#1 Pr8Dator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,306 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 09 December 2015 - 07:44 AM

I just scored my best result ever... 7 kills, 850+ damage, 4 most dam kills (I took a screenshot but it turned out black arghghghghg) and is it any surprise that its in a MAD-3R?????

I was one of those who doubted what the Marauder is good for and think its nothing more than a fan mech with no real strengths... but hey, I scored my best ever game in one and this MAD-3R has maintained a KDR of 3.45 over 23 battles... also the best ever KDR in my 3 years of MWO! The second best didn't even come close! Now, only my twin LBX10 MAD-3R has produced this result... not even my AC20 bounty hunter or twin SRM6 5D could match that somehow... did PGI do something good to the LBX lately or did the ballistic quirk that the 3R has made such a huge difference? Its a simple 2 x LBX10 + 4ML setup... very simplistic, nothing fanciful.

Yes I am Tier 4 but still, this has been my best Tier 4 game ever...

Edited by Pr8Dator, 09 December 2015 - 07:45 AM.

#2 Lugh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 07:47 AM

View PostPr8Dator, on 09 December 2015 - 07:44 AM, said:

I just scored my best result ever... 7 kills, 850+ damage, 4 most dam kills (I took a screenshot but it turned out black arghghghghg) and is it any surprise that its in a MAD-3R?????

I was one of those who doubted what the Marauder is good for and think its nothing more than a fan mech with no real strengths... but hey, I scored my best ever game in one and this MAD-3R has maintained a KDR of 3.45 over 23 battles... also the best ever KDR in my 3 years of MWO! The second best didn't even come close! Now, only my twin LBX10 MAD-3R has produced this result... not even my AC20 bounty hunter or twin SRM6 5D could match that somehow... did PGI do something good to the LBX lately or did the ballistic quirk that the 3R has made such a huge difference? Its a simple 2 x LBX10 + 4ML setup... very simplistic, nothing fanciful.

Hit ALT-Enter to go to windowed mode and the Print screen and paste to paint in future.

It's the only way I've found to do it.

#3 Tyler Valentine

• Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 09 December 2015 - 07:49 AM

Nice round man! Congratulations!

Haven't tried the Marauder yet but they are fierce in a firefight. See you out there.

#4 Pr8Dator

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 09 December 2015 - 07:53 AM

View PostLugh, on 09 December 2015 - 07:47 AM, said:

Hit ALT-Enter to go to windowed mode and the Print screen and paste to paint in future.

THANKS ALOT!!!

View PostTyler Valentine, on 09 December 2015 - 07:49 AM, said:

Nice round man! Congratulations!

Haven't tried the Marauder yet but they are fierce in a firefight. See you out there.

Thank you so much! :)

#5 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:06 AM

Grats, you've got matched against noobs. And PSR tier is basically a matches played counter.

#6 Squirg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 307 posts
  • LocationEromanga

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:09 AM

View Postkapusta11, on 09 December 2015 - 08:06 AM, said:

Grats, you've got matched against noobs. And PSR tier is basically a matches played counter.

Way to be a ****. Did someone **** in your cereal this morning?

#7 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:13 AM

If only people stopped trying to derive general significance from singular events.

They really say NOTHING for the general case. It was a good match. Nice! But that's it.

Some singular events of my playing history:
- I was top scorer in an adder
- I (we) as a team of random Pugs stomped a 12x12DG Team in CW.
- I was part of a random PUG team that won a CW match with perfect discipline and commanding (per CHAT).
- I recently had 1600 score wit 2500 damage as the ATTACKER on boreal vault in a PUG team (enemies were even more chaotic than my team, hrhr).

Does any of this mean that I / we / they are REALLY that good?
NO, it does not.
I get stomped just as often.
They are singular events.
They mean nothing.

Please don't say a certain mech is good (or bad) because you won (or lost) one single match.

If you want to make such statements, play 500 matches to warm up, then 1000 matches as the samples, then come back with the results.

Edited by Paigan, 09 December 2015 - 08:15 AM.

#8 0bsidion

• 1,653 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:13 AM

I've been wanting to give that dual LBX build a try, but I wasn't about to try it in CW for the event. For that I wanted a longer ranged ACs. The build definitely seems to be working for you though, at least in that particular match.

#9 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:14 AM

View PostLugh, on 09 December 2015 - 07:47 AM, said:

Just hit Print Screen button and it will show up in your C:\User[name]\Saved Games\MWO folder. Posted Image

You don't even need outside programs like Fraps.

Edited by El Bandito, 09 December 2015 - 08:16 AM.

#10 Pr8Dator

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:19 AM

View PostPaigan, on 09 December 2015 - 08:13 AM, said:

If only people stopped trying to derive general significance from singular events.

They really say NOTHING for the general case. It was a good match. Nice! But that's it.

- I was part of a random PUG team that won a CW match with perfect discipline and commanding (per CHAT).
- I recently had 1600 score wit 2500 damage as the ATTACKER on boreal vault in a PUG team (enemies were even more chaotic than my team, hrhr).

NO, it does not.
They mean nothing.

Please don't say a certain mech is good (or bad) because you won (or lost) one single match.

If you want to make such statements, play 500 matches to warm up, then 1000 matches as the samples, then come back with the results.

Just celebrating my best round ever after 3 years...

Also, celebrating my best mech ever in 3 years too... I never had a 3.45 KDR in 23 matches before... I will continue to play and hopefully maintain this momentum.

#11 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:19 AM

View PostSquirg, on 09 December 2015 - 08:09 AM, said:

Way to be a ****. Did someone **** in your cereal this morning?

Whoa, have I said something offending? Didn't mean it, sorry then. It's the way things are. PSR means nothing, everyone knows that. And everyone would struggle to get a kill if he was matched against equally skilled player.

Edited by kapusta11, 09 December 2015 - 08:21 AM.

#12 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:30 AM

I just scored my best result ever... 7 kills, 850+ damage, 4 most dam kills ...and is it any surprise that its in a MAD-3R?????

Posted Image

Edited by MeiSooHaityu, 09 December 2015 - 08:30 AM.

#13 Tyler Valentine

• Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 09 December 2015 - 09:15 AM

View PostPaigan, on 09 December 2015 - 08:13 AM, said:

NO, it does not.
They mean nothing.

Paigan, I have a lot of respect for your posts man but I think the OP is just excited that he had a good game, a personal best if you will. Can we just let him enjoy it please?

#14 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 10:16 AM

Oops. missclick

Edited by kapusta11, 09 December 2015 - 10:17 AM.

#15 Grimlox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 511 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 09 December 2015 - 10:31 AM

Congrats OP. I haven't tried the MAD yet but it's nice to hear you are finding an all time best performance in one especially one that is running a non-meta LBX build. Also really cool that you are getting consistently good results with that mech as well.

On a related note I recently got back to the game and decided to take a Locust out for a spin last night. I managed to get the highest score/damage on both teams in a winning game. I had 595 damage, 5 kills running 5 small pulse lasers iirc. Totally a one off and wouldn't be able to hit those numbers with any consistency, but after 3 games the locust is 7.00 KDR haha.

Sounds like that MAD build clicks with your style, you usually run solo or in groups?

#16 VirtualSmitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 528 posts
  • LocationHilton Head, Holy Terra

Posted 09 December 2015 - 02:13 PM

I am really enjoying the MADs, they are beasts! The 3R is a monster for sure.

#17 Sethliopod

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 217 posts
  • LocationInside the smoking wreck.

Posted 09 December 2015 - 02:28 PM

Oh su-u-u-u-ure! When a Heavy gets sweet results, it's an abnormality, statistically insignificant, luck vs incompetent players, congratulations, etc. etc.

When a Light comes along, and is hard to kill--not even causing more wins or more kills, mind you, just surviving 'too long'--it's broken and cheating!

Life is so unfair.....Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

PS: Grats, Pra8, sounds like it was a good time, and using my favorite weapon, no less! Love the LBX10's.

#18 Pr8Dator

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 09 December 2015 - 02:46 PM

View PostTyler Valentine, on 09 December 2015 - 09:15 AM, said:

Paigan, I have a lot of respect for your posts man but I think the OP is just excited that he had a good game, a personal best if you will. Can we just let him enjoy it please?

Thank you. :) :) :)

#19 Pr8Dator

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 09 December 2015 - 02:52 PM

View PostGrimlox, on 09 December 2015 - 10:31 AM, said:

Congrats OP. I haven't tried the MAD yet but it's nice to hear you are finding an all time best performance in one especially one that is running a non-meta LBX build. Also really cool that you are getting consistently good results with that mech as well. On a related note I recently got back to the game and decided to take a Locust out for a spin last night. I managed to get the highest score/damage on both teams in a winning game. I had 595 damage, 5 kills running 5 small pulse lasers iirc. Totally a one off and wouldn't be able to hit those numbers with any consistency, but after 3 games the locust is 7.00 KDR haha. Sounds like that MAD build clicks with your style, you usually run solo or in groups?

Thank you! Posted Image I was personally surprised at the consistency and I actually ran many tests and run between this and my AC20 bounty hunter because AC20 would be my instinctive competitive choice but no, it never matches up to this simple non competitive setup perhaps due to my play style like you mentioned.

Yeah, perhaps this mech is the closest match to my play style. I always run with the team, seeking to flank or breakout into a brawl and never alone. Running with the assaults is my fav because then I will never be the priority target in a brawl. I am a brawler for sure... so far, heavies have been lousy at brawling for me (haven't tried timberwolf... never a fan of that) but the MAD seem to take an unusually high amount of beating perhaps due to the additional internals and the fact that it is a 75 tonner, just 5 tons shy of being an assault mech, carrying 400+ points of armor, which is almost as much armor as my Masakaris, with a frontal profile that is hard to aim at beyond 200m and generally never a priority target in a group brawl, all contributes I think. Also the fact that at tier 4, most players simply exchange blows in a brawl face to face without much twisting also contributes I think. I should suffer when I get to tier 3 or 2 eventually since PSR is simply a matter of time played like someone mentioned.

Edited by Pr8Dator, 09 December 2015 - 02:55 PM.

#20 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,980 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 December 2015 - 03:43 PM

Granted that is a nice score, but the MAD with a standard engine seems to be as hard if not harder to kill than a Stalker.

Those things eat damage like candy, and with all that structure are like the energizer bunny.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users