• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:27 PM

It's going to be sad watching all those new players get clubbed and have no access to organized help and that's exactly what I see happening.

CW by its nature and mechanics is not "easy" for solo and new players regardless of queue separation and segregation. Most times the players I see trying to help ARE the units and premades because that's where we recruit from honestly.

Helping those players, getting them to have a better time in MWo and/or CW is how we build our unit strength and numbers. We want the exact opposite of seal clubbing. That does nothing but run players away.

Do you really think the players donating money to keep up free public TS servers want smaller crowds?
DO you really think those units like that want new players to go away?
Do you really think that those players want a smaller player base?

If you do, you grossly misunderstand or misrepresent what the majority of those players want and mean to this community.

#22 Screech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:28 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 14 January 2016 - 12:01 PM, said:

All it does is take the players without unit tags and puts them in their own queue. Solo players in a unit will be in the unit queue. Pretty mild change..

So I can now solo drop without a matchmaker? Smooth sailing from here on out.

#23 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:29 PM

View PostKhobai, on 14 January 2016 - 12:08 PM, said:

pugstomping just shouldnt exist in CW period.

most players that play CW are solo players

no it shouldn't
so do some self-policing and help stop it

most players do?
Can you show us the statistical data you have?

I don't recall PGI ever making that statement, especially in regards to CW.

#24 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:31 PM

So what is stopping units from simply dropping their tags?

#25 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:34 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 14 January 2016 - 12:13 PM, said:

Generally people in units will understand teamwork, even if they dropped alone.

I think its a good step in the right direction. Should still be plenty of people in the unit queue, but the new players and people who just like to rambo can have their kiddie pool.

It's not the group queue that's going to suffer

That's the problem. The group queue will keep chugging along just fine. Our wait times might go up a bit but I doubt it. The ones that are truly going to be hurt are the solo players.

You really think tossing all those solo players and new players into the deep end with ZERO coordination and help from more organized players is going to improve their CW experience?

I can easily start taking screen shots of faction chat showing exactly how confused, lost, disoriented, etc. those players new to CW are and the only ones bothering to help them are those in groups most times.

You think those seal clubbers that want this are going to be helping them? No, they're just going to sync drop, continue dropping solo, etc. and continue blasting new players and giving them a horrible CW experience.

This isn't going to have much of an impact on group queue. The ones losing out are going to be new players and solos, not groups. But some of you keep up with your evil premade rhetoric. At least I won't have to listen to it.

To all those solo and new players that will get hosed by keeping us separated from you and unable to assist you with tips, advice, drop locations, etc.?
Take it up with PGI, they're doing this for you.

#26 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:35 PM

TBH, the "group unit" queue is going to suffer, due to math™.

Edited by Deathlike, 14 January 2016 - 12:36 PM.

#27 Screech

• Knight Errant
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:36 PM

View PostThomasMarik, on 14 January 2016 - 12:31 PM, said:

Self-respect?

LOL like that would matter.

#28 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:36 PM

View PostThomasMarik, on 14 January 2016 - 12:31 PM, said:

nothing along with

sync drops
dropping solo just to club seals
roflstomps are about to become more common for those poor players stuck in solo queues because they won't have organized players like us to help them.

I'm not doing PGI's job for them in this regard if they're going to continue this kind of segregation. The group population is large enough to continue supporting the game, just as it has for 3 years now, without an influx of new players.

When those players get tired of being clubbed and roflstomped they'll either move on to another game or realize that those evil premades weren't quite a nefarious as they thought when they bought into all the boogeyman propaganda.

Sorry everyone that will be stuck in the solo queue, I truly am, but you know where to find those that want to help you out :)

#29 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:37 PM

most players do?
Can you show us the statistical data you have?

Russ has posted statistics go look for them

most CW players are pugs

#30 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:37 PM

Need to drop my tag then. I'll make a stupid amount of money in CW. Like feeding puppies into a wood chipper.

#31 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:38 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 14 January 2016 - 12:35 PM, said:

TBH, the "group unit" queue is going to suffer, due to math™.

nah, groups easily organize enough 12 mans and border skirmishes to always find our games. All it takes is a few posts in the faction sub-forums and we organize entire wars independent of PGI.

Trust me, it's not the group queue goin to take the hit on this one.

View PostKhobai, on 14 January 2016 - 12:37 PM, said:

most CW players are pugs

which has what to do with solo players?

I'm a PUG player. Everything I've ever said in regards to CW is form the point of view of a dedicated PUG player.

#32 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:40 PM

At least less people will whine and moan about "OP" mechs.

#33 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:41 PM

View PostSandpit, on 14 January 2016 - 12:34 PM, said:

It's not the group queue that's going to suffer

That's the problem. The group queue will keep chugging along just fine. Our wait times might go up a bit but I doubt it. The ones that are truly going to be hurt are the solo players.

You really think tossing all those solo players and new players into the deep end with ZERO coordination and help from more organized players is going to improve their CW experience?

I can easily start taking screen shots of faction chat showing exactly how confused, lost, disoriented, etc. those players new to CW are and the only ones bothering to help them are those in groups most times.

You think those seal clubbers that want this are going to be helping them? No, they're just going to sync drop, continue dropping solo, etc. and continue blasting new players and giving them a horrible CW experience.

This isn't going to have much of an impact on group queue. The ones losing out are going to be new players and solos, not groups. But some of you keep up with your evil premade rhetoric. At least I won't have to listen to it.

To all those solo and new players that will get hosed by keeping us separated from you and unable to assist you with tips, advice, drop locations, etc.?
Take it up with PGI, they're doing this for you.

Its not group queue, its unit queue. If you have a unit tag and drop solo in CW, you get put in the unit queue. If you do not have a unit tag, you go into the solo queue. "Seal clubbers" like me, the rest of NS, MS, 228th, etc, will keep doing what we are doing... either dropping solo against other players in units, or dropping in a group, the only difference is, if you aren't in a unit, you won't go up against people in units. So.. we aren't going to be blasting new players UNLESS they make their own unit, which would be very foolish of them.

So, it effectively shelters new players or players who aren't interested in teamwork from being matched up against players in units. It won't be the deepend, it will be up against other players who are equally clueless, or the players who don't want to coordinate and play as a team. We see them all the time, players who know how to play but just do their own thing.

I don't even know what you are arguing.. who do you think wants this? How does this increase seal clubbing? You aren't making any sense?

#34 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Oh the humanity!

Sorry guys, it's just logical that the game does things to help the population that PGI stands to garner the most income from. That's not vets that have already purchased most of their content or hit a point where purchasing is at a stopping point.

#35 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

View PostMischiefSC, on 14 January 2016 - 12:37 PM, said:

Need to drop my tag then. I'll make a stupid amount of money in CW. Like feeding puppies into a wood chipper.

which is exactly what all those seal clubbers are about to do.

There's no "I can't have fun cuz groups beat me" excuse now, so they'll be able to do nothing BUT hunt new players and such. It's not like they'll have to worry about dropping on Marik borders now. Those of us in groups can't stop them from beating on our solo and new players now and I'm not dropping in the solo CW queue simply because PGI wants to segregate them from me and other players in premades.

#36 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:43 PM

View PostSandpit, on 14 January 2016 - 12:36 PM, said:

nothing along with

sync drops
dropping solo just to club seals
roflstomps are about to become more common for those poor players stuck in solo queues because they won't have organized players like us to help them.

You should be more informed dude.

I'm in a unit. After this change, I drop solo in CW, I will be put in the UNIT QUEUE, not the solo queue, so no seal clubbing.

#37 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:43 PM

There is also the fun of one side with tags dropping in a planet that the other side only has non tag units. Both sides just get ghost drops. Which means the planet can never be taken.

#38 MerryIguana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 627 posts
  • LocationLurksville

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:44 PM

Lol what a tantrum.

#39 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:46 PM

View PostThomasMarik, on 14 January 2016 - 12:43 PM, said:

There is also the fun of one side with tags dropping in a planet that the other side only has non tag units. Both sides just get ghost drops. Which means the planet can never be taken.

Yeah, that is what most people have said about splitting queues since the very beginning. BUT, we have to protect the sheep.

When people start whining about skill matchmaking, consider how a Tier 1 team couldn't defend a planet from a Tier 5 team because it wouldn't be fair, therefore the Tier 5 team takes the planet for free.

#40 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:46 PM

View PostSandpit, on 14 January 2016 - 12:38 PM, said:

nah, groups easily organize enough 12 mans and border skirmishes to always find our games. All it takes is a few posts in the faction sub-forums and we organize entire wars independent of PGI.

Trust me, it's not the group queue goin to take the hit on this one.

Actually, I'm rethinking the math.

I guess there will be still be players in units dropping solo, but I'm unsure what portion are in units that do this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users