#141 Zerex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 298 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:49 AM

View PostSandpit, on 05 January 2016 - 10:40 AM, said:

I'm just pointing out that your guys' trolling skills are really subpar Posted Image

You guys aren't even K Town worthy Posted Image

The true higher level of Trolling, is to make everyone else believe you are totally serious.

#142 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 05 January 2016 - 11:00 AM

View PostZerex, on 05 January 2016 - 10:49 AM, said:

The true higher level of Trolling, is to make everyone else believe you are totally serious.

Actually
the truly skilled make you wonder

#143 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:54 PM

View PostZerex, on 03 January 2016 - 05:28 PM, said:

Don't know who you are or where your from, honestly don't care and really really don't care that you don't care.
now we have that sorted out, any other totally pointless info you care to share with the forum?

He is a veteran of Wazan... dang it and i just cycled out to steiner... moar CW drama plox

#144 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 January 2016 - 07:09 PM

First second and third Wazan
First and second Old Kentucky.
Phact
The Seige of Asuncion and its retaking
Recapture of Zion
Marik expeditionary force to Roadbeer Island....

And successful forum propaganda campaigns against Davion.

I earned mine.

#145 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 07:15 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 05 January 2016 - 07:09 PM, said:

Phact
Recapture of Zion

I earned mine.

Battle of Asuncion.... aw man that brings back memories...

#146 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 January 2016 - 07:23 PM

A seige that lasted 96 hours and ultimately fell due to ghost drops and finally caused the exploit's exposure and subsequent attempts at repair and changes to the algorithm
THAT was some intense fighting on the battlefield as well as forum wars.

Edited by Kjudoon, 05 January 2016 - 07:43 PM.

#147 Uparmored Rickshaw

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 167 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 08:05 PM

When is a "troll" not a "troll"? This thread.

#148 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 05 January 2016 - 08:22 PM

Phact
Recapture of Zion

I earned mine.

I was there with you brother. Some great fights.

#149 Captain Alt F4

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 65 posts
  • LocationDesktop

Posted 05 January 2016 - 09:03 PM

Great thread, thoroughly enjoyed the entertainment. That is all. Peace out.

#150 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 02:42 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 05 January 2016 - 07:23 PM, said:

A seige that lasted 96 hours and ultimately fell due to ghost drops and finally caused the exploit's exposure and subsequent attempts at repair and changes to the algorithm
THAT was some intense fighting on the battlefield as well as forum wars.

Yah and pgi had to reset it all...

#151 Alec Braca

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, Massachusetts USA

Posted 06 January 2016 - 12:57 PM

Phact
Recapture of Zion

I earned mine.

Jeez you guys actually have named CW battles/campaigns? Besides the Tukayyids, it's just one big perpetual cluster duck up in the FRR since the Clans were created. I think it's awesome that you do this and you could maybe give out campaign ribbons/medals like the ComGuard did after Tukayyid. ComGuard personnel got awarded medals with the ribbon colors reflecting what Clan they faced. Stuff like this helps improve unit esprit-de-corps, participation, and something special that no one else earned except for the people who were there. Good job!

#152 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 06 January 2016 - 01:25 PM

View PostAlec Braca, on 06 January 2016 - 12:57 PM, said:

Jeez you guys actually have named CW battles/campaigns? Besides the Tukayyids, it's just one big perpetual cluster duck up in the FRR since the Clans were created. I think it's awesome that you do this and you could maybe give out campaign ribbons/medals like the ComGuard did after Tukayyid. ComGuard personnel got awarded medals with the ribbon colors reflecting what Clan they faced. Stuff like this helps improve unit esprit-de-corps, participation, and something special that no one else earned except for the people who were there. Good job!

The Seraphim does a lot of lore building including ribbons and bars for accomplishments for members on their Teamspeak. I know more are probably coming once battles have real meaning.

Asuncion would not have mattered at all if it had not been for a LOT of roleplaying on our unit's part as well as the FWLM 22nd Argyle Lancers, some HHOD and a few other Davion units getting into the spirit.

It is very nice to see the Phoenix Legion getting into the spirit of this with their press releases. I would hope they extend their tour. Don't be surprised if more stuff comes out.

See... people may think that it's who the opponent is and how well regarded they are as a tough enemy that matters in this. It's not. In fact, it has little to do with it. It's the personal drama you can put into it, and the roleplay in the forums that make these things worth remembering. Wazan is not memorable because it was the best units in the war between Marik and Davion or even the inner sphere. It is because the people who chose to participate took the next level and put something of themselves into it.

This meme brawling between Marik and the Antares Scorpions isn't much in the way of role play as much as it is just fun and shenanigans that took some serious attempts to start a war into something very entertaining and funny.

You guys up in the FRR should try to do the same. Since the game has no meaning, you must make it or find it where you can.

<O

#153 Zerex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 298 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:04 PM

I think this will be my last post on this thread, might try and to keep up to date with it, but going back to 4 nights a week of practice i will only be around to drop at the weekends now Posted Image

Just to echo what Kjudoon has said in his last post, this is CW, COMMUNITY Warfare, of a Mechwarrior game, not battletech. Until some sort of faction peace/war tab is added to give the star map a life it is missing at the minute, it is down to us as players to fill this void, this is officially billed as Beta 3, test it, break it.

Make your own allies and enemies, there is no lore past 3050 in Mechwarrior Online, this is the time to make our own stories, with epic battles over planets, it might mean nothing to anyone else other than to those who were there. But for those involved in that small story, they will remember it. Roll play as much as you want, just please don't try to follow the lore of Battletech, it seems such a waste to play out a story that has already been told rather than to be a part of a new story of our own making in this sandbox galaxy.

In this short stay in Liao space, we have been hired to crush Davions, which then lend us to attack Marik as it was the only other place to attack, we have taken 5 AS planets, given rebirth to our 1200 ton Atlas wall for both attacking and defending and started a small war only to be disavowed by the Liao leadership.

It might have been short but we made it eventful.

See you on the Battlefield

o7

Edited by Zerex, 06 January 2016 - 03:17 PM.

#154 multisoul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • 327 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:55 PM

Phact
Recapture of Zion

I earned mine.

all those sacrifices in the name of Freedom and Democracy brought glory the FWLM unexpected to the feudal lords
and its all in the context of Marik: plunder, privateering, robbery, industrial expansion, smuggling, brought together in the Marik Civil war as a constant battle for ideas, not excluding the pious, the righteous (i mean SERAPHIM REGIMENT)

lets not forget our great Campaign in Kurita space, through the worm hole, despite that it was "arranged" we had many great battles, hmm my lucrative organ deal with Kurita high ups, thats where i got the money to invest in orbital space bacon factories hmm yummy (available to all bulk buyers/oh i forgot mine got burned at the liao border when i was escaping during CW2)
also in CW1 the loyalists where a bigger % giving a specific spice when fighting a faction. each faction/unit having a more or less lore oriented but homogeneous battle strategy

Edited by multisoul, 06 January 2016 - 04:03 PM.

#155 Javin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 519 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 09:59 PM

Good Luck Marik. Liao will roll over your planets in a green tide.

#156 Alienized

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 January 2016 - 06:16 AM

View PostZerex, on 06 January 2016 - 03:04 PM, said:

I think this will be my last post on this thread, might try and to keep up to date with it, but going back to 4 nights a week of practice i will only be around to drop at the weekends now Posted Image

Just to echo what Kjudoon has said in his last post, this is CW, COMMUNITY Warfare, of a Mechwarrior game, not battletech. Until some sort of faction peace/war tab is added to give the star map a life it is missing at the minute, it is down to us as players to fill this void, this is officially billed as Beta 3, test it, break it.

Make your own allies and enemies, there is no lore past 3050 in Mechwarrior Online, this is the time to make our own stories, with epic battles over planets, it might mean nothing to anyone else other than to those who were there. But for those involved in that small story, they will remember it. Roll play as much as you want, just please don't try to follow the lore of Battletech, it seems such a waste to play out a story that has already been told rather than to be a part of a new story of our own making in this sandbox galaxy.

In this short stay in Liao space, we have been hired to crush Davions, which then lend us to attack Marik as it was the only other place to attack, we have taken 5 AS planets, given rebirth to our 1200 ton Atlas wall for both attacking and defending and started a small war only to be disavowed by the Liao leadership.

It might have been short but we made it eventful.

See you on the Battlefield

o7

well come to the pink side of the war :> its fun, trust me :D

#157 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 07 January 2016 - 06:22 AM

View PostNeput Z34, on 04 January 2016 - 08:41 PM, said:

If seven pages of "comments" proves anything, is that actual CW is as fun as watching paint dry.

It is far more entertaining to hurtle verbal insults at one another then to actuality fight for a planet.

no u

#158 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 January 2016 - 06:23 AM

View PostJavin, on 06 January 2016 - 09:59 PM, said:

Good Luck Marik. Liao will roll over your planets in a green tide.

Posted Image

Mmmmmm Dessert? Just leave it at the Arby's. Hey, we can have a Liao/Marik ice cream social and mixer with beer tent!

Edited by Kjudoon, 07 January 2016 - 06:28 AM.

#159 Alec Braca

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, Massachusetts USA

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:53 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 06 January 2016 - 01:25 PM, said:

The Seraphim does a lot of lore building including ribbons and bars for accomplishments for members on their Teamspeak. I know more are probably coming once battles have real meaning.

Asuncion would not have mattered at all if it had not been for a LOT of roleplaying on our unit's part as well as the FWLM 22nd Argyle Lancers, some HHOD and a few other Davion units getting into the spirit.

It is very nice to see the Phoenix Legion getting into the spirit of this with their press releases. I would hope they extend their tour. Don't be surprised if more stuff comes out.

See... people may think that it's who the opponent is and how well regarded they are as a tough enemy that matters in this. It's not. In fact, it has little to do with it. It's the personal drama you can put into it, and the roleplay in the forums that make these things worth remembering. Wazan is not memorable because it was the best units in the war between Marik and Davion or even the inner sphere. It is because the people who chose to participate took the next level and put something of themselves into it.

This meme brawling between Marik and the Antares Scorpions isn't much in the way of role play as much as it is just fun and shenanigans that took some serious attempts to start a war into something very entertaining and funny.

You guys up in the FRR should try to do the same. Since the game has no meaning, you must make it or find it where you can.

<O

Um Hell yeah I fully support this and will bring this up higher. Would you mind messaging me on how you would construct your campaign ribbons and or some document format you used to record if any? I think this will give some people focus up north.

#160 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:05 AM

Jeez you guys actually have named CW battles/campaigns?

Those were indeed epic battles in the early days and weeks of CW, the scale of which will probably never be seen again. Someone actually calculated that over 12,000 mechs were destroyed on Wazan this time last year, which is probably a low figure. It was that intense---full-on Marik vs. Davion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users