#3 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 17 December 2015 - 09:35 AM

I'll try to avoid getting the dates mixed up this time ;) Hunchback IIC and Marauders needed mastering anyway, maybe I'll get something out of it :D

#4 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 17 December 2015 - 09:40 AM

Just making sure that the "S" designated models of the Raven 3L and the T-Bolt SE are required to qualify. That is to say the "champion" versions do not qualify. That is what appears to be the case from the announcement but I just wanted to confirm.

#5 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 17 December 2015 - 09:46 AM

Yeaaaaaah, i'm missing the entire event due to reasons.

I get back to my PC the NEXT day after the event ends. Bummer.

#6 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 17 December 2015 - 09:49 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 17 December 2015 - 09:40 AM, said:

Just making sure that the "S" designated models of the Raven 3L and the T-Bolt SE are required to qualify. That is to say the "champion" versions do not qualify. That is what appears to be the case from the announcement but I just wanted to confirm.

Its only for the newest packs e.g Steam packs.

Its not worth even doing as you basically have to play for 5 days to maybe win a few buchs worth of goodies. Just go for the personal challenge :)

#7 Ingga Raokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 239 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 17 December 2015 - 09:51 AM

Goodbye free goodies, bad timing on my ****...

#8 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 17 December 2015 - 09:58 AM

The personal challenge event is nice. There are some decent rewards in there and free colors are never a bad deal. It's certainly worth it for anyone to participate in the personal challenge side of things.

I'll be grinding out the IIC mechs I ordered back in June or whenever it was (back before I drew the line on flamers fixed or wallet shut). Maybe it'll at least lead to some c-bill packs.

The only thing that really irks me about this challenge is the whole scoring system. The system isn't set to actually reward overall skill, but sheer volume of matches in order to get a few "perfect storms" due to the scoring value of solo kills. I really HATE that scoring system and it made me stop caring about the leaderboard facets of said challenges. That trying for the "perfect storm" where things fall into place makes the whole tournament setup a slog.

I'd be more inclined if it was based on something like an overall scoring average (of match score, and not this all kills all damage formula) . . . that would at least be a better reflection of a person's overall skill, since everyone has spikes and ruts in match performance. This is just a matter of "who has the best 10 spikes".

#9 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 17 December 2015 - 10:00 AM

I see most of the (S) Mechs are in this event, except one and that's the only one I have!

No love for the JR7-D(S)? Posted Image

#10 Grimlox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 511 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 17 December 2015 - 10:01 AM

So can only use mechs that were recently for sale for $$$ only to play in that part of the event? Can't use my Raven 3L or other exact same spec variants that aren't special (s)? Not sure how I feel about that. Would be nice if they threw a bone to some older chassis or any that were available for cbills.

At least there is the personal challenge aspect of it so I suppose that's something.

#11 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 17 December 2015 - 10:01 AM

Nice personal challenge !

and to people on the leaderboards: Enjoy the week long headache!

oh.. and toxic game play for the whole weekend... yaaay!

Edited by Navid A1, 17 December 2015 - 10:02 AM.

#12 shopsmart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 294 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 10:03 AM

Nice small event. Nothing compared to the past events, but that is okkk. It is needed I think. Gets the steamers something to do and work towards. Small achievements and such to goad them to do better. Or might bring out the worst. We will see.

Seregrach does make a good point about higher rewards on solo killing. Might as well throw out there team helping isn't necessarily scored, but is with assists.

#13 CorranHorn

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 10:07 AM

Look forward to doing this event. Pretty busy right now so I think a small event is nice. I hope everyone enjoys it.

#14 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 17 December 2015 - 10:14 AM

Just asking for a quick clarity for those confused... What does "(S)" mean in this situation? :wacko:

~D. V. "Just not getting it..." Devnull

#15 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 17 December 2015 - 10:16 AM

View Postshopsmart, on 17 December 2015 - 10:03 AM, said:

Nice small event. Nothing compared to the past events, but that is okkk. It is needed I think. Gets the steamers something to do and work towards. Small achievements and such to goad them to do better. Or might bring out the worst. We will see.

Seregrach does make a good point about higher rewards on solo killing. Might as well throw out there team helping isn't necessarily scored, but is with assists.

actually, there should be smaller rewards for solo kills. at the end of the day, this is a team game.

#16 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 17 December 2015 - 10:36 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 17 December 2015 - 10:16 AM, said:

actually, there should be smaller rewards for solo kills. at the end of the day, this is a team game.

Solo kills and kills with most damage done should be rewarded more than getting the killing blow. Do all the work yourself and come out on top, you should get some benefit rather than the guy who gets in a lucky shot at the end.

Also did you guys note the DQ conditions include damage farming of afkers? Just shoot the head or rear torso like I always do, even when an event is on, and get back in the fight. Nice to see that Posted Image

Or at least that's how I read the run-on sentence with no punctuation. I hope I'm right lol :D

Edited by Luscious Dan, 17 December 2015 - 10:37 AM.

#17 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 17 December 2015 - 10:41 AM

A nice and easy Personal event to welcome the Steamies eh PGI? Well done. Posted Image

Though I was hoping for a 2 week long goody bag event. you could still do one immediately after this one, I'm free from work, just saying... Posted Image

#18 Rabtar

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 10:48 AM

@D V Devnull: (S) simply denotes a special variant of a base mech that has a 30% C-Bill bonus and special geometry/paint scheme. Basically they just look different and give you bonus C-Bills in matches.

#19 WVAnonymous

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 17 December 2015 - 10:54 AM

View PostLuscious Dan, on 17 December 2015 - 10:36 AM, said:

Solo kills and kills with most damage done should be rewarded more than getting the killing blow. Do all the work yourself and come out on top, you should get some benefit rather than the guy who gets in a lucky shot at the end.

Also did you guys note the DQ conditions include damage farming of afkers? Just shoot the head or rear torso like I always do, even when an event is on, and get back in the fight. Nice to see that Posted Image

Or at least that's how I read the run-on sentence with no punctuation. I hope I'm right lol Posted Image

I take farming to mean "drop in and walk off or disconnect and hope your team carries you". I'm pretty sure if you can do 400 damage to an AFK mech, that's entirely fine. And profitable.

#20 Grimlox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 511 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 17 December 2015 - 10:56 AM

View PostRabtar, on 17 December 2015 - 10:48 AM, said:

@D V Devnull: (S) simply denotes a special variant of a base mech that has a 30% C-Bill bonus and special geometry/paint scheme. Basically they just look different and give you bonus C-Bills in matches.

And can conveniently only be purchased with $$$ rather than c-bills.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users