62 replies to this topic

#61 Kali Rinpoche

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 28 December 2015 - 06:31 PM

I'll take the Timber all day over the Ebon b/c of having the possibility of lower arm actuators and more versatile pod layouts. Tanks better than EBJ also. I may be the lone person that didn't like leveling or the play of the EBJ.

#62 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 28 December 2015 - 08:16 PM

View PostKali Rinpoche, on 28 December 2015 - 06:31 PM, said:

I'll take the Timber all day over the Ebon b/c of having the possibility of lower arm actuators and more versatile pod layouts. Tanks better than EBJ also. I may be the lone person that didn't like leveling or the play of the EBJ.

Do your thing. Can't argue against that--the TBR IS tankier, and has lower arm actuators that the EBJ doesn't. I might take issue with that "more versatile pod layouts" thing, but w/e.

I think it's kinda the point of all the opposition to the OP's position. Run what you run, play your game. If you like it better in one than in the other, so be it!

#63 dragnier1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 12:37 AM

View PostKotev, on 28 December 2015 - 06:08 PM, said:

Wow dudes, respect for the technical stuff but i think you totally lost the OP. He need more exp. to learn that every mech has pros and cons and all depends on pilot skill.

Not really. OP was comparing mech for mech on paper, but i'm sure you will agree that that isn't so in actual gameplay. OP also pointed at the negative quirks for TBR, that it was meant to bring the TBR down to other mechs' level instead of being 1 step above due to weight difference. The thing is, we would agree that even so the TBR still performs better than the EBJ.

@ Aside to the one who mentioned DHS at 1.4, it was changed to 1.5 and heat cap bonus was reduced. SHS is now at 1.1 and heat cap bonus was increased.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users