I Don't Like This Hero-Exclusive Ecm Stuff.

284 replies to this topic

#281 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 10 March 2016 - 10:07 PM

View PostAce Selin, on 10 March 2016 - 09:36 PM, said:

MGs are nigh useless. At least generalised quirks allow mechs to be played with a variety of builds and allows for more vareid uses to their users, always preferred imo.

Quirks should support the stock load out, and lore should support the quirks. That is the stance I've held the entire time quirks have been around.

Ballistic heavies, like the Jagermechs, Riflemen and Hammerhands should have ballistic quirks with energy as secondary weapon quirks.

Mechs like the Warhammer or Battleaxe should have energy primary and maybe missile (SRM) as secondary quirks.

Something like the Thunderbolt should be quirked to be tough as nails, they were known for it in lore.

The Archer should be quirked so that it can blot out the Sun with missiles, not out of place energy quirks.

#282 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 10 March 2016 - 11:01 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 10 March 2016 - 10:07 PM, said:

Quirks should support the stock load out, and lore should support the quirks. That is the stance I've held the entire time quirks have been around.

Ballistic heavies, like the Jagermechs, Riflemen and Hammerhands should have ballistic quirks with energy as secondary weapon quirks.

Mechs like the Warhammer or Battleaxe should have energy primary and maybe missile (SRM) as secondary quirks.

Something like the Thunderbolt should be quirked to be tough as nails, they were known for it in lore.

The Archer should be quirked so that it can blot out the Sun with missiles, not out of place energy quirks.

TBolt is also an example where the Large Laser should do extra damage (though to do this properly would require *gasp* hardpoint dependant quirks!) since the Sunglow Large Laser was noted for it's extremely powerful punch, too. As a counter, one could also make it hotter, since that was something else the Tbolt was known for, being hot as hades.

Alternatively, I suppose they could like halve it's beam duration or something else.

But yeah, quirks that support the lore.

Spiders, for instance should generate less heat when jumping. Firestarters should have some quirks that either increase heat on enemy or reduce it on themselves to allow them to be masters of flame, not of Small Laser PEWPEW.

People should WANT to run a Jager for Dakka, not a bloody Warhammer.

*smh*

#283 Tapdancing Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 87 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 01:44 AM

After seeing the quirks for the Tempest hero I'm pretty sure ECM is literally the only drawcard that mech has.

#284 Sader325

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 07:00 AM

Woops wrong thread.

Edited by Sader325, 11 March 2016 - 07:01 AM.

#285 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:13 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 16 December 2015 - 03:56 PM, said:

Do others feel this way, too?

Nope. I just wish pgi would fix ECM. Not ridiculously OP = NP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users