Best Mech To Do Contest

46 replies to this topic

#21 Cath

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:52 PM

well, i've already given up. Took out a lrm boat. 670 damage, 6 assists, nothing. took out laser boats, nothing there either. Centurions with srms for huge alpha, nothing. I've gotten 2 in about 30 games. Not gonna happen in a week. Shame too since I'm new and these events arn't for new people. just the ones that have all this stuff already.

#22 Hawk_eye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 325 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:55 PM

Have a look here:

and here:

for some inspiration withe the ´crow

#23 CJ Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 222 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:00 PM

View PostCath, on 14 January 2016 - 09:52 PM, said:

well, i've already given up. Took out a lrm boat. 670 damage, 6 assists, nothing. took out laser boats, nothing there either. Centurions with srms for huge alpha, nothing. I've gotten 2 in about 30 games. Not gonna happen in a week. Shame too since I'm new and these events arn't for new people. just the ones that have all this stuff already.

One, the first day, the events are always crazy.. I know how to play, and i am having trouble.. People just running around like chickens with their head cut off trying to kill a mech. Events people rarely follow any strats or suggestions, they just go after a kill. which is funny, because if you roll the other team, or have a good match, your chances of getting a point go way up. Unlike, just walking in front of someone while they are firing, hoping you can get some damage..

After a few days, people finish the thing, and switch to other more support style mechs, and it's easier to get points in general..

2, some events are not really for new players, and this seams like it is one of them.. (why they would give a hard event this time with so many new people i am not sure) To me, they should of added, KILL or Most damage Kill.. that way, people would have a much easier chance of getting points.

Don't give up.. ya got till monday.. Take it slow, I'm just trying to grind money for the sale so i don't really care about the points,...By the time i earn the 18m i need i should have um anyway.. but tonight was just pure hell..

#24 Sagamore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:19 PM

Your best bet to get kill most damage is to knock off side torsos. You get credit for damaging what is left of the arm too.

Its a bit annoying because people aren't going for kill shots, they are stripping enemy mechs but that is one way to get points I guess.

#25 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:26 PM

High DPS builds are best i.e. something that shoots often and does at least >20 points of damage per volley. If aiming is not your strong point, LRM, SRM and SSRM builds will help.

Focus on a single target if possible instead of constantly switching targets.

#26 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:36 PM

The SRM-equipped Centurion actually sounds like a good bet. Follow some of the other players' advice above, and you should be fine.

These events are for everyone. Part of the event is introducing NEW players to some of these concepts, and getting you to think about the difference between just dealing a crapload of damage to an enemy, and actually KILLING it. About what weapons do how much damage, and how well they do it, and if that's REALLY the best metric for a weapon's value to you. And so on. This is actually BETTER for new players, than for those of us who've been around for a few years.

Take it as a lesson. What does this challenge/event have to teach you? What can you learn from it? Embrace the opportunity to learn.

#27 Bergitor

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:11 PM

Here's what I don't get...I've gotten two (early in the morning on the 14th) and they haven't show up. I'm a newbie, running around in a RVN-2X. Hell I even had one match where I got 5 of the 12 kills, granted only one of those I got the most damage on, and I'm not seeing an uptick on the tracker. How long does it take to update?

Update....
ahh I see why I wasn't credited. The contest started at 10am PST. I'm on EST and was playing around 6am. The contest hadn't even begun :(

Edited by Bergitor, 14 January 2016 - 11:27 PM.

#28 Volkster

• PipPip
  • Major
  • Major
  • 32 posts
  • LocationSaarland

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:21 PM

In Tier3 I run surprisingly well mit my LRM Mauler. 4 LRM15 in Chain with TAG and about 2300 rounds of ammo. I almost never overheat (except when i get too greedy). In the last few matches I got between one and six Most Damage Kills, and always between 400 and 1000 damage.

I did not expect that it would do so good in the event. but since actual kills dont matter this mech is fine.

#29 Thunderchild

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 49 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 15 January 2016 - 01:07 AM

I've had great success with mauler brawler (STD 300, 6mpl, 2 uac 5) and K2 with 2PPC + 2 LPL. 15 points in 2 hours.

#30 PigsinBlankets

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 01:42 AM

CN9-AH with AC20 and a pair of SRM4s is doing the business for me on a relatively consistent basis. I'm quite new (early December start) - I got the CN9-AH as a stocking stuffer and loved it so much I went out of my way to master Cents despite having bought the ShadowHawk bundle in the sale.
Look for high point of damage weapons, PPC/AC20 etc, 3/4 hits with the AC20 to the same location and few SRM4 hits is going to get you the kill whetever it is and is highly likely to get you KMDD as well. In a medium pick on lights, or if you are fast really slow assaults from behind or when they are focusing on your assaults / heavies, hit a locust or commando with the AC20 once or twice and you have most likely killed it, and chances are no one else is bothering with the lights and so hasn't hit the locust yet.

#31 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 15 January 2016 - 01:49 AM

I, Personally, am a fan of the high DPS builds for all damage based events. I drop, I charge, I rack up points, I do it again.

http://mwomercs.com/...ting-thy-enemy/
Herein I detail my thoughts on DPS building and show a walkthrough of said build in action.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 15 January 2016 - 02:00 AM.

#32 Kurbeks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 337 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 07:22 AM

Just take trial Crab like i said. Every heavy dakka build is perfect for this event, espeically with UAC's. Just find some target and whack with those 4 UAC's you should get at least 1-2 KMDD per match easily.

#33 Tanil Kane

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 07:50 AM

The Trial TDR-9SE(C) is awesome for kills most dmg. with the 3 LPL's in a single location you can core people out really easy. Get a rear arc and a mech will go down fast.

I've done all mine in a Shadowcat-B, but I don't think it's avail as a trial mech.

#34 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,064 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 15 January 2016 - 09:01 AM

I have been sailing through this event using my Atlas-S. It has a good combination of killing power and damage potential. The trial Atlas should also work. Just setup around a corner and wait for a target. Or make a B-line for the basement in HPG.

I went with assaults as the heavy que is pretty flooded at the moment. Lights are probably the hardest class for this event.

#35 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 15 January 2016 - 09:31 AM

If you want to get the points for the challenge, bring a heavy hitter with large AC. Those are designed for dealing heavy, concentrated damage to get rid of armor and make a mech easy pickings. If you use a pair of AC20, odds are you'll do enough dmg to one location that an ally will pick the enemy off easy, giving you most damage dealt.

#36 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 15 January 2016 - 09:36 AM

View PostRepasy, on 15 January 2016 - 09:31 AM, said:

If you want to get the points for the challenge, bring a heavy hitter with large AC. Those are designed for dealing heavy, concentrated damage to get rid of armor and make a mech easy pickings. If you use a pair of AC20, odds are you'll do enough dmg to one location that an ally will pick the enemy off easy, giving you most damage dealt.

I started using my KGC-000B with twin AC/20 and 3 LL. The points started rolling in. So I second this suggestion.

#37 Scandisk

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 18 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 15 January 2016 - 09:49 AM

The trial king crab is AMAZING: very nice dps, durable and it's kinda easy to get all the points you need for this event Posted Image

#38 Boulangerie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 10:22 AM

The main tip I'd have is to focus on just one opponent until they go down. You are pretty much guaranteed one point per match this way.

If you decide to bring LRMs to try to farm a bunch of damage, remember to focus on one target until they die, try to remember their designation (A,B, C etc.) and lock onto them again when you get LOS or your teammate engages them again.

Don't forget that if you rack up a ton of damage on a mech, and they retreat and stay alive until the end of the match, you won't get your point either, so don't be afraid to finish people off.

in a way, having teammates who are specialized for damage dealing, and finishing of opponents (would be the killing blow reward) can be very beneficial for a team. This event seems to encourage DPS, but the enemy does still need to die for it to count. This might be a good event to switch to backstabbing light mechs, after you've racked up as many points as you need :)

#39 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 15 January 2016 - 10:39 AM

View PostBoulangerie, on 15 January 2016 - 10:22 AM, said:

The main tip I'd have is to focus on just one opponent until they go down. You are pretty much guaranteed one point per match this way.

If you decide to bring LRMs to try to farm a bunch of damage, remember to focus on one target until they die, try to remember their designation (A,B, C etc.) and lock onto them again when you get LOS or your teammate engages them again.

Don't forget that if you rack up a ton of damage on a mech, and they retreat and stay alive until the end of the match, you won't get your point either, so don't be afraid to finish people off.

in a way, having teammates who are specialized for damage dealing, and finishing of opponents (would be the killing blow reward) can be very beneficial for a team. This event seems to encourage DPS, but the enemy does still need to die for it to count. This might be a good event to switch to backstabbing light mechs, after you've racked up as many points as you need Posted Image

To add onto this, if you bring lrms bring narc too. It not only helps you keep track of your priority targets, it can disable ecm, provide targets for your allies, and can even send the odd pilot bolting for cover, leaving their allies in a pinch. Of all the matches I've been involved in, at least 1 heavy lrm boat is a must, but it's the narc that tips the battle in your favor.

#40 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:01 PM

My Brawler Atlasses are doing great, either the D-DC or the S. AC20, lots of SRMs and some lasers for back-up
Getting consistent 1, 2 or 3 kill most damage games with those (and the occasional dud of course).

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users