#1 Erdelmaine RANDIS

• PipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 46 posts
  • LocationRANDIS IV

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:34 PM

Dear community,

since the introduction of the feature to report players in-game, CYBERMOBBING in MW0 has increased dramatically Posted Image

I just got banned for 24 hours between the last 2 events, and I am sure that some more players ( which cant hold target locks or even dont know that you need to press R to transfer data about the targeted mech to their teammates ) will complain again about my way of playing MW0 Posted Image

Just to shed the right light on my abilites :
I only have 9 mechbays and I am a member of a small inactive unit with a total of 7, the 9th Marik milita "Eagle's Claw" where noone seems to online anymore except ME.
I am in TIER 5 and surley are a below average MW0 pilot.

A few minutes ago I finished a skirmish in Crimson where my not so gifted teammates left me alone after a few minutes with 6 enemy mechs left, some of them with barley scratched paint.
As I piloted my Orion ON1-K, with 3 medium lasers & 30 LRM with 8 tons of amm, I tried to get to a position where I could fire my lrm on approaching enemy mechs while the terrain was slowing them down and cased away a Madcat, which decided to run away despite beeing in good enough condition to finish me when it would have got into brawling range.
The next one which climbed up to my position I managed to kill with LRM, but the third one finally got into brawling range, destroying my front armor and side torsi ( making me weaponless as the ON1-K has no hardpoints in the head or center torso ), but I managed to get out of bonds and destroyed my mech before the enemy could kill me as a last gesture of defiance ... while my not so gifted teammates in the voice chat complained the entire time that I should finish the the fight, bitching about me locking their mech Posted Image

I am sure a lot of my not so gifted teammates, which died during the first few minutes of the battle, have again sent various reports in-game to support about me with accusations for MECH SUICIDE, AFK, ...

I think that the feature to send reports in-game is actually a GOOD IDEA ... but support has to stop to SUPPORT CYBER-MOBBING !

And it would also help IF the developers remove their design flaw which encourages bad players to kill their mechs early and then bltch about players which want to play the entire 15 minutes, despite beeing at a disadvantage because of their not so gifted teammates !
I talk about the feature that you get your mech back as soon as a battle has finished.
Instead of that the mech should be locked for a FIXED AMOUNT OF time, like 20 minutes after you have entered the drop preparation screen ... which would also encourage players to play with more than a single mech.
As every player has at least 8 trial meach for Clan and Inner Sphere each, this shouldnt be a problem even in CW !

Yours sincerely, a old MechWarrior
( playing Classic BattleTech since 1985, which is disgusted by the current state of CYBER-MOBBING in MW0 and which surley gets banned again ... )

Edited by Erdelmaine RANDIS, 08 December 2015 - 11:47 PM.

#2 MechWarrior849305

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 03:10 AM

LAWL Posted Image
First you (not actually a TS, I mean all of "YOU") ask to introduce reporting system into the game (we all know THE game, rite?). Then you complain about people actually using dat system Posted Image
Make up your mind, will ya?

#3 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 09 December 2015 - 05:28 AM

Lol..

So, you get a warning for people reporting you for doing stuff that's reportable..

WOW... shocking...

Posted Image

#4 M E X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 381 posts
  • Locationg-town, Vienna, Austria, EU.

Posted 09 December 2015 - 06:01 AM

Wha

View PostVellron2005, on 09 December 2015 - 05:28 AM, said:

Lol..

So, you get a warning for people reporting you for doing stuff that's reportable..

WOW... shocking...

Posted Image
What of the sitution Erdelmaine RANDIS wrote about is reportable and against the rules ?

Edited by M E X, 09 December 2015 - 06:01 AM.

#5 MechWarrior849305

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 06:18 AM

View PostM E X, on 09 December 2015 - 06:01 AM, said:

What of the sitution Erdelmaine RANDIS wrote about is reportable and against the rules ?

Suicides are reportable

#6 M E X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 381 posts
  • Locationg-town, Vienna, Austria, EU.

Posted 09 December 2015 - 07:36 AM

In a mech without weapons ? ... only finished EARLIER as the enemies were not able to kill him fast enough Posted Image

Do you think he should have played any longer in a mech without weapons ?

Edited by M E X, 09 December 2015 - 07:38 AM.

#7 Mister Bob Dobalina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:44 AM

The only thing I could do with a weaponless Mech is run into a group of enemies and try to distract them from my teammates. Did it a few times but it only works in a small fast light. Technically it is suicide. Don't know wether PGI can determine if the Mech was weaponless at the point when the last damage-event occured to a Mech that has been reported suicidal to decide if penalties are in place. The thing is, PGI can't read minds. There are some cases where it is clear that someone was bored or unhappy with the map choice and just wanders of or overheats on purpose or winkelrieds (historic swiss hero) himself. Usually these guys disconnect way early during the game and that early opt-out could be a good indicator against someone. Other cases are way less clear (e.g. once during a CW drop I was so occupied running around under fire with my fast light I wasn't immediatly aware that I was leaving the area and boom goes the Mech). In law there is "In dubio pro reo". If in doubt the court has to decide for the accused. If Erdelmaine has been ratted out as suicidal and therefore penalized I would indeed consider this to be quite harsh. At least PGI should message the "accused" and give him a possibility to take a stand. Or the accused should know the identitiy of the accuser(s). Maybe a bit more transparency would be good.

#8 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 09 December 2015 - 10:05 AM

So, you played the game as best you could (no problem) and instead of letting the enemy kill you (and get those rewards for your kill), you instead decided to purposefully go out of bounds as "an act of defiance" and robbed your fellow players of a kill point that, by the sounds of it, they rightfully deserved.

That isn't proper game play. That's selfish and rather rude of you. I would have reported you myself for a purposeful suicide.

Now, if you had no weapons left, was the last mech on your team, it's skirmish and no enemy mechs are nearby, then by all means. EIther announce your location in all chat so they can kill you (preferred) or then (and even then not preferred) run out of bounds and kill yourself to end the match sooner. (And even then it would be doubtful.)

FYI: PGI doesn't ban people based on number of reports against them. They review each report separately, and then take action if it is warranted. They also look for continued poor behavior. A single incident would not result in any action. A continued repeat of said incident will result in action. If you got banned, more than likely it was because of something you did. If you wish to fight the ban (which you can), you can talk to support about it. If nothing else, they will tell you the exact reason for your ban, so you can avoid that action in the future.

#9 Kaeb Odellas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 09 December 2015 - 01:03 PM

If you're out of weapons, use your mech as bait to distract the enemy and give your teammates a better chance, or capture points if Conquest. If you're the last one left and have no chance of winning via capture, die quickly so everyone can move on.

Outside of CW match score, you lose nothing from dying. Except maybe e-peen points.

Edited by Kaeb Odellas, 09 December 2015 - 01:03 PM.

#10 Hawk_eye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 325 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 December 2015 - 01:28 PM

View PostKaeb Odellas, on 09 December 2015 - 01:03 PM, said:

If you're out of weapons, use your mech as bait to distract the enemy and give your teammates a better chance, or capture points if Conquest. If you're the last one left and have no chance of winning via capture, die quickly so everyone can move on.

Outside of CW match score, you lose nothing from dying. Except maybe e-peen points.

I agree with this - hell, I managed a DFA a couple days back in my stripped MAD-5 M (not that it did any damage, but it sure brought a big grin on my face) and while I was "running" around in that group of enemies, all of them trying to hit me (and probably hitting each other a bit too), my teammates had some rear-torsos to shoot at :)

#11 Erdelmaine RANDIS

• PipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 46 posts
  • LocationRANDIS IV

Posted 11 December 2015 - 06:51 AM

View PostKaeb Odellas, on 09 December 2015 - 01:03 PM, said:

... If you're the last one left and have no chance of winning via capture, die quickly so everyone can move on...
Thats what I did, but even for THAT someone in this topic wants to report me Posted Image

#12 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:25 AM

View PostErdelmaine RANDIS, on 11 December 2015 - 06:51 AM, said:

Thats what I did, but even for THAT someone in this topic wants to report me Posted Image

Sounds like you went about it in an improper manner.

Find the enemy. Let them kill you. If there are bases to capture, go there and cap. If you can't find the enemy, feel free to give away your grid location in all chat...

By suiciding, you deny other players rewards. How would you feel if your opponents killed themselves so you couldn't get the more rewards for that match? (I know during the last event, I had an opponent who was near dead eject from their mech as I was shooting at them, denying me the kill count and the rewards for said kill. I was a little miffed, but continued on anyway without complaint.)

#13 Kaeb Odellas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 11 December 2015 - 09:17 AM

View PostErdelmaine RANDIS, on 11 December 2015 - 06:51 AM, said:

Running out of bounds is lame though. Find the other team and fight them.

#14 Mister Bob Dobalina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 11:56 AM

View PostTesunie, on 11 December 2015 - 08:25 AM, said:

Sounds like you went about it in an improper manner.

Find the enemy. Let them kill you. If there are bases to capture, go there and cap. If you can't find the enemy, feel free to give away your grid location in all chat...

By suiciding, you deny other players rewards. How would you feel if your opponents killed themselves so you couldn't get the more rewards for that match? (I know during the last event, I had an opponent who was near dead eject from their mech as I was shooting at them, denying me the kill count and the rewards for said kill. I was a little miffed, but continued on anyway without complaint.)

Just a little philosophical thinking:

I am wondering why it should not be counted a kill if the pilot ejects under fire. Because it lacks definition of what is killed actually. I was under the impression it is about killing the Mech. Correct me if I am wrong. In CW, if you're down, you get to pilot the next Mech on your Dropdeck because you are the Mechwarrior for that Dropdeck. What you perform in those Dropdeck Mechs is counted to your account. But the Mech that you just lost counts as a kill for the one that did the last damage to it before it went down. So it is about the Mechs, not the Mechwarriors it implies that you as a Mechwarrior are always surviving your Mech. Translated to your experience it would mean that you firing at said Mech made it's pilot flee and therefore abandoning his Mech. It should be possible to shoot a pilotless Mech into kingdom come and get that kill as if you would be destrying a powered down Mech. The'yre both sitting ducks.

#15 SilentScreamer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 556 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 12:48 PM

View PostDuoAngel, on 09 December 2015 - 06:18 AM, said:

Suicides are reportable

Yup!

To OP - There are plenty of alternatives to running out of bounds. Even a weaponless mech can be useful. Playing just this Wednesday I saw a friend of mine run TOWARD a group of enemies after loosing weapons. The enemy killed two of their own trying to get the finishing blow on that weaponless mech.

#16 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:36 PM

View PostThomster, on 11 December 2015 - 11:56 AM, said:

Just a little philosophical thinking:

I am wondering why it should not be counted a kill if the pilot ejects under fire. Because it lacks definition of what is killed actually. I was under the impression it is about killing the Mech. Correct me if I am wrong. In CW, if you're down, you get to pilot the next Mech on your Dropdeck because you are the Mechwarrior for that Dropdeck. What you perform in those Dropdeck Mechs is counted to your account. But the Mech that you just lost counts as a kill for the one that did the last damage to it before it went down. So it is about the Mechs, not the Mechwarriors it implies that you as a Mechwarrior are always surviving your Mech. Translated to your experience it would mean that you firing at said Mech made it's pilot flee and therefore abandoning his Mech. It should be possible to shoot a pilotless Mech into kingdom come and get that kill as if you would be destrying a powered down Mech. The'yre both sitting ducks.

It counts an ejection in CW the same as an overheat death; as a suicide. It does not reward the last person to hit them as a kill for them, only as an assist. The same with running outside of the boundaries to kill yourself before the enemy can do so (which I've also seen someone do while under fire).

However, between the two, an ejection in CW (as long as you participated) is not a reportable (as far as I know) action (but can be poor sportsmanship when used as described above, to deny a kill). Running out of bounds intentionally (particularly to deny a kill) is reportable. (And as far as CW goes, it's one thing if you are out of ammo and not being actively shot at to eject. A different thing when you Eject because you know you are going to die anyway and you don't want them to claim your kill.)

View PostSilentScreamer, on 11 December 2015 - 12:48 PM, said:

Yup!

To OP - There are plenty of alternatives to running out of bounds. Even a weaponless mech can be useful. Playing just this Wednesday I saw a friend of mine run TOWARD a group of enemies after loosing weapons. The enemy killed two of their own trying to get the finishing blow on that weaponless mech.

Otherwise known as "Mechbait". (Come shoot me! I'm an easy kill! Please, ignore my ally with guns, or even shoot each other over this tasty easy kill...)

#17 Erdelmaine RANDIS

• PipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 46 posts
  • LocationRANDIS IV

Posted 20 December 2015 - 07:18 AM

View PostThomster, on 11 December 2015 - 11:56 AM, said:

NO .... EJECTS with "K", which are only possible with the first 3 mechs in a CW game, count as a SUICIDE !
As there are no pilots in MW0, which can get killed, only PILOT SKILLS for the player - when a MECH gets destroyed by any means, including ejecting in CW, that counts as a kill.

I have more problems with going out of bonds beeing counted as a SUICIDE instead of a tactical retreat to report back to your command ( and maybe getting some reward for bringing back intel which would have been lost if you would have gotten destroyed )

PS: IF the enemy isn't able to kill me BEFORE i get out of bonds or destroy my mech with OVERHEAT, he doesnt deserve the kill Posted Image
And in the example above i was the last mech from my team, so distracting or baiting the enemy was not possible.

PPS: The matchmaker really HATES me ... today i got too many bad teams, forcing me to wait for HOURS until i finally got the last assault victory i needed for the current event, including 2 losses with 0:12 IN A ROW !
How slim are the chances for THAT ? Posted Image

Edited by Erdelmaine RANDIS, 20 December 2015 - 07:25 AM.

#18 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 04:18 PM

View PostErdelmaine RANDIS, on 20 December 2015 - 07:18 AM, said:

I have more problems with going out of bonds beeing counted as a SUICIDE instead of a tactical retreat to report back to your command ( and maybe getting some reward for bringing back intel which would have been lost if you would have gotten destroyed )

PS: IF the enemy isn't able to kill me BEFORE i get out of bonds or destroy my mech with OVERHEAT, he doesnt deserve the kill Posted Image
And in the example above i was the last mech from my team, so distracting or baiting the enemy was not possible.

PPS: The matchmaker really HATES me ... today i got too many bad teams, forcing me to wait for HOURS until i finally got the last assault victory i needed for the current event, including 2 losses with 0:12 IN A ROW !
How slim are the chances for THAT ? Posted Image

Your suggestion would only encourage players to kill themselves by running out of bounds. It would only confuse the matter.

And, running out of bounds to deny someone a kill is against the ToS and the CoC that everyone had to agree to in order to play this game. It is reportable if it is intentionally done, and is done repeatably. No matter what you consider to be "fair", it is still against this game's Code of Conduct. Plus, all you are doing is hurting other players by denying them your kill, and the rewards for doing so.

#19 Erdelmaine RANDIS

• PipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 46 posts
  • LocationRANDIS IV

Posted 23 March 2016 - 03:39 AM

View PostTesunie, on 20 December 2015 - 04:18 PM, said:

.. , all you are doing is hurting other players by denying them your kill, and the rewards for doing so.
IF I didnt want to HURT other players, I wont play a ego-shooter like MW0 ;P

#20 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 07:07 AM

View PostErdelmaine RANDIS, on 23 March 2016 - 03:39 AM, said:

IF I didnt want to HURT other players, I wont play a ego-shooter like MW0 ;P

Your link for ego-shooter is in a foreign language, on a forum that we are each speaking English. Kinda makes it hard for you to be making a point.

Even so, a game such as this is Player vs Player. It doesn't mean one needs to needlessly harm another player and play in a poor sportsmanship manner to "get their kicks". In this case, if someone was going to kill you anyway, might as well let them kill you and get the rewards. There is no reason to "harm" another player's earnings "because you didn't want them to kill you". It certainly doesn't protect your K/D rate, as you would still be dieing anyway.

There is such a thing as honorable play.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users