• 106 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 12:11 PM

Anyone thinks of a LRM spirit bear?
44.5t available: (with ferro)

18t: 4 LRM10 + 8t ammo
8t: 2 ER large laser
18.5t: Gauss + 3.5t ammo

would be a fast long range mech, very good for alpine and polar

Edited by Squarefox, 05 February 2016 - 12:40 PM.

#42 Luminis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 February 2016 - 12:57 PM

View PostSquarefox, on 05 February 2016 - 12:11 PM, said:

Posted Image

Gauss with 3.5 tons of ammo is 15.5 tons, by the way.

Edited by Luminis, 05 February 2016 - 12:58 PM.

#43 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 05 February 2016 - 02:11 PM

View PostRand Hopler, on 05 February 2016 - 10:09 AM, said:

Anyone else bother to read the Sarna post on the Kodiak? Kodiak-3 is a mid-3060s variant so where is the time jump in game?

It is a little disappointing them doing that. Of course, there are other variants in MWO that don't exist at all in canon.

#44 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 February 2016 - 02:31 PM

View PostLord0fHats, on 04 February 2016 - 01:27 PM, said:

It can mount firepower just shy of a Direwolf, while being much faster. This is like the Artic Cheetah when Wave III was announced; the Kodiak will be good. The hitboxes will largely determine how good it will be. So obviously I'm excited Posted Image

It's looking like Atlas hitboxes from the concept art, so it should be rather tanky, plus those huge arms will block shots from 3 maps over.

View PostIrishtoker, on 04 February 2016 - 07:17 AM, said:

I'm curious about how early adapter rewards work. I would not mind earning the modules, 30 days banked, etc for buying the mechs. Basic package only.

If I don't have both modules unlocked, will i still receive the item...will it perhaps be unlocked for me (since I would have paid for it)?

You would get them, and if I'm not mistaken, you'd be able to use them, without needing to unlock them. However, you get them as level 1 modules, if you want to upgrade them, you'll need to spend the XP on them (radar dep has no upgrade, so just slap it on whichever mech you like.)

The GXP unlock allows you to purchase modules, not install them. So if you have any in your inventory, without purchasing them from the mechlab (like early adopter rewards), you can install them on your mechs just fine. You can't buy more of them, until you spend the unlock GXP to buy more with C-Bills.

View PostSquarefox, on 05 February 2016 - 12:11 PM, said:

44.5t available: (with ferro)

18t: 4 LRM10 + 8t ammo
8t: 2 ER large laser
18.5t: Gauss + 3.5t ammo

would be a fast long range mech, very good for alpine and polar

View PostLuminis, on 05 February 2016 - 12:57 PM, said:

Gauss with 3.5 tons of ammo is 15.5 tons, by the way.

Yep, clan Guass is 12 tons. It's literally an improvement on IS Gauss in every respect.

#45 Squarefox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 05:33 AM

Sad, that not all variants have MASC and jump jets. I want to drive a MASC + jump jet 100t assault with 10 medium pulse lasers in its arms... Posted Image

Edited by Squarefox, 06 February 2016 - 05:33 AM.

#46 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 06:28 AM

View PostBarkem Squirrel, on 04 February 2016 - 09:04 AM, said:

Just keep the Atlas pilots away from these monsters and all will be well.

Atlas vs Kodiak Private Matches incoming.

Anyone else bother to read the Sarna post on the Kodiak? Kodiak-3 is a mid-3060s variant so where is the time jump in game?

Covered in another topic, same for the -2 and -4. Said to be possible because despite coming in lore at a later year, they use existing in game tech.

Check OP picture.

Edited by Wildstreak, 06 February 2016 - 07:03 AM.

#47 Silas7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 130 posts
  • Location'Mechbay

Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:16 PM

View PostSquarefox, on 06 February 2016 - 05:33 AM, said:

Sad, that not all variants have MASC and jump jets. I want to drive a MASC + jump jet 100t assault with 10 medium pulse lasers in its arms... Posted Image

Yeah that's one thing I wish was different. Having one variant other than the hero that's Masc capable.

#48 Thunderchild

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 49 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 16 February 2016 - 06:31 AM

KDK 5:
XL400
10 MPL = 20 tons
LPL = 6 tons
TC 4= 4 tons
10 DHS = 10 tons

Hope there's slots for it :P

#49 theta123

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:37 AM

View PostThunderchild, on 16 February 2016 - 06:31 AM, said:

KDK 5:
XL400
10 MPL = 20 tons
LPL = 6 tons
TC 4= 4 tons
10 DHS = 10 tons

Hope there's slots for it Posted Image

I think it will fit, altough the LPL might be pushing it. I'm going for a 10 MPL build aswel, however without the LPL, simular TGT and maximum on

As in your case

DWF-W

Fit in the 2 opened slots for your LPL. Then cut the leg armor a bit and you have your KDK-5

I tried 10 MPL with a direwolf, and having grouped them per 5 , i say its quite devestating. Now there will be 4 extra DHS on the engine, so that will cause some relieve aswel. However dont fire all 10 at a time

Edited by theta123, 17 February 2016 - 03:39 AM.

#50 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 17 February 2016 - 08:24 PM

View PostJack Shayu Walker, on 01 February 2016 - 07:04 PM, said:

Fingers crossed that the Kodiak Hero will have two Ballistic HPs. XL400, MASC, 2x UAC/10, LPL, 15 DHS near max armor, and still 8 more tons to tinker with <3

yea-nope. I prefer the current load out and do not want another uncreative meta spewer. If people buy the Spirit bear I want it to be for more reasons than having a premium version of there meta Kodiak 3. I personally wanted most of the 2 ballistic Kodiaks to have 1. That thing carried a big gun on virtually all variants both IS and clan and the mk II, I do not want to see smaller ballistics spammed everywehre

View PostShadowbaneX, on 02 February 2016 - 04:49 PM, said:

I'm gonna die so often to these. I'm gonna see it come running around a corner, see it's little furry ears and then fall off my chair laughing.

Good for you I guess?

View PostWildstreak, on 02 February 2016 - 07:35 PM, said:

Coffinail, you should know better, MWO Assault jump jets don't work like that. More likely the Kodiak would have to tell the Mad Dog, "Wait, wait, gotta climb outta this hole....dang it, there goes my back again.....someone call a doc please....pardon me, these jets ain't what they used to be." Posted Image

Kodiak Hero should have a built-in roar warhorn like the Heavy Metal got, just like this at start.

In MW: O the kodiak would probably 1 shot kill the mad dog with PPFLD meta vomit of doom or something like that [ie: 6 ER medium laser, 2 Large pulse, 1 gauss. = 82 damage alpha strike. (6x7 + 2x13 + 1x15)

Even then. I do not want a built in warhorn, just make it the JJ sound in general and I would need new pants... and a wall.

View PostMr Hunter, on 03 February 2016 - 05:14 AM, said:

I just hope PGI deciedes to buff the clan ac/20s before we get the kodiak, sorry clans your ac 20 sucks and basically defies the main advantage ballistics have over laser, pin point damage Posted Image

I thought the main advantage of ballistics was being much more colder than Energy?
Eitherway, I doubt inner sphere UAC 20's are better... oh wait.

View PostFreebirthToad18999, on 03 February 2016 - 07:14 PM, said:

I wonder why there's no official announcement post/thread for it yet?

There is one in the front page / launcher for the purchase of this pack.
The post comes in when it's under a week.

View PostKrispy Fiend, on 03 February 2016 - 07:15 PM, said:

Correct me if I'm wrong - the Kodiak will be a regular battlemech, and not an omni-mech that can swap out arms/legs/STs/heads?

Yes, it is a 100 ton clan ghost bear battlemech.
If you haven't noticed Clan Ghost Bear are a bit of a Battlemechphile. For eg the fact Clan Ghost Bear got more operational kingcrabs in active use than the entire inner sphere atm... They also love the Grizzly, IIC mechs, Highlander [non IIC], etc...

View PostDibster, on 04 February 2016 - 08:29 AM, said:

Thanks, that gave me all the info I need to emulate the Kodiak in Smurfy. Posted Image

Looks like it'll be the KDK-3 with XL400, Endo Steel, Ferro Fibrous, 19DHS, 6xERML, 4xUAC5 /w 8 tons of ammo for me. If I got it right, that's all slots and pretty much all weight used.

You could just use skunkworks mechlab and stuff. That's what I did. and test the heat out via heatsinks and weapons on Smurfy.

View PostT Decker, on 04 February 2016 - 06:14 PM, said:

If it's any good at all, which it won't be, it'll be NERFED into the equivalent of a stock Hunchback by the end of June.

It'll be crap though, because it's got a torso as wide as an Awesome, and it's purposely built as a brawler. With I.S. LRMs hitting like a hammer, and I.S. ERLLASERS now out ranging the Clan equivalent, they'll never make it far enough on the battlefield to ever hurt anyone, unless they just happen to bump into each other around a corner.

Clan tech has been NERFED so badly that it can't even be called "Clan tech" anymore.

Well, stock hunchback is the most OP tech 1 mech in game and is one of the few stock mechs in game that is IS that can continue being stock and do well.

The Awesomes width isn't much of a problem in my eye, and due to the side profile it makes torso twisting to screw enemy damage up very easy... speaking of which the Awesome in close range is very good in terms of hitbox and such. So the "kodiak with awesome hitbox" isn't a bad thing for a brawler, it just sucks more if you are hill humper sniper.
IS LRM's sure do a lot of damage in that instance but Clan LRM's have superior DPS/T. etc. And most IS mechs can not out range a clan mech [more or less the same]. Clans still do a bit more damage for a bit more heat. Considering all of the kodiaks go 60kph+ minus the SB which hits 90kph+ it is very easy to get into range. I mean an Atlas can get into range every so and so. so I doubt a mech with double the effective range and out running half the medium mechs will have issues to get into range...

Btw since you have the dev server and can already test the Kodiaks hitboxes and such could you tell me if the Kodiak 4's missile arm location? thanks.

View PostMandarbBushido, on 05 February 2016 - 06:42 AM, said:

Kodiak, now with retractable claws. +2 damage to melee attacks.

why should it get melee damage boost? it has no sword/ battle claw/ axe/ hatchet to give it any modification to melee.

Ahem...

Kodiak 1: 3001
Kodiak 5: 3052
Kodiak 2: 3062
Kodiak 4: 3066
Kodiak 3: 3068

Right now we got two kodiak variants in timeline- the other 3 are not... but this brings the question... What makes this worse than the PGI made up variants to make a mech fit in? For eg the Orion IIC A, B, C or Shadowcat P...
The thing is the Shadowcat P is just a 3050's tech version of the Shadowcat J (1 HAG 20, 6 Anti personal gauss rifles... nearly same weight and layout as the 1 Gauss, 6 MG's we got and playstyle). So why doesn't Gaijin make up a variant of the Kodiak 2... 4... 3... oh wait. What's the point then if you have the same hardpoints with slightly different weapons... or having the same weapons? all this tech exists in 3050 and 2 mechs are from our timeline. The Kodiak chassis itself is old so it isn't going to be OP like say a Blood Asp and it has no future tech like the XXL or Heavy lasers or HAG's and such. So there is no real problems here gameplay wise, mechanically, etc.

Russ himself stated that we are now looking into adding mechs that FIT the weapon criteria of MW:O and tech... right now this is adding variants of mechs that are already existant but we may soon hit mechs like the Deimos, Mad Cat II, Argus, Osiris, Owens, Thanatos.

I am with you that I do not think post 3053 [current time] mechs should come in game yet, we got many good mechs for 3052 and 3053 like the Raptor [first IS omnimech] and several other IS and clan choices... I mean after we add all of those mechs we will most likely hit 3056 and such and this is where our old MW4 Favourites start crawling lout like the arival of the Owens, Cougar, etc coming soon...

I can wait.

View PostDuncan1dah0, on 05 February 2016 - 02:11 PM, said:

It is a little disappointing them doing that. Of course, there are other variants in MWO that don't exist at all in canon.

Well, we got 2. but yea, as mentioned above. I preffer it this way than for them to make up the third variant... which has no point as all other made up variants is a modern (3053) i-fide late variant... how do you make a mech with 2 LBX 20's and 4 ER medium lasers modern?... it already is in all in tech, chassis, etc.

View PostSquarefox, on 06 February 2016 - 05:33 AM, said:

View PostSilas7, on 06 February 2016 - 10:16 PM, said:

Yeah that's one thing I wish was different. Having one variant other than the hero that's Masc capable.

I am pretty sure the kodiak had a structural problem with MASC and that's what the Executioners role fell into while the Kodiak split of the other way for the Ghost Bears. so having more MASC beyound hero would be a lil weird. However I wished more had JJ...

#51 Arctcwolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • 147 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 02:45 AM

kdk-3 should be a 2x gauss, 3x LPL setup with the rest masc, DHS, and ams. run it left side/right side shooting so u can peek around corners without exposing the whole mech, with masc pulling you back when targeted. I dont think I would run the 400XL, and will probably play around with the 375XL or 350XL engines after its been mastered.

i believe masc can be equipped in all variants since it is set up like an IS mech, correct me if im wrong.

otherwise, the spirit bear is gonna have a nice quad SRM 6 spam for short range and 2x LPL + gauss for long range.

#52 Thunderchild

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 49 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 19 February 2016 - 04:07 AM

View Posttheta123, on 17 February 2016 - 03:37 AM, said:

I think it will fit, altough the LPL might be pushing it. I'm going for a 10 MPL build aswel, however without the LPL, simular TGT and maximum on

As in your case

DWF-W

Fit in the 2 opened slots for your LPL. Then cut the leg armor a bit and you have your KDK-5

I tried 10 MPL with a direwolf, and having grouped them per 5 , i say its quite devestating. Now there will be 4 extra DHS on the engine, so that will cause some relieve aswel. However dont fire all 10 at a time

But you are forgetting that XL400 fits 6 HS's in it> that's your 8 slots for 4 HS in which endo comes in and wham> LPL in mid torso :) along with standard 560 armor. Might even have 1 slot left, so if there is one ton> TC5

#53 Flushot

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:15 AM

View PostArctcwolf, on 19 February 2016 - 02:45 AM, said:

kdk-3 should be a 2x gauss, 3x LPL setup with the rest masc, DHS, and ams. run it left side/right side shooting so u can peek around corners without exposing the whole mech, with masc pulling you back when targeted. I dont think I would run the 400XL, and will probably play around with the 375XL or 350XL engines after its been mastered.

i believe masc can be equipped in all variants since it is set up like an IS mech, correct me if im wrong.

otherwise, the spirit bear is gonna have a nice quad SRM 6 spam for short range and 2x LPL + gauss for long range.

Pretty sure you would be wrong on the MASC since the spec sheet has a specific line stating "MASC capable" and only the Spirit Bear has a yes.

That said I'm thinking I can trade down to a 375, change the Streaks to regular srms. This should give me enough tonnage to change the lasers to large pulses and the UAC 10 to a 20. I haven't looked at the slots to make sure it fits but at least the tonnage should be kosher.

#54 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 February 2016 - 02:27 AM

View PostThunderchild, on 19 February 2016 - 04:07 AM, said:

But you are forgetting that XL400 fits 6 HS's in it> that's your 8 slots for 4 HS in which endo comes in and wham> LPL in mid torso Posted Image along with standard 560 armor. Might even have 1 slot left, so if there is one ton> TC5

IS already has a MASC mech (the loyalty Wolverine), which I have. None of the other wolverines get MASC, even though the Loyalty one has it.

It's gonna be like JJs. Variant specific.

#55 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 20 February 2016 - 04:55 AM

Does raise the question of when will the Cataphract 3L will be added, it's been i nthe game file for 'years' and has MASC but surprisingly wolverine got MASC first.

#56 Raso

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 23 February 2016 - 12:28 PM

So one version has ballistics in the left and right torso. I love me some ballistics and really want to pack it with dual UAC20s or LBX20s. I hope they don't pad it with built-in DHS that make torso mounted LBX20s impossible like the Dire Whale and other clan assaults...

#57 eFTy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 296 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 02:48 PM

The KDK-3 stock configuration has 2 LBX20s so I'd wager you're safe...

#58 Remains Intact

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 03:49 PM

Hello, 2 questions.

1. Is this mech going to have the "clan xl" functionality (not swappable, but can lose a st and keep going).

2. Is this mech going to have swappable arms/st like other clan mechs?

If the answer to both questions is yes, this thing is going to be stupid good. If it's no, then it will be just good.

#59 Skarlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 328 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 04:25 PM

View PostRemains Intact, on 23 February 2016 - 03:49 PM, said:

Hello, 2 questions.

1. Is this mech going to have the "clan xl" functionality (not swappable, but can lose a st and keep going).

2. Is this mech going to have swappable arms/st like other clan mechs?

If the answer to both questions is yes, this thing is going to be stupid good. If it's no, then it will be just good.

The Kodiak will not have omnipods, so the hard points on each variant are what you get. It can take a clan XL (or a std engine but who would ever do that?). The MASC variant has the MASC optional, and the Jump Jet variant has optional jump jets. You can take MASC or not on spirit bear and take as many or as few JJs as you wish on the jump jet capable mech.

#60 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 05:40 PM

View PostRaso, on 23 February 2016 - 12:28 PM, said:

So one version has ballistics in the left and right torso. I love me some ballistics and really want to pack it with dual UAC20s or LBX20s. I hope they don't pad it with built-in DHS that make torso mounted LBX20s impossible like the Dire Whale and other clan assaults...

Looks like it will be similar to the IIc mechs, in that it will be a Battlemech rather than an omnimech and so won't have any fixed equipment. Personally, I'm eyeing the one with 4 ballistic slots and seeing which autocannon I can fit 4 of. Quad UAC5 sounds like so much fun

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users