#1 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 21 January 2016 - 05:47 AM

Initially Timberwolf5 of the 2323 was supposed to be overseeing the screen shots and giving out of 'K' tags, however I think he's been inactive for some time.

In his absence, I believe mostly unit leaders have managing been the tags. I have assigned a new person, GHoppa of ISEN, to take over.

He noticed a lot of mistakes in the 'K' rooms, most of which fell into two problem areas:

1. They were Clan Screen shots (the FRR Hub only gives out tags that were gotten in IS mechs - with the exception of 5k+.

2. There weren't enough screen shots. A tag often requires two screen shots and members had only posted one.

Hoppa has gone through the list and made notes where there were problems:

Posted Image

They look like that^

If RKA leaders want to change the rules to include clans, we can have meeting and vote on it. In the meantime Hoppa is going to strictly enforce the rules as they are, in the future I hope leaders from all units more carefully attribute the tags to the correct members.
Lastly, if unit a leader notices members of a different RKA unit wearing the improper tags, please do not unilaterally remove them. Instead speak with the leader of that unit or speak with GHoppa so they can take care of it.

Thanks.

Edited by Mech The Dane, 21 January 2016 - 10:19 AM.

#2 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 21 January 2016 - 08:08 AM

Good job, I also noticed some incorrectly awarded tags.

2323 is on a brief faction tour for mechbays just like us in MJ12 I believe, so my guess is that Timberwolf5 is just not keeping up with FRR business while in the other factions.

I think it's great to have strict rules for the K tags, makes them mean something. As far as I'm concerned the requirement could even be more than 2 screens to show that a person with a K tag is someone who can output those numbers with some degree of consistency and not just a couple fluke games, but that might be too impractical.

#3 kirbubble2

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 03:01 PM

Quick question, I noticed that only 2K+ need 2 screen shots. Does this mean that 1K proofs have to be 2 screenshots also?

#4 StonedVet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 03:09 PM

View PostSjorpha, on 21 January 2016 - 08:08 AM, said:

Good job, I also noticed some incorrectly awarded tags.

2323 is on a brief faction tour for mechbays just like us in MJ12 I believe, so my guess is that Timberwolf5 is just not keeping up with FRR business while in the other factions.

I think it's great to have strict rules for the K tags, makes them mean something. As far as I'm concerned the requirement could even be more than 2 screens to show that a person with a K tag is someone who can output those numbers with some degree of consistency and not just a couple fluke games, but that might be too impractical.

Makes them mean something ...

You mean like getting 2k in clan should yield a 3k tag instead?

Because clan is easy mode right.

No big deal, I'm still going to laugh my rear off at the reasons being given though.

Don't get me wrong, happy to be with 2323 and on the FRR hub. To me staying alive long enough in clan tech the way things are now to dish out 1k + is an achiement in itself.

Looking forward to getting back into IS chassis.
Cheers

Edited by Lowridah, 21 January 2016 - 03:33 PM.

#5 Bloodlustknight

Rookie

• The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 03:23 PM

I fully understand about being awarded with the K tags by IS mechs only since we are FRR which is IS (until PGI decides to merge FRR and GB)

I am going to point this out though, given the fact you might get more damage on clan mechs since they now have to burn through a LOT of structure, you still will not end up with a lot of 2ks cause you just die way to fast. So clans isn't really easy mode at the moment. IS has more range, more tonnage, more brawl, less heat, etc.

Clans.......well we get cool UACs.

Also I will be posting the screenshots now that I have the capabilities to save them thanks to steam, this laptop has no print screen option which is why the K tags I had was basically though eye witness with my unit leaders or Timberwolf5 at the time.

I suggest for those in your unit, if they cannot print screen, have someone else print screen it for them please so that all of us can show our true might (or pug slaughter Posted Image )

So from 2323, happy hunting!

#6 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 03:41 PM

View Postkirbubble2, on 21 January 2016 - 03:01 PM, said:

Quick question, I noticed that only 2K+ need 2 screen shots. Does this mean that 1K proofs have to be 2 screenshots also?

At the moment 1k requires only a single screen shot.

View PostLowridah, on 21 January 2016 - 03:09 PM, said:

Because the FRR Hub is an FRR faction orientated organization and the 'K' tags we give out should be representative of how well a given pilot can do or has done with the weapons the FRR can bare.

No big deal, I'm still going to laugh my rear off at the reasons being given though.

Cheers

I believe the reason I stated, which should to some degree echo Sjorpha's sentiments, should be quite rational. I couldn't tell you what is or isn't easy mode, and if it is easier in the IS to get a high score then I suppose everyone should rejoice? The 'K' tags aren't them selves super serious, I didn't even really want to do them, but enough people pushed that I finally capitulated.

That being said in order for their not to be problems or disagreements over these superfluous tags the rules will be enforced. If an RKA unit wants to change the rules (for instance to include Clan matches) they only have to call an RKA leadership vote and we can discuss and vote on the matter. I personally don't have strong emotions either way.

But, as I stated, I will enforce the rules to maintain order. If that is a problem and you want to laugh at your fellow compatriots for caring, I am disappointed but would love to alleviate those emotions with a Holmgang.

Edited by Mech The Dane, 21 January 2016 - 03:44 PM.

#7 StonedVet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 03:47 PM

View PostMech The Dane, on 21 January 2016 - 03:41 PM, said:

Because the FRR Hub is an FRR faction orientated organization and the 'K' tags we give out should be representative of how well a given pilot can do or has done with the weapons the FRR can bare.

I believe the reason I stated, which should to some degree echo Sjorpha's sentiments, should be quite rational. I couldn't tell you what is or isn't easy mode, and if it is easier in the IS to get a high score then I suppose everyone should rejoice? The 'K' tags aren't them selves super serious, I didn't even really want to do them, but enough people pushed that I finally capitulated.

That being said in order for their not to be problems or disagreements over these superfluous tags the rules will be enforced. If an RKA unit wants to change the rules (for instance to include Clan matches) they only have to call an RKA leadership vote and we can discuss and vote on the matter. I personally don't have strong emotions either way.

But, as I stated, I will enforce the rules to maintain order. If that is a problem and you want to laugh at your fellow compatriots for caring, I am disappointed but would love to alleviate those emotions with a Holmgang.

You mistake my comment for me frowning upon those who are "caring"

My laughing comment was directed at the clan mechs not being valid. Not laughing at the people making the rules but at the fact that getting 2k using a MDD as my main mech feels like I need to throw a parade.

I apologize for the misunderstanding.

#8 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 03:49 PM

View PostLowridah, on 21 January 2016 - 03:47 PM, said:

You mistake my comment for me frowning upon those who are "caring"

My laughing comment was directed at the clan mechs not being valid. Not laughing at the people making the rules but at the fact that getting 2k using a MDD as my main mech feels like I need to throw a parade.

I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Oh, okay, sorry.

#9 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 22 January 2016 - 03:29 AM

View PostLowridah, on 21 January 2016 - 03:09 PM, said:

Don't get me wrong, happy to be with 2323 and on the FRR hub. To me staying alive long enough in clan tech the way things are now to dish out 1k + is an achiement in itself.

Looking forward to getting back into IS chassis.
Cheers

My comment was about the requirement of several screenshots being good to show you are not just putting up your single most lucky game evar, it would be nice if a 2K tag meant that this is a player that can be more or less expected to break 2K quite often.

The clan/IS rule as i understand is just a thematic thing to underline us being an IS faction, it's just roleplay and not meant to reflect on the balance debate. Still a good rule IMO, roleplay is important for the community spirit. IMO there should also be a requirement that you do those matches while wearing an FRR badge or maybe even in a full FRR team.

I personally find it a lot easier to rake in the really high damage scores (2500+ damage) in clan mechs though, because you both have more damage output, more spread on that damage and more armor+structure to chew through. If I break 3&4K anytime soon it will probably be in clan mechs. It's also easier to get the high damage scores when pugging or in a small group, because then you get the opportunity to carry newbs and farm all that damage for yourself.

Edited by Sjorpha, 22 January 2016 - 03:31 AM.

#10 Ivan Romatovich Kerensky

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 44 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:35 AM

Personaly don't care as much as some over the tags. But it is fact that the IS mechs only rule was not posted in the screen shot room. Nor any posting I can find here. Nor was it ever passed along by word of mouth through the units to my knowledge. Seems a bit like sour grapes too me.

Should be done away with imo. Hell I play cw with an average fps of 9 too 19 and I got a 1k tag during our Ghost Bear tour in 2323, not because of clan mechs, but because of the influx of new players that stand still for me to shoot them lol.

#11 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:20 PM

View PostIvan Romatovich, on 22 January 2016 - 06:35 AM, said:

Should be done away with imo. Hell I play cw with an average fps of 9 too 19 and I got a 1k tag during our Ghost Bear tour in 2323, not because of clan mechs, but because of the influx of new players that stand still for me to shoot them lol.

View PostMech The Dane, on 21 January 2016 - 03:41 PM, said:

If an RKA unit wants to change the rules (for instance to include Clan matches) they only have to call an RKA leadership vote and we can discuss and vote on the matter. I personally don't have strong emotions either way.

#12 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:28 PM

I honestly didn't even know this was a thing. Thanks for the thread. Is there a listing of ALL the actual rules for this (other than what has been mentioned above) for posting and such?

#13 Ivan Romatovich Kerensky

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 44 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 January 2016 - 01:41 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 22 January 2016 - 12:28 PM, said:

I honestly didn't even know this was a thing. Thanks for the thread. Is there a listing of ALL the actual rules for this (other than what has been mentioned above) for posting and such?

And here is the point. There is no rule posted or mentioned anywhere until now. Outside of the ground rules for quilifying in the screen shot rooms or forums. (Which until today made no mention of mech type.) How can we call a vote on a rule that was never expressed as a rule? Shouldn't the person or persons with an issue of clan mech damage tags call a vote to MAKE it a rule? Instead of just calling it one without said vote process?

Bored as hell so I'm gona play butthurt devils advocate for a bit.

#14 Timberwolf5

Rookie

• The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 03:00 PM

Timberwolf5 is back in action.

Did not notice that tags were given out improperly.

I agree tags should only be given to IS scores.

Will review the current system.

To my understanding:

1K = 1 screenshot

2K = 2 screenshot

3K = 2 screenshot

4K = 1 screenshot

5K = 1 screenshot (clan scores allowed)

Regards,

Ok after reviewing the tag posts I see the dilemma.

We were running the honor system. Those that have no honor please fall on your swords!

Also, It's possible some people just did not know the rules.

Edited by Timberwolf5, 22 January 2016 - 03:04 PM.

#15 Lord Creston

• PipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 04:22 PM

I'll give a little feedback on the tags.

1. It wasn't clear to me that the tags were IS or FRR specific. My bad there. There were plenty of non FRR faction scores in there from various sources, many from my unit.

2. I fully support FRR only tagging. (as in you get the tag only if you made the match score as a champion of the FRR) It also puts some weight into the fact that the hub is FRR specific. (I would also exclude other IS houses, but that's an RKA matter)

3. At first I was concerned about some sort of elitism or other such nonsense slowly spawning from the tags, but in the last couple of months I have seen people use as badges, and being awarded them is a bit of a celebration. I like that. it makes people who finally break through a damage ceiling get a pat on the back by other pilots and has really only been a positive experience anytime I've witnessed it.

4. We should/will add a blurb on the rooms to define the rules. A good short topic for the next RKA meeting.

5. regardless of my opinions I will fully support any RKA council decision on the tags.

6. Thanks GHoppa for taking on the not so exciting task of auditing a list of screenshots and tags. Hats off to you.

They've been surprisingly pleasant to use and I don't want to see any drama over them, because, honestly, it's not worth it :)

#16 Padre Balistique

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 09:47 PM

Is any visitor allowed to post screenshots for the tag on FRRHub?

I've been delaying posting my screen shots cause I am not in a unit officially hosted in the hub.

#17 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:21 PM

View PostPadre Balistique, on 29 January 2016 - 09:47 PM, said:

Is any visitor allowed to post screenshots for the tag on FRRHub?

I've been delaying posting my screen shots cause I am not in a unit officially hosted in the hub.

Yup, you can. Post your screenshots in the relevant proofs channel description at the bottom of the hub and then add your name to the "Awaiting Damage Tags" channel and you'll be sorted.

Edit: Apparently "Guests" cannot edit the relevant channels to post their screenshots. In order to get permission you must be a part of a unit on the hub. RKA is the sort "volunteer army" recruits unit, so having an officer add you to that will allow you to post your screenshots. From there you can drop with people around the hub and eventually join a fully fledged unit.

Edited by Tarogato, 06 February 2016 - 09:57 AM.

#18 Scorpion Feet

• PipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 48 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 02:02 AM

Hey guys.

I have now finished going through all screenshots, and awarded/adjusted all damage tags as necessary. I took a 'slowly slowly' approach to this, to avoid upsetting people as much as possible, and worked with unit leaders where ever i could to keep them informed. I hopefully succeeded in that regard.

I have updated channel descriptions to reflect all rules and requirements. I have also changed the system slightly, to make it easier to identify new people who require tags. Place your screen shots in the appropriate 'proof channel', and place your name only in the 'requesting damage tags' channel. This means i dont need to memorize the proof channels and scour them for new names.

If you believe your damage tags are wrong, not awarded, or screenshots have been deleted (there were some broken links there), please contact GHoppa in game, or Hoppa on the FRR teamspeak hub. I will get it sorted out as soon as possible for you.

Lastly, if you do not want damage tags, i believe you can remove them yourself, but please also delete your screenshots from the proof channel. If i see you have screenshots but no tag, i will most likely end up giving you your tags back at some point :)

Edited by GHoppa, 31 January 2016 - 02:10 AM.

#19 Mahikan

• PipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:08 PM

I'm finding this system incredibly unclear.

I'm new to FRR while I get the tag system, what doesn't seem to make sense is how you go about requesting.

I see that you're suppose to edit the channel but everything is completely 100% grey'd out. With zero options to post. This is for every channel not just the 1k-2k or requesting tag's channel.

Or at least after reading this post and talking to people on ts, this is something that anyone should be able to do.

But then someone randomly told me today it has to be a TS admin. Which makes sense but after reading the description that's not typed anywhere.

Can someone clear this up? or at least make the requesting tag's system easier to understand?

Also why not just use the MWO forums and create a TAG request thread? seems like it would be far easier to manage, easier to post the screen shots. As well much easier to speak to the ts admin's rather then bugging you, when you happen to log on (especially if you happen to play at varying times)

Just a thought.

Ps. Trying to get my 2k tag(have various screen shots), I thought the tagging system was brilliant if only other factions did this. But getting frustrated since there's a lot of confusion from the people I've played with, as well as confusion on my part.

P.s.s. Everyone say's you go into the edit channel section/I've tried that and every sub window. I've also clicked on EVERY section and it's all Grey'd out.

Edited by Lobo VVahya, 05 February 2016 - 09:12 PM.

#20 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 February 2016 - 04:44 PM

Lobo VVahya i suspect this is your answer ...

View PostTarogato, on 30 January 2016 - 10:21 PM, said:

Edit: Apparently "Guests" cannot edit the relevant channels to post their screenshots. In order to get permission you must be a part of a unit on the hub. RKA is the sort "volunteer army" recruits unit, so having an officer add you to that will allow you to post your screenshots. From there you can drop with people around the hub and eventually join a fully fledged unit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users