8 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 December 2015 - 10:37 PM

what lore? Theres no lore for this game (and they use so little lore for the game its supposedly based off of).

#9 Black Ivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:40 PM

How suprising isn't ;)?

#10 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:49 PM

Wait... people actually expected the highly competitive Clan teams to just let the IS win because that's the way it goes in lore?

Um... how to put this mildly...

Do you even internet?

Even if PGI gets to a point where Clans and IS are perfectly balanced, most of the new players coming into the game, if they have the slightest clue about BT lore, will flock to the Clans... if only because of the perception that they're OP because that's the way it's always been. Prepare to welcome the Steam horde, by the by. Hope you've got your carrying trousers on.

Componding that, the few gamers who don't actually have fun playing whack-a-mole on scrubs want to upset the intended direction of the game because they can. Ever heard of sequence breaking? The very same urge to experiment and screw with things is what brings about the Clan domination of the Inner Sphere. It isn't balance, it's the inevitable result of handing gamers a system with a supposedly-predetermined outcome and outright challenging them to do something about it. Of course the result is going to be dead opposite what it was 'intended' to be! Gamers don't like to be told what not to do, and they always, always take the nuclear option when it comes to derailing 'best laid plans'!

I'd be more surprised if the IS actually did win. Here's a fun way to test this out... take a major Clan victory from lore, toss it up as an event... see what happens. Guaran-frikkin'-tee it'll end up with an IS faction owning the place. Major units will switch sides just to make it happen.

#11 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:51 PM

View PostPS WrathOfDeadguy, on 07 December 2015 - 11:49 PM, said:

Wait... people actually expected the highly competitive Clan teams to just let the IS win because that's the way it goes in lore?

Um... how to put this mildly...

Do you even internet?

Even if PGI gets to a point where Clans and IS are perfectly balanced, most of the new players coming into the game, if they have the slightest clue about BT lore, will flock to the Clans... if only because of the perception that they're OP because that's the way it's always been. Prepare to welcome the Steam horde, by the by. Hope you've got your carrying trousers on.

Componding that, the few gamers who don't actually have fun playing whack-a-mole on scrubs want to upset the intended direction of the game because they can. Ever heard of sequence breaking? The very same urge to experiment and screw with things is what brings about the Clan domination of the Inner Sphere. It isn't balance, it's the inevitable result of handing gamers a system with a supposedly-predetermined outcome and outright challenging them to do something about it. Of course the result is going to be dead opposite what it was 'intended' to be! Gamers don't like to be told what not to do, and they always, always take the nuclear option when it comes to derailing 'best laid plans'!

I'd be more surprised if the IS actually did win. Here's a fun way to test this out... take a major Clan victory from lore, toss it up as an event... see what happens. Guaran-frikkin'-tee it'll end up with an IS faction owning the place. Major units will switch sides just to make it happen.

Nah...I think what he was saying is that Clans didn't use mercs in lore during the invasion (unless I'm mistaken). That's probably one of the least of the lore related worries though lol.

And no...I don't think that your "gamers like chaos" theory is the reason for the IS losing.

#12 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:56 PM

It happened once it happened again, They just go clan but I don't mind it in actual lore IS won so I live with that. And another reason I didn't take part in the event I saw the outcome a mile away. All the top teams sided with the clans, Man I didn't see that coming.

#13 Duke Nedo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:59 PM

Better queue time mechanics needed for next Tuk... might help, or might not because winning is important etc...

#14 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:05 AM

View PostKh0rn, on 07 December 2015 - 11:56 PM, said:

It happened once it happened again, They just go clan but I don't mind it in actual lore IS won so I live with that. And another reason I didn't take part in the event I saw the outcome a mile away. All the top teams sided with the clans, Man I didn't see that coming.

Chaos theory? Or shorter Clan queue times? The world may never know...

Posted Image

#15 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:06 AM

View PostLyoto Machida, on 08 December 2015 - 12:05 AM, said:

Chaos theory? Or shorter Clan queue times? The world may never know...

Posted Image

I have no idea but I just sat ontop of my Atlas and watched the fire works.

#16 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:21 AM

View PostKh0rn, on 08 December 2015 - 12:06 AM, said:

I have no idea but I just sat ontop of my Atlas and watched the fire works.

Posted Image

EDIT: It's always those times you don't check the preview that your post goes wrong lol.

Edited by Lyoto Machida, 08 December 2015 - 12:23 AM.

#17 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:22 AM

what is this..."top Marik Unit" you speak of?

Never heard of it....:P

Marik has no pilot because its boring to be Marik most the time in CW due to no front with the Clans.

Maybe if PGI changed some of this stuff, like made it worth while to be a loyalist or something the Factions would all be a little tougher and more even. I also think there should be a limit to the amount of players in a Faction or your rewards start to get cut for each pilot you bring that puts the faction Over Garrison.

#18 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:30 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 08 December 2015 - 12:22 AM, said:

Never heard of it....Posted Image

Marik has no pilot because its boring to be Marik most the time in CW due to no front with the Clans.

Maybe if PGI changed some of this stuff, like made it worth while to be a loyalist or something the Factions would all be a little tougher and more even. I also think there should be a limit to the amount of players in a Faction or your rewards start to get cut for each pilot you bring that puts the faction Over Garrison.

Actually the FWL had a blast carving up the Lyr Com and the Fed Suns in the first CW, with our Capellan allies. IS vs IS was pretty fun.

Posted Image

Edited by El Bandito, 08 December 2015 - 12:32 AM.

#19 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:46 AM

We lost because of Inner Sphere XL engine insta blow!

#20 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:49 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 08 December 2015 - 12:22 AM, said:

Never heard of it....:P

Great points.

Until there is additional content setting all the various factions apart and giving them character this is a mech game, not a MechWarrior game.

They really need to start working on that big time. The warrior part of the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users