#42 SelectiveCape12

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationOver there

Posted 13 January 2016 - 01:15 PM

View PostHitman85, on 13 January 2016 - 11:08 AM, said:

I love your mechs Posted Image

Thanks!

You know, I updated the Mad Dog's legs to look like the Timber Wolf's, except I made the Mad Dog's feet and hip actuators bigger and the legs a lot more squatter. I haven't updated my Timber Wolf with those changes yet, but I thought you would like to know, since you're still working on the Timber Wolf model.

#43 Hitman85

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 270 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:35 PM

View PostSelectiveCape12, on 13 January 2016 - 01:15 PM, said:

Thanks!

You know, I updated the Mad Dog's legs to look like the Timber Wolf's, except I made the Mad Dog's feet and hip actuators bigger and the legs a lot more squatter. I haven't updated my Timber Wolf with those changes yet, but I thought you would like to know, since you're still working on the Timber Wolf model.

I work on it only in free time, progress is really slow, this is most important project since I do it so I should not rush it..Thanks for update :)

#44 SelectiveCape12

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationOver there

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:26 AM

I've updated the Timber Wolf...again.

Got the latest changes to its legs in. Hopefully, this will be the last time I edit the Timber Wolf. I can say with confidence that the Timber Wolf model is definitely 100% complete. Maybe.

Here's the updated model file as well: https://www.dropbox...._tbr_v2.7z?dl=0

Timber Wolf
Spoiler

#45 Hitman85

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 270 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 14 January 2016 - 02:30 PM

View PostSelectiveCape12, on 14 January 2016 - 11:26 AM, said:

I've updated the Timber Wolf...again.

Got the latest changes to its legs in. Hopefully, this will be the last time I edit the Timber Wolf. I can say with confidence that the Timber Wolf model is definitely 100% complete. Maybe.

Here's the updated model file as well: https://www.dropbox...._tbr_v2.7z?dl=0

Timber Wolf
Spoiler

I must say that this new legs are too thin for my standards, this is heavy mech after all:)

#46 SelectiveCape12

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationOver there

Posted 14 January 2016 - 07:59 PM

View PostHitman85, on 14 January 2016 - 02:30 PM, said:

I must say that this new legs are too thin for my standards, this is heavy mech after all:)

That may be true, but the Timber Wolf's BT design does have thin legs. And I am aiming for a look that's closer to the BT designs after all.

As I've mentioned before, these works aren't really intended to be made into RL models. But you do have free reign over the model files I've released so far. So I encourage you to make any changes that you feel is necessary for your crafts. Posted Image

#47 Goldhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 379 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 08:21 PM

Hey dude.... that Marauder beating upon the B-Master, it looks like an old cartoon trying to beat down a door.

Funny! Well done.

#48 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 15 January 2016 - 11:59 PM

View PostGoldhawk, on 14 January 2016 - 08:21 PM, said:

that Marauder beating upon the B-Master, it looks like an old cartoon trying to beat down a door.

Well, that might be because this was the inspiration:

Posted Image

#49 Sigilum Sanctum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 16 January 2016 - 12:47 AM

That Dire Wolf looks scary as ****, I'll take it.

Everything else? No thank you >_>

#50 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 16 January 2016 - 09:58 AM

View PostSigilum Sanctum, on 16 January 2016 - 12:47 AM, said:

That Dire Wolf looks scary as ****, I'll take it.

Everything else? No thank you >_>

IDK, most look pretty cool on the 360º

That Marauder looks WAY better than ours.

Centy, Dragon, EBJ and KFX, not my cup of team, some give or take on the Jager... but most? Pretty dang good.

#51 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 29 January 2016 - 12:19 PM

Wow, that Timber Wolf, Mad Dog, Dire Wolf and Warhawk look even better than the MWO's ones.

Please, do the Summoner!!!

BTW, I loved the animated 360º videos.

PS: I know they aren't yet in MWo, but could you try the Fire Moth and the Viper?

#52 SelectiveCape12

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationOver there

Posted 31 January 2016 - 01:29 AM

View PostOdanan, on 29 January 2016 - 12:19 PM, said:

Wow, that Timber Wolf, Mad Dog, Dire Wolf and Warhawk look even better than the MWO's ones.

Please, do the Summoner!!!

BTW, I loved the animated 360º videos.

PS: I know they aren't yet in MWo, but could you try the Fire Moth and the Viper?

I thought the MWO Summoner, along with the Hellbringer, looked quite good next to the source material, despite the blocky arms and dome cockpits. I might look into the Fire Moth and the Viper as well, since one is basically half Myst Lynx and the other is half Nova. More or less. My work is practically half done!

In any case, I'll see if I can get something going when I have some free time. Haven't messed with anything related to MWO for awhile now.

Edited by SelectiveCape12, 31 January 2016 - 01:39 AM.

#53 SelectiveCape12

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationOver there

Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:25 PM

Hello. It's me calling. Just checking up on you. So how's everything? Good, good...

Listen. You're not going to like this, but I got to let you know...There's another update to the Timber Wolf. Who knew. Yeah, I didn't like it either, but the forearms were just too big. I had to change it. I'm OCD that way. Oh well, what's done is done.

Anyway, that's all I wanted to say. It was good talking with you again. I'll call again to let you know if there's any other changes.

All right, talk to you later.

Oh, by the way, I've also updated the Awesome and the Warhawk. And also a minor addition to the crew: the Summoner. No big deal.

Okay, take care.

Timby
Spoiler

Awesome
Spoiler

Warhawk
Spoiler

Summoner
Spoiler

Edited by SelectiveCape12, 13 February 2016 - 09:32 AM.

#54 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 13 February 2016 - 06:07 AM

Woah, these are so fricking awesome, man!

The Awesome's link seems to be broken though.

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 13 February 2016 - 09:44 AM.

#55 SelectiveCape12

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationOver there

Posted 13 February 2016 - 09:34 AM

Fixed it!

#56 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 13 February 2016 - 09:47 AM

View PostSelectiveCape12, on 13 February 2016 - 09:34 AM, said:

Fixed it!

Hoping you do the Quickdraw next.
Or at least sometime in the future (maybe the Atlas too?)

#57 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 09:53 AM

These are so cool. Especially the Awesome and Warhawk - can't stand what MWO did to them. The latter one especially hurts, as it was easily one of my favorite 'Mechs ever since I played MW2 as a young teen. MW4's Warhawk was also pretty horrible, but at least the Awesome in that game still looked pretty close to its original art. In MWO, though, pretty much everything iconic about both of those 'Mechs is changed. Can't even blame orthos/modelers, as everything that's wrong with them is present in Iglesias' concept art pieces as well. I like most of his interpretations, but those two are pretty severe failures IMO.

#58 SelectiveCape12

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationOver there

Posted 13 February 2016 - 10:28 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 13 February 2016 - 09:47 AM, said:

Hoping you do the Quickdraw next.
Or at least sometime in the future (maybe the Atlas too?)

Soon

View PostBloodweaver, on 13 February 2016 - 09:53 AM, said:

These are so cool. Especially the Awesome and Warhawk - can't stand what MWO did to them. The latter one especially hurts, as it was easily one of my favorite 'Mechs ever since I played MW2 as a young teen. MW4's Warhawk was also pretty horrible, but at least the Awesome in that game still looked pretty close to its original art. In MWO, though, pretty much everything iconic about both of those 'Mechs is changed. Can't even blame orthos/modelers, as everything that's wrong with them is present in Iglesias' concept art pieces as well. I like most of his interpretations, but those two are pretty severe failures IMO.

Look at it this way. Would humankind really get anywhere if all we did was make the same old thing over and over again? We sometimes listen to different songs because we often get tried of the same ones we've been listening to for years. Imagine if we never changed our looks or the clothes we wear. People always need something new to stimulate them after all.

I'm pretty sure that was what PGI and Alex was going for when designing the mechs. Sure not a lot of people agree with the new designs, but at least they're trying to take a step forward towards change. The unfortunate thing about change is that a lot of people hate it, especially when it comes to die-hard fans.

Just think about the new fans of the Battletech franchise; the people who are seeing and experiencing these mechs for the first time in their lives. Just like how we die-hard fans grew fond of the older mech designs from years past, they will grow fond of these new mech designs because it's the only thing they'll connect with when playing our current day MechWarrior games.

And that's fine because the new fans have their own tastes and preferences compared to us long time fans. We may hate their tastes and preferences, but that's just how life is.

TL;DR
We gettin' old. Time for new generation of mech design to step in.

#59 Hitman85

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 270 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 February 2016 - 10:48 AM

Agree, but there is a difference between grat "new" design like atlas and broken/bad new design like timberwolf. Problem is, that concept arts are awesome, 3d models not always. But overall PGI has done great work on their mechs.

#60 SelectiveCape12

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationOver there

Posted 13 February 2016 - 03:01 PM

I don't believe any game has been able to translate their concept arts accurately into 3D models. It's mostly because the concept art is only there as a guideline and not as an actual clear cut schematic. I think that's something a lot of people misunderstand about the concept arts.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users