Mwo Mechs With Battletech Proportions

3D

95 replies to this topic

#21 SelectiveCape12

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationOver there

Posted 27 December 2015 - 11:05 AM

Yes I have noticed that too as I was making these. All in all, I haven't really messed with the Timber Wolf's and Mad Dog's legs as much as I would have liked. Both of their legs were simply thinned out a bit from the front angle, but I had neglected to do the side angle 'cause I was paying too much attention to their torsos at the time. I might do a little touch up of some of the models some time.

#22 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 27 December 2015 - 02:30 PM

Yes, the Awesome should be scaled the same as the Zeus. I used to have both of the Ral Partha miniatures and they were roughly the same size. I would love to have my Battlemaster slimmed down a bit too.

Edited by Ed Steele, 27 December 2015 - 02:30 PM.

#23 SelectiveCape12

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationOver there

Posted 27 December 2015 - 10:23 PM

Added the Dragon, Centurion, Ice Ferret, and Kit Fox to OP.

View PostMarack Drock, on 27 December 2015 - 01:43 PM, said:

I have a question. Why don't they hire you to scale these things? That Timber Wolf makes me all kinds of happy.

That's a question you'll have to ask PGI. Besides, I only do this as a hobby and not as a job, so there's less people yelling at me to get things done right. Posted Image

View PostEd Steele, on 27 December 2015 - 02:30 PM, said:

Yes, the Awesome should be scaled the same as the Zeus. I used to have both of the Ral Partha miniatures and they were roughly the same size. I would love to have my Battlemaster slimmed down a bit too.

I don't presume to know the thought process of PGI designers, but there's a certain style to the MWO mechs: every mech that needs to be tough needs to look tough as well. Meaning just about every assault mech will look fat and thick.

#24 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 28 December 2015 - 01:24 AM

View PostSelectiveCape12, on 27 December 2015 - 10:23 PM, said:

Added the Dragon, Centurion, Ice Ferret, and Kit Fox to OP.

Oh, how i wish the Centurion was skinnier.

Also seeing the old missile bay with multiple tiny doors makes me depressed and angry at the current Dynamic weapon geo crap.

#25 SelectiveCape12

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationOver there

Posted 28 December 2015 - 09:34 AM

One of the reasons why I started making these model edits was because I was disappointed with the current weapon models. Back in the early days, the weapons looked big enough to be acceptable and so everyone put up with it. Now it's just somewhat frustrating to see.

#26 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 28 December 2015 - 10:11 AM

really like some of the new additions...but thank goodness the Centy didn't go that route, lol.

#27 Rizzelbizzeg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 744 posts
  • LocationRizzelbuzzing about

Posted 28 December 2015 - 02:02 PM

I really like those long gun bits on the maddog, it loses its flair with the little stubby laser lenses we have in game IMO.

I'm also diggin that Awesome, I think the narrow waist would help the in game model.

And lol at the catapult. Very nice job making it look like TRO, but boy am I glad it doesn't look like that in game (scaling aside).

#28 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 28 December 2015 - 03:21 PM

View PostRizzelbizzeg, on 28 December 2015 - 02:02 PM, said:

I really like those long gun bits on the maddog, it loses its flair with the little stubby laser lenses we have in game IMO.

I'm also diggin that Awesome, I think the narrow waist would help the in game model.

And lol at the catapult. Very nice job making it look like TRO, but boy am I glad it doesn't look like that in game (scaling aside).

I agree, the Mechs should have the correct arm length and the larger hitboxes that goes along with it.

#29 SelectiveCape12

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationOver there

Posted 03 January 2016 - 05:17 PM

Added JagerMech, Ebon Jaguar, and Banshee.

View PostEd Steele, on 28 December 2015 - 03:21 PM, said:

I agree, the Mechs should have the correct arm length and the larger hitboxes that goes along with it.

The BT Mad Dog actually has a larger torso than its MWO design, meaning a lot of people will be crying even more if certain hitboxes were ever adjusted accordingly. But I wholeheartedly agree about the arms being better with the gun barrels.

Edited by SelectiveCape12, 03 January 2016 - 05:17 PM.

#30 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 01:14 PM

I like some of the rescaled mechs, I'm very happy with the MWO Clan mechs, except the Madcat, looks a little short to me, as stated before its knees bend even more while walking so it looks like a medium mech down range. the IS mechs are another story, they all look fairly well proportioned, except the MAD, legs are extremely large. if PGI ware only willing to rescale a mech I hope it would be the Banshee, you made it look mad zexy, Posted ImagePLEEASE PGI, rescale the Banshee like this ftw!

#31 SelectiveCape12

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationOver there

Posted 04 January 2016 - 07:35 PM

The Timber Wolf can use a lot of tweaking now that I look back at it. The torso is a little small compared to some of the orthos I found, and the legs are too thick if not too short.

I generally just go with whatever pictures I find on Google images for a lot of the proportion sizes. Some of them may or may not be correct, but it's the overall shape that I'm after. Not to mention quality control isn't really my forte, as a lot of the models I've done have a few bits and pieces out of place.Posted Image

#32 Kristian Radoulov

Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 611 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 03:51 AM

LOVE the TBR.

#33 FerrokenFibrous

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:57 PM

I'm really diggin' that Timber Wolf. I love how you made the arms closer to the original/BT design without making them look overly long/weak/flimsy or overly short/thick.

Edited by KiyoshiKazuya, 06 January 2016 - 05:59 PM.

#34 SelectiveCape12

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationOver there

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:54 AM

Yeah...You're right. The Timber Wolf's arms aren't skinny enough compared to the BT designs. I might have to change that. Posted Image

But true enough, the MWO design of the Timber Wolf is obscenely thick and blocky (possibly for balance reasons, making heavies easier to hit by making them thicker). And on the other side of the spectrum, the BT design looks like its arms will come off under its own weight. I like to think I struck a balance between the two. Posted Image

#35 Hitman85

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 270 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:21 AM

Your version of Timberwolf, in my opinion, is 1000% better then PGI one.. Looks amazing I love it! Do You have 3d model of it? ...

#36 SelectiveCape12

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationOver there

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:26 PM

I'm very glad people are liking my works so far. There's still a few more mechs I want to work on, but first I'm going to do a revamp of some of the existing ones, including the Timber Wolf. I'll post a link for the Timber Wolf model once I get that done. It should be available some time this weekend, I'm hoping.

#37 Hitman85

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 270 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:55 PM

View PostSelectiveCape12, on 07 January 2016 - 07:26 PM, said:

I'm very glad people are liking my works so far. There's still a few more mechs I want to work on, but first I'm going to do a revamp of some of the existing ones, including the Timber Wolf. I'll post a link for the Timber Wolf model once I get that done. It should be available some time this weekend, I'm hoping.

Great, I will make it in paper, because It looks perfect, maybe launchers are a little bit to big.

#38 ChapeL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 12:30 AM

View PostSgtMagor, on 04 January 2016 - 01:14 PM, said:

I like some of the rescaled mechs, I'm very happy with the MWO Clan mechs, except the Madcat, looks a little short to me, as stated before its knees bend even more while walking so it looks like a medium mech down range. the IS mechs are another story, they all look fairly well proportioned, except the MAD, legs are extremely large. if PGI ware only willing to rescale a mech I hope it would be the Banshee, you made it look mad zexy, Posted ImagePLEEASE PGI, rescale the Banshee like this ftw!

Becareful what you ask for... that thing is a walking CT shot from all angles :) ( The head )

#39 SelectiveCape12

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationOver there

Posted 10 January 2016 - 11:18 AM

Updated Marauder, Timber Wolf, and JagerMech.

Here's the link to the Timber Wolf model: https://www.dropbox....MWO_tbr.7z?dl=0

I've included a couple extra formats in the archive 'cause I'm not sure what format everyone uses for importing. I mostly just stick to .fbx in 3ds max. The textures are also included if anyone requires them.

#40 SelectiveCape12

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationOver there

Posted 13 January 2016 - 10:57 AM

Another update, this time for the Dire Wolf and Mad Dog.

Dire Wolf
Spoiler

Mad Dog
Spoiler

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users