Turn Off Cybermobbing ! ? !

61 replies to this topic

#21 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 23 March 2016 - 07:12 AM

View PostThomster, on 09 December 2015 - 08:44 AM, said:

The only thing I could do with a weaponless Mech is run into a group of enemies and try to distract them from my teammates. Did it a few times but it only works in a small fast light. Technically it is suicide. Don't know wether PGI can determine if the Mech was weaponless at the point when the last damage-event occured to a Mech that has been reported suicidal to decide if penalties are in place. The thing is, PGI can't read minds. There are some cases where it is clear that someone was bored or unhappy with the map choice and just wanders of or overheats on purpose or winkelrieds (historic swiss hero) himself. Usually these guys disconnect way early during the game and that early opt-out could be a good indicator against someone. Other cases are way less clear (e.g. once during a CW drop I was so occupied running around under fire with my fast light I wasn't immediatly aware that I was leaving the area and boom goes the Mech). In law there is "In dubio pro reo". If in doubt the court has to decide for the accused. If Erdelmaine has been ratted out as suicidal and therefore penalized I would indeed consider this to be quite harsh. At least PGI should message the "accused" and give him a possibility to take a stand. Or the accused should know the identitiy of the accuser(s). Maybe a bit more transparency would be good.
but if your the last one left now what do you do You get reported.

#22 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:56 PM

the problem with this system is that it can & will be abused.
as to what to do with your mech without weapons then I say he fought the good fight and had the right to end it the way he did.
for me I used my weaponless Stalker(ether because I ran out of ammo or lost weapons because of being destroyed) as a shield.

I told wounded allies to get next to me and shielded them. took I am assuming a full alpha from an Atlas & Dire Wolf. the two mechs I protected took out the Atlas before the Summoner went down while the other mech a Jenner won the fight by capturing the base.

Edited by VinJade, 23 March 2016 - 06:58 PM.

#23 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 23 March 2016 - 08:00 PM

View PostVinJade, on 23 March 2016 - 06:56 PM, said:

the problem with this system is that it can & will be abused.
as to what to do with your mech without weapons then I say he fought the good fight and had the right to end it the way he did.
for me I used my weaponless Stalker(ether because I ran out of ammo or lost weapons because of being destroyed) as a shield.

I told wounded allies to get next to me and shielded them. took I am assuming a full alpha from an Atlas & Dire Wolf. the two mechs I protected took out the Atlas before the Summoner went down while the other mech a Jenner won the fight by capturing the base.

Wanna know what I've been known to do? Pardon the upcoming part, but it's completely appropriate for the action.
RAMMING SPEED!

Posted Image

#24 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 04:28 AM

yeah if only that worked better i'd be doing it all the time I'd be doing this

#25 Roughneck Cobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 462 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 24 March 2016 - 05:26 AM

View PostTesunie, on 23 March 2016 - 08:00 PM, said:

Wanna know what I've been known to do? Pardon the upcoming part, but it's completely appropriate for the action.
RAMMING SPEED!

Posted Image

Pilot: Betty, override engine commands, overload and ramming speed ahead.

Bouncing Betty Response: Warning, Warning, Eject!

Pilot: Captain goes down with his Mech!

Bouncing Betty: All Warning systems offline, May the stars welcome you sir.

Pilot: Make it so.

#26 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 07:25 AM

Typical Inner Sphere barbarian thinking with your genitials, not your brain. It is a wonder why you didn't blast yourselves back to pre-space flight..

Edited by KursedVixen, 24 March 2016 - 07:27 AM.

#27 Zephonarch II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 328 posts
  • LocationBack in the MWO and... its fun, but Nascar steamrolls still lame.

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:24 AM

I think you have a reasonable enough reason to refute the reporting than yes I'd agree, you should have the chance to respond to the notification.

Randis, you seemed to be baiting yourself into a brawling situation at the boundaries however. If you died fighting, it's not that bad. But in another case, say you were purposefully running away when you just got disarmed... like you happened to be in the middle of the map in Crimson and then proceeded to run out to the ocean.... then I'd not side with you.

But you fought at least before dying... near the bounds. You still fought them though. But I understand why people might report you, although I think they may be overreacting.

#28 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 08:15 PM

to be honest this system is flawed and needs to be removed and reworked to and help keep it from being abused, maybe the system record the match and log the players in question and the staff has to actually watch the match and then contact both parties.

If the one who reported the other player is proven to be false then the one who falsely accused the other player should be ban for 3 days to teach them not to lie.

#29 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 08:31 PM

View PostVinJade, on 24 March 2016 - 08:15 PM, said:

to be honest this system is flawed and needs to be removed and reworked to and help keep it from being abused, maybe the system record the match and log the players in question and the staff has to actually watch the match and then contact both parties.

If the one who reported the other player is proven to be false then the one who falsely accused the other player should be ban for 3 days to teach them not to lie.

- System doesn't "auto-ban" a player just because they were reported.
- Moderators (human beings) look at the data they have when a report is submitted.
- A ban is dealt based on the moderator's (human's) findings on the situation, if required.
- Just because someone "falsely" reported someone, doesn't mean they lied. Now if they abuse the system and continue to report people who are obviously (not questionably) not doing anything wrong, than I would ban their reporting abilities.
- A false report does not mean it was a lie...

#30 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 03:18 AM

Sorry I was tired when I replied that last time, teaches me to get some sleep & have some coffee before replying to any thread, lol

#31 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 08:07 AM

I still question why it is reportable to do the most tactical thing when your alone 'Shut down and wait for the enemy.' Or even waiting for the enemy seems to be an offense. I understand people have lives and jobs ,but really if the have some place they need to go they should plan accordingly to have 15 minutes free. Battletech on table top was a slow game too. Basicly i feel PGI is saying no you can't be tactical at all you can't think just rush into the enemy alone and die without thinking overheat like crazy.

I'd much rather play a long well thought out game instead of a quick braindead one.

Edited by KursedVixen, 25 March 2016 - 08:12 AM.

#32 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 08:40 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 25 March 2016 - 08:07 AM, said:

I still question why it is reportable to do the most tactical thing when your alone 'Shut down and wait for the enemy.' Or even waiting for the enemy seems to be an offense. I understand people have lives and jobs ,but really if the have some place they need to go they should plan accordingly to have 15 minutes free. Battletech on table top was a slow game too. Basicly i feel PGI is saying no you can't be tactical at all you can't think just rush into the enemy alone and die without thinking overheat like crazy.

I'd much rather play a long well thought out game instead of a quick braindead one.

It depends upon "how you do it".

If you shut down, facing a corner, and not move (because you can't see) and never restart... Yeah. You are hiding to preserve an invisible K/D that only you can see. It's debatable on if you can be punished, but I can understand a report there.

If you shut down, facing a direction in a corner or an area filled with dead mechs to hide and ambush when a "victim" walks by, you power up and continue the attack, than no. You can not be reported. You are still being active and participating, just being tactical and setting up a cleaver ambush.

This is why we need the human element at the controls of the Ban Hammer. It is why we still do. They just streamlined the reporting feature itself, making it easier to submit reports.

#33 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 08:56 AM

Yeah but sadly in the process made abuse of the system easier.

but... If something can be abused it will be so it's not like they can stop it without making it unusuable

Edited by KursedVixen, 25 March 2016 - 09:11 AM.

#34 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 08:07 PM

I cannot remember but can you fight the ban?

#35 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 08:37 PM

View PostVinJade, on 25 March 2016 - 08:07 PM, said:

I cannot remember but can you fight the ban?

You can contact support about the ban, and try to find out why you were banned, and possibly make a case against it if you feel it was unjust. (But, they tend not to just up and ban someone without good reason.)

#36 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 09:11 PM

one never knows, when it comes to fighting a ban or not.
with people willing abuse the system(and how easy it seems to be) one could get ban for no reason or a very, very fine line of a reason.

#37 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 09:19 PM

View PostVinJade, on 25 March 2016 - 09:11 PM, said:

one never knows, when it comes to fighting a ban or not.
with people willing abuse the system(and how easy it seems to be) one could get ban for no reason or a very, very fine line of a reason.

How so?

Even if someone submits a report via ingame reporting feature, a moderator still has to review the report and then take proper action. Remember, they don't take action typically on single events (such as team damage/kill, inactivity, etc). It typically has to be persistent over several matches, or the action so blatantly grievous that a single account of it is reason for moderation.

Nothing here is auto. As far as I last knew, someone still looks over the event and see what happened and if it's in need of moderation. It doesn't do any "auto after 3 reports you are banned" or anything. A moderator still deals with that.

#38 Catnium

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 11:34 PM

in 2016 most report systems in games are fully automated and don't actually require a dev to manually sift true and review each ban

#39 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 26 March 2016 - 12:08 AM

View PostKaeb Odellas, on 09 December 2015 - 01:03 PM, said:

If you're out of weapons, use your mech as bait to distract the enemy and give your teammates a better chance, or capture points if Conquest. If you're the last one left and have no chance of winning via capture, die quickly so everyone can move on.

Outside of CW match score, you lose nothing from dying. Except maybe e-peen points.

I find you appalling. If by either luck or good tactical thought, I manage to be the last man standing, I am sure as hell not about to just willingly die so you can get on to the next match and die again. See, some people give a crap about things like KDR or what tier they are in, and try to protect that, others, and I fall into this category, try to fight as a warrior of what ever faction they are a member of, and if that means, taking my 100 tons of assault mech that <by some act of god has run out of 1560 rounds of CUAC10 ammo> and I am weaponless so to speak, I will do what I can, with in my skill set to avoid detection and run the clock out. That, sadly seems to be a problem for you, for me, it is what one calls discretion, and discretion as they say, is the better part of valor. Usually, lucky for you, the match ends before I can empty my mech of its ammo, or I die, but, never the less, NO ONE and i mean NO ONE is obligated to die to speed things along. Escape and evasion is just as valid as engaging. There is a thing called a tactical retreat. Learn it, love it. deal with it.

#40 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 12:24 AM

@RG
I agree, I would never act as a shield for a dead team, I would do whatever I could to ether run out the clock(if I have no weapons left) by keeping on the move or try and cap a res or base.

iirc in the rules if you are weaponless ether out of ammo or being destroyed and cannot do anything you will not be counted as nonparticipating if you run as there is nothing you can do.

however if you have weapons then its a different matter.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users