Cw Map Based Event

Comunity warfare Faction map

45 replies to this topic

Poll: CW map based events. (104 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Pgi start doing these types of events?

1. Yes (92 votes [88.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 88.46%

2. No (10 votes [9.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.62%

3. Other (Explain) (2 votes [1.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.92%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts
  • LocationSt. Ives, Capital Apocalypse Lancers Compact

Posted 28 February 2016 - 07:59 AM

Posted similar idea for campaign events. CW really needs incentives to play other than Loyalty Points (which will probably change with Phase 3).

http://mwomercs.com/...ign-a-cw-event/

#22 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 February 2016 - 09:24 AM

View PostBoloJoe, on 28 February 2016 - 07:59 AM, said:

Posted similar idea for campaign events. CW really needs incentives to play other than Loyalty Points (which will probably change with Phase 3).

http://mwomercs.com/...ign-a-cw-event/

I hadn't seen your thread, indeed your idea is very similar to mine. I'll add a link to your thread in the OP.

#23 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 March 2016 - 12:16 AM

What kind of rewards should there be for this kind of event?

Cbills & faction goodies with some MC sprinkled on top?

#24 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 March 2016 - 12:51 AM

90% of voters in favour, nice.

#25 Dianesion

Rookie

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 04:45 AM

The more CW, the better.

#26 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 April 2016 - 08:15 PM

View PostDianesion, on 07 April 2016 - 04:45 AM, said:

The more CW, the better.

Yup

#27 Mmerryweather

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 09:11 AM

It would be great if they had events similar (or exactly like it because it's an awesome idea) to this suggestion once a month, even if rewards were toned down because of the frequency. I don't think that it would take much effort on PGI's part, but I could be wrong. Anything to liven up this game, especially FW, would be greatly appreciated by most of the player base (I think). A lot of F2P games have daily incentives to play the game that take the form of bonus rewards. Lacking this, PGI should take a page from their playbook.

Edited by Mmerryweather, 28 April 2016 - 09:11 AM.

#28 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 May 2016 - 05:18 PM

View PostMmerryweather, on 28 April 2016 - 09:11 AM, said:

It would be great if they had events similar (or exactly like it because it's an awesome idea) to this suggestion once a month, even if rewards were toned down because of the frequency. I don't think that it would take much effort on PGI's part, but I could be wrong. Anything to liven up this game, especially FW, would be greatly appreciated by most of the player base (I think). A lot of F2P games have daily incentives to play the game that take the form of bonus rewards. Lacking this, PGI should take a page from their playbook.

That's actually a big chunk of what I was thinking when I originally made this thread.

Events could be used to spice up the wars between factions, rally more players to the fight, etc.

#29 GaryIce

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:31 AM

But plz guyz give them "very" long timeframes. Because we waiting more than we play it.
I was here like 10 hours a day and only was able to play 20 invasion matches in the current event.

Also ghost drops should get something.... rewarding in them. minimum AI pilots.
Or just let the freelancers join in any fight which would be a ghostdrop otherwise.

#30 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:18 AM

View PostGaryIce, on 06 May 2016 - 11:31 AM, said:

But plz guyz give them "very" long timeframes. Because we waiting more than we play it.
I was here like 10 hours a day and only was able to play 20 invasion matches in the current event.

Also ghost drops should get something.... rewarding in them. minimum AI pilots.
Or just let the freelancers join in any fight which would be a ghostdrop otherwise.

Well if this gets added & it successfully gets more people in CW/FW then wait times would drop substantially, even more so if it got a reputation for having shorter wait times.

As for ghost drops, I think a boost in rewards or even an automatic win would make things better. Otherwise they could add more turrets or AI something.

#31 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 May 2016 - 12:30 AM

Is there any real reason in particular why this would be a bad idea? Anyone?

#32 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:26 AM

All important systems (sector capitals, major mech manufacturers, lostech sites) should have major events built around them.
When these planets are reached that front (i.e. Jade Falcon/Steiner) should have a weekend long event with only that world contested and make it like Tukayyid (no resetting after each battle phase). Mercs and Freelancers should have incentives and the option to change contracts to join the fight.

Sarna has all this lore info, PGI just needs to use it to make FW more interesting.

#33 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 June 2016 - 02:18 PM

View PostBoloJoe, on 03 June 2016 - 07:26 AM, said:

All important systems (sector capitals, major mech manufacturers, lostech sites) should have major events built around them.
When these planets are reached that front (i.e. Jade Falcon/Steiner) should have a weekend long event with only that world contested and make it like Tukayyid (no resetting after each battle phase). Mercs and Freelancers should have incentives and the option to change contracts to join the fight.

Sarna has all this lore info, PGI just needs to use it to make FW more interesting.

Pgi has taken some steps to improve immersion & the general feel. This idea would go a long way to taking the next big step.

Tuk type events for just two factions & mercs would be epic. #Pgiplz

#34 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 July 2016 - 03:41 PM

The recent CW/FP event wasn't exactly what I had in mind but was at least in the generalish direction.

#35 Joshua Jay Rodenbaugh

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8 posts
  • LocationUSA, NE

Posted 19 July 2016 - 03:38 PM

New bug with the latest Updates / patch for the "Viper"
I cant buy new Omnipods for any of my Vipers.
I can remove them and they show up in the Ominpods Tab of the MeckLab, but the DropDown tabs named "Head" ect are not there by default, just a blank Tab.
https://scontent-ord...991139781_o.jpg

#36 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 10:56 AM

Something I noticed from the last CW/FP event is the complete imbalance between Factions.

Jade Falcon had like 14% of the population and was able to steamroll any opposition with numbers. Also this limited the number of planets where matches were actually available.

The cbill penalty (-40% for Jade Falcon during the event) isn't the balancing factor that PGI thought it would be so changes need to be made - each Faction needs a cap placed on it to help spread the player base around - maybe 12% with a -20% cbill penalty. This would lead to a more fun/interesting experience, especially for solo players/freelancers whose presence would actually be able to level the field.

#37 iLLcapitan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 654 posts
  • LocationBirdhouse

Posted 27 July 2016 - 04:47 AM

They need to appoint a gamemaster for CW, one of the staff who checks in daily for 30 min and sets the frame for this.
Otherwise we always end up in totally goofy maps of the inner sphere. The GM could setup monthly campaigns, organize faction balance and such.

Edited by iLLcapitan, 27 July 2016 - 04:47 AM.

#38 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 August 2016 - 06:40 PM

View PostBoloJoe, on 25 July 2016 - 10:56 AM, said:

Something I noticed from the last CW/FP event is the complete imbalance between Factions.

Jade Falcon had like 14% of the population and was able to steamroll any opposition with numbers. Also this limited the number of planets where matches were actually available.

The cbill penalty (-40% for Jade Falcon during the event) isn't the balancing factor that PGI thought it would be so changes need to be made - each Faction needs a cap placed on it to help spread the player base around - maybe 12% with a -20% cbill penalty. This would lead to a more fun/interesting experience, especially for solo players/freelancers whose presence would actually be able to level the field.

Agreed.

An idea for any future CW/FP events.

Pgi should set a target attack planet for each faction. If your faction takes it's target planet there's a faction wide reward & maybe a cockpit item &/or extra reward, etc for everyone that played a minimum required number of matches/achieved a minimum required number of victories.

The reward would be multiplied if your faction takes more than one target planet, especially for those players that contributed to both captures.

If your faction "loses" a planet an opposing faction was targeting you could get a reduced reward or only get a (smaller) reward if you participated in the defense of that planet.

Personally, I'd say the target planet should require some effort to get to. Your faction would need to capture a planet or two to be able to assault the target planet.

If your faction took it's target planet quickly enough there could be a second target planet with an appropriate reward for taking it as well.

#39 BoloJoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 333 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 03:21 PM

Well the latest FP event (Operation Frontline 2) was a little different - gave away more variety of prizes (a lot of warhorns) but you needed to complete three challenges to get the free mechs. I also wish that they either gave you a pick of your free mech (you had a choose between two in a past event) or at least have good mechs as the prize (Executioner and Zeus - really?!?!?).

#40 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 October 2016 - 05:45 PM

View PostBoloJoe, on 27 September 2016 - 03:21 PM, said:

Well the latest FP event (Operation Frontline 2) was a little different - gave away more variety of prizes (a lot of warhorns) but you needed to complete three challenges to get the free mechs. I also wish that they either gave you a pick of your free mech (you had a choose between two in a past event) or at least have good mechs as the prize (Executioner and Zeus - really?!?!?).

They've gotten close but not quite.

Here's an new version.

Assign a target planet for each faction depending on who they choose to attack.

If your faction successfully captures & holds the target planet you receive double the rewards &/or unique rewards. Of course, to be eligible you'd have to play a minimum number of matches.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users