Arrow Vs Bj-1Dc

8 replies to this topic

#1 Hit the Deck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 15 January 2016 - 05:08 AM

Original post is gone because of editing error, sorry!

So I already have a BJ-1X (lolmeta build) and will soon buy a BJ-3 (I'll propably make it as a poptart). This leaves me with an ARROW, a BJ-1DC, or a BJ-1 but I'm only considering the first two. The ARROW has better energy quirks for a sniper and also better mobility but the BJ-1DC has better E HPs placement. I think I want to build them as snipers first because of their bonus to E range quirks so at the end I'll have a lolmeta BJ-1X, poptart BJ-3, and preferably a sniper Blackjack.

My goal aside, which one do you prefer and why?

Edited by Hit the Deck, 15 January 2016 - 05:58 AM.

#2 epikt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 05:19 AM

What exactly do you want to do with this mech?

I would recommend the Arrow, because jets (edit: and sexy purple camo)(but that's a personal thing), but it's fairly different from the 1DC.
Just to give you an idea, I play the Arrow with 3 LPLas and the 1DC with an AC/10 and 6 MLas.

edit again: and if your main focus is energy quirks, consider the BJ-3.

Edited by epikt, 15 January 2016 - 05:22 AM.

#3 El Mala Muerte Pollo

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 05:19 AM

well depends what you want. I have both and the Arrow uses 3 LL and the DC 1AC20 and 3 ML. And both are fun to play...

#4 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 15 January 2016 - 06:05 AM

OP is fixed now, sorry! The AC/20 build looks fun (have tried it in way back the past with the BJ-1) but I can't seem to make a decent AC/10 or Gauss build.

#5 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 15 January 2016 - 06:09 AM

The 1X and 3 are the easy winners (I've mastered all variants), so I wouldn't spend MC for the third. The Arrow is fine, but all energy are in the torso, which is a drawback. The 1DC is putzy (no increased engine cap and no JJ) but with current quirks can do fine.

#6 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 15 January 2016 - 06:21 AM

View PostHit the Deck, on 15 January 2016 - 05:08 AM, said:

Original post is gone because of editing error, sorry!

So I already have a BJ-1X (lolmeta build) and will soon buy a BJ-3 (I'll propably make it as a poptart). This leaves me with an ARROW, a BJ-1DC, or a BJ-1 but I'm only considering the first two. The ARROW has better energy quirks for a sniper and also better mobility but the BJ-1DC has better E HPs placement. I think I want to build them as snipers first because of their bonus to E range quirks so at the end I'll have a lolmeta BJ-1X, poptart BJ-3, and preferably a sniper Blackjack.

My goal aside, which one do you prefer and why?

Actually, your goal NOT aside...I liked my Arrow as a 3 erll sniper. Yes all weapons are in torsos. Big deal when you are this mobile. Once crabs were introduced I dropped back to 2 erll and put the mgs back in. Its fun if you keep moving. I have least luck with 3lpl build. Too slow for me.

#7 epikt

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 06:48 AM

View PostHit the Deck, on 15 January 2016 - 06:05 AM, said:

I can't seem to make a decent AC/10 or Gauss build

Gauss, forget.
AC/10... meh. I only use the AC/10 on my 1DC because it would break my heart to sell a BlackJack, those are such beautiful machines, so cute. But eh, I see little point to this variant if you're not using the 6 energy hardpoints AND at least one ballistic (if not, better use the 1X, 1 or 3, depending of the situation), hence my AC/10+6MLas build. Not great. But still decent. And usually underestimated by the enemy.

#8 Darwins Dog

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 07:17 AM

Unless you are really in it for the Laser range/duration quirks, the BJ-1 is better than the 1DC. JJ are too useful IMO.

Between the 1DC and the Arrow, I would go with arrow. It gives you the most options for variety among your BJs, and 30% cbill bonus is always a good thing. I run the AC/20, 3xML build on mine, and I quite enjoy it.

#9 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 16 January 2016 - 01:26 AM

So I finally bought the ARROW because I just couldn't resist the C-Bill bonus, the ability to mount JJs, and it's at a discount right now!

I run either 3LL+4MG or 3LPL.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users