News Social Balance

29 replies to this topic

#1 grendeldog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 340 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 05:50 PM

Hey guys. So in the thread about the upcoming town hall I noticed that somebody from an EU timezone was saying that he ad other folks from that area will not have the opportunity to ask questions unless they want to stay up way late at night, because only questions asked through the Twitch chat client will be answered.

So. I think that American timezone players should act as surrogates for some EU players and ask some questions that our EU counterparts pose. Are any N. A. players besides myself willing to try to do this?

EU players please ask questions here, and I'll do my best to ask some for you. Hopefully other players on this side of the Atlantic will also agree to act on your behalf. I can't say that this will work if I'm the only one trying to do this for you, and for all I know this will be buried in the Gen Discussion within minutes. Hopefully however that will not be the case. So ask some questions and if everything goes well we can get some of those questions to Russ.

#2 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 27 January 2016 - 12:17 AM

[Insert obligatory question about Quadrupeds]

#3 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 27 January 2016 - 01:44 AM

I waited 3 years to play a Mad Dog Prime. Any chance that the crappy heat system and ammo/ton will be changed in the future to make the mech viable (i.e. with 2xLPL, 2xMPL, 2xLRM20)?

Btw, I think I already know the answer Posted Image

#4 Paigan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 02:10 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 27 January 2016 - 12:17 AM, said:

The coding/modelling/etc. effort for that is and will always be like 10 times the effort for other badly wanted features.
There you have your answer, which will be the same the next 2343453 times you ask that.
Don't need PGI to answer that at all.

Edited by Paigan, 27 January 2016 - 02:12 AM.

#5 DerMaulwurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 599 posts
  • LocationPotato Tier

Posted 27 January 2016 - 02:22 AM

How far is the rescaling project and when can we expect the first changes to be implemented?

Are proper ammo-variants for LB-X ACs still on the agenda? If yes, is there any status report/timetable?

#6 Zeleglok

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 02:24 AM

Well, PGI did a great job with visibility at Polar Highlands ( map has some other issues but that's another story ). Many other maps don't have that, BUT: extremely bad visibility at, for example, night Caustic actually becomes perfect when heat vision is turned on making this mode VERY USEFUL.
So, would be nice to see reworked night/heat vision and maps in a way one could reach Polar Highlands level in any map no matter if it's day or night, if he uses the RIGHT vision mode for it. Any plans on that ?

Edited by Zeleglok, 27 January 2016 - 02:24 AM.

#7 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 27 January 2016 - 02:32 AM

View PostPaigan, on 27 January 2016 - 02:10 AM, said:

The coding/modelling/etc. effort for that is and will always be like 10 times the effort for other badly wanted features.
There you have your answer, which will be the same the next 2343453 times you ask that.
Don't need PGI to answer that at all.

#8 FlipOver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 27 January 2016 - 03:06 AM

Considering CW and the amount of maps (places to fight) and different environments, how hard would it be to have procedural generated maps created to cope with the need of more diversity? If it is not suited for CW, how about for solo queue?

Are there any plans to have a map predominantly made of water, where we would have places to fight under water?
Also, is there any idea on how the water would play a role regarding the various weapon systems?

When are we going to be able to get to Salvage parts from the enemy team, when we win?

You have started slowly with trees and light-posts, then in the Academy we have destructible vehicles, when will we have more destructible terrain? Is there any chance to add it to bridges, rocks or even small buildings? (the rubble would damage the mechs in contact with it just the same way as collision damage works at the moment.)

When will the 'mechs size determine the distance at which it can be locked/targeted?

Any plans for maps as big (or bigger) as Polar Highlands in the future?

Edit - One more:
Any plans to prevent high Pin-point damage?

Edit - Last one :P
What are PGI's thought on Random Daily Missions that could be related to the House one is fighting for?
More details about it: Here!

Edited by FlipOver, 28 January 2016 - 03:30 AM.

#9 Notorious Meerkat

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 03:25 AM

Quite often I fire mah lazorz and cannonzez to snipe and realize that mah beamziez and projectiles are hitting invisible objects (hitboxes messed up). Be it trees, buildings, rocks, anything, doesn't matter. So, I'd LOVE TO know if terrain/buildings on maps will get fixed at some point.

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 27 January 2016 - 12:17 AM, said:

Yeeeeeeeeeees! :3

#10 Haakon Magnusson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 636 posts
  • LocationI have no idea, they keep resetting CW map

Posted 27 January 2016 - 03:29 AM

View Postgrendeldog, on 26 January 2016 - 05:50 PM, said:

Hey guys. So in the thread about the upcoming town hall I noticed that somebody from an EU timezone was saying that he ad other folks from that area will not have the opportunity to ask questions unless they want to stay up way late at night, because only questions asked through the Twitch chat client will be answered.

So. I think that American timezone players should act as surrogates for some EU players and ask some questions that our EU counterparts pose. Are any N. A. players besides myself willing to try to do this?

EU players please ask questions here, and I'll do my best to ask some for you. Hopefully other players on this side of the Atlantic will also agree to act on your behalf. I can't say that this will work if I'm the only one trying to do this for you, and for all I know this will be buried in the Gen Discussion within minutes. Hopefully however that will not be the case. So ask some questions and if everything goes well we can get some of those questions to Russ.

Commented in Sandpits topic, but I'll put it to you just in case as well :)

Hardpoint specific quirks, have they considered it as an possibility?
(Less chance for boating if targeting appropriately and abominations like warhammer being better with nipple PPCs since the best quirks SHOULD be on arms)

And a new one as well:

Are they happy with PSR, anything resembling a Bell curve?
And more importantly; Are they intending to make PSR more harsh at upper tiers. As many say, currently it is more an indication of how much you play. It should require bigger numbers more one rises, taking progressively more points to rise at a higher tier and equally easier to fall down at higher tier.
Sure, it gets harder to get the needed points at upper tiers with competition

I'd imagine they now start having a healthy spread of players so they might have some starts to base numbers on, in the end it should be pretty much a Bell curve after all.

#11 Tarzilman

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,011 posts
  • LocationRim Territories

Posted 27 January 2016 - 03:33 AM

If someone would be so nice and pass my question on to Russ, concerning the Awesome (what else? :D):

Hi Russ!
On Twitter you mentioned that you may only thin out the CT of the Awesome as part of the rescaling progress. Why couldn't it be a complete rescale? I'm afraid the problems concerning the barn door CT will just move to the shoulders and arms and then we will have different complaints about this poor mech. Since I've been playing MWO in mid 2013 it never have had its time. Even the Quickdraw is a meta mech at the moment (was also about time, but will get nerfed soon). The Awesome finally deserves a better position in MWO and of course 2k textures, too!
Sidenote: You also mentioned the Awesome is one of the top 4 mechs to be rescaled. Now we will get Catapult, Nova, Quickdraw, Dragon and Kitfox first. Don't get me wrong, I and I'm sure many of the community appreciate that. But how much longer shall the Awesome lovers wait? It's about time to pimp this mech! And you shoukd do it right this time!
In german the Awesome is called "Todesbote". That's "death messenger" in english. While it can be a viable when you have love for it, it's still far away from a death messenger and also from beeing awesome. It should be a terrifying mech like it's described on Sarna. Please give this mech the deserved love FINALLY!

Ok, it's longer than I thought, but I would appreciate if you would ask it exactly like that. You can correct some parts of bad englisch or so, due to the fact that it's not my mother language, but please help me and all the other Awesome fans to save the Awesome finally!

Edited by Tarzilman, 27 January 2016 - 04:00 AM.

#12 PyckenZot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 870 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAnderlecht, Belgium

Posted 27 January 2016 - 04:31 AM

Awesome initiative. Much appreciated!

Question on the player inventory database.
For pilots owning 200+ mechs, saving loadouts starts to take quite some time. Any improvements foreseen?

Edited by PyckenZot, 27 January 2016 - 04:33 AM.

#13 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 04:34 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 27 January 2016 - 02:32 AM, said:

True :-)

Here you go:
Posted Image

#14 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 27 January 2016 - 05:35 AM

Please ask Russ about lore units in CW.

If you remember early CW presentation, it had two types of units - player-created (fully customisable and governed by players - the ones we have now); and loyalist units - premade units for every faction, with names existing in lore (example - 6th Lyran Guards, 22nd Skye Rangers, etc.), not governed by player - but by NPC, or dev., with permanent assignment to their faction.

I very much want to know about what happened to this concept. Will we see it in any form (like connecting link between pugs and units in CW), will we at least see the original unit names in CW (unlocking them for player units, who have permanent loyalty and disabling to switch side), or any other information about lore units.

#15 GreyNovember

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 05:40 AM

Mind if Asia chimes in?

4v4, and Mercenary work in CW.

When?

#16 Adler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 299 posts
  • LocationTikonov, Tikograd

Posted 27 January 2016 - 05:57 AM

Dear Russ

Will there be new factions added? Fore example Steel Vipers, Snt Ive, periphery factions, maybe pirates?
Stainers and Davions practically don't fight against each other.
Why aren't there Federated Commonwealth?

Thanks

#17 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:01 AM

Here are mine:

When will old bugs be reviewed like getting command by pressing space bar, 3rd AMS useless, jumping Quickdraw etc?
Why do my unit members have to be on my friendlist as well to invite them for CW?
After changing faction sometimes members even dont adapt the faction until a relog and thus cannot be invited to CW.
More functionality to map signals? Making them opaque or smaller? Map pings?
Ghost heat on UAC20 for double tapping?
Weapon modules for regular clan ACs?
Different dropdeck sizes for different relevant planets?
Dead mechs animation could be limited to stop moving after 5 secounds?
Why is a ppc projectile as big as an Adder at the beginning and hits any rock but can fly between arms and shoulders or legs of a firestarter?
More functionality to the member management, like entry dates, tiers, last time online, member list sortable by rank and the above?
Champion CHP-1N, when? Cyclops?
Every single time the 8 lines warning in faction chat comes up, make it show only once per session?
After renaming, are old names shown on forum profile, searchable?
Engine cap and jump jets cap on Highlander IIC?
Are gold mechs out of the shop now?

#18 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:46 AM

Q1: Do you have any plan to increase the importance of arm-mounted weapons (e.g. Warhammer PPC in arms rather than the more efficient Torso placement) ?

Q2: What do you think of increasing internal structure of ALL mechs by 50-100% (on top of the recent IS structure quirk increase) to increase TTK (time-to-kill) and increase the importance of disarming compared to very quick destructions by Torsos/Legs?

Q3: You previously thought about increasing hp of internal components (weapons, DHS, equipment) above 10hp. Do you still plan to do this?

Q4: What do you think of reducing all Ghost Heat limits to lower numbers (kicks in earlier) to reduce boating further? (compared to the recent increase of IS Large Lasers to 3 ) e.g. IS Large laser back to 2, Mlaser to 4 and so on.

Thanks if you manage to get to ask one of these and get Russ to answer some !

#19 Pz_DC

• Staff Sergeant
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 12:02 PM

1)Thosedays forums are filled wtih newcomers and "future suggestion" theme are filled with newbee requests. Any plans for split forum by time played?

2)Flamers. Will we see any changes soon? What about make it increase target's weapon heat by X%?

3)Drop- and jumpships in CW. We all want to have few dropdecks for CW - there are so many good mechs to play, but swaping whole deck every time you want to change, for example, AS7 for AWS is so boring... So idea is - "some" (cornerstone ones) star systems should have jumpship(s) and dropship(s). So, for example, I will have jumpship at star system A and other jumpshit at star system B. Both jumpships have 1 dropship, each of them have 4 mech bays. So for all planets, that can be reached from star A I will have dropship A with 4 mechs on it, and same goes to star system B with other mechs in there. I know its hard to do but look - it will make CW much more funny - having 2-3-X dropdeck ready in different star systems will allow players to use them all. Same time, I think that number of jump(drop) ships per player should be based on players current
rank.

4)Command console - any plans to improve it?

5)Stock mode. What about it? Still nothing?

And wish them a good luck and other positive things - they are doing wery well in past year.

P.S. 5)Any plans for REGULAR devs-drop in CW? Or maybe in quick play?

#20 Nomex 99

• 1,558 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 01:59 PM

Will we ever see:
  • New factions (Com Star, Word Of Blake, Clan Nova Cat, Clan Steel Viper)
  • New equipment (IS ER Sml/Med Laser, IS Streak SRM 4/6, IS LB-X 5/20 AC, IS Ultra 10/20 AC)
  • New Mechs (IS Omnis)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users