93 replies to this topic

#81 vibrant

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 209 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 October 2016 - 02:07 AM

I can report much smoother gameplay too with HPET enabled, intel xeon e3-1245 (which is older). Oh, and sorry for necro'ing the thread, but hope it helps someone else!

Edited by vibrant, 10 October 2016 - 02:07 AM.

#82 NoiseCrypt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 596 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 10 October 2016 - 02:18 AM

Guess that i will try to get my HPET on later then...

#83 UnofficialOperator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 10 October 2016 - 04:24 AM

View Postvibrant, on 10 October 2016 - 02:07 AM, said:

I can report much smoother gameplay too with HPET enabled, intel xeon e3-1245 (which is older). Oh, and sorry for necro'ing the thread, but hope it helps someone else!

Best necro ever. Seems to work for me as well. no fps increase but seems smoother. Seems to have ended my microstutters.

Edited by UnofficialOperator, 10 October 2016 - 04:25 AM.

#84 Odium

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 07:26 AM

Really curious to see how people are still getting along with this.

i7-860 Overclocked and my fps is 60 with graphics turned down but does drop to the 30s on some maps.

#85 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:13 AM

moving this Topic to Workarounds Forum as its better Placed there,
also as this still seems to help many im Leaving a Link Here in Gen Discussion,
Thank you for your Cooperation

#86 PoorDecisions

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 124 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 13 October 2016 - 10:08 PM

Wow, nice necro. I thought I just had crappy old hardware. Well, I do, but still. This helped smooth things out. I didn't even realize microstuttering was a thing until it was gone. Thanks!

#87 Smokeyjedi

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 October 2016 - 11:46 AM

Terra Thermal's new iteration has seen an all time low of 24FPS in MWO/// since i built it strictly for MWO, I5 3550 @4172mhz and gtx970 1528core/8001gddr5 I have not seen it drop below 50FPS since i got the gtx970 usually up around 90FPS all maxed but no AA, particles and shadows on med. DSR'd to 1440P on asus rog 144hz 24" but nope. all other maps have dbl the framerate even before battle. ugh i will try this out.

EDIT: forgot about this little beauty works like a charm, no bios adjustments needed. the OS controlled portion. https://vvvv.org/con...stem-timer-tool

Edited by Smokeyjedi, 31 October 2016 - 12:28 PM.

#88 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 01 November 2016 - 01:12 AM

I know this isn't quite on topic but it was an amazing discovery for me...

Turning off VSync doubled my FPS.

I can't tell if this is a game bug or a graphics card bug (I am assuming latter). I have an oldish Radeon 6950. Terra therma I was struggling to get good FPS recently (not sure if somethings changed but I personally havent run any updates etc).

I noticed, running in a window at the same res, doubled my performance... Years ago there was this issue with Vsync lowering fps. It's only suppose to lock it to 60 to reduce tearing not slow down the damn performance so there's no chance of tearing.

I've just done more testing and I can confirm I have gotten rid of this by playing around with the graphics settings but I am going to be very wary if the problem comes back.

Also another weird issue is I am using MSI Afterburner to o/c my graphics. If I leave any browser open, the clock drops drammatically (lower than the original clock speed), performance was horrible. I'll assume this is to save power during browsing mode but this applies even if you have your game in the foreground... silly eh !!

#89 M T

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationGouda, South Holland

Posted 02 November 2016 - 09:39 AM

Perhaps frametimes are more stable because of more accurate timers? That would explain why it feels smoother.

#90 DreadDevil

• Pip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 13 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Locationany where a shadow is cast

Posted 07 November 2016 - 04:55 PM

so if i am getting 80fps on average is there a reason to even try to use the manual edit or jst not bother with it?

#91 GweNTLeR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 583 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:15 PM

Today Anandtech posted some interesting data regarding HPET on modern ryzen/coffee lake CPUs
In short - disabling/turning to OS default HPET brings minor benifits for AMD and HUGE for Intel.
Details - https://www.anandtec...n-ryzen-results
I think it applies for MWO too.

Edited by GweNTLeR, 25 April 2018 - 11:17 PM.

#92 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 April 2018 - 04:06 AM

yeah ... hard necro a thread ... but ok ....

I've been doing this lately, in my bag of ryzen tricks, however, on my motherboard, to actually get it properly disabled, I have to run a modded bios, which is very doable and recoverable on my board, but not all are so easy ...

disabling the HPET within windows doesnt actually disable it, it just tells windows not to use it .... if a program looks for it specifically, it will find it, and use it ... crysis games have always tended to run better with it off, with slightly less 'time' accuracy, and the occasional bump if the timers became too advanced or fell too far behind ...

if its an option to you, try it both ways, could yield a 'slight' benefit ....

Edited by NARC BAIT, 26 April 2018 - 04:11 AM.

#93 Kenrou

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 09:58 AM

Tested with several CPU/mobo/OS, works very well with FX/Phenom on AMD side and Win10, doesn't work with Ryzen/Intel or Win7/8.1 (or lowers fps). Works not just with MWO but also with World of Warcraft and several other online games (CPU dependent).

Note for people trying it out, Game Mode with Win10 also works best with older/weaker hardware, so combining the 2 is a MUST Posted Image

Edited by Kenrou, 26 April 2018 - 10:00 AM.

#94 Detriitus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 105 posts
  • LocationA long time ago in a galaxy far less explored

Posted 29 May 2020 - 12:09 AM

Wow. After enabling this my average cpu-usage dropped from 85% to 55% - no more stuttering. This was the best fix ever for my mwo troubles.

So - thank you!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users